darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 40 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#1951 Posted: 19:08:17 31/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: 84skylanderdude
@TTD that character looks more like an Imaginator rather than a Sensei.

Yup, with the size meter at minimum. The guy is waaay too thin.

He is 100% a Sensei. It may just be the art, I imagine he will look different in game. He kinda looks like a grass Genji from Overwatch.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1952 Posted: 19:08:30 31/05/2016
So nobody's talking about the Doomlanders and how there's gonna be another possibly large group of villains?

I mean, I dislike Kaos being the villain again, but the Doomlanders sound great as a concept.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1953 Posted: 19:08:34 31/05/2016
Quote: fairyland
LOL!! Old figures of Skyro are so worthless that they are used for door stops at Activision. I know that's not how it went, but that's what the video made me think.

I found it kind of silly. See? Still Spyro is in it! lol.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#1954 Posted: 19:09:55 31/05/2016
These kids... please don't tell me these are the Skylander boy and girl...

please :c
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1955 Posted: 19:10:15 31/05/2016
Wait! Is there a trailer for this?!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#1956 Posted: 19:12:42 31/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Wait! Is there a trailer for this?!

Just a teaser for now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Yoshicrashcart8 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#1957 Posted: 19:14:33 31/05/2016
Quote: Kevin16

I'm honestly hoping it's not, but considering how much Activision loves them, it wouldn't surprise me if it's actually them.
---
smilie smilie smilie Dark element is best element. smilie smilie smilie
#1958 Posted: 19:14:53 31/05/2016
Quote: LittleWizard
@TTD that character looks more like an Imaginator rather than a Sensei.

Yup, with the size meter at minimum. The guy is waaay too thin.

He is 100% a Sensei. It may just be the art, I imagine he will look different in game. He kinda looks like a grass Genji from Overwatch.

That's a screenshot. And he looks like a living stick, not even proportional. User created as far as I can tell.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1959 Posted: 19:16:39 31/05/2016
Quote: Bionichute
So nobody's talking about the Doomlanders and how there's gonna be another possibly large group of villains?

I mean, I dislike Kaos being the villain again, but the Doomlanders sound great as a concept.

Yes, I can't wait to see those. Maybe my dream of evil Skylanders (Outlanders) will finally come true.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#1960 Posted: 19:17:05 31/05/2016
Quote: Yoshicrashcart8

I'm honestly hoping it's not, but considering how much Activision loves them, it wouldn't surprise me if it's actually them.

In the last few shots you can see some of their faces; they are different kids, but Activision will likely give the Skykids the royal treatment again instead of a big hype-up announcement.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1961 Posted: 19:19:14 31/05/2016

It probably is, considering they're the PewDiePie of Skylanders...

Hey, speaking of which, didn't they used to come on these forums?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#1962 Posted: 19:19:19 31/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

Imaginators! That's an odd name. Anyways, "Senseis"? How interesting.

• Do you see that there's 10 elemental circles on the logo? Looks like Light and Dark finally got some more credibility.
  • 20 new Skylanders? Clearly that has to be 2 for each original element. And probably 1 for Light and Dark, and 2 new Skymiibos? Or maybe 2 for Light and Dark and no Skymiibos.
  • 11 former Villains? We already know the Golden Queen is one. Will we get The Gulper, Chompy Mage, Chef Pepper Jack, Dream Catcher, Dr. Krankase, Wolfgang, Luminous, and Nightshade too? What about Magic? Pain-Yatta? Could Kaos be the 11th?
  • No surprises about the Dark Edition. Dark Master King Pen and Dark Golden Queen no doubt.
  • There's no way there would be a Wii version. But I still have my fingers crossed for a 3DS version.

I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:26:14 31/05/2016 by SpcePirateMnky
#1963 Posted: 19:19:38 31/05/2016
So, if I'm right, here's what's happening:
*20 Skylanders
*11 Villains
*Crystals to make Skylanders.

Okay, so I'm hoping that they have a place in the game where you can store your creations, and choose what ones you want in your crystal. That way, I will only have to buy a crystal for each element. Also, do we know if there are going to be multiple different crystals per element?
---
#1964 Posted: 19:20:35 31/05/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Skydad shows up during news time, hsually to clarify stuff.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1965 Posted: 19:22:18 31/05/2016

Skydad did, and presumably still does. No way he would let his kids on here with the amount of hate.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1966 Posted: 19:22:56 31/05/2016
The most important question:

Can I make Hank the Chog?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1967 Posted: 19:22:57 31/05/2016

Skylander Dad was on these forums quite a bit, sometimes. They probably don't want to get bombarded with posts about how their YouTube channel sucks, though!

