darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 59 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2901 Posted: 14:39:48 01/04/2016
I don't think it's anyone since you see Night Shift on it in the first picture. There are the weird tubes in the seat which is really out of place.

Wouldn't put full hopes on this being an unreleased vehicle figure though, it could be like Rifle Troll and Harvester and just well made placeholder.

Also, today I learned that the weird line thingies under the spell punk's eyes are their upper jaws - they have huge fanged mouths just like Spellslamzer in the comics. Sweet dreams. Maybe this is why VV made their mouths a single closed line.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:40:06 01/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2902 Posted: 20:38:58 01/04/2016
HOLY **** this is a gold mine

It's really nice to see Dave 'get' a bit more of how Skylands works and how it isn't just Dreamworks with a little more edges. He still tried to add a Treeman to the Academy though,barf.

Original Spell Punk Library still upsets me for not existing ;w; We finally had a level that's as weird and amazing as TFB's concepts and it just gets shot down(no offense to the rest,but you can tell they're from different creators - not so much the original concepts for this one).
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:45:15 01/04/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2903 Posted: 20:45:43 01/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost

It's really nice to see Dave 'get' a bit more of how Skylands works and how it isn't just Dreamworks with a little more edges. He still tried to add a Treeman to the Academy though,barf.

Original Spell Punk Library still upsets me for not existing smilie

OMG, he's just soooo gooooood. What talent. All of them are gorgeous.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2904 Posted: 20:51:43 01/04/2016
https://www.flickr.com/photos/humbleego/

Whoo boy there's way more on his flickr.

You can also see The Darkness was a lot more solid too, the tentacles remind me of Nightfall actually. Wonder if she'd have a connection back then.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:44 01/04/2016 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2905 Posted: 00:48:35 02/04/2016
The Kung Fume Kingdom one, obviously Stink Bomb's potential home world concept.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#2906 Posted: 12:52:08 02/04/2016
Oooooh boooy Skylanders Academy is coming. Jet-Vac's VA started by mentioning the prewview, now Haber and Eric Rogers are just going crazy, making jokes and mentioning other actors. Things of note; the obvious that Jet-Vac kept his VA, Master Eon as well, Catherine O'Hara James Hetfield(Metallica? Wolfgang's getting VA changes? D: )are voicing somebody new because they're nowhere to be found in the Skylanders casts.

Quote:

This too. Got no patience to check on Imbd who's who though.

They are teasing nonstop, and apparently Eric and Jonny are going to run on the beach tomorrow with excitement,so maybe then?

Skylanders is also being featured at Cake Masters. Oh my god today is return of news day, I'm feeing all hyped again WITHOUT ANY GAMES ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED.
---
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 13:10:11 02/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2907 Posted: 15:04:46 02/04/2016
....Wait a second. That logo in Eric's twitter is NEW!

[User Posted Image]

You can't actually see the purple cut-off "academy" in the actual page,but I just had the hunch because the original Skylanders logo vectors aren't that clean.
*looks it up*

Nope, they're THAT clean. Women's intuition I guess.

Quote:
@ellisgreg @Nu_Age_Girl @Skylanders fall 2016, my friends! We are closing in on our network... And we locked our last Season 1 script TODAY!

Also this part I missed. Network instead of webseries or whatever else it is.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 15:19:35 02/04/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2908 Posted: 18:55:36 02/04/2016
I wouldn't say it's Skylanders 6's logo. More than likely the logo for the TV show.
#2909 Posted: 19:02:14 02/04/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I wouldn't say it's Skylanders 6's logo. More than likely the logo for the TV show.

Maybe not,but as I discussed with a friend, purple could be our next color theme and they'll share it since same year(like Battlecast also being orangey).
It is the logo for Academy since the cut off letters match(the top of a D, E and M), even if an early version.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:32 02/04/2016 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#2910 Posted: 19:04:52 02/04/2016
I wouldn't be surprised if Skylanders 6 is a direct tie-in to the TV show. At least in terms of branding, if not story.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2911 Posted: 19:59:30 02/04/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
I wouldn't be surprised if Skylanders 6 is a direct tie-in to the TV show. At least in terms of branding, if not story.

