Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
McDonalds Toys - SuperChargers [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#51 Posted: 15:20:35 13/03/2016
Quote: Kevin16
I already have Spitfire and Stealth Elf cards from the Starter pack, its just annoying how when anything has a free battlecast card its stealth elf, is battlecast even in development? or is it cancelled.

They're probably the most common cards you can get(everyone playing the NZ/Sweden/Italy versions seems to roll a Spitfire or duplicates of SE's spells eventually), so it's not a big loss to stick them everywhere.
It's still in development. Base game is done-ish but way glitchy, lacking many phone compatibility options, and the cards appear and disappear from store preorders every other week. No idea what's going on, but if the Sr Producer had to help around in the Battlecast board(just scroll down), I'd guess understaffed development - but don't quote me on it, you know what they say when you assume.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:22:05 13/03/2016 by Bifrost
skylanderaddik Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#52 Posted: 00:34:32 17/03/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: skylanderaddik
Oh my gosh these look horrible! I will get them because I have the other sets, but man they missed the mark with these.

Well, what did you expect?

They're happy meal toys, they're not exactly known for their quality.

Guess you are right, but they at least could have gotten the color scheme right.
---
Check out my sites: skylanderaddictsblog.com, facebook.com/skylanderaddicts, twitter.com/skylanderaddict, instagram@skylanderaddicts
Flaccid Hot Dog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3374
#53 Posted: 14:26:50 25/03/2016
Just got back...

Are these toys at U.S. McDs now, or am I too late?

Sorry in advance if I am speaking out of turn.
#54 Posted: 14:32:38 25/03/2016
Doesn't seem like it, all unboxing videos that show up are from Europe.
---
Flaccid Hot Dog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3374
#55 Posted: 14:37:10 25/03/2016
Thanks, Bifrost.
Mac Yellow Sparx Gems: 1964
#56 Posted: 22:38:24 10/05/2016
Angry birds just came out today, Skylanders are next!
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#57 Posted: 23:06:51 11/05/2016
nice are they the racers or something else
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#58 Posted: 09:40:15 12/05/2016
Quote: Skylanders fan

They're presumably the same ones released in other countries months ago:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=127163

I was wondering when they were going to come to the states. I was hoping it was before my son's birthday so we could use the $10 coupon that typically comes with them on getting him the starter pack, but I guess they usually are released during the summer. We picked up the dark starter for $30 (pricematching Amazon). Getting it for $20 would have been awesome. Hopefully, there will be a $1 coupon or so for the figures and there will be some good sales. We usually have all that we want by the time these get released, so the coupons get thrown away. But we just got him Superchargers (after investing in Lego Dimensions instead). We aren't going to buy as much. My wife agreed to let him get one more vehicle (since he got the sea and land vehicle with the starter pack), but that's it. But if the price is right, we may still pick up a couple more. If anything, I'd like to get Nightfall to go with the Sea Shadow. I also picked up Pop Fizz and Splat from Bargain Hunt for $3, but I'm not sure if I care to pick up the vehicles to go with them. I was just going to get Splat since I didn't care for another Pop Fizz, but for $3, I figured, "why not?"
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#59 Posted: 10:14:17 12/05/2016
It looks like they are not all the same. Well, it looks like we are not getting them all. If you look at http://www.happymeal.com and scroll down to the bottom where it shows the next happy meal toys, there are only 6 Skylanders shown, not 8. No Stealth Elf in the copter and no Splat.

Quote: obidawsn
Quote: Skylanders fan

They're presumably the same ones released in other countries months ago:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=127163

I was wondering when they were going to come to the states. I was hoping it was before my son's birthday so we could use the $10 coupon that typically comes with them on getting him the starter pack, but I guess they usually are released during the summer. We picked up the dark starter for $30 (pricematching Amazon). Getting it for $20 would have been awesome. Hopefully, there will be a $1 coupon or so for the figures and there will be some good sales. We usually have all that we want by the time these get released, so the coupons get thrown away. But we just got him Superchargers (after investing in Lego Dimensions instead). We aren't going to buy as much. My wife agreed to let him get one more vehicle (since he got the sea and land vehicle with the starter pack), but that's it. But if the price is right, we may still pick up a couple more. If anything, I'd like to get Nightfall to go with the Sea Shadow. I also picked up Pop Fizz and Splat from Bargain Hunt for $3, but I'm not sure if I care to pick up the vehicles to go with them. I was just going to get Splat since I didn't care for another Pop Fizz, but for $3, I figured, "why not?"
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#60 Posted: 11:20:41 12/05/2016
What?! No Stealth Elf or Splat? Splat is the one I really wanted too. Dang, I hate to try to import one from Italy with the high shipping costs these days.
---
Stay Cool!
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#61 Posted: 13:48:46 12/05/2016 | Topic Creator
U.S
Missing Splatter Splasher + Splat and Super Shot Stealth Elf + Stealth Stinger
[User Posted Image]

