darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 42 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#2051 Posted: 21:09:57 31/05/2016
Gill Grunt will surely get a level all to himself, right? Like the Jet-Vac level where he's the story teller or however it was that TASS mentioned?

How awesome would it be if your water Skylanders could swim and do all that cool stuff that they used to do in the very old games? The old Gill was cool back then!
---
Stay Cool!
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#2052 Posted: 21:10:21 31/05/2016
Im pretty sure it's safe to assume that last villain is Kaos, Luminous. Ha. Funny.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2053 Posted: 21:10:58 31/05/2016
I love the bases of the Senseis and how the are so simplistic.

Also, my bets on the villains are that we'll get all of the Doom Raiders, and then Kaos in the Dark Edition pack. Either that or Moneybone. Also, for the Magic, I think we'll get Painyatta. He's a fan favorite, and he's the closest to a Doom Raider the Magic has. Heck, he had a whole comic story about him trying to take over Skylands with a pinata army!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:46 31/05/2016 by Chompy-King257
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#2054 Posted: 21:11:50 31/05/2016
I wish they'd just go back to the old bases; color coding made it super easy to sort them out, and the bases just looked plain cool.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#2055 Posted: 21:13:19 31/05/2016
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Portal___Master
Ehh, not a fan of these SI bases either, SSC seemed to start the trend of non uniform bases, and SI continues with it.
SSF had the same type of bases the Cores had, just a little wider, which was fine uniformity-wise imo.

Same for Trap Masters.

Maaaaaaybe they still have colored bases at least, but they are hidden under the new pedestals.
Hope the packaging will give away the titular color for this entry.

Speaking of packaging, I noticed a couple things:

- the Imaginator on the box is holding a sword very similar to Ninjini's upgraded wish-blades.
Could this hint at the possibility of older Skylanders unlocking special parts for the creation mode?

- all the depicted Senseis appear to have at least a piece of black and golden armor (this will hurt my eyes when I'll place the Unded Senseis next to Krypt King), even the Life one which looks like would be fine even without it, so I guess it's safe to say this will be a feature all the new Skylanders will have.

Ahh yes STT Trap Masters had those larger uniformed bases too, very nice.
Love your idea of the older SkyLanders unlocking special items for creation mode, that right there would be an awesome way to reward collectors smilie and also get people to buy the stores' old stock of Sky Guys. (i'm looking at you ToysRUs, and your mountains of SSA figures and so on.)
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
PainterRex Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#2056 Posted: 21:14:16 31/05/2016
I like that the bases are solid and ornamented now, they make the figures look more like statues now! Although, TrapShadowFan I agree I miss the originals!
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#2057 Posted: 21:14:34 31/05/2016
Next thing you know, Skykids are gonna make a Gill Grunt Rap because he didn't get a repose in this game.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2058 Posted: 21:14:56 31/05/2016
I feel like most of the Senseis besides King Pen have a very Warcraft/LOL aesthetic to them. At first I was kinda meh about it, now I super dig it! I can't wait to see what that Life Sensei is like.

Quote: LittleWizard
Next thing you know, Skykids are gonna make a Gill Grunt Rap because he didn't get a repose in this game.

Ugh... Thanks for reminding me that I bought some of those. What a regrettable purchase!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:28 31/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2059 Posted: 21:16:27 31/05/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I wish they'd just go back to the old bases; color coding made it super easy to sort them out, and the bases just looked plain cool.

Agree.

Apparently now Activision wants each new entry to have a very distinct and unique feel and personality, starting from these side features.

I only hope this won't make them forget the series identity.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#2060 Posted: 21:16:57 31/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
I feel like most of the Senseis besides King Pen have a very Warcraft/LOL aesthetic to them. At first I was kinda meh about it, now I super dig it! I can't wait to see what that Life Sensei is like.

I completely agree! It definitely looks like they are going in a slightly darker, more detailed, way with their figures. Perhaps this will continue to the game itself?
#2061 Posted: 21:18:13 31/05/2016
I'm too hyped for this. I mean, I'm sweating just thinking about it. I've always wanted to have the power to make Skylanders, but I never thought it would be possibly. I guess it is now.
---
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#2062 Posted: 21:18:30 31/05/2016
It just hit me that there will be reposes. Here comes a new gill grunt.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2063 Posted: 21:20:23 31/05/2016
Quote: skylandsfan

it was confirmed no reposes
#2064 Posted: 21:21:25 31/05/2016

There won't. It's been confirmed there won't.