I wish some of the more obscure Skylander YouTubers like 1ofWiisdom and CoinopTV got more spotlight, though... I like their stuff. Especially, Wiisdom!
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1968 Posted: 19:24:13 31/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Skylander Dad was on these forums quite a bit, sometimes. They probably don't want to get bombarded with posts about how their YouTube channel sucks, though!

I wish some of the more obscure Skylander YouTubers like 1ofWiisdom and CoinopTV got more spotlight, though... I like their stuff. Especially, Wiisdom!

CoinOp was with Yroc and 8Bit for their secret reveal.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1969 Posted: 19:25:43 31/05/2016

Yeah, I know. I was just was sad that 1ofWiisdom isn't as popular anymore and he doesn't get invited to these events as often.
#1970 Posted: 19:26:21 31/05/2016
Wait, so is there multiple crystals per element, like there was with traps? Oh God, I hope not. Last year was a disaster with the amount of traps there were. I hope if they do one crystal per element, they have somewhere like the villain vault where you can store your creations, so you don't have to buy multiple crystals for each element.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1971 Posted: 19:26:24 31/05/2016
HOLY CRAP! I had 427 notifications! Loving the gimmick this year. Calling it now, best game so far. The figures look really nice. Funny thing is, I found out at the worst time smilie
I was in my art class, showing my friend how many Spyro games there were on the computer (because I was on it to print a picture) I showed him on this forum and all of a sudden I see the logo. People in my class kept telling me to shut up. Anyway, loving how we can create our own Characters. Really like the life character.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#1972 Posted: 19:27:57 31/05/2016
Wait, so is there multiple crystals per element, like there was with traps? Oh God, I hope not. Last year was a disaster with the amount of traps there were. I hope if they do one crystal per element, they have somewhere like the villain vault where you can store your creations, so you don't have to buy multiple crystals for each element.

Seems like just one mold per element, but again, not confirmed. Not much you can do with a huge hexagon though, it doesn't have a top like the traps.
---
#1973 Posted: 19:31:02 31/05/2016

I hope there is a place to store them too, because those Crystals are really expensive... $10 a pop is a lot of money for something that's a glorified Trap. But, knowing Acti it will probably be the same as Traps and people will scalp the hell out of them... Oh god, could you imagine VARIANT CRYSTALS WITH SPECIAL CUSTOMIZABLES? Woof! That'll be rough.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#1974 Posted: 19:31:12 31/05/2016
Alright after 4 million hours of reading I'm finally all caught up...

I like it. End of story.

I'd elaborate some more but everyone else's reactions have said what I wanted to say.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1975 Posted: 19:34:04 31/05/2016
Quote: Bionichute

I don't see how the Golden Queen is now a goodie though. She was quite the unlikable jerk in her game. I guess she was mostly about the gold and any means to get it, which could be seen as not evil per se but just very greedy, but whatever. I thought I would like using her in Trap Team, but I just didn't care for her.

But yeah, I expected Kaos to be back to his old tricks and obviously he'll have a figure too. I mean seriously, it was needed as the series took a huge hit after SuperChargers and eventually you have to give the fans what they want, which obviously was at very least a Kaos figure.

Going by that calendar, we'll get the Chompy Mage as well. The werewolf guy is obvious. Perhaps an all-star cast of returning baddies as I don't think any new ones without any canon would interest people a whole lot. So we can probably guess pretty well who'll get figures. Mesmerelda would be too awesome so I'm hoping for her the most.

Come to think of it, these are probably the "reposes" or the old characters returning for the year. Activision probably didn't think they could get away with 10 returning Skylanders, 10 new Skylanders and 10 returning/new Villains. Although it seems "ALL NEW" it's really new going by figures and not in game characters. Just a thought!

Another thought. Will they promote the math for how many figures can actually be made? It would be in the millions, I bet. Collect them all! LOL
---
Stay Cool!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1976 Posted: 19:34:52 31/05/2016

Yeah, I know. I was just was sad that 1ofWiisdom isn't as popular anymore and he doesn't get invited to these events as often.

Apparently not all of the press peeps can go to secret reveals and stuff.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1977 Posted: 19:35:12 31/05/2016
Kaos having reality warping might be a greather thrat than the Skylanders. Same that he did to her, she even points it out after being captured.
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1978 Posted: 19:38:56 31/05/2016
I love everything !

Even if it doesn't All end up being real, the revealed figures are great. Love the character bases.

Can't wait for the official reveal.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1979 Posted: 19:39:25 31/05/2016
what if they hand out a creation crystal with like a special set of mods out at like comic con or gamescom and they sell variant crystals with variant mods and they still continue the charge 9.99 for this stuff and they make chase crystals with different chase mods in them and a springtime crystal and a Halloween one and a christmas one and a valentines day one and legendary ones and a nitro one and a dark one and IT WILL NEVER END

[User Posted Image]
#1980 Posted: 19:47:29 31/05/2016
If you think about it, this could easily be the last Skylanders game. I mean, think about it...you can make your own Skylanders and give them all sorts of moves and weapons. The possibilities are endless. If they were going to end it, I could see them ending it at a point where the player can still keep playing the last game and experience something new every time.

