darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 152 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#7551 Posted: 01:46:09 17/07/2016
Quote: Luminous35
We already know were getting a Light Brawler, Life Bazooker, and a Water Knight

how do you know that

i said how do you know that

whats that on the ground over there, is that the script
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#7552 Posted: 01:47:32 17/07/2016
Quote: Crash10
Quote: stealth
I honestly don't like any of them. Hate humanoids, so Bar is out. And Chop looks really really lame, just a ball holding a weapon. /: What happened to animals or mythical creatures or dragons. Humanoids/human parts everywhere.
Also, don't care for TKC at all. Krackencase maybe the only one i'm slightly interested in. Idk about this game anymore.

Just because they're not quadruped doesn't mean they're not mythical creatures or animals. About Chopscotch being "a ball holding a weapon", this was made in all of the games, and, personally, I like this style of Skylander.

I personally like quadrupeds, and when I speak of mythical I mean like griffins, or dragons, rather than witches or vampires. I'm speaking in term of my preference. I also understand people can have different opinions, but I really don't like the ball-like characters and never will.
I'm disappointed, but I'm happy to see others really like these characters.

edit: to add i wouldn't mind characters like tuff luck, who are very obviously animals, just bipedal versions. So King is good, Ambush is good. Its that we keep seeing installments like Barbella that are very clearly humanoid. I just don't like human-like faces I guess is my best explanation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:50:14 17/07/2016 by stealth
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#7553 Posted: 01:51:47 17/07/2016
Quote: Bionichute
We already know were getting a Light Brawler, Life Bazooker, and a Water Knight

how do you know that

i said how do you know that

whats that on the ground over there, is that the script

Those are the only 3 classes left. We can't have a Water or Life Brawler since we already have both of those, so Brawler goes to Light. Life already has Knight, so that goes to Water. That leaves Life with Bazooker.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#7554 Posted: 01:56:59 17/07/2016
I honestly don't like any of them. Hate humanoids, so Bar is out. And Chop looks really really lame, just a ball holding a weapon. /: What happened to animals or mythical creatures or dragons. Humanoids/human parts everywhere.
Also, don't care for TKC at all. Krackencase maybe the only one i'm slightly interested in. Idk about this game anymore.

Just because they're not quadruped doesn't mean they're not mythical creatures or animals. About Chopscotch being "a ball holding a weapon", this was made in all of the games, and, personally, I like this style of Skylander.

I personally like quadrupeds, and when I speak of mythical I mean like griffins, or dragons, rather than witches or vampires. I'm speaking in term of my preference. I also understand people can have different opinions, but I really don't like the ball-like characters and never will.

edit: to add i wouldn't mind characters like tuff luck, who are very obviously animals, just bipedal versions. So King is good, Ambush is good. Its that we keep seeing installments like Barbella that are very clearly humanoid. I just don't like human-like faces I guess is my best explanation.

I also like quadrupeds, and I expect then to come back, but I feel that they only will when they make Cores again, since SuperChargers and Imaginators only have gimmick Skylanders. I understand that you don't like characters that are too much human-like. But I have the bad sensation that your opinion about the new characters will not change much until we get a new game with Core Skylanders.
---
Bruh
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#7555 Posted: 02:01:55 17/07/2016
I kinda think since Crash is probably just an additional Life character, that the villain could still be a Brawler. I know he's most likely on the poster, but since they made four characters for two elements I think they wouldn't care if the same class is in an element twice.
So, my prediction:

Light: Luminous - Knight
Water: Chill Bill - Bazooker
Life: Chompy Mage - Brawler
#7556 Posted: 02:04:17 17/07/2016
I feel that the Life Villain will be a Sorcerer. Broccoli Guy or Chompy Mage.
---
Bruh
#7557 Posted: 02:09:05 17/07/2016
I feel that the Life Villain will be a Sorcerer. Broccoli Guy or Chompy Mage.

We already have a villain that's a Sorcerer though.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#7558 Posted: 02:09:15 17/07/2016
We already have a Villain Sorcerer, dude.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#7559 Posted: 02:15:31 17/07/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: PwnageFTW
I wonder if I can convince an employee that works at a store that sells the crash edition to sell me crash alone <.<

Considering how DK and Bowser were released seperately, I'm sure Crash will get a separate release, too

No I meant like on release day they could sell him separately to me
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#7560 Posted: 02:18:04 17/07/2016
Anyone else kinda feel like the Senseis were made in the creator first, and then fleshed out with more actual concepts?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#7561 Posted: 02:21:34 17/07/2016
Anyone else kinda feel like the Senseis were made in the creator first, and then fleshed out with more actual concepts?