Also, I seriously want one time-themed Tech Doomlander to be sent out by Kaos to steal your crystals. Before you fight him, I want him to say: You're on my time, you foolish Skylanders! GIVE ME THE CRYSTALS!

If you know what I'm referencing here, then you are great.
---
#2065 Posted: 21:21:27 31/05/2016

I thought they kind of confirmed no reposes?
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#2066 Posted: 21:22:13 31/05/2016
Quote:
Returning Core Characters - Skylanders Imaginators also will feature fan-favorite characters who make an appearance in both the storyline of the game - and the upcoming Skylanders Academy television series!

I could have misread.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#2067 Posted: 21:25:53 31/05/2016
So wait, are they getting reposed or not? I'm kind of lost now.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#2068 Posted: 21:27:42 31/05/2016
I have a question. Who hinted towards this game? As far as I'm concerned, none of the characters from Superchargers did...
"Deep Dive Gill Grunt of the Gill Grunt element is stronger in this zone"
Ok I'll stop now.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#2069 Posted: 21:29:23 31/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

I'm still under the belief that the "reposes" are the villain figures. Although they never had figures, it's not like they are new characters either. Seems a bit re-posy to me even though it's not. I'm probably not making sense, right?

But nope, all new characters. The "best" ones will be in the game as NPC and it seems that they'll have entire levels in their theme. I guess a very strong elemental themed level for 10 Skylanders with a dash of other characters of their own race scattered around. (Hmm...perhaps we'll see a Splat or Stealth Elf themed one?)
---
Stay Cool!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2070 Posted: 21:29:43 31/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35
I have a question. Who hinted towards this game? As far as I'm concerned, none of the characters from Superchargers did...
Ok I'll stop now.

Maybe Splat cause she paints!
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2071 Posted: 21:29:45 31/05/2016

Also, I seriously want one time-themed Tech Doomlander to be sent out by Kaos to steal your crystals. Before you fight him, I want him to say: You're on my time, you foolish Skylanders! GIVE ME THE CRYSTALS!

If you know what I'm referencing here, then you are great.

Now you're really getting on my time
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2072 Posted: 21:29:53 31/05/2016
And now, a fitting meme.

[User Posted Image]

Anyway, I think Splat could have hinted this. You know, creativity and breaking the boundaries?
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#2073 Posted: 21:30:00 31/05/2016
Quote:
Returning Core Characters - Skylanders Imaginators also will feature fan-favorite characters who make an appearance in both the storyline of the game - and the upcoming Skylanders Academy television series!

I could have misread.

That means the "Fan-Favorites" will be NPCs in the game storyline
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#2074 Posted: 21:31:10 31/05/2016
Ok I'll stop now.

I think High Volt hinted at Senseis and both Splat and the mods at the customization.

Gill Grunt hinted at his own demise, because you can't recover that easily from such an embarassing outfit after just a year and pretend it never happened.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:37 31/05/2016 by Drek95
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#2075 Posted: 21:32:11 31/05/2016
Smash hit has interchangeable weapons, I guess?

Also I don't know what to think about no 3DS version. They were pretty fun (except maybe TT), but then again, I have other options on what to get for my birthday.
---
Soon.
#2076 Posted: 21:32:45 31/05/2016
Ok I'll stop now.

I think High Volt hinted at Senseis and both Splat and the mods to the customization.

Gill Grunt hinted at his own demise, because you can't recover that easily from such an embarassing outfit after just a year and pretend it never happened.

I think he made up for that outfit with his electric-powered trident, though I liked his outfit.
---
#2077 Posted: 21:33:20 31/05/2016
High Volt or Spitfire for me. I feel like hes very... Sensei-ish.
---
#2078 Posted: 21:34:19 31/05/2016
And now, a fitting meme.

[User Posted Image]

Anyway, I think Splat could have hinted this. You know, creativity and breaking the boundaries?

beat you to it

Quote: ZapNorris
when you thought the embargo ended today and you post the video but it actually ends tomorrow

[User Posted Image]
#2079 Posted: 21:35:42 31/05/2016
Ok I'll stop now.