I was actually thinking if maybe the sixth game itself could be called "Skylanders Academy" but maybe it would be too much sharing not only the same color but also the exact same name.
Purple makes sense not only because it hasn't still been used yet but also because we can kinda say we've had this sequence so far:
SA: blue logo, green bases;
Giants: orange logo and bases;
SWAP Force: green logo, blue bases;
Trap Team: red logo and bases;
SuperChargers: orangey logo, no bases (but yellow is the true color since it's the one at the bottom of the packs);
Skylanders 6: purple logo and likely purple bases.

Regarding the logo itself I'm thinking it will have something special and won't simply be a word written using the same font.
SA was the first game so it really didn't deserve nothing particular.
Giants is big and bulky like the titular Skylanders.
SWAP Force has the two arrows indicating the special ability of the new Gimmicklanders.
Trap Team has a stylized crystal which looks like a trap but also refers to Traptanium in general.

SuperChargers is special as well but like the whole game it's in its own happy little universe full of vehicles, tech and over-the-topness.

I was thinking that maybe the logo could have the cutouts of some towers inside some letters (the A, M and D would work well) or maybe something else still aking to the structure.
Or it may have something related to the idea of a special school, so maybe a book...?

Either way I think they will make it truly unique and same goes for the game's logo.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2912 Posted: 20:46:20 02/04/2016

Original Spell Punk Library still upsets me for not existing ;w; We finally had a level that's as weird and amazing as TFB's concepts and it just gets shot down(no offense to the rest,but you can tell they're from different creators - not so much the original concepts for this one).

I noticed a day ago that there was a concept drawing for a koala skylander but it has been removed. Maybe we will see him in the next game ;-)
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#2913 Posted: 21:05:18 02/04/2016
Quote: Snap Shot

I noticed a day ago that there was a concept drawing for a koala skylander but it has been removed. Maybe we will see him in the next game ;-)

That's actually one of Smash Hit's prototype sketches (guess you are talking about the Life koala-like character who uses various types of wheels as weapons).

Could be though it's not like they never brought back scrapped designs before. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2914 Posted: 21:07:55 02/04/2016
Dave said those are approved by legal so they might've gone back on releasing that art since the devs could still consider him. Though all the Spell Punk Library original stuff is there, and it seemed like they weren't going to say a word on it in the level video :I
---
#2915 Posted: 21:09:06 02/04/2016
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Snap Shot

That's actually one of Smash Hit's prototype sketches (guess you are talking about the Life koala-like character who uses various types of wheels as weapons).

Could be though it's not like they never brought back scrapped designs before. smilie

The wheel weapon was pretty rad. I'd love to see that again. It's similar to Tread Head, but I'm sure they could make it different enough.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2916 Posted: 21:15:47 02/04/2016
Indeed, they could make him bounce it around, or even jump on or inside it (mixing Tread Head and Rocky Roll's gameplay).
I would personally see it more fitting for either Earth or Tech though since it kinda gives me the impression they used wheels just because of the game's theme.

The smaller ones looked more like bolas and we've definitely never seen such weapons yet.
Could fit very well a Life hunter Skylander.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2917 Posted: 21:21:16 02/04/2016
Seems like the twitters dropped the subject,working hours and all for some. But man, I don't even mind, it feels so good to know there's something in the horizon and not months away like Battlecast or 6kylanders.
---
#2918 Posted: 21:26:49 02/04/2016
Seems like the twitters dropped the subject,working hours and all for some. But man, I don't even mind, it feels so good to know there's something in the horizon and not months away like Battlecast or 6kylanders.

Also crushed Gamemaster's thoughts on the show just being cancelled all together!
---
#2919 Posted: 21:30:39 02/04/2016
Though confirming we're getting previews now but the actual show will take a while,since just now they started recording and had the script finalized. But hey, it's SOMETHING, we had 4 months of nothing other than figures and the occasional tidbit.

Also please be CN or Discovery Family as the network, Nickelodeon will do everything in their power to destroy what's precious if given the chance.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:15 02/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2920 Posted: 21:41:11 02/04/2016
Though confirming we're getting previews now but the actual show will take a while,since just now they started recording and had the script finalized. But hey, it's SOMETHING, we had 4 months of nothing other than figures and the occasional tidbit.

