Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 30 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 56 57 58
Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#1451 Posted: 19:04:22 30/10/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Quote:
@EricRogersLA In that case... Anything you can say on Hex, Roller Brawl, and Wind-Up's team, or is that something under "classified"?
--
@WoytilaAdam well they are considered just cadets at this point. They will hopefully be their own full-fledged team in the future!

*twinkling eyes* I was hoping someone would ask that eventually, of course it's from the forum smilie

Yes yes yes yes!
Seeing that so far they are only a team of three for most scenes I wonder if a few more addition could slide in when an episode of them happens.....(you put prism break and chop chop in the intro stop playing with my soul and add them)
---
POPSMARTS!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#1452 Posted: 19:52:02 30/10/2016
Team B episodes are always good in these kinds of shows since it allows entirely new characters that you might not need to develop, though MLP showed that you can screw up if you get too deep into the fandom's wishes for them.

They're a team of three but it's implied Snap Shot and Ka-Boom are their teachers. Dunno if Eric would explore the dynamic with them though, they're all pretty young and Arnold there doesn't add anything to it, while Snap Shot is walking exposition.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1453 Posted: 20:15:46 30/10/2016
Don't know if anyone cares, but I tweeted to Eric asking about Hex, Roller Brawl, and Wind-Up. And he said that they're just cadets for now, but hopefully they'll form their own full-fledged team in the future. So... Not sure if that means they're gonna be in Season 2 as full Skylanders or not.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6442
#1454 Posted: 23:09:32 30/10/2016
Can you ask him if we will get nods,references and other things based on the Spyro games,I know many of the newcomers in darkspyro don't know about the 1998-2008 era where Spyro was born and had it's peak of popularity so it will be nice to know that we are not forgotten and Spyro is more than just a way to trap nostalgia.I m sure I m not the only one who would love that and it could became again a Spyro and Skylanders fansite.I wish all sides of the fandom could act as one and don't ignore the others,I know I was harsh but the Spyro fandom was so badly hurt in so many ways so yeah it's still healing.If you react badly it will be my last post here knowing we no longer have a Spyro fandom and we all lost.I would love to know what all three sides of the fandom could make if they act together surely something amazing,making the three broken parts into one strong entity.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#1455 Posted: 23:25:16 30/10/2016
That was asked before, I think you also went on and on about this on the General thread. He'll do what he can.

Also, the fandom isn't healing, it's been downhill for a while and it'll keep on going with the current majority's attitude.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1456 Posted: 23:25:43 30/10/2016
DarkSpyro is already a Spyro and Skylanders fansite, fyra.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1457 Posted: 23:34:17 30/10/2016
Hehehehe, Legend of Spyro fans.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1458 Posted: 23:37:06 30/10/2016
C'mon, man, I'd be down for a LoS reference episode written by Eric - considering how cynical the cliches get with the current episodes, it'd be pretty hilarious. But that should come naturally, not because we asked for it, that's recipe for disaster.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#1459 Posted: 23:43:11 30/10/2016
I personally found the cliches typical but dont better than most bu a long shot. Not sure what cliches you'd be refdering to besides Spyro going fan boy cray over Crash and calling it a man crush
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1460 Posted: 23:53:46 30/10/2016
Kaos getting caught by the hypnotic song in Pop Rocks so the plot could advance. He just dryly delivers "I forgot to bring earplugs so I wouldn't get hypnotized by Wolfgang" since Eric expects everyone to see that coming from a mile away.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:08 30/10/2016 by Bifrost
#1461 Posted: 23:57:24 30/10/2016
Kaos getting caught by the hypnotic song in Pop Rocks so the plot could advance. He just dryly delivers "I forgot to bring earplugs so I wouldn't get hypnotized by Wolfgang" since Eric expects everyone to see that coming from a mile away.

Oh my God good point. Never mind then! Wouldn't be surprised if Ka-Boom was faking his accent now
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1462 Posted: 05:59:50 31/10/2016
After 10 1/2 episodes... man, I really hate the theme song.
#1463 Posted: 06:43:26 31/10/2016
Quote: UncleBob
After 10 1/2 episodes... man, I really hate the theme song.

