darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > New Instant Skylanders & Vehicles revealed!
Page 1 of 1
New Instant Skylanders & Vehicles revealed!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1 Posted: 15:35:05 08/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Credit goes to portalpowertv & yrocgames for posting these on Instagram.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

They all look pretty nice, but Instant Super Shot Stealth Elf (what a name) has to be my favorite. I also noticed that Instant Stealth Stinger looks just like Nitro Stealth Stinger. Instant Dive Bomber & Dive-Clops also look neat but not as good as Instant Spitfire & Instant Hot Streak.
I sure hope that they will also be secret Variants on the consoles.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:08:32 08/11/2015 by Deja Vu
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 15:40:28 08/11/2015
None of the pictures work for me.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 15:48:01 08/11/2015 | Topic Creator
*sigh* That was the last time that I post screenshots on my phone.
Fixed it, now it should work.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#4 Posted: 16:24:08 08/11/2015
The ISO version is fine for others, but I prefer the actual home video game and real figures.
#5 Posted: 16:29:56 08/11/2015
10 bucks for an Instant? Kinda good for countries without those figures on sale like mine,but at the same time, I don't think the iOS version is avaliable here to begin with ._.
That's definately not DLC pricing I approve of.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:30:23 08/11/2015 by Bifrost
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#6 Posted: 17:17:05 08/11/2015
$10 for the last 1/3 of the stars?

YES PLEASE.

Also, are Instant and IRL vehicles/Skylanders compatible with each other? I kinda don't want to turn my portal on and off while switching between vehicles.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
sirxtommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#7 Posted: 17:22:39 08/11/2015
i put nitro stealth stinger and it let me unlock Instant stealth sting if i put kaos trophy. and it let me unlock instant kaos trophy. so weird.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#8 Posted: 17:23:22 08/11/2015
They looks cool but Figures>>>Digital
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#9 Posted: 17:33:42 08/11/2015
Quote: sirxtommy
i put nitro stealth stinger and it let me unlock Instant stealth sting if i put kaos trophy. and it let me unlock instant kaos trophy. so weird.

That is pretty cool. Does it work for vehicles that are not part of the three in the picture?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
sirxtommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#10 Posted: 17:39:15 08/11/2015
well if you had dive bomber it goes unlock instant Dive bomber and if you had Super shot it unlock instant Super shot but they is also possibly digital figure like Event Hot Steak idk how much it cost each of that
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#11 Posted: 19:40:46 08/11/2015
Gosh, Superchargers is surprisingly generous with what you need to buy this year!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#12 Posted: 19:41:51 08/11/2015
Agreed with Buuzer....this is a "TOYS to life game". They look cool and all....but if i have to "pay" for them, i want the figure.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#13 Posted: 20:36:19 08/11/2015
10 bucks for this, thats crazy!.. i remember ssa where i payed 6 bucks for a figurine and that brand new after a few days of release.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#14 Posted: 20:37:20 08/11/2015
Well,you can still do that. For most people their choice if they want a figure or instant. No complaining about the good old times needed just yet.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#15 Posted: 21:54:26 08/11/2015
I like more options as opposed to less. People will have different wants/needs, so if this goes to helping them do that, GREAT.
High_Volt23 Green Sparx Gems: 204
#16 Posted: 03:24:02 09/11/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Quote: sirxtommy

That is pretty cool. Does it work for vehicles that are not part of the three in the picture?

No sadly it doesn't the only instants that will unlock are the trophies and the characters/vehicles u see
---
smilie PROTECT AND SURGE!!!smilie
DredyekSlayer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1423
#17 Posted: 07:21:10 09/11/2015
does it work with dark hotstreak cause i found a preowned one at Eb-Games and cause no one looks there, its pretty much mine! smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 07:32:21 09/11/2015
Well... Normally I would be against digital released playable figures (new levels are ok but at least keep the characters as toys) but in this specific case I not only accept it, I'm all for it!

The price is a bit high for my tastes considering you don't even get a physical toy and they could have at least put Stormblade and Sky Slicer instead of creating yet another Stealth Elf... But I understand the motivations.