Also please be CN or Discovery Family as the network, Nickelodeon will do everything in their power to destroy what's precious if given the chance.

I'm thinking and hoping for CN. It's by far got the best reputation as of current for children's T.V. I'm also stuck on CN because I cant change the channel on the T.V. in my room, so if its on CN, I wouldn't have to worry about anything.

Any other channel and it might not fare well (Except maybe DF)

Not to mention, Acti got Jeremy Shada (The VA of Finn and AT) to promote SSC in a commercial and I think it was also promoted by CN itself.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2921 Posted: 22:02:01 02/04/2016
You think they would let Skylanders be on the same channel where their competitiors (LEGO) are also on?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#2922 Posted: 22:05:22 02/04/2016
Quote: Aura24
You think they would let Skylanders be on the same channel where their competitiors (LEGO) are also on?

II doubt it'd be such a big deal, TBFH.
---
#2923 Posted: 22:11:32 02/04/2016
Unless they're being naive that Nick totes is not going to shove its schedule into the worst possible ratings it can get, they'll probably take a channel with reputation no matter who else's on it unless it was another TTL focused show.
---
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#2924 Posted: 11:24:03 03/04/2016
Hope for a bonus DVD/BD with the pilot with Sky 6.
#2925 Posted: 14:29:45 04/04/2016
Eric is back and answering some questions!

Quote:
Mike-Na Charge *****@mikenacharge 11 hHá 11 horas

Can't wait to see this! I have high expectations! 3 questions: Is it gonna be a kiddie show? What network? Patrick Warburton?@EricRogersLA
-----
@mikenacharge answers! 1) not really kids show; think Gravity Falls by way of Futurama! 2) network being worked out 3) we hope in Season 2!

Wait, no Flynn?

WAIT, NO FLYNN?

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:56 04/04/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2926 Posted: 14:45:24 04/04/2016
^Cute gif.

This is mine.

[User Posted Image]

'Cause hey, I kinda like him...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#2927 Posted: 15:06:12 04/04/2016
I don't hate him, I just think it really wouldn't be a good idea to have him in the first season while it's all setting up. One thing he's for sure is distracting and spotlight hogging, so if they're aiming for plot is better to do it like the comics and leave humor to other characters.

Unless they just changed VAs, then nobody wins.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:42 04/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2928 Posted: 15:10:07 04/04/2016
I think he'll b in it. No reason to not have him.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2929 Posted: 16:00:38 04/04/2016
Please not be on crapelodeon
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2930 Posted: 19:45:04 04/04/2016
Well, the channel doesn't matter to be since I only have freeview... smilie

*Sobs in the corner*
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2931 Posted: 19:55:58 04/04/2016
Quote:
1) not really kids show; think Gravity Falls by way of Futurama! 2) network being worked out 3) we hope in Season 2!

[User Posted Image]

#1 combined with no Flynn... they have my attention!
#2932 Posted: 20:18:54 04/04/2016
So I'm guessing that means it'll have the general tone of Gravity Falls, but the humor of Futurama?

My interest is peaked...
---
Check this out! Please?
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#2933 Posted: 21:14:41 04/04/2016
Now I can picture parents complaining that the show is "too dark and edgy"...
---
Meh.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2934 Posted: 21:20:45 04/04/2016
Quote: DeathBlade
Now I can picture parents complaining that the show is "too dark and edgy"...

If they were fine with Superchargers tone, they should be fine with a more Gravity Fallsish tone.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2935 Posted: 23:12:17 04/04/2016
Quote:
Mike-Na Charge ***@mikenacharge

Can't wait to see this! I have high expectations! 3 questions: Is it gonna be a kiddie show? What network? Patrick Warburton?@EricRogersLA
-----
@mikenacharge answers! 1) not really kids show; think Gravity Falls by way of Futurama! 2) network being worked out 3) we hope in Season 2!