AUSTRALIA
Missing Splatter Splasher + Splat and Bone Bash Roller Brawl + Dune Buggy
[User Posted Image]
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:55:33 12/05/2016 by SilverWolf2308
#62 Posted: 14:08:57 12/05/2016
Splat gets zero love despite being the best and most accurate looking toy, wow.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#63 Posted: 14:31:44 12/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Hey! Isn't that ironic?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#64 Posted: 03:41:00 13/05/2016
Splat is too pink and girly to be chosen as a boys' happy meal toy.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#65 Posted: 08:34:50 13/05/2016

But of course that green monstrosity which apparently should represent Stealth Stinger made it into the poster!
Don't know why I'm not surprised about that...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#66 Posted: 09:53:30 13/05/2016
Quote: Muffin Man

What about Tomb Buggy? Someone thought bones have such a lovely shade of hot pink.
---
#67 Posted: 02:05:01 14/05/2016 | Topic Creator

What about Tomb Buggy? Someone thought bones have such a lovely shade of hot pink.

Since when are Happy Meal toys too "girly". You're making it sound like the Skylanders are the boys toys and that girls should only get the "girl" toys. Most of the times McDonalds have two different toys to choose from is because kids aren't into the first toy but may like the second toy more. Not because they are "Girls and Boys" toys. As I kid I always got what the checkout person said was "Boys" toy. I preferred playing with Hot Wheels Cars rather cheap polly pocket dolls.

Bones look nice in Hot Pink LMAO! Haha Who thought that they looked better than Grey, Black or Blue haha
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#68 Posted: 03:02:06 14/05/2016

Looks more purple to me. Plus the fact that it's made of bones probably made them consider it a better candidate for a boys toy. Whereas Splat is basically "Lisa Frank the Skylander".

Edit: Never mind, it looks like we might be getting Splat after all.

[User Posted Image]

Quote: SilverWolf2308
Since when are Happy Meal toys too "girly". You're making it sound like the Skylanders are the boys toys and that girls should only get the "girl" toys. Most of the times McDonalds have two different toys to choose from is because kids aren't into the first toy but may like the second toy more. Not because they are "Girls and Boys" toys. As I kid I always got what the checkout person said was "Boys" toy. I preferred playing with Hot Wheels Cars rather cheap polly pocket dolls.

Bones look nice in Hot Pink LMAO! Haha Who thought that they looked better than Grey, Black or Blue haha

Happy meal toys (and most toys in general) are absolutely designed with the mindset of appealing either to boys or to girls separately. I'm not saying it's right or that I agree with it, but that's how big companies look at it, and that's how they market it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:16:42 14/05/2016 by Muffin Man
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#69 Posted: 10:31:04 14/05/2016
Yeah, as far as I can tell Happy Meal toys have always been divided between girl's toys and boy's toys.
The distinction is pretty clear but that doesn't mean a boy can't prefer the girl's toys for once and vice versa.

Just that they have been thought specifically with that distinction in mind.

Also, it's not that Bone Buggy looks bad with pink/purple bones... But that's not its true color.
Exactly like that red Shark Tank.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#70 Posted: 11:39:11 15/05/2016
The spoiler picture is from an eBay user in Portugal. US is not getting Splat or Stealth Elf according to happymeal.com, which is a pretty reliable source.
#71 Posted: 15:32:38 16/05/2016

Have you ever ordered a Happy Meal? If they have distinct toys, they'll always ask "boy or girl". A while back McDonalds announced that they weren't going to specify "boy or girl" anymore, but they still do. The receipt would say truck or doll. Now they specify which toy (i.e. Skylander, Barbie, etc.). I have a son and daughter, and usually they only want the gender-specific toy (my son wants a boy toy and my daughter a girl toy), but sometimes they do want the other and I find it weird to ask for a "girl toy" for my son and vice versa. These Skylanders were one, as my daughter liked Skylanders because my son did, and when Shopkins came out, my son liked those as well (though many of them were actually girly looking). I did like what they did with Spider-man a couple years back, though they didn't advertise it. They just said they had Spider-man toys (as sometimes they just have one generic toy for both), but if you ordered a "girl toy" they had Spider-man toys that were pink and things girls usually liked (i.e. bracelets). I didn't see them promote them anywhere, but they actually asked me one day if I wanted "boy or girl", so I ordered "girl" for my daughter wondering what the girl toy was and ended up getting the pink Spider-man toys. She loved them, as she was into Spider-man and they were pink!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#72 Posted: 05:43:14 20/05/2016
Quote: obidawsn

