darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 55 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2701 Posted: 23:03:41 11/02/2016
Well... In that case it would be interesting.
He does seem like the kind of guy who likes to smile a lot. smilie
Don't want to say too much without trying him out in person, since the italian voice acting might make him sound really different.

Also, I think I understood better what Autism Speaks is... Well... Guess is some of those cases in which whatever you say should be thought carefully, right?
I think I don't agree with their idea BUT I respect the fact this is still done for a good cause.

A delicate question indeed, and this is definitely not the place to discuss it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#2702 Posted: 23:11:54 11/02/2016
Skylanders + Autism Speaks = Skylanders is dead smilie
---
Meh.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#2703 Posted: 23:13:11 11/02/2016
No need for hyperboles there. But man if the marketing team wasn't doing so hot,I think they need some restructuring again,stat. It's less the intention and more that someone chose the organization and thought "there's no chance there won't be a PR disaster over this!". Because seriously,just let tumblr get a hold of this, you WILL have one.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2704 Posted: 23:45:53 11/02/2016
Activision confirmed that SC performed weaker than expected, also confirmation on Skylanders 6 being developed by TFB -

http://www.businesswire.com/ne...arter-Full-Year

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/...ers-guitar-hero
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:47 12/02/2016 by Aura24
#2705 Posted: 00:13:00 12/02/2016
They're pretty much flat glass textures. Crystals in general look better in TT than here, dunno,reflective surfaces must be easily affected by small shader changes.

I'm still the most mad at the lazy whirlwind Blades has, why change it when it had perfectly good particles. If I wanted an oversized Whirlwind Diadem I'd give it to him.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:14:06 12/02/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2706 Posted: 00:26:25 12/02/2016
Quote: Aura24
Activision confirmed that SC performed weaker than expected, also confirmation on Skylanders 6 being developed by TFB -

Pretty interesting informatión here. They say the sales not reaching expectations is due to competición from other toys to life Games and casual gamers moving to mobile devices. This makes me think they may go with a massive crossover Of a famous franchise to compete with DI and LD.who knows,maybe turtle ninja,sonic,minions or how to train your dragón will come to skylands.as you can see this is puré,personal not proof based speculation.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#2707 Posted: 00:26:41 12/02/2016

I was about to write "great, now they finally might start to understand it wasn't a good idea, and create some proper Skylanders experiences in the future"... But then I read the article.

They really don't want to admit it was a failure because of how the idea was executed (and also because of the idea itself), don't they?
I appreciate they tried to bring us something new and fresh, even if I personally don't think it was needed but you can't expect all your usual customers to blindly buy your game when you change it so much.

Doubt these risults will affect Skylanders 6 but maybe V.V. will have the chance to learn from the mistakes made with SuperChargers, for the seventh game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:54 12/02/2016 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#2708 Posted: 00:31:14 12/02/2016
Quote: Drek95

I was about to write "great, now they finally might start to understand it wasn't a good idea, and create some proper Skylanders experiences in the future"... But then I read the article.

They really don't want to admit it was a failure because of how the idea was executed (and also because of the idea itself), don't they?
I appreciate they tried to bring us something new and fresh, even if I personally don't think it was needed but you can't expect all your usual customers to blindly buy your game when you change it so much.

Doubt these risults will affect Skylanders 6 but maybe V.V. will have the chance to learn from the mistakes made with SuperChargers, for the seventh game.

Actually, I think they're right this time, Drek.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2709 Posted: 00:33:10 12/02/2016
Yeah,tone is very 'it's not our fault,it's just competition!' Yeah, but you need to work around that,not brute force through with new and shiny and expect it to work with franchises that are looking at where you fail.
---
#2710 Posted: 00:38:46 12/02/2016
Yep.
I understand my comment make it sound like that was the only reason for SuperChargers weaker sales and that's not what I intended to say.

Competition is indeed an important factor, but they really didn't offered much opposition against them this year, for a number of reasons.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2711 Posted: 01:01:44 12/02/2016
Well, the power blues... i DID NOT see that coming. but it's a good cause, so i'm all in.

http://www.amazon.fr/Skylander...ords=skylanders
http://www.amazon.es/Skylander...ords=skylanders

both amazon spain and france show a feburary 26th release for the power blues. power blue triggs wasn't listed.

But the figures themselves look... erm.... hmm... mixed feelings on them.

[User Posted Image]
PB Gold Rusher looks awful. It's just so badly made.. oh my god... yeah, i will not get this. call me when the regular is out.