HOOOOOLLLLLYYYYY CRAPPPPPPPPP
#2936 Posted: 00:55:51 05/04/2016
Ok wot is this

I'm okay with youtubers getting involved if the writing doesn't get hurt,but this guy never did anything big on Skylanders...? Unless he's an actual VA. Anyone who knows DiamondMinecart can give a heads up if he works on anything involving cartoons?
He said details soon but yeah just like SCL Matt I'm kind of confused. This guy could also be presenting the preview,dunno.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:58:43 05/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2937 Posted: 01:00:27 05/04/2016
Ok wot is this

I'm okay with youtubers getting involved if the writing doesn't get hurt,but this guy never did anything big on Skylanders...? Unless he's an actual VA. Anyone who knows DiamondMinecart can give a heads up if he works on anything involving cartoons?
He said details soon but yeah just like SCL Matt I'm kind of confused. This guy could also be presenting the preview,dunno.

If anything, he's probably just a guest star.
---
#2938 Posted: 01:02:42 05/04/2016
Yeah,but again,it's weird that they're getting someone who's at least not well known in our fandom. Kinda like getting Achievement Hunter to do Dark Souls promos.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2939 Posted: 01:04:07 05/04/2016
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#2940 Posted: 01:07:24 05/04/2016
Well, now I know they'll have my friend's attention. She's a big fangirl of TheDiamondMinecart and pretty much every other Minecraft YouTuber.
#2941 Posted: 01:11:23 05/04/2016
From what I looked up,he does exclusively Minecraft and the odd different thing. However,he also appears at Insomnia Games Festival frequently, and Battlecast was recently shown there. Probably just connections and someone didn't feel like getting Skyfamily and friends. Wouldn't blame Eric if he's trying an all-ages approach instead of kiddy.
---
#2942 Posted: 01:21:46 05/04/2016
^I think he did a let's play of Trap Team... in like, two videos...
---
Check this out! Please?
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2943 Posted: 01:46:12 05/04/2016
Here's the thing though, the target age is the same. By getting kids who know him to watch the show, they may secure a lot of long time viewers.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#2944 Posted: 08:44:02 05/04/2016
Supporting the previous statement, he told Yrocgames that he's planning to kinda infuse the futurama humor with a balance of that and action, as ambitious as that sounds.
Maybe someome ask him about the plot, if it's canon or what? No twitter here, and he seems open to general questions :U
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:55:55 05/04/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2945 Posted: 11:30:28 05/04/2016
Supporting the previous statemebt, he told Yrocgames that he's planning to kinda recreate the futurama humor with a balance of that and action, as ambitious as that was.
Maybe someome ask him about the plot, if it's canon or what? No twitter here, and he seems open to general questions :U

I like what I hear. I love Futurama's humor very much, so these are great news for me. It seems they are willing to give the show a more balance approach so that both kids and grown ups can enjoy it.

As much as I like it though, is difficult to imagine a Skylanders show with the same sarcastic context as Futurama. This leads me to think he may have been exaggerating a bit when saying that.

I'm hope I'm wrong though, and that the show will have a script similar to futurama. That would be great imo.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:31:22 05/04/2016 by angelg
#2946 Posted: 11:32:27 05/04/2016
Keep in mind Skylanders can get very dry in lore when they want to - Monster Marsh comes to mind. Nothing gets solved, Cali and the Skylanders are laughed out of town, Marsha never tells you that thing about the tree.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2947 Posted: 11:46:19 05/04/2016
I never realized that, but you are right. I guess I assumed everyhting was due to the villains and didn't stop thinking about the missing pieces.

Another important part of the show which will be hopefully revealed soon is what characters is gonna be centered at? Is going to be sort of the xmen show where is the same group of people, with a few guest stars per episode?Or more like a mix where a lot of character get the same protagonism?

The fact they have started talkng about it suggest we may get more important news soon.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#2948 Posted: 23:37:21 05/04/2016
Quote:
@CrystalBearer all new stories separate from the games... But we will borrow from their stories when needed!

I don't think he got the wording when they asked him about following the games, but from the looks of things will be canon but separate storylines, just like the comics and books.
---
#2949 Posted: 23:39:57 05/04/2016
Quote:
@CrystalBearer all new stories separate from the games... But we will borrow from their stories when needed!

I don't think he got the wording when they asked him about following the games, but from the looks of things will be canon but separate storylines, just like the comics and books.

That does seem to be the case. Good to hear.

Hmmm. I wonder if Bowser and DK could have cameos or maybe even a guest role? I know Nintendo wants to use their characters in more media now.
---
First | Previous | Page 59 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me