Have you ever ordered a Happy Meal? If they have distinct toys, they'll always ask "boy or girl". A while back McDonalds announced that they weren't going to specify "boy or girl" anymore, but they still do. The receipt would say truck or doll. Now they specify which toy (i.e. Skylander, Barbie, etc.). I have a son and daughter, and usually they only want the gender-specific toy (my son wants a boy toy and my daughter a girl toy), but sometimes they do want the other and I find it weird to ask for a "girl toy" for my son and vice versa. These Skylanders were one, as my daughter liked Skylanders because my son did, and when Shopkins came out, my son liked those as well (though many of them were actually girly looking). I did like what they did with Spider-man a couple years back, though they didn't advertise it. They just said they had Spider-man toys (as sometimes they just have one generic toy for both), but if you ordered a "girl toy" they had Spider-man toys that were pink and things girls usually liked (i.e. bracelets). I didn't see them promote them anywhere, but they actually asked me one day if I wanted "boy or girl", so I ordered "girl" for my daughter wondering what the girl toy was and ended up getting the pink Spider-man toys. She loved them, as she was into Spider-man and they were pink!

The spiderman thing is pretty cool. Also my mcdonalds still ask boy or girl at drive thru so i think its still a work in progress with them changing that over. I only have boys but i could see having a daughter liking hot wheels or skylanders etc. My son however doesnt seem to want the girl toys that im aware of, he has gotten them by mistake in the past and would be like I got a girls toy etc. Meh kids are kids. I personally don't care what they play with as long as it makes them happy and causes them no harm.
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#73 Posted: 14:50:00 12/06/2016
For those of you who don't know, the Skylanders Happy Meal toys will be available in the US Monday.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:42:38 13/06/2016 by DobermanOwner
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#74 Posted: 15:01:54 12/06/2016
Any idea if they have coupons inside?
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#75 Posted: 15:53:45 12/06/2016

Honestly as a kid I ordered the "girls" toy despite being a boy
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#76 Posted: 02:33:24 13/06/2016
I thought the toys were coming Tuesday? I'm sure they are out of Angry Birds by now anyway
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#77 Posted: 17:24:27 13/06/2016
just picked up Spitfire and Terrafin mcd toys; they didnt have any others as of yet.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#78 Posted: 17:26:18 13/06/2016
stuff included is the car toy, battlecast card (common spitfire card), and sticker sheet.
---
smilie
#79 Posted: 18:47:38 13/06/2016
[User Posted Image]

After a trip to 3 McDonald's, I was able to find Spitfire/Hot Streak (toy #1) and Terrafin/Shark Shooter (toy #2). The first store I went to still had Angry Birds stuff up and said they were staring the new toys tomorrow. A second store had a language barrier but I was able to get Terrafin there. The cashier did understand that I wanted Skylanders toys, not Power Puff girls and that there should be 2, not 1. Oh well. Went to the last one and they had both, so I got Spitfire. I paid $1.74 with tax for one toy.

They come with a sticker sheet, a little cardboard coin and a Spitfire BattleCast card. No coupons. And the Spitfire card isn't great quality, it feels cheaper than BattleCast cards found in packages and the back is different.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#80 Posted: 19:12:42 13/06/2016
I just got Spitfire and Hot Streak. They look pretty nice for a McDonalds toy.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#81 Posted: 02:57:04 14/06/2016
I'm going to head to a Walmart McDonald's tomorrow, I'll let everyone know if they have a poster this year
---
#82 Posted: 20:28:44 15/06/2016
Quote: DobermanOwner
[User Posted Image]

After a trip to 3 McDonald's, I was able to find Spitfire/Hot Streak (toy #1) and Terrafin/Shark Shooter (toy #2). The first store I went to still had Angry Birds stuff up and said they were staring the new toys tomorrow. A second store had a language barrier but I was able to get Terrafin there. The cashier did understand that I wanted Skylanders toys, not Power Puff girls and that there should be 2, not 1. Oh well. Went to the last one and they had both, so I got Spitfire. I paid $1.74 with tax for one toy.

They come with a sticker sheet, a little cardboard coin and a Spitfire BattleCast card. No coupons. And the Spitfire card isn't great quality, it feels cheaper than BattleCast cards found in packages and the back is different.