I think High Volt hinted at Senseis and both Splat and the mods to the customization.

I think he made up for that outfit with his electric-powered trident, though I liked his outfit.

Then maybe he hinted at the removal of reposes alltogether.
You can't give Stealth Elf a machine gun and keep her catchphrase the same.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2080 Posted: 21:35:45 31/05/2016
Oh yeah, Splat probably hinted to it. The Villain Trophy's hinted towards Villains, Splat hinted to us creating our own Skylanders and High Volt/Spitfire hinted towards Sensei's.
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#2081 Posted: 21:37:09 31/05/2016
In all fairness to the TAGG, this could have happened to anyone, where he meant to set a video to be uploaded tomorrow, but accidentally messed up the dates, or meant to set it to provate and forgot.
Don't judge him, it could've been anyone.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#2082 Posted: 21:37:12 31/05/2016

Then maybe he hinted at the removal of reposes alltogether.
You can't give Stealth Elf a machine gun and keep her catchphrase the same.

they kept it because "PEWPEWPEW YAK YAK YAK YAK *reloading noise* and deadly!" didn't really click.
#2083 Posted: 21:42:42 31/05/2016
I think my problem with the character customization, aside from the obvious "it doesn't look complex to do anything with" complaint, is that its the first Skylanders gimmick that feels ignorable. Unless there's something that only the custom characters can do, I probably won't use them at all.

It actually reminds me of the very underdeveloped LEGO custom characters.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#2084 Posted: 21:42:43 31/05/2016
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
In all fairness to the TAGG, this could have happened to anyone, where he meant to set a video to be uploaded tomorrow, but accidentally messed up the dates, or meant to set it to provate and forgot.
Don't judge him, it could've been anyone.

You don't "forget" when it's an option there and you have usually a few hours(being a big video) to notice while it uploads. You can forget descriptions or tags but that's an error that with a contract you should quadruple check.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2085 Posted: 21:43:24 31/05/2016
"Loud and Deadly!" would have worked well as an opposite catchphrase to her original one, or they could have even created a completely new one.

Anything without the work "silent" in it.

But enough talking about SuperChargers, let's get back to the new game! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2086 Posted: 21:44:14 31/05/2016
My dad said it was possible for him to get sued.... But would they really? ONE day before reveal?
---
#2087 Posted: 21:45:28 31/05/2016
I've got a bad feeling TAGG is gonna have a bad time with activision.
#2088 Posted: 21:46:26 31/05/2016
I liked how Splat was in the selection screen for some character option. Has she been bumped up to NPC assist status like Persephone? Perhaps so! How awesome would it be if all the Skylanders were found in game as NPC and has a line or two of dialog? That would totally shock and amaze me!

Anyway, there was some strange new character there also that looked female that I was curious about. It leads to the elemental something section. She seems like a cloud girl perhaps? Either way, I am pretty certain we had never seen that character before. I doubt she's a figure, but with Splat also there, who knows?
---
Stay Cool!
#2089 Posted: 21:50:37 31/05/2016
Quote: Bionichute
I think my problem with the character customization, aside from the obvious "it doesn't look complex to do anything with" complaint, is that its the first Skylanders gimmick that feels ignorable. Unless there's something that only the custom characters can do, I probably won't use them at all.

It actually reminds me of the very underdeveloped LEGO custom characters.

I think the possibility to play with a character you came up with is what they already consider a motivation.

But you are right, it's completely skippable, not too different from traps.
I think I'll experiment with the Fire Creation Crystal for a while, before buying more: I might skip the others if it's only a matter of Elemental allignement.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2090 Posted: 21:51:50 31/05/2016
My dad said it was possible for him to get sued.... But would they really? ONE day before reveal?

I doubt they will sue him since it was clearly a mistake. I don't see him being invited to anymore press events though. Even non-Activision events.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3419
#2091 Posted: 21:54:22 31/05/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
I think the next game will be Skylanders 7: Gill Grunt Edition

(alright I'll go jump off a bridge now bye)

Calling it now: there will be zones that only Gill Grunt can enter.

Quote: yelvy
'You need a Gill Grunt of the Gill Grunt element to enter this zone'.