Anyway, they say that the Doomlanders were created by Kaos the same way that Portal Masters will be able to create Skylanders. I wonder if we could recreate and play as them?

Also, I'm laughing because yesterday, I was sitting here and thinking that the gimmick was going to be interchangeable weapons. How stupid I was.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1981 Posted: 19:47:47 31/05/2016
Wait, so Kaos is the villain again?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#1982 Posted: 19:48:13 31/05/2016
Real quick post.

The non-important stuff like the name, I do NOT like, the important stuff though, I REALLY like conceptually. This pulls me in WAY harder than anything since Swap Force...and honestly, if it wasn't for the cost associated with it, this would pull me in harder than that. I am at work and haven't watched video or anything like that, but if they can go the DI route of community funded content, then they may actually get me to open up my wallet after I finally closed it mid SuperChargers. My biggest frustrations have been cost relative to gameplay, and where DI was super strong was exactly that, sure characters cost about the same, but the content was "almost" endless, and your creativity was only limited if you were...

an adult...hahaha.

I love Golden Queen, especially the VA for her, been a fan of her as an actress (Warehouse 13), but I don't like the figure. King-Pen feels like a lost oppurtunity, they should REALLy consider a name change - Pain-guin was just too perfect. Not sure how I feel about the size though. The figures take up too much room as is.
-Unreall
#1983 Posted: 19:48:59 31/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35

Yep. I'm actually happy about that. I like keeping things the same way. I mean, what's a Mario game without Bowser, a Sonic game without Eggman or a Crash game without Cortex?
---
#1984 Posted: 19:51:30 31/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35

Yep. I'm actually happy about that. I like keeping things the same way. I mean, what's a Mario game without Bowser, a Sonic game without Eggman or a Crash game without Cortex?

Yeah, true, but the way that Skylanders stories wrap up always make the next game with Kaos super weird and confusing. How did he escape from the Trap? He was too evil. Stuff like that makes the story feel... Unimportant!

The Doomlanders could be an amazing concept, though! I cannot wait for them. They could be amazing!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1985 Posted: 19:52:31 31/05/2016

No no no! These toy companies try hard to appeal to all peoples possible by assembling an impossible (in real life) cast of kids. If you have never noticed it before, toy videos for either sex must have a white male, black male, Asian girl (or a girl that could pass off as any darker skinned races out there) and sometimes an hispanic/indian type male/female or an androgynistic kid that could pass off as either sex. There were just too many kids in that video to not have them mix it up just right to appear appealing to every possible child in the world.

You know, wouldn't it be funny if they all unmask in the office like there are no security cameras to be found every 6 feet recording everything that goes on there. LOL Computers left on with no passwords to hack or anything. And they all understand how to program code to make a game that would do this all. And make it in a matter of minutes. And they'll ignore the thousand so Skylanders on the wall as surely they already own them all or they are junk because they are not OCs. Kids are way smarter than I am it seems. YAY FOR FICTION and LOGIC YAY!
---
Stay Cool!
#1986 Posted: 19:54:34 31/05/2016
Fairyland, random cynism isn't always funny, if that's what you're trying to do.

Well, at least David accounted for it this time. Kaos straight up says he's only helping you while he has no other power source.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1987 Posted: 19:54:40 31/05/2016
if there winds up being a sandbox mode- then it'll pretty much be activision pissing on DI's grave.
#1988 Posted: 19:55:22 31/05/2016

No no no! These toy companies try hard to appeal to all peoples possible by assembling an impossible (in real life) cast of kids. If you have never noticed it before, toy videos for either sex must have a white male, black male, Asian girl (or a girl that could pass off as any darker skinned races out there) and sometimes an hispanic/indian type male/female or an androgynistic kid that could pass off as either sex. There were just too many kids in that video to not have them mix it up just right to appear appealing to every possible child in the world.

You know, wouldn't it be funny if they all unmask in the office like there are no security cameras to be found every 6 feet recording everything that goes on there. LOL Computers left on with no passwords to hack or anything. And they all understand how to program code to make a game that would do this all. And make it in a matter of minutes. And they'll ignore the thousand so Skylanders on the wall as surely they already own them all or they are junk because they are not OCs. Kids are way smarter than I am it seems. YAY FOR FICTION and LOGIC YAY!

I think we got the message already, fairyland.......................

Since the game takes place in the past, I'm guessing that's the time period when Skylanders Academy takes place?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:10 31/05/2016 by Aura24
#1989 Posted: 19:55:56 31/05/2016
Fairyland, random cynism isn't always funny, if that's what you're trying to do.