I just went and they only had spitfire. Did both of yours come with a spitfire card? I was hoping each character would have their own card.
#83 Posted: 21:38:08 15/06/2016
Yeah both came with Spitfire unfortunately. I'm giving it until Friday before I go hunt for the next 2.
---
#84 Posted: 03:30:59 17/06/2016
CRAZY DEAL!!! (I also posted this in the "I just bought" thread)
Apparently McDonalds has $20 off Superchargers starter pack coupons sitting on the counter where you order. Now if you use Target's Cartwheel app (which is free) you can get a 60% off Superchargers starter packs coupon. Starter Packs are currently $49.99 at Target so if you use the Cartwheel app first then give them the $20 coupon you will get a free starter pack!
(You can basically do this as many times as you want 4 times a day)

Steps:
Obtain $20 coupon from McD's
Download Cartwheel app and add Starter Pack coupon to your "list"
Use Cartwheel first and then hand the cashier the $20 coupon.
Prance around the store joyfully.

Target allows you to use Cartwheel and Manufacturer's coupons together so this is totally legal!
---
#85 Posted: 04:33:31 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: JetVac96
Apparently McDonalds has $20 off Superchargers starter pack coupons sitting on the counter where you order. Now if you use Target's Cartwheel app (which is free) you can get a 60% off Superchargers starter packs coupon. Starter Packs are currently $49.99 at Target so if you use the Cartwheel app first then give them the $20 coupon you will get a free starter pack!

Steps:

Target allows you to use Cartwheel and Manufacturer's coupons together so this is totally legal!

Wish you could do that in Australia, lol. You cna't combine discounts or offers here, lol. You have to use on or the other.
---
#86 Posted: 12:12:37 17/06/2016
My son just got Superchargers for his birthday. Wish I had waited smilie Although we got him the dark starter for around $30, so not too bummed. Trying to think of a reason to pick up another copy or two. This is even better than getting Trap Team for around $2 last year with the $10 coupon and cartwheel. Maybe I can see if they have the 3DS & Wii versions of racing. Does anyone know if either coupon works on the iOS version?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#87 Posted: 19:11:34 17/06/2016
While you get a Skylanders collection, here there's a Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire collection, despite the game being released like, 3 years ago, right?

Brilliant, if I can say.
---
Bruh
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#88 Posted: 20:07:26 17/06/2016

Steps:

Oh dang that's pretty sweet. Anyone able to confirm it works 100% then? A lot of my Targets have self checkouts now and I'd totally love to just waltz right through with this instead of going to a human. No offense to those in retail but the last time I did a deal with Skylanders they kind of gave me a hard time with it. (I reduced the price from $70 down to like $15 thanks to some price matching and the coupons from last year's game)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#89 Posted: 21:15:19 17/06/2016
The two McD's I checked today had no coupons but I was able to pick up Gill Grunt and Roller Brawl! More Spitfire cards woohoo! I'll check more McDonald's stores this week.
---
#90 Posted: 11:54:57 20/06/2016
I couldn't find any coupons, either. If I happen to find them, I'll still pick a couple up. Target has been running the cartwheel promo several times, so I wouldn't be surprised it will come up, again.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#91 Posted: 16:57:45 20/06/2016
Went to a mcd in walmart..toy alone was $3.50 so i decied i might as well buy 1 kids meal for $4 at that point.
#92 Posted: 04:50:10 22/06/2016
A local McDs had Roller Brawl and Gill Grunt tonight.
---
smilie
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5309
#93 Posted: 05:25:01 22/06/2016

Steps:

Does this still work? Can't find the deal on the app
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#94 Posted: 15:38:06 22/06/2016
Quote: skylandsfan

Steps:

Does this still work? Can't find the deal on the app

The cartwheel coupon expired on Saturday (which is usually when their coupons expire...they put new ones up on Sundays). It's been off an on almost every other week, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it, again. But I still haven't see the $20 coupon at McDs.
#95 Posted: 17:08:07 22/06/2016
Got Jet-Vac yesterday I must have just missed Sea Shadow!
---
#96 Posted: 07:38:12 23/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Australians should start being able to get them now. They have been sighted at a few McDonalds. Best to ring if you're not sure smilie
---
#97 Posted: 17:17:03 23/06/2016
[User Posted Image]

I have all 6 now!
---
#98 Posted: 15:33:20 24/06/2016
Looking for Splat and Stealth Stinger, have the Roller Brawl for trade or any other figure from SSC or the previous SkyLanders Happy Meal figures. PM me if you have Splat and want to trade.
---
smilie
#99 Posted: 12:06:37 28/06/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
Looking for Splat and Stealth Stinger, have the Roller Brawl for trade or any other figure from SSC or the previous SkyLanders Happy Meal figures. PM me if you have Splat and want to trade.

Did they release them in the US? They aren't on the list. My son was excited that he actually ended up getting them all this time. There's always one that he misses, even though we'd go 2-3 times a week. I thought it was awful quick for him to get them all, as they usually release them over the course of a longer time. I wonder why those two aren't on the list for the US, or if they'll actually release them.
#100 Posted: 14:32:21 28/06/2016
No, Splat and Stealth Elf were only released in parts of Europe.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me