Harmony~!
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1464 Posted: 06:57:50 31/10/2016
Hm.

I was really mixed on the show. Wasn't fully sold on it... until episode 12.

Very well pieced together at the end.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#1465 Posted: 11:34:11 31/10/2016
Still weirded out that "SuperChargers" refers to the Vehicles.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#1466 Posted: 13:04:26 31/10/2016
It's pretty sure she's a villain since in EP10 since she's affected by the evil matter. It's possible the Darkness is just a step too above for her, after all, that's Kaos' entire issue in SuperChargers; the Darkness doesn't want to dominate and subjugate, just consume and destroy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:05:43 31/10/2016 by Bifrost
#1467 Posted: 13:07:28 31/10/2016
I believe it's merely bringing up the case of Evil vs. Evil.
---
Check this out! Please?
#1468 Posted: 13:26:53 31/10/2016
KingMed, have you EVER leaned what the heck spoilers are? Because this isn't the first time you just shamelessly post them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:27:07 31/10/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#1469 Posted: 14:54:50 31/10/2016
There is a spoiler topic literally right below this one... will you guys please try using it for the sake of those who haven't seen the show? smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:59:32 31/10/2016 by TrapShadowFan
#1470 Posted: 15:05:12 31/10/2016
Wrong tag, Buuzer.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1471 Posted: 17:25:40 31/10/2016
Finished Season 1. And woah, never expected something like the last episode. It really made me excited for the next Season. This show is great.

Now I guess we should wait for the New Year's Eve special.
---
Bruh
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1472 Posted: 19:40:46 31/10/2016
Oh snap I love the theme song.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#1473 Posted: 19:44:46 31/10/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Oh snap I love the theme song.

Got to admit it is allot more batter then i thought it wil be.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1474 Posted: 19:48:37 31/10/2016
I've seen some clips, and I really like
how Crash turned out in the show. And him having a voice was pretty cool too, otherwise that would have added up to a lot of limitations in the episode.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:09 31/10/2016 by Buuzer
#1475 Posted: 01:50:47 01/11/2016
Wait, wasn't Knight Mare listed in some foreign language's credits?
If my most favorite Trap Master ever is in Season 2 then SIGN ME UP!
---
Check this out! Please?
#1476 Posted: 01:54:27 01/11/2016
In the Brazilian Netflix, Knight Mare's voice actor was listed, but it's the same as Hex, so...
---
Bruh
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1477 Posted: 01:57:23 01/11/2016
I'm sorry if I'm going off topic or whatever, but I just want to say that I'm currently up to episode seven ... and I'm not enjoying it as much anymore?
I think I don't like the overuse of cliché cartoon plots, like the "dream episode" where the protag figures that "oh, it's my head so I can control my dreams, not you" or the "stuck-inside-someone's-head-and-controlling-their-body episode".

Spoiler'd because of slight giveaways?
No but anyway, I'm just concerned for the remainder of the episodes. I hope they don't follow other cliché plot lines as well...

Also I really love the VAs of the main team, especially Jet-Vac's and Spyro's. Man, I think they suit the characters just right! I never considered that Justin Long would have such a great "Spyro" voice, haha! ;p
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1478 Posted: 02:02:13 01/11/2016
Don't worry, a plot kicks in by the end of the season.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1479 Posted: 02:04:42 01/11/2016
Ha, okay. I hope it's decent. I'm finding it hard to stick with the series now. Ehehe.
But if you think it gets better than I 'spose I watch the rest of it. ;p

OH, and I actually really like the theme song too though ~
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#1480 Posted: 02:07:38 01/11/2016
I'm guessing Season 2 will really kick up and have less cliched plots. That's usually how most shows work, they start off mediocre but wind up being good enough to warrant continuation.
---
Check this out! Please?
#1481 Posted: 02:09:05 01/11/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: Nightmoon
Still weirded out that "SuperChargers" refers to the Vehicles.

It does in some SC quest dialogue as well, so it's probably a holdover from before SC was complete?