[User Posted Image]
PB Splatter Splasher looks okay. The blue horns on the boat is a nice touch, i was expecting them to be all white.

[User Posted Image]
THOSE EYES. I actually like this one, He looks good in game (from hacked screens/the back to the box from the ebay listings) and the blue tongue was unexpected and is fine by me. Plus blue flame.

[User Posted Image]
MY FAVORITE. Even though she's got this "end the pain" look on her face, the pearly goggles are good, and the blue-to-white gradient on her brush is BEAUTIFUL. I'll buy an extra for in box. smilie
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2712 Posted: 01:17:14 12/02/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I woulnd't say Thrillipede's personality is all EXTREME-ish. Its more like he's the guy who's always in a good mood who laughs a lot. He does laugh a lot in game.

Such as when he says "The spoils of WAR!" when he collects a wishbone/big gem in the game. He laughs right after sounding way to over enthusiastic on the word war, and it's kind of creepy actually.
---
Dead
#2713 Posted: 01:18:10 12/02/2016
Quote: mega spyro
I woulnd't say Thrillipede's personality is all EXTREME-ish. Its more like he's the guy who's always in a good mood who laughs a lot. He does laugh a lot in game.

Such as when he says "The spoils of WAR!" when he collects a wishbone/big gem in the game. He laughs right after sounding way to over enthusiastic on the word war, and it's kind of creepy actually.

genocideipede
#2714 Posted: 01:19:13 12/02/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: mega spyro

genocideipede

No, Zap.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#2715 Posted: 12:00:12 12/02/2016
HOLY FRICK YOU GUYS

[User Posted Image]

AMAZON.COM LEAKED SATAN

SATAN IS HERE

Dude what the heck was VV thinking while making this.

Five Nights at Thrillipede's confirmed anyone?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#2716 Posted: 17:06:34 12/02/2016
Quote: Kevin16
HOLY FRICK YOU GUYS

[User Posted Image]

AMAZON.COM LEAKED SATAN

SATAN IS HERE

Dude what the heck was VV thinking while making this.

Five Nights at Thrillipede's confirmed anyone?

Yep. Satan.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2717 Posted: 17:38:09 12/02/2016
The investor response was as anemic as the sales they conjured. Mobile has NOTHING to do with this---where's that silly mobile card game, Activision (Battlecast) or is it DUMPED?

Bottom line--people are getting tired of it all, and they are simply reheating the experience. add to that the fact that the gimmick itself was weak should help direct future initiatives. the gimmick has to COMPLEMENT the skylanders expierence, not destroy it. and it wouldn't hurt to ADD features into the game, instead of ripping out fan favorites like pvp, heroics etc. they've also taken out the idea of customization beyond the core powers. less depth, less use of past figures, less post game features, and too many variants most of which look very weak from a manufacturing perspective.

There's all my dissatisfaction with this game in a nut. and oddly, a lot of it has been a pile on of previous years. except more people are finally in alignment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:39:39 12/02/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#2718 Posted: 18:10:56 12/02/2016
Battlecast is coming out in March, not dumped yet. Seems like the NZ/Sweden launch was just testing,because now the game got updated to look MILES better than the half-baked UI it used to have on January. These used to be all text placeholders on some cheap font.

But it's incredibly silly to blame a TTL doing bad on mobile games. People who buy them are never going to quit over Candy Crush,they're going to quit for other console games because they're looking for action-focused gameplay. It's like blaming 3D plataformers being dead on FPS... YES,it happened that way,but it was incredibly dumb and now people are piling up on all the upcoming games coming out since they were pretty much starved of them all these years. No one suddenly decided collecting is for babies and they want to shoot the thing, they just got tired of so many from the same genre the same year.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:09 12/02/2016 by Bifrost
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2719 Posted: 20:00:44 12/02/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
The investor response was as anemic as the sales they conjured. Mobile has NOTHING to do with this---where's that silly mobile card game, Activision (Battlecast) or is it DUMPED?

Bottom line--people are getting tired of it all, and they are simply reheating the experience. add to that the fact that the gimmick itself was weak should help direct future initiatives. the gimmick has to COMPLEMENT the skylanders expierence, not destroy it. and it wouldn't hurt to ADD features into the game, instead of ripping out fan favorites like pvp, heroics etc. they've also taken out the idea of customization beyond the core powers. less depth, less use of past figures, less post game features, and too many variants most of which look very weak from a manufacturing perspective.

There's all my dissatisfaction with this game in a nut. and oddly, a lot of it has been a pile on of previous years. except more people are finally in alignment.