The parts in the creator are based off the Skylanders, not the other way around.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:23:33 17/07/2016 by Deja Vu
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#7562 Posted: 02:32:59 17/07/2016
Quote: Deja Vu

The parts in the creator are based off the Skylanders, not the other way around.

So, there was a silhouette that looked exactly like Tae's weapon in the backpack section. He probably has his weapons on his back too smilie

Edit: What if Chopscotch's catchphrase was Stop, Chop, and Roll! I'm so proud of myself I actually created a creative catchphrase.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:39 17/07/2016 by Luminous35
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7563 Posted: 03:07:57 17/07/2016

Some of them do.
Class rules aside, characters such as Ember, Wild Storm, Barbella, Ambush, the Water Quickshot girl and even Crash do look like Imaginators on steroids.

Not that it's an objectively bad or good thing, but I think it's true.

I'd like to give a small... Let's say guide-line to villains based on what we know, if I may:

- Elements aren't indicative anymore, maaaaybe only for Doom Raiders;
- weapons apparently can be changed but not heavily, as seen with Wolfgang's and Hood Sickle's;
- I agree with the fact Elements probably won't have more of the same Classes but I don't think Crash counts, being a guess-star, so a Life Brawler is still possible.

Hope it's helpful for speculations!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:15:49 17/07/2016 by Drek95
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7564 Posted: 03:14:38 17/07/2016
[User Posted Image]
From EBGames.ca

Oddly, the Starter Pack picture is of the Nordic version (XBone and X360 also show Nordic, while PS3 and PS4 show the NA version, with the Swap Portal).
[User Posted Image]

So, looks like Europe is getting the new Modded Rift Portal, just like Australia.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#7565 Posted: 03:22:31 17/07/2016
I'm not even taking it out, it's going into the trash like all the other garbage.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7566 Posted: 03:30:14 17/07/2016
Yup.
Another Portal which is going directly with the forced reposes and Super Shot Stealth Elf.

I'm still hoping for an Imaginite Portal of some kind.
Come on, TfB, I know you can do it (if you have the time...)!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#7567 Posted: 03:40:52 17/07/2016
Quote: Drek95
Yup.
Another Portal which is going directly with the forced reposes and Super Shot Stealth Elf.

I'm still hoping for an Imaginite Portal of some kind.
Come on, TfB, I know you can do it (if you have the time...)!

They could literally make the portal in a day. They just have to throw a design together and then rip the wiring from the previous Portals.
---
#7568 Posted: 03:42:40 17/07/2016
That's uh, not entirely how it works.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#7569 Posted: 03:43:47 17/07/2016
I don't think what is on that poster is everything in Wave One. I think it only shows some of the more recently revealed characters. I mean, why wouldn't Tri-Tip and Ember be there? And let's be honest - there's no way they'd only release 9 Crystals on Day One.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#7570 Posted: 03:48:30 17/07/2016

It can be if you believe in yourself
---
#7571 Posted: 04:05:03 17/07/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
there's no way they'd only release 9 Crystals on Day One.

Sorry, what? 9 would be enough to get one of each Element (if all are different elements and not Fire). Why would they put out more than that on day one?
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#7572 Posted: 04:45:04 17/07/2016
Quote: Nightmoon

Sorry, what? 9 would be enough to get one of each Element (if all are different elements and not Fire). Why would they put out more than that on day one?

There would be two Life Crystals.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#7573 Posted: 05:00:35 17/07/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude

It can be if you believe in yourself

Once they have the design for a portal sketched, rendered in a CAD program, and have a physical mock-up made, they need to get everything set up for mass production (molds, ect...) so one can be included in each copy of the game. It's a lot easier to use a portal that they either have plenty of unsold copies of, or to use old molds/slightly modified old molds that can also accommodate the RFID reader components already designed to fit them.

EDIT: On my laptop now, and I can type more. As for why Superchargers got a new portal after Trap Team despite having no real need for a redesign, I'm guessing some component of Trap Team's portal was more expensive? Maybe the multiple lights that could change colors independently of each other, maybe the speaker, or the Trap LED (All of these went unused in Superchargers), or any number of those components. At any rate, the Superchargers portal was technologically minimalistic, with no light effects, and was otherwise a Swap Force portal in terms of how many RFID chips it could support. Seeing as the Trap slot is apparently being phased out (having only fringe use in Racing mode outside of Trap Team), both the redesigned Rift portal and the reused Swap portal lack it.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:15:41 17/07/2016 by Wolfgang
#7574 Posted: 06:06:05 17/07/2016

There would be two Life Crystals.