Well, at least David accounted for it this time. Kaos straight up says he's only helping you while he has no other power source.

Huh, true. I guess the imagination power would be more powerful than The Darkness, since the description kind of implies that it created The Darkness.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
xboxfanuk Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#1990 Posted: 19:56:29 31/05/2016

I hope there is a place to store them too, because those Crystals are really expensive... $10 a pop is a lot of money for something that's a glorified Trap. But, knowing Acti it will probably be the same as Traps and people will scalp the hell out of them... Oh god, could you imagine VARIANT CRYSTALS WITH SPECIAL CUSTOMIZABLES? Woof! That'll be rough.

And maybe we will have another port strike and they introduce two new elements! Yay! You would hope Activision would have learned it's lesson especially given how toys to life is declining.
---
Friend me on Xbox One - GT: Xboxfanuk

Would love to co-op Superchargers.
#1991 Posted: 19:57:48 31/05/2016
Quote: Aura24

Since the game takes place in the past, I'm guessing that's the time period when Skylanders Academy takes place?

it doesnt take place in the past aura
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#1992 Posted: 19:57:57 31/05/2016
Okay, so here is a run down of the roster size to save you guys some time.

*20 Skylanders.
*11 Villains.
*10 Crystals. (That is, if there is only one per element and there is a place to store your creations.)

That makes 41 characters total. Of course there will be variants, but I'm just taking about the original roster itself.

Also, I wonder if we will get any reposes this time around, and if so, if they will be done how SuperChargers did them.

As for the villain figures, I think it will be the Doom Raiders, Painyatta, and maybe Kaos or Moneybone.
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#1993 Posted: 19:59:58 31/05/2016
Quote: Aura24

I don't think the whole game takes place in the past. I think they meant the story of the Mind Magic is from the past, but now in modern time is when Kaos has gotten ahold of it. If I recall correctly they sealed it away but it says Kaos has discovered again.
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#1994 Posted: 20:00:52 31/05/2016
Eh, sounds like Trap Team 2.0 but without Traps. And Kaos as the main villain again? I thought they were setting up a new bad guy for story purposes, but I guess not. What a missed opportunity on that part. And creating your own Skylanders seems pretty "end of series." At least there's a sub category for the sub gimmick Slylanders which makes it not so "end of series" so good job covering themselves. More weapons and armor, huh? Too much like Trap Team and Superchargers where the gimmicks of the Skylanders had weapons (TT and SC) and armor (SC). I guess the next game will have LARGER weapons and armor the size of a small house, and so on and so on for each new game since Skylanders can't get out of the weapons and armor department. Even with all my nitpicks (smilie) this sounds like a fun installment, mainly because of creating your own Skylanders. I'll buy it. But please, no more weapons and armor for future games, this is the third time in a row. And I like the new Life and Fire Senseis.
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
#1995 Posted: 20:00:56 31/05/2016
Okay, so here is a run down of the roster size to save you guys some time.

*20 Skylanders.
*11 Villains.
*10 Crystals. (That is, if there is only one per element and there is a place to store your creations.)

That makes 41 characters total. Of course there will be variants, but I'm just taking about the original roster itself.

Also, I wonder if we will get any reposes this time around, and if so, if they will be done how SuperChargers did them.

As for the villain figures, I think it will be the Doom Raiders, Painyatta, and maybe Kaos or Moneybone.

According to the leaked video, there will be no Reposes. A lot of the "Fan Favorites" will instead be NPCs throughout the story. You can still play as these characters, but they will not get reposes.
#1996 Posted: 20:01:11 31/05/2016
Mind Magic was sealed in the past, in the present Kaos finds it and does evil. Much like how the Giants were sealed away in the past.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#1997 Posted: 20:01:56 31/05/2016
Oooohh I see.
---
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#1998 Posted: 20:02:59 31/05/2016
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAME HOME FROM SCHOOL AND BOOOOOOOM!!!!!! SKYLANDERS IMAGINATORS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE THE REVEAL IS TOMORROW! CALLED IT!!!!!!!! AND MAKING YOUR OWN SKYLANDERS AND PLAYING AS THEM!!!!!!! IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#1999 Posted: 20:05:15 31/05/2016
Theory that could potentially be true, and explains why all of the villains escaped from Traptanium.

Glumshanks contacted The Darkness, who set Kaos and all the villains free, explaining why Kaos was so close with The Darkenss at the beginning of SuperChargers.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2000 Posted: 20:05:33 31/05/2016
About the things we know, I like the idea of creating your own Skylander. I'm still not 100% convinced by the Sensei gimmick Skylanders, but that's because I need to see more to know. While I'm not a fan of Villain figures, I want to see how it turns out. Hope that these two gimmicks work in a good way, because they feel totally unrelated to one-another (differently from the Traps and Trap Masters).
---
Bruh
First | Previous | Page 40 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me