darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 624 of 624
1 2 3 ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 624
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
SkylandrPurists Gold Sparx Gems: 2160
#31151 Posted: 13:03:49 06/05/2018
Quote: Chompy-King257
Well, Skylanders is dead, but I have an idea for something we could do: Skylanders Infinity War!

Pretty simple, really. Just the Infinity War characters if they were Skylanders. It's something to do, right?

Spoilers for the movie, by the way, so be careful.

Iron Man - Blast Zone
War Machine - Drobot
Hulk/Bruce Banner - Pop Fizz
Thor - Lightning Rod
Loki - Kaos
Eitri - Tri-Tip
Heimdall - Mysticat
Captain America - King-Pen
Winter Soldier - Shark Shooter Terrafin
Black Widow - Stealth Elf
Hawkeye - Flameslinger
Doctor Strange - Enigma
Spider-Man - Stink Bomb
Black Panther - Trap Shadow
Vision - Blastermind
Scarlet Witch - Hex
Falcon - Jet-Vac
Wong - Dune Bug
Star-Lord - Spyro
Gamora - Cynder
Drax the Destroyer - Eruptor
Groot - Tree Rex/Barkley
Rocket Racoon - Trigger Happy
Mantis - Deja Vu
Thanos - Malefor
Nebula - Nightfall
Red Skull - The Darkness
Okoye - Scratch
Shuri - Sprocket
M'Baku - Starcast
Ayo - Tuff Luck
Nick Fury - Eon
Maria Hill - Cali
Cull Obsidian - Cuckoo Clocker
Ebony Maw - Maskermind
Proxima Midnight - Dreamcatcher
Corvus Glave - Rage Mage

In a sort of way, I am actually doing my own take of the Marvel Cinematic Universe known as the Skylander Cinematic Universe; essentially with all existing Skylanders (plus Imaginators I will be releasing), where I travel across all 6 games and just do a bunch of stuff.

I'm mostly starting this during this years E3 and Gamescom (since from 2013 to 2016, I loved checking out this site for info on Skylanders during those conferences, and I kinda miss that).

There's even 28 blank Imaginator templates with the two parts unlocked by the Senseis to represent the people I have in my newly remastered Purists (not all confirmed).

I'm just bored, okay!
---
The Purists teamed up with Skylanders; Pokémon, Phineas and Ferb, Loud House and more aligning with the heroes of Skylands.
Quite an ambitious crossover!
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4457
#31152 Posted: 23:04:44 06/05/2018
Well, Skylanders is dead, but I have an idea for something we could do: Skylanders Infinity War!

Pretty simple, really. Just the Infinity War characters if they were Skylanders. It's something to do, right?

Spoilers for the movie, by the way, so be careful.

Iron Man - Blast Zone
War Machine - Drobot
Hulk/Bruce Banner - Pop Fizz
Thor - Lightning Rod
Loki - Kaos
Eitri - Tri-Tip
Heimdall - Mysticat
Captain America - King-Pen
Winter Soldier - Shark Shooter Terrafin
Black Widow - Stealth Elf
Hawkeye - Flameslinger
Doctor Strange - Enigma
Spider-Man - Stink Bomb
Black Panther - Trap Shadow
Vision - Blastermind
Scarlet Witch - Hex
Falcon - Jet-Vac
Wong - Dune Bug
Star-Lord - Spyro
Gamora - Cynder
Drax the Destroyer - Eruptor
Groot - Tree Rex/Barkley
Rocket Racoon - Trigger Happy
Mantis - Deja Vu
Thanos - Malefor
Nebula - Nightfall
Red Skull - The Darkness
Okoye - Scratch
Shuri - Sprocket
M'Baku - Starcast
Ayo - Tuff Luck
Nick Fury - Eon
Maria Hill - Cali
Cull Obsidian - Cuckoo Clocker
Ebony Maw - Maskermind
Proxima Midnight - Dreamcatcher
Corvus Glave - Rage Mage

oh nice.

gonna have to do one of these later
---
друг
DEAR INTERNET I BECOME MORE AND MORE IMPORTANT EVERY DAY
omer1698 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1398
#31153 Posted: 17:37:34 11/05/2018
here is a nice meme i found to light up the mood here
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1273980-not-you-tu-no
for some reason i cant post the meme here so here is a link
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:40:15 11/05/2018 by omer1698
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1241
#31154 Posted: 21:07:53 11/05/2018
LMAO, that "NOT YOU" in the middle cracked me up good. smilie (Also, hi everybody! Long time no see. Been lurking, prepping for Baby McMurderpup to arrive this summer.)
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3471
#31155 Posted: 03:15:28 12/05/2018
To be fair to Zapnorris, Superchargers was pretty godawful.
Chompy-King257 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#31156 Posted: 15:54:23 12/05/2018
I honestly never really got why people hated SuperChargers so much. It's honestly one of the games I replay to the most. I feel like it had a lot of good things - such as a small roster and a great story with some real depth to it. I also really liked the Racing Mode.
---
"Today sucks, but tomorrow might not. Only one way to find out - be there."
I write short horror stories. Message me if you're interested.
Halvmorke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1146
#31157 Posted: 16:08:12 12/05/2018
****... talking about SC... again?