"Only Gill Grunt is strong in this zone"

"Skylanders of the Wat- I mean Gill Grunt element are stronger in this zone"

Quote: Crash10
Gill Grunt will have a Giant, Swap Force, Trap Master and Sensei version to compensate his lack of repose.

And he will be the villain.

And only he can open certain zones.

The water element will just become the Gill Grunt element.

Quote: DeadPortal
I'm still wondering who that 11th villain is...

It's Gill.

Also, I don't care what Acti says, the gimmicklanders aren't "senseis", they're SENPAI's. SENPAI PAIN-GUIN

Really? An all Gill Grunt game? That's almost as old of a troll gag as Skylanders Goats is.
Also, Gill Grunt being the villain? What's he gonna do? Flood the Skylands?

Ehhhh...never mind, stupid question.
---
My Magical Marauders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:35 31/05/2016 by SkylandrPurists
#2092 Posted: 21:55:22 31/05/2016
I think sadly the creation crystal's will be in waves...
But I think in wave one we have the Fire one, Water, Earth and Life. The obvious elements.
---
#2093 Posted: 21:55:31 31/05/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists
I think the next game will be Skylanders 7: Gill Grunt Edition

(alright I'll go jump off a bridge now bye)

Calling it now: there will be zones that only Gill Grunt can enter.

Quote: yelvy
'You need a Gill Grunt of the Gill Grunt element to enter this zone'.

"Only Gill Grunt is strong in this zone"

"Skylanders of the Wat- I mean Gill Grunt element are stronger in this zone"

Quote: Crash10
Gill Grunt will have a Giant, Swap Force, Trap Master and Sensei version to compensate his lack of repose.

And he will be the villain.

And only he can open certain zones.

The water element will just become the Gill Grunt element.

Quote: DeadPortal
I'm still wondering who that 11th villain is...

It's Gill.

Also, I don't care what Acti says, the gimmicklanders aren't "senseis", they're SENPAI's. SENPAI PAIN-GUIN

Really? An all Gill Grunt game? That's almost as old of a troll gag as Skylanders Goats is.

gill grunt is a never dying meme that you must accept into your life

let him in
#2094 Posted: 21:55:47 31/05/2016
Quote: fairyland
I liked how Splat was in the selection screen for some character option. Has she been bumped up to NPC assist status like Persephone? Perhaps so! How awesome would it be if all the Skylanders were found in game as NPC and has a line or two of dialog? That would totally shock and amaze me!

Anyway, there was some strange new character there also that looked female that I was curious about. It leads to the elemental something section. She seems like a cloud girl perhaps? Either way, I am pretty certain we had never seen that character before. I doubt she's a figure, but with Splat also there, who knows?

You're grasping at straws now. Skylanders have been icons in selection screens before, it's probably because she represents the body color selection. The Paintbrush icon from the vehicle props thing probably was added too late for them to even know it existed.
---
#2095 Posted: 21:57:14 31/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: fairyland

You're grasping at straws now. Skylanders have been icons in selection screens before, it's probably because she represents the body color selection. The Paintbrush icon from the vehicle props thing probably was added too late for them to even know it existed.

yep. splat is for color, brock is for strength... splat's just there for funnies.
#2096 Posted: 21:58:24 31/05/2016
Im pretty sure there's a Splat head option.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#2097 Posted: 22:02:26 31/05/2016
What are you talking about? What head option? What Cloud character?
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3766
#2098 Posted: 22:04:19 31/05/2016
Is anyone else a bit worried light and dark might get shafted? Considering there now in the logo they probably won't but still it wouldn't surprise me.
---
Hahahahaha
#2099 Posted: 22:05:31 31/05/2016
I'm sure they might add maybe 1 extra Light and Dark character?
I just noticed that this thread went from 31 pages this morning to 42 ~o-o~
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:43 31/05/2016 by Luminous35
#2100 Posted: 22:06:42 31/05/2016
Quote: GaiaMemories
Is anyone else a bit worried light and dark might get shafted? Considering there now in the logo they probably won't but still it wouldn't surprise me.

20 characters and 11 villains pretty obviously means 3 Light and 3 Dark. Unless we have guest stars taking their spots again.
---
First | Previous | Page 42 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me