Oh the show was definitely written well before Superchargers got released, and considering that it seems like they only had access to TfB for info (A handful of characters aside), it is definitely an early development thing.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1482 Posted: 02:30:47 01/11/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I'm guessing Season 2 will really kick up and have less cliched plots. That's usually how most shows work, they start off mediocre but wind up being good enough to warrant continuation.

Ok, look... Filler Episodes are a necessary evil when writing television shows, especially for kids. Kids are smart and can pick up on storylines if they pay attention hard enough, but expecting this show to be as plot driven as Game of Thrones or Daredevil is ridiculous IMO. Gravity Falls didn't immediately start out with the plot, too. You could argue that GF set up its story well with the ending of the 1st episode being a huge cliffhanger, but the next episode totally didn't continue after that. Don't even get me STARTED on Steven Universe. Every show does it!

I wouldn't even say that the episodes themselves are mediocre... They're funny as hell and provide really good morals at the end so that the FCC can't complain about the "drop the soap" joke. As far as "mediocre first seasons" go, this one is up there.
#1483 Posted: 02:36:46 01/11/2016
Besides, filler episodes are always a good excuse for character development outside of the main plot.
---
Bruh
#1484 Posted: 02:49:40 01/11/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: AdamGregory03

Ok, look... Filler Episodes are a necessary evil when writing television shows, especially for kids. Kids are smart and can pick up on storylines if they pay attention hard enough, but expecting this show to be as plot driven as Game of Thrones or Daredevil is ridiculous IMO. Gravity Falls didn't immediately start out with the plot, too. You could argue that GF set up its story well with the ending of the 1st episode being a huge cliffhanger, but the next episode totally didn't continue after that. Don't even get me STARTED on Steven Universe. Every show does it!

I wouldn't even say that the episodes themselves are mediocre... They're funny as hell and provide really good morals at the end so that the FCC can't complain about the "drop the soap" joke. As far as "mediocre first seasons" go, this one is up there.

I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact, you practically elaborated on one of my points: Shows like Steven Universe and Gravity Falls starting out okay at best but winding up being really good. I didn't mean to imply that I as an individual found the first season mediocre or have an issue with filler episodes, but I can understand why some people would. Sorry.
---
Check this out! Please?
#1485 Posted: 03:34:17 01/11/2016
Y'all don't even watch Sentai, you guys don't have to put up with literally like 10 episodes in a row of filler.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#1486 Posted: 05:08:28 01/11/2016
I really hope that this show becomes very popular and many people watch it so they could make more epsoides: )
#1487 Posted: 06:55:57 01/11/2016
Having finished it and had some time to digest, here's my quick pros and cons. All IMHO, of course. I'll generally avoid spoilers, but just in case, going to mark the rest as spoilers anyway. If I were you, I'd watch it yourself before letting others influence your opinion. :D

Pros: The animation is quite charming. It's well done, movement is fluid, even in scenes with lots of background noise.

The characters aren't annoying. I expected the show to be aimed at kids (even though the original game came out five years ago, targeted at 8-12 year-olds, so ideally, fans would be 13-17 now...) and figured I'd be turned off by the characters. As a whole, that was not the case.

The final episode was *very* well done. Watching it really pulls the season together.

Cons: In a game with 100+ playable characters, we got about a dozen of them on-screen. Boo. There were plenty of scenes where we had crowds full of characters - why not throw in some of the Skylanders we've gotten to know over the past five years? Bad Breath rubs me the wrong way because of this. Why create a whole new character when you could have developed one of the many we already have? I mean, I can forgive Cy, since his creation fits with the games, but BB just seems like a wasted Skylanders slot for me. Oh, and the Crash-centric episode? Blah. I mean, at least he's in the games, but I still would have preferred developing a rather-unknown character instead of pushing one who has already been developed. And changing what development he's had. Oh, and double points knocked off for the lack of Gill Grunt.

That theme song. It's just a word salad of inspiring buzz words set to a generic pop beat. Dude, you have frickin' Hans Zimmer working on the games... that man is a musical genius... it's obvious that someone involved with the development of the series understands the importance of music... why would you let this happen?