You know what I think? The only thing more dead than Skylanders is this ****ty community. There're tons of things we could discuss about Imaginators and even past games and practically no one is saying a thing after the news stopped coming. There isn't even a proper thread about Imaginators guide and combinations. But oh yeah, to talk about how much SC sucked again there is always time.

You people are absolutely tiring and the only reason the activity in this forum is dying.
---
Halvmorke's Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:10:02 12/05/2018 by Halvmorke
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1434
#31158 Posted: 19:02:25 12/05/2018
I can't disagree
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spy...hp?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#31159 Posted: 20:49:26 12/05/2018
Quote: omer1698

holy **** i made that
---
друг
omer1698 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1398
#31160 Posted: 12:14:50 13/05/2018
Quote: ZapNorris

holy **** i made that

really? so you are SuperSm4shWarrior?
well you made a nice meme.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:15:25 13/05/2018 by omer1698
#31161 Posted: 18:09:28 13/05/2018
Quote: ZapNorris

holy **** i made that

really? so you are SuperSm4shWarrior?
well you made a nice meme.

i'm not that user, but i made the image he/she reposted.

so this is how it feels to have your meme stolen..
---
друг
#31162 Posted: 20:11:54 13/05/2018
Quote: Halvmorke

You know what I think? The only thing more dead than Skylanders is this ****ty community. There're tons of things we could discuss about Imaginators and even past games and practically no one is saying a thing after the news stopped coming. There isn't even a proper thread about Imaginators guide and combinations. But oh yeah, to talk about how much SC sucked again there is always time.

You people are absolutely tiring and the only reason the activity in this forum is dying.

Well, sh**. Someone sure can't take an opinion.
#31163 Posted: 23:34:33 13/05/2018
Quote: Swap Force Fan

There's an opinion and then there's getting into a Discord argument about how Superchargers is objectively the worst thing in the universe or whatever
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spy...hp?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Chompy-King257 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#31164 Posted: 23:48:56 13/05/2018

To be fair, there are some who declare their opinion about it like it's fact - basically a "you're stupid if you like this because I think it's bad" approach.
---
"Today sucks, but tomorrow might not. Only one way to find out - be there."
I write short horror stories. Message me if you're interested.
#31165 Posted: 23:27:50 15/05/2018

To be fair, there are some who declare their opinion about it like it's fact - basically a "you're stupid if you like this because I think it's bad" approach.

You have a point.
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4066
#31166 Posted: 23:30:39 15/05/2018

You have a point.

And that's how Zap has been recently.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#31167 Posted: 21:11:14 16/05/2018
I think a lot of tension is just rising on the forum because everyone is realizing that this series is coming to an end, and that is a pretty painful thought for people, such as myself, who have been fans since Spyro's Adventure, Giants, etc. I know forums can typically survive for years beyond the end of a series, but I'm just saying that this time period, in particular, is a pretty dreary one for a lot of fans. I've gotta say, some of the best memories of my life come from smilie alone. smilie
zookinator Emerald Sparx Gems: 3693
#31168 Posted: 03:00:05 17/05/2018
I'm sure I could spark some discussion if I actually get around to replaying the old games and doing my in-depth reviews. It was thanks to these rather drastic opinions that I wanted to do these reviews. Especially for Superchargers. It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and I think it's a whole lot better than Imaginators. But I'll save that for my (eventual) reviews.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3404
#31169 Posted: 11:25:25 18/05/2018
In other news...

Check your local TRU for Patina Burn Cycles.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#31170 Posted: 16:33:24 19/05/2018
Oh, huh, yesterday afternoon I had a dream Skylanders 7 was getting made somehow, but it only just occurred to me that was a dream right now because it slipped my mind. smilie I didn't see any new characters, though it was confirmed there would be 20-something, I think it was actually advertised with the older ones. Which honestly I thought was kinda cool. It didn't really get my attention or change my mind on leaving the franchise behind though, it was primarily ehhhyeh hey it's another modern game and I'm so done with current consoles and I know I don't want to buy more figures or keep thinking back to legacy stuff that was dumped over the years...