Sincerely hoping it will remain a really limited feature.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:33:21 09/11/2015 by Drek95
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#19 Posted: 08:55:39 09/11/2015
They mentioned this a lot time ago. It's just finally released for iOS.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#20 Posted: 16:50:35 09/11/2015
pricing is a tad high, but this is leaning towards what I had in mind for a new Skylanders game. I've mentioned in other posts about my free to play idea, if they can manage a less obnoxious pricing range for the instant versions it could work rather well, and players who don't really care to collect the toys could play just using instants regardless of whether or not they have a portal while the rest of us could simply scan our collection to unlock the instants ( including variants and reposes, which may or may not be made available otherwise to encourage buying the actual toys )

is this JUST on iOS, or are they adding it to the other versions as well?
#21 Posted: 17:02:03 09/11/2015
Well,considering the other thread where the game won't unlock unless you have a full iOS starter pack(and according to the mobile activision assist, it has to be SPECIFICALLY those figures from the pack) , it doesn't even start being free to play,just a really convenient on-the-go game.
---
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#22 Posted: 17:19:06 09/11/2015
Hi guys. Quick update on how things work:
- Hot Streak from the iOS Starter Pack is required to unlock the full game (other Hot Streak variants will not work)
- Using Super Shot Stealth Elf, Stealth Stinger, Dive-Clops, or Dive Bomber on the portal will unlock the Instant version of this character or vehicle
- All other characters are available in digital form for in-app purchase from the Portal Master->Collection menu
- Trophies used on the portal will unlock the Skylanders Academy so you can access racing (but will not unlock the full game)
#23 Posted: 17:42:27 09/11/2015
^Ok, good to have things cleared up. I really don't want another portal and controller though...I'll just wait until the starter pack prices go down.

Jet-Vac and Jet Stream will now chill in the corner until spring.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#24 Posted: 04:48:07 10/11/2015
Quote: Advisor_Orville
Hi guys. Quick update on how things work:
- Hot Streak from the iOS Starter Pack is required to unlock the full game (other Hot Streak variants will not work)
- Using Super Shot Stealth Elf, Stealth Stinger, Dive-Clops, or Dive Bomber on the portal will unlock the Instant version of this character or vehicle
- All other characters are available in digital form for in-app purchase from the Portal Master->Collection menu
- Trophies used on the portal will unlock the Skylanders Academy so you can access racing (but will not unlock the full game)

the middle 2 things are in line with my free to play idea smilie Activision could be heading that way with the series, hopefully using the best gameplay aspects of both TFB & VV....

that top one is total bs though, how is the iOS starter Hot Streak any different from any other Hot Streak ( besides obvious variants like Dark or Golden )
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#25 Posted: 05:32:24 10/11/2015
Quote: Buuzer
They looks cool but Figures>>>Digital

Of course, but the point of mobile platforms is to be...well...MOBILE. Figures and portals get in the way of that, so I can see why they put up the option for those that want it.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#26 Posted: 03:45:29 11/11/2015
Price maybe a tad high, I agree but...
Think these are just not for people whom are into mobile....but for another totally different crowd too:
My friend is close to 60 years old, walks with a cane from an old injury.
He likes playing Skylanders but hates getting up to switch the characters and really does not want hundreds of plastic toys around his house.
He loves this digital downloadable version.

Personally I want the physical toy for myself...
I have to agree with Lemon's comments, pretty cool to have more options for different wants and needs!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:33 11/11/2015 by JAP28
#27 Posted: 04:08:31 11/11/2015
Quote: JAP28
Price maybe a tad high, I agree but...
Think these are just not for people whom are into mobile....but for another totally different crowd too:
My friend is close to 60 years old, walks with a cane from an old injury.
He likes playing Skylanders but hates getting up to switch the characters and really does not want hundreds of plastic toys around his house.
He loves this digital downloadable version.

Personally I want the physical toy for myself...
I have to agree with Lemon's comments, pretty cool to have more options for different wants and needs!

you just hit the nail on the head....your friend you describe is part of the reason I came up with my free to play idea. Those who like the game but don't care for collecting the toys or just don't like swapping toys on the portal constantly could just collect digital "instant" versions for a few bucks each while those of us who like the toys can can them in with a portal and either play using the portal like normal or play with the unlocked instants from our scanned toys ( like the 3DS versions of SF, TT and Superchargers Racing ). The whole game would be free ( with 1 Skylander available for digital only players ), and the IAPs would be for new Skylanders, magic items and new levels.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#28 Posted: 20:37:54 11/11/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
^Ok, good to have things cleared up. I really don't want another portal and controller though...I'll just wait until the starter pack prices go down.

Jet-Vac and Jet Stream will now chill in the corner until spring.

U can purchase the game digitally after level 1 , u only need the iOS hot streak if you want to buy and use the physical starter pack .
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#29 Posted: 20:39:11 11/11/2015
Also because we can buy digital characters , does that mean we can buy characters that arnt released yet ? Or are they locked in game until an update ?
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me