darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Legendary Bone Bash Roller Brawl at TRU 12/29!!! (Available on TRU website)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Legendary Bone Bash Roller Brawl at TRU 12/29!!! (Available on TRU website) [CLOSED]
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#101 Posted: 14:55:54 07/01/2016
Quote: defpally
Quote: Bifrost
Wasn't Lightcore Legendary Chill rare?

No, not in the US as long as you got it in the several months after it came out during Giants all the way through Swap Force release - I remember seeing some during the release event. Regular Lightcore Chill and Pop Fizz were rare because they were Wave 4 and Lightcores really weren't selling all that well for Giants.

I will temper it by saying she wasn't popular at MY locations except for TRU, so I can understand people saying she was HTF.

The guy trying to buy the Fugly Fizz figure id stupid in my opinion, for reasons already communicated. There are always "rare" skylanders in W3 on usually that command a bit of a bump in price, but someone isn't going to know that up front so they basically buy it all...so it's like spending $1,000,000 in Powerball tickets and wonder why you aren't winning. Doesn't generally bother me, unless I'm in the presence of one and it's preventing me from getting product.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:55:48 07/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#102 Posted: 15:03:32 07/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Not wanting to start a witchhunt just sharing partially a frustration!!

And you are right, it is up to the store to really control scalping when a large amount is being purchased!!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#103 Posted: 15:05:15 07/01/2016
@stinkbomb29 - I know, I just said that as to not post the guy's facebook or other accounts here. Good intentions quickly become harassment with these kinds of actions, and this being visible to people without accounts is all the more dangerous.

On LLC Chill, it seemed like it since it's the only one that always seems missing in lots and whatnot; I've seen a single one all these years in my country's ebay equivalent and people looove to sell Legendaries there ._.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:30 07/01/2016 by Bifrost
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#104 Posted: 15:08:03 07/01/2016
He's not as crazy as you think. They're 3 for $25 at TRU right now, or $8.33 each - say $9 after taxes. If he could sell them for $20, net $15 after eBay fees, etc, he's getting a $6 profit/figure - 66% markup. Plus, he can get rewards points if he's an R Us club member, and possibly some kind of credit card rewards if he used a credit card with some kind of cash back reward. Also, like defpally said, he can just return them in three weeks if they don't sell for $0 lost profit (sure, time involved, but he's probably the kind of person who goes to TRU three times a week regardless).
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#105 Posted: 16:03:27 07/01/2016
Quote: UncleBob
He's not as crazy as you think. They're 3 for $25 at TRU right now, or $8.33 each - say $9 after taxes. If he could sell them for $20, net $15 after eBay fees, etc, he's getting a $6 profit/figure - 66% markup. Plus, he can get rewards points if he's an R Us club member, and possibly some kind of credit card rewards if he used a credit card with some kind of cash back reward. Also, like defpally said, he can just return them in three weeks if they don't sell for $0 lost profit (sure, time involved, but he's probably the kind of person who goes to TRU three times a week regardless).

As with all collectible hobbies, there will be scalpers looking to profit off the silliest of things, so you have the option to either turn a blind eye to it (the healthy way) or let it bother you and be an emotional whining mess about it complaining online about how it's not fair. As far as the math Unclebob has provided, it's pretty accurate, but also pretty petty and wreaks of desperation to make a quick buck. Same thing happened on the Nightfall release last month...people scooped her up at GameStop for $6.50 on Skylanders Day and we're trying to pawn them off for $20 shipped on EBay right in the smack of the holiday shopping frenzy. There will always be opportunistic scalpers out there who will use sales/coupons/cash back to their advantage. As previously mentioned, stores are starting to crack down on the returns and banning people. I'm not talking about the average Joe returning 10 figures over the course of the year...I'm talking about the silly scalpers who flaunt that there's no risk in scalping and stop off at TRU to return 15 Legendary Roller Brawls at a time and other figures multiple times a year. Let there be returning bans on such people...they'll get what's coming to them.