But, I admit, it has made me think of this series and part of me still misses it... And seeing it coexist with Spyro in a dream was great and something that I believe will not happen. Honestly, I would've rather seen Skylanders continue if the games could still be good and it had to be one or the other. Spyro remakes are not new games to me (and I dunno if I'll even get them, probably not if they don't come to PC), I know it'll spark newer games but that'll be a while and I honestly don't care for Spyro as a franchise as much or think it can add as much with each game (I got attached to so many Skylanders through playing them, Spyro couldn't have something really on the same level, really just refine level design and try more minigame gimmicks). Also that fandom is **** to even lurk, way worse than this fandom got, when the fandom was part of what turned me off Skylanders. When people say the Sonic fandom is one of the worst... Jesus, that's an outdated notion. Sonic fans are way more constructive and accepting of change without automatically ****ting on people who prefer older eras or games nor as hype-driven, not to mention way more self-awareness and quality fan projects.
I digress, nothing to really fill the Skylanders void for me besides replaying the first game (I can't play the later ones because I packed away a few consoles, besides Giants, which isn't that great imo) and it's kinda depressing considering some of the influence they used to have on me. I say "kinda" just because more games wouldn't help me in my current state though, I'm at the lowest point in my life, after all this. Tbh I wish we kept getting a couple decent games without newer figures I'd feel obligated to buy/overwhelmed by/that would make balance even more unfocused, I think I would enjoy more levels, kinda tired of replaying SA and I haven't even played it much in a few months. Also I'm tired of Pokemon just adding MORE STUFF and leaving stuff unrefined/dumped and in retrospect Skylanders started reaching that point for me too (at least villains got remade into something for newer games and the racing was still there?). I wish we could have gotten a game that recaptured the narrative magic, aesthetic and purer level design of SA all in one, every game since has fallen pretty short on the former two (besides Giants with the aesthetic, though it's still much more asset-reusal heavy and it's glaring how limited that makes it by comparison), while adding future things like more modes, quests, higher level caps, characters and difficulty settings. I never expected it to happen anyway so I can't be that cut though.

Why could a modding scene beyond messing with figure data never be born for this series man. I have so many ideas for SA mods and more than a few level maps drafted but I never wanted to use them for anything else. Imagine if the newer games with their fighting mechanics and characters could be modded and tinkered with or we could have more levels and heroic-type things to do with newer characters. But aye, that's what happens when it's a franchise geared at kids that general populous has demonised before. And it's under Activision's wing as well. I hope if the Spyro remakes come to PC they get some fun mods because that might get my interest, who knows though, I guess at least since Crash is then I can hope someone will make a mod to improve the core mechanics. I still wouldn't buy that when the aesthetics are such a big point to me though and I digress again.

I have nobody to share this with, so Simpspost.

Quote: Bionichute
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I honestly feel like that the next Skylanders game (The one cancelled at VV) would have been the one we've all wanted.

hell no

Because truly no one can evolve from their previous games. Remember how N. Sane Trilogy was SO terrible, and totally killed the chances for a new Crash game?

ooh wait

Doesn't mean it's good because it's popular though, and if it were an odd thing I would agree (I was iffy towards VV after SC... I won't deny I had kneejerk reactions but didn't write them off purely because of it, I knew that was just one game), but my overall point was VV doesn't have that great of track record despite plenty of opportunity to learn and make great games. Seriously, why do people bring up their legacy and the studio as if they're that impressive. That and I'll admit that with what I've lived through (won't go into details) I'm predispositioned to expecting people and things not to change, and truly believe I see little change, I'm a pessimist.

NST definitely brought Crash back into the spotlight but it doesn't mean it was good. It's really bad on some objective marks and has a lot of problems beyond just "niggles" or "missed something from the original". I know a lot of people loved it and I'm not trying to say everyone is wrong or worse but popular opinion is not very intelligent and NST bringing back a beloved mascot means people did overlook a lot of large issues with it and praise it more than they would otherwise. But, while it bothers me to some extent, I get that and have no issue with someone who does it as long as they aren't shutting down other opinions.
What's really **** is how when most people try to bring up issues with it no matter how they say it (and I'm not talking about mine, because I know I write angrily- I've seen this with people who write way better than me and are way fairer to the game), and if you say you dislike it, a lot of people will just defend it and comeback directly to you because so many people don't have issues with things like the controls or aesthetics (even though plenty of people have issues with them too, and are worth hearing out) or call you a nostalgia***. Thanks for being another one of those people, missing so much of the point I was trying to make then replying with no interesting points and just cherrypicking out SC and NST. Either way this is getting really off-topic, and I hate NST as much as SC so I don't really want to talk about it further anyway... I've said everything I can say about it somewhere before, really, look in Video Gaming if you want my bigger personal rant on it I guess.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:32:27 19/05/2018 by Drawdler
SkyFan91 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#31171 Posted: 17:55:52 19/05/2018
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=127451&post=6350642]Drawdler[/url]]Oh, huh, yesterday afternoon I had a dream Skylanders 7 was getting made somehow, but it only just occurred to me that was a dream right now because it slipped my mind. smilie I didn't see any new characters, though it was confirmed there would be 20-something, I think it was actually advertised with the older ones. Which honestly I thought was kinda cool. It didn't really get my attention or change my mind on leaving the franchise behind though, it was primarily ehhhyeh hey it's another modern game and I'm so done with current consoles and I know I don't want to buy more figures or keep thinking back to legacy stuff that was dumped over the years...