Slow-to-start. As others have stated, the show was pretty rough in early episodes, with generic by-the-numbers plots... like I said above, it really pulled through in the last episode, but it's a rough ride getting there. With only 12 episodes, even spending a single episode as 'filler' risks losing folks' interest. Hopefully, in a second season, we don't have these growing pains.

Kaos annoys me. Like, we're supposed to believe he's a devious villain that is seriously a threat to Skylanders, but he's really a bumbling idiot. Granted, that's not far from his in-game personality, but even an idiot with an army is a force to be reckoned with. Here, he has no army, but we're supposed to believe he's a contender. But, then again, this is a world where we lock a bad guy up, but allow him to keep his musical instrument that he uses to mind-control folks...

Just some thoughts...
#1488 Posted: 07:26:05 01/11/2016
Well just shows that Gill Grunt is only popular with the game developers. X3
---
#1489 Posted: 07:46:39 01/11/2016
Kaos is supposed to be incompetent in S1, he seems to just have gotten started on evildoing in this canon.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a timeskip to him being more like the games.

That said, he was written a thousand times better than SF,since at least he is actually ineffectual instead of having armies and crazy powers but treated like a nobody
---
#1490 Posted: 14:41:34 01/11/2016
Kaos is supposed to be incompetent in S1, he seems to just have gotten started on evildoing in this canon.

Sure, I can accept that - except for early on, when Eon first talks about Kaos, he regards Kaos as a threat - when he's clearly just an annoyance.
#1491 Posted: 14:51:59 01/11/2016

Sure, I can accept that - except for early on, when Eon first talks about Kaos, he regards Kaos as a threat - when he's clearly just an annoyance.

Perhaps Eon knows Kaos CAN do great evil and is much, MUCH more powerful than people think he is?
---
#1492 Posted: 15:00:15 01/11/2016
Eon brings this up a lot even in the main canon. He's always taken Kaos seriously, no exceptions, even when the Skylanders didn't. It's because of spoilers this time, but for the main canon, it's because of another tiny little evil guy called Nefarion from the books. No one took him seriously as a threat, so he went and razed every Portal Master and Skylander in sight with the Mask of Power. Chances are they teach new PMs about it for generations.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:06 01/11/2016 by Bifrost
#1493 Posted: 15:01:16 01/11/2016

Well, he has tried over 300 times. He's persistent, I'll give him that much!
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#1494 Posted: 15:07:56 01/11/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Well, he has tried over 300 times. He's persistent, I'll give him that much!

and he did had had some nice evil plans.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1495 Posted: 20:47:41 01/11/2016
I just finished watching the season through twice ( just to gather a better opinion).

It's a pretty decent show overall for me. And it actually does have some rewatchability. The humours a little hit or miss for me, it's iether pretty good and clever or pretty lame, but overall it's comes out decent.

I was mostly impressed with the last 4 episodes , the long term plot coming together was much more entertaining then the earlier episodes based on a single characters development.
So hopefully they keep that long term plot more of a focus now that they've successfully introduced the main characters in the first half of season 1.

I would also like to see more actual " missions" that pay respect to the locations in the games/comics/books instead of mostly just training exercises , but I assume that's their eventual plan if the series last a while.

It would be amazing if they brought in Malefor to be a major villain .
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:13 01/11/2016 by B-BOB358
#1496 Posted: 22:39:31 01/11/2016
Malefor will be season 3. If there is a season 3.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#1497 Posted: 22:40:56 01/11/2016
If Cynder is the focus of 2, why put him later?

Looking through the old pages right now for older confirms. He promised Light and Dark stuff but all we got was Eon being Light, huh.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:46 01/11/2016 by Bifrost
#1498 Posted: 22:42:55 01/11/2016
Because we gotta deal with The Darkness/the Doom Raiders/Kaos first. That many villains at once is already a lot, but when you add in Malefor it just gets ridiculous. That's like, 4 different main villains juggling for screen time.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#1499 Posted: 22:44:09 01/11/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Malefor will be season 3. If there is a season 3.

Proof?
---
First | Previous | Page 30 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 56 57 58

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me