I'm amazed by 2 things - that there are people who have nothing better to do with their time than to buy up Skylanders of all things plus the fact that they no shame in returning 10+ of anything at a time if it doesn't sell. Secondly, I'm amazed that there's still a 0.001% subset of the Skylanders purchasing population who feed into scalpers with a "money is no object" attitude and feel that paying ABOVE MSRP is even necessary. Superchargers, above all other Skylanders games, has shown that with a little patience and deal hunting, you should be able to purchase pretty much everything at 50% off the MSRP. I have zero pity for those on the opposite end of the spectrum as me who pay above MSRP to scalpers...simply put, it's pissing your money away. I'd actually like to meet some of these people and see what goes on in their head & makes them tick...perhaps get them some help and get them a subscription to Smart Consumer magazine.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#106 Posted: 16:48:02 07/01/2016
Quote: UncleBob

Factor the gas, your time, trips to the shipping location and you are making less than minimum wage on top of making figures harder to find at your TRU for others. There are much better ways to make a living. Also, that "risk free" returning is going to get cut off real quick at TRU these days with their new system in place. If they were making serious change from it (like in the old days of Skylanders or with chase variants) I would understand the logic.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#107 Posted: 18:31:50 07/01/2016
You gotta figure, these people aren't too concerned with their personal time - and they're probably already going to the post office - if they're a type of "scalper" that would buy 11 of a toy on the release date, they probably also buy and sell lots of items. Probably already making 2-3 weekly trips to the Post Office.

And less than minimum wage is more than zero. :/

And I fully agree on cracking down on returns. Knowing what I deal with on a daily basis, I fully support no receipt=no return, limits on the numbers of returns/month or year, etc. etc. But that's a whole different story. ;)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#108 Posted: 17:57:56 09/01/2016
Woo-ho! At last! She is mine! Her figure look's great! Much better than I expected.

Very happy I got her at last.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#109 Posted: 21:34:41 09/01/2016
Anyone in the Bergen County of New Jersey seen any LBBRB yet?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#110 Posted: 22:19:16 09/01/2016
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Anyone in the Bergen County of New Jersey seen any LBBRB yet?

Toms River has them. Not sure about anywhere else.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#111 Posted: 04:08:33 10/01/2016
Here's her packaging (if anyone wants to see it)
[User Posted Image]
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#112 Posted: 17:03:02 10/01/2016
Legendaries look terrible! There.. I said it. I'd be more inclined to buy them if they were painted like Eon's Elite.

Roller Brawl is my favorite Skylander, but after watching gameplay videos of this version, she looks like a downgrade from regular old Bullrush Roller Brawl. Disappointing. I'm going to buy her regular color scheme when it gets released though just because.. well.. Roller Brawl!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#113 Posted: 17:05:23 10/01/2016
Quote: samuraituretsky
Legendaries look terrible! There.. I said it. I'd be more inclined to buy them if they were painted like Eon's Elite.

Roller Brawl is my favorite Skylander, but after watching gameplay videos of this version, she looks like a downgrade from regular old Bullrush Roller Brawl. Disappointing. I'm going to buy her regular color scheme when it gets released though just because.. well.. Roller Brawl!

Yep, some Legendary looks better than the normal version but Legendary Roller Brawl looks so bad.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#114 Posted: 17:07:30 10/01/2016
I don't think she looks that bad, but I'm sure waiting for the regular version to come out.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#115 Posted: 17:14:07 10/01/2016
She's available now at ToysRUs.com, and for $11, to boot.

http://www.toysrus.com/product...F:70477306:TRUS
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#116 Posted: 17:28:23 10/01/2016
Quote: Buuzer
Quote: samuraituretsky

Yep, some Legendary looks better than the normal version but Legendary Roller Brawl looks so bad.

Even so, I still want to own not only the original one, but also her Legendary version.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#117 Posted: 19:40:51 10/01/2016
I like the look of her. I was less enthused about Astro Blast. They flat out ignored some of his details like knee pads when they did the Legendary paint on him.

My only issue with her is on her left arm, the blades are supposed to be extendable (and you see this in game), but her whole glove is painted gold, including the retracted blade. The back arm is correct since it is extended. The ones I saw, the eye shadow was also very hodge podge - I went through several at the store until I found one that didn't look like a 10 year old trying out mommy's makeup for the first time.
#118 Posted: 22:35:59 10/01/2016
Legendary paintjob aside, she has to be my favorite figure so far. The detail put into her is great. Comparing SWAP Force Roller Brawl to this one, you can see some major overall improvements in figure quality (although paint is still an issue, of course).
---
D77 Green Sparx Gems: 146
#119 Posted: 22:46:40 10/01/2016
Oddly enough, I found mine yesterday at the TRU in Florence, KY because I stepped on it. In the electronics department they left the open case of figures on the floor in front of the Superchargers video display. Not a single one anywhere else in the store to be found, but they had about 5 in the box. They still have massive amounts of Legendary Jet-Vac & Sky Racing Packs though.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me