Oh, you meant including the 1-3 Starter Pack Crystals. I thought you meant 9 singles, which made no sense to me. Anyway, most games have delayed at least one Element to a later wave, so it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7575 Posted: 06:42:29 17/07/2016
Quote: Wolfgang
Once they have the design for a portal sketched, rendered in a CAD program, and have a physical mock-up made, they need to get everything set up for mass production (molds, ect...) so one can be included in each copy of the game. It's a lot easier to use a portal that they either have plenty of unsold copies of, or to use old molds/slightly modified old molds that can also accommodate the RFID reader components already designed to fit them.

Legal and safety aspect too. I've seen the registered documents online for the prior portals and that's a ton of legalese and complex techno babble that probably takes months to bang out properly. Someone probably has to do a lot of research on them to make sure the portals won't explode or melt and then they probably need to get it approved by some safety commission out there. It's probably a few million dollars or so cheaper to just reuse an older portal. I would do it too as I don't think people are really all that excited about new portals anymore, are they? The SC one seems to be almost universally hated.

So about the waves, it looks like 6 right here on that sheet. Assuming 6 per wave, that's 5 waves again. First day release, second week, a couple weeks before Christmas, around Easterish and then "if-ever" for wave 5 (no more Thrillipede hi-jinx please).

Sadly (or perhaps luckily as I'll still be playing that new Paper Mario on Skylanders release day) the first wave characters I'm not all that excited about. Most are nice yes but nothing I must absolutely have right away either. Barbella Cyrus really doesn't appeal to me and I'm a bit disappointed as I really thought that Ember was the day one waifu.

Also, about ChopScotch I'm calling Easter variant! Eggfu (Egg Waifu) is interesting even if she's not a she. I'm the excited about that character the most out of the six.
---
Stay Cool!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#7576 Posted: 07:23:28 17/07/2016

So, there was a silhouette that looked exactly like Tae's weapon in the backpack section. He probably has his weapons on his back too smilie

Edit: What if Chopscotch's catchphrase was Stop, Chop, and Roll! I'm so proud of myself I actually created a creative catchphrase.

Hey that is a pretty good catchphrase well done there. I like my catchphrase for her "Chop, Skip and a Jump" since you know her name is based off of hopscotch. Either way you really did think of a good catchphrase for her.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#7577 Posted: 08:03:35 17/07/2016

Your definition of "mythical" makes perfect sense until you realize that the majority of humanoids are cryptids, and that the majority of non-humanoid creatures actually exist.
About 90% of humanoids are mythical.
You've got humans and a bunch of primates irl.
You've got moth-man, Ents, Bigfoot, the Yeti, fishmen, vampires, Zombies, Dearves, Elves, Gremlins, Fauns, Goblins, Grays, Slim men, and a ton of local folklore humanoid creatures that are known for... The thing priests used to be known for as well.
But for every real animal off the top of my head, I could come up with at most one mythical one.
Cats, dogs, Horses, elephants, rhinos, Hippopatumus.
Dragons, Griffins, Wyverns, etc
so maybe you should "rethink" your definition of mythical.
If you mean wuadrapeds, then say quadrapeds.
But Dogs aren't mythical, cats aren't, nearly every creature that's standing upright is mythical, save for apes of some sort, but at most half of those who are walking on all legs are mythical
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#7578 Posted: 09:16:25 17/07/2016
[User Posted Image]

I sinned

I don't think I have any attraction to Golden Queen (she's all solid metal it seems) but I still like calling her Golden Waifu.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7579 Posted: 09:53:17 17/07/2016
I don't know if this counts, but IDW Publishing announced that Skylanders will be featured in SDCC for a Kids Rule time schedule next Sunday for the writers to talk about the Skylanders comics and doing Q&As.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/i...-2016-schedule/

So far, no sign of Imaginators.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#7580 Posted: 10:33:00 17/07/2016
Anyone else think chopscotch looks like a voodoo shrunken head?