Nailed it!
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2720 Posted: 23:48:41 12/02/2016
They made a Valentine's Day video pff

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#2721 Posted: 00:28:26 13/02/2016
I'm not going to lie. The video angles and the usage of Supercharged With Love makes it sound like the characters are infatuated with their cars. There's a list of things that are not okay,this is in it.
---
#2722 Posted: 00:33:50 13/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I'm not going to lie. The video angles and the usage of Supercharged With Love makes it sound like the characters are infatuated with their cars. There's a list of things that are not okay,this is in it.

I think that's exactly what they meant.
But it's okay, it's simply part of a certain team's obsession.
All is normal. smilie

Could have used someone else instead of Eruptor (maybe Stormblade or even Stealth Elf) but Splat and Bone Bash Roller Brawl fit the theme perfectly.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2723 Posted: 00:35:02 13/02/2016
Quote: Drek95

I think that's exactly what they meant.
But it's okay, it's simply part of a certain team's obsession.
All is normal. smilie

Could have used someone else instead of Eruptor (maybe Stormblade or even Stealth Elf) but Splat and Bone Bash Roller Brawl fit the theme perfectly.

What are you saying? Eruptor is hot as lava. He's so handsome!
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#2724 Posted: 00:37:11 13/02/2016

Well Vicarious Visions is already probably in love with Hot Streak or any other mascot vehicles... I wonder if they'll all get married to their favorite vehicles once Sky6 is announced.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:40 13/02/2016 by TrapShadowFan
#2725 Posted: 00:38:14 13/02/2016
From that point of view, yeah,
Skylands' girls need their part as well.

But he's not the first SuperCharger that comes in my mind when I think about Valentine's Day.
Big Bubble Pop Fizz, maybe?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2726 Posted: 00:40:36 13/02/2016
I cannot continue the conversation without getting into not safe for kid territory, but I'll just say that the guy that edited this is either the biggest troll in the office, or someone who'd be at home in a booru.

The ones that come to mind in Valentines' day is Love Potion Pop Fizz. With that backstory, he has a mysterious person he's looking after, why not continue that story here?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:40:57 13/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2727 Posted: 00:44:07 13/02/2016
I cannot continue the conversation without getting into not safe for kid territory, but I'll just say that the guy that edited this is either the biggest troll in the office, or someone who'd be at home in a booru.

The ones that come to mind in Valentines' day is Love Potion Pop Fizz. With that backstory, he has a mysterious person he's looking after, why not continue that story here?

Yeah, or, to stick with SuperChargers, Deep Dive Gill Grunt.
After all, he has joined the Skylanders to look for his true love (as well as help protecting the Skylands of course), right?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:47:33 13/02/2016 by Drek95
#2728 Posted: 00:49:22 13/02/2016
Yup, in fact his quest mentions that even after 5 years and for Eon knows how long he's been working, they have yet to find her. It IS pretty much love if it's been long enough for the mermaid to have given up on him,if she isn't dead at this point, but he keeps on looking.(which they would never confirm,but who knows)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:48 13/02/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2729 Posted: 01:33:49 13/02/2016
Thanks Bifrost, now I have the image of Eruptor spanking it over the Burn-Cycle stuck in my head...
If he even has an "it"...

But anyway, nothing really of interest in the video to me. Just a typical Skylanders holiday video.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2730 Posted: 22:09:08 13/02/2016
Quote: Drawdler
so to anyone who has the power blues, is ddth's gameplay actually good

Pretty good. His primary is still to shoot coins, which act no differently than the past forms. Is you hold the first attack button, he shoots a ring of fire that you have to jump through (or use his third attack to launch through it). His second attack, he summons a ring of coins on the ground around him, and they do a little bit of damage. On the bottom path, these summon money that's on the screen, but it has such short range, you might as well just run over to it. His third attack, he summons a giant cannon, shoots out a little ways, and as he recovers he is immobile, so he's easily open to attack.

On his bottom path, his first upgrade is that if you press the second attack while using the third attack, he shoots up into the air for a couple seconds, then lands and does 70 damage. And like with the normal third attack, he has to recover. However, this one might have significant knock back, but I haven't actually tested this on enemies yet, because you seemingly have to have very precise timing. His second upgrade is just to summon food and gold when you use attack two. His final upgrade on this path is to hold the first attack when you jump, and he shoots tons of coins down on the enemies, but they don't do more than his normal coins.