I have nobody to share this with, so [url=https://youtu.be/UIMBMN4w84Q]Simpspost[/url].

[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=127451&post=6340770]Bionichute[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=127451&post=6340524]Drawdler[/url]]

[url=https://pastebin.com/00L7UEJH]hell no[/url][/quote]

Because truly no one can evolve from their previous games. Remember how N. Sane Trilogy was SO terrible, and totally killed the chances for a new Crash game?

ooh wait[/quote]

Doesn't mean it's good because it's popular though, and if it were an odd thing I would agree (I was iffy towards VV after SC... I won't deny I had kneejerk reactions but didn't write them off purely because of it, I knew that was just one game), but my overall point was VV doesn't have that great of track record despite [i]plenty of opportunity to learn and make great games[/i]. Seriously, why do people bring up their legacy and the studio as if they're that impressive. That and I'll admit that with what I've lived through (won't go into details) I'm predispositioned to expecting people and things not to change, and truly believe I see little change, I'm a pessimist.

NST definitely brought Crash back into the spotlight but it doesn't mean it was good. It's [i]really bad[/i] on some objective marks and has a lot of problems beyond just "niggles" or "missed something from the original". I know a lot of people loved it and I'm not trying to say everyone is wrong or worse but popular opinion is not very intelligent and NST bringing back a beloved mascot means people did overlook a lot of large issues with it and praise it more than they would otherwise. But, while it bothers me to some extent, I get that and have no issue with someone who does it as long as they aren't shutting down other opinions.
What's really **** is how when most people try to bring up issues with it no matter how they say it (and I'm not talking about mine, because I know I write angrily- I've seen this with people who write way better than me and are way fairer to the game), and if you say you dislike it, a lot of people will just defend it and comeback directly to you because so many people don't have issues with things like the controls or aesthetics (even though plenty of people have issues with them too, and are worth hearing out) or call you a nostalgia***. Thanks for being another one of those people, missing so much of the point I was trying to make then replying with no interesting points and just cherrypicking out SC and NST. Either way this is getting really off-topic, and I hate NST as much as SC so I don't really want to talk about it further anyway... I've said everything I can say about it somewhere before, really, look in Video Gaming if you want my bigger personal rant on it I guess.[/quote]

Definately agree with what you said about Nsane and the people who blindly defend it. Earlier this week I finally sold the game since I was done with owning a game that doesn't even have its development complete. I tweeted out that I sold the game. That was it just said I sold it and that was it. And man the hate I got from Crash fans was beyond baffling.

Now for VV? My view on the studio is completely different. Still have massive respect for them for SC and SF, but they just aren't gonna be the same now. With the future that's layed out for VV, this is the beginning of the end of the studio. Yeah there's that rumour of a new Crash game next year, but if that game fails then a huge lay off is bound to happen. The team is already putting their main focus into the Destiny IP (not to mention that they're completely themeing the studio as Destiny).

I just done want them to suffer the same fate Radical Entertanment did years ago but I just don't see a good aftermath from this.

If VV dies, they'll live on through memory. Sorry for sounding this negative or pessimistic, but this situation has happened in the gaming industry way too many times.

At least TFB are banking with Spyro and a new IP on the way though.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3404
#31172 Posted: 19:32:43 20/05/2018
Quote: Portal___Master
In other news...

Check your local TRU for Patina Burn Cycles.

Since they're popping up at local TRUs, they're being flooded on eBay and other sites!

Happy hunting!
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#31173 Posted: 20:25:46 20/05/2018
i mean sorry for being wrong on everything drawdler
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#31174 Posted: 21:35:46 22/05/2018
as per new semi-mocking meme i'm tempted to draw some calarts skylanders lmaooo
---
друг
First | Previous | Page 624 of 624
1 2 3 ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 624

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me