[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#7581 Posted: 11:14:13 17/07/2016
I'm not really digging any of the humanoid characters either, mostly because my preference is animals, too. I'm also wondering why there have never been gimmick quadrupeds. All you have to do is make the said character bigger and bam, it fits with the bunch. Mostly my favorite characters in the game are the returning villains. (You know, cause the animals.) But hey, I still like Wolfgang, Krankcase and Crash a whole lot. It's just the slight disappointment comes around now and again, you know? I'm not really trying to be negative at all. smilie
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#7582 Posted: 11:19:49 17/07/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
Anyone else think chopscotch looks like a voodoo shrunken head?

[User Posted Image]

I thought she was an egg at first, but looking closer at this picture I see tiny feet
---
#7583 Posted: 12:06:00 17/07/2016
Quote: Aura24
I don't know if this counts, but IDW Publishing announced that Skylanders will be featured in SDCC for a Kids Rule time schedule next Sunday for the writers to talk about the Skylanders comics and doing Q&As.

Hm, well at least they'll be there. Though I'm sure we'll get the Elites and after this massive leak I would only be slightly disappointed if we wouldn't get anything. (Though I want more of these until gamescom)
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#7584 Posted: 12:13:59 17/07/2016
I'm thinking elites and Barbella, Chopscotch, Krankcase and Tae Kwon Crow if they are really wave one, also possibly Hood Sickle as we didn't get gameplay or backstory
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#7585 Posted: 12:24:13 17/07/2016
Since it's IDW I only expect comics for now. Hope to see the TV series and maybe some new gameplay.

Also, I have to say that I'm one of those guys who never gets disappointed by the design of some Skylanders. Maybe because I'm one of those who buy them all or one of those who like all types of characters. I only wished that there was some more quadrupeds. Aside from that, everyone is looking good for me.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:28:02 17/07/2016 by Crash10
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#7586 Posted: 12:25:18 17/07/2016
Ok seriously does anyone know if the catalog is online?!?!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#7587 Posted: 12:29:46 17/07/2016
[User Posted Image]
Chompy Samurai.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#7588 Posted: 12:30:39 17/07/2016
Quote: Buuzer
[User Posted Image]
Chompy Samurai.

I don't think that's a Chompy
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#7589 Posted: 12:35:23 17/07/2016
Dang Buuzer, I was going to post it. anyway, it's to commemorate the World Emoji Day.

Why the heck there's a World Emoji Day?
---
Bruh
#7590 Posted: 12:41:37 17/07/2016
Dang Buuzer, I was going to post it. anyway, it's to commemorate the World Emoji Day.

Why the heck there's a World Emoji Day?

there's a day for everything
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#7591 Posted: 12:42:01 17/07/2016
At least we're starting to see some new imaginators classes in these pics ( I'm assuming that's a sentinel )
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#7592 Posted: 12:54:00 17/07/2016
Now give us a Swashbuckler... QUICK!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#7593 Posted: 13:10:17 17/07/2016
Quote: Aura24

Zap, take note smilie though I don't remember which day are you going.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:11:02 17/07/2016 by Bifrost
SporeVideos3 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3479
#7594 Posted: 13:38:29 17/07/2016
Here's one I found a few day ago, The Statue of Liberty
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie32/32 smilie16/16 smilie32/32 smilie52/52 smilie20/20 smilie31/31
#7595 Posted: 13:41:27 17/07/2016
Already posted, it was for the 4th of July.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:38 17/07/2016 by Bifrost
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#7596 Posted: 13:41:46 17/07/2016
Quote: SporeVideos3
Here's one I found a few day ago, The Statue of Liberty
[User Posted Image]

A little lat to the party...
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#7597 Posted: 13:58:33 17/07/2016
[User Posted Image]
From EBGames.ca

Oddly, the Starter Pack picture is of the Nordic version (XBone and X360 also show Nordic, while PS3 and PS4 show the NA version, with the Swap Portal).
[User Posted Image]

So, looks like Europe is getting the new Modded Rift Portal, just like Australia.

are they seriously not gonna redesign the portal at all?? and just make some small adjustment of the supercharger/swap force portal???..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#7598 Posted: 14:04:29 17/07/2016
Was it confirmed that you can use the TT portal?
#7599 Posted: 14:04:52 17/07/2016
They said they might not have the time for a new one, and in that case they just wouldn't bother. I just hope the US ones have the SF or Traptanium portals, the lack of lights on these is painful.

Any portal works minus the limitations, it just changes which is bundled in the starter pack.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:06:02 17/07/2016 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 152 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me