His Soul Gem is that when he's defeated, he comes back once, just like Astroblast's. I haven't tried his top path yet, but I'll probably edit this when I do.
---
Dead
#2731 Posted: 01:31:36 14/02/2016
No, just because it's hilarious to think of inappropriate jokes in Skylanders doesn't mean I'll keep going after I'm done finding it funny.

On DDTH, sounds like a riskier Astroblast in general,really.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:32:01 14/02/2016 by Bifrost
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2732 Posted: 02:02:10 14/02/2016
They made a Valentine's Day video pff

[User Posted Image] VV Right now

ALL HAIL VEHICLES
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#2733 Posted: 19:20:36 14/02/2016
So, you know the news running around of some Sony guy teasing Crash?

It was on Toy Fair,and he's apparently from the company Activision outsources the Skylanders figures to(because if you haven't noticed they don't do crap themselves). Which, apparently too, Sony owns. This is all one guy speculating in Gematsu so it could be horribly wrong.

But,if Guest Star Crash is closer to being a thing and the internet is clamoring for him to stay out of it...
[User Posted Image]
I'll take note to stock up on popcorn.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:26:13 14/02/2016 by Bifrost
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#2734 Posted: 23:17:07 14/02/2016
^No one would believe that Crash Bandicoot is coming back after so many years. It's Sony what we are talking about, they don't have the rights anymore, they consider to get the rights back and since then we haven't heard nothing since that news.
#2735 Posted: 23:24:28 14/02/2016
The interview says otherwise. Won't link to source since it's grossly biased towards 'totally happening', but it was said by someone affiliated with them.
---
#2736 Posted: 23:28:58 14/02/2016
oh crap
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2737 Posted: 00:03:37 15/02/2016
If Crash does become a Skylander next game, I say we call the thousands of people that will obviously complain about how "they killed Crash too" the "Crashocalypse". Who's with me?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#2738 Posted: 00:06:49 15/02/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
If Crash does become a Skylander next game, I say we call the thousands of people that will obviously complain about how "they killed Crash too" the "Crashocalypse". Who's with me?

Crashmageddon
#2739 Posted: 00:23:06 15/02/2016
As I discussed with a friend, it would be incredibly stupid if Acti made the series absorb Crash too, and would feel straight up out of spite - having an excuse to kill his series too, and many years down the road whoever actually tries to use the IPs will have one heck of a legal disaster to have them separate.

Which is why I'm hoping for Guest Star. Can hand it over to Sony if they want it so much,but he can be playable for the joy of whoever isn't living in 2011 anymore.
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#2740 Posted: 02:06:06 15/02/2016
Crash should be separated from the Skylanders series. It's a different IP that it sort did relate with Spyro in the past. But, it doesn't mean they should stick together. But it's for the sake of the 20th Aniversary, i don't know what they are going to do with that IP.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2741 Posted: 22:04:17 15/02/2016
Regardless if I like it or not, I'm expecting some cross over moves from Activision which go beyong a few skymiibos. If they truly believe the low sales are due to DI and LD competition, they may think about adding famous characters in order to boost the popularity (and sales) of the franchise. In this context addind crash doesn't seem that crazy to me.

They could also go with other characters like TNMT, minions or how to train your dragon. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens in sky 6 or 7.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#2742 Posted: 21:19:16 17/02/2016

Small video showing the rigging tools used for Superchargers and a few examples. You can see here too the original version of the intro where Kaos still had the purple outfit, which we saw in the Maggi ad.
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 6241
#2743 Posted: 22:38:26 17/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh wow that really is quite interesting, I've been using maya for the past few months so I can really appreciate how much work went into it. I'm really impressed.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#2744 Posted: 23:12:52 17/02/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Thanks Bifrost, now I have the image of Eruptor spanking it over the Burn-Cycle stuck in my head...
If he even has an "it"...

But anyway, nothing really of interest in the video to me. Just a typical Skylanders holiday video.

Funniest thing I've read all day.
#2745 Posted: 19:58:56 18/02/2016
Friggin wow. If you think you can get your Quests and challenge cash's worth using the variants or loose for Triggs,Gill Grunt and Astroblast,think again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:29 18/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2746 Posted: 20:27:33 18/02/2016
Friggin wow. If you think you can get your Quests and challenge cash's worth using the variants or loose for Triggs,Gill Grunt and Astroblast,think again.

Oh, double pay-walls!
Nice! smilie

And I thought we could freely decide to get them or not, since it seemed they only unlocked tracks.
How stupid!
Another great idea to add to the greedy decisions Activision took this year...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:32 18/02/2016 by Drek95
First | Previous | Page 55 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me