darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 35 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#1701 Posted: 22:03:33 23/09/2015
Well, that'd be nice if it's not a problem for you. After the weekend rush the people that are far ahead in the game to do the boss battles seem to be taking a break today.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Kinsei Green Sparx Gems: 218
#1702 Posted: 22:04:48 23/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Well, that'd be nice if it's not a problem for you. After the weekend rush the people that are far ahead in the game to do the boss battles seem to be taking a break today.

It's no problem at all. Just give me about two hours to eat dinner, record, and then upload.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#1703 Posted: 22:11:19 23/09/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
So do we know when Wave 2 is out yet?

Not for certain. It's apparently coming out Friday in the UK/EU alongside wave 1 at launch. Then we've got Best Buy showing stock/sale dates of 10/2 for what should be the double packs. On top of that, we now have Amazon showing preorder ship/delivery dates of 10/4 for the wave 2 vehicles which suddenly (and in a few cases, briefly) came into stock today. So...soon? We guess?

Quote: Tigorus
I asked for sticky status but TTD shot me down smilie ...lol. He did link it on page one of this thread but people just want to stick in this one for what ever reason. I personally hate using spoiler tags. The game is solid...hell it's amazing. It's the most fun I've had since Swap Force...a little more so actually. Hope you get to play it soon.

Well, maybe he'll see my plea and review the ridiculous number of essentially blank posts and rethink that one. Honestly, nobody is going back to page one of any of the SuperChargers info threads, no matter how much detail is put there; I don't because there's never a note at the bottom saying what was actually updated, so if it's something relatively minor, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for or learning.

As for the game...yeah, it's solid. However, if you happen to get a bad patch (as I did on launch day), it will go to
heck (tee-hee)
pretty quickly. My PS4 automatically downloaded and applied the patch, but when I started the game, the portal would only acknowledge vehicles in this one tiny section about the size of a quarter. The same for figures, only in a couple of other spots, all close enough together that it was nearly impossible to get all three on the portal at the same time. My wife and I thought you had to have Hot Streak on the portal to get it to start up the first time, as we put other vehicles on first but Hugo kept hollering if we were there. Gameplay lagged, graphics were occasionally glitchy, controls were off...I was seriously wondering if people were just giving the game a pass because they'd waited so long. Personally, I about lost it as I bought all of wave 1 and all 6 starters needed to have everything at launch (and not have to chase it down, time is a lot more valuable than money when you have an infant) and nothing wanted to work right. Top that off with the starters not coming with any stickers, and I just had to walk away for a while. I later crossed my fingers, nuked the install and let it re-load (much later in the day) and everything clicked.

I'm honestly impressed at how well the game ran with the install/patch being corrupt. I technically had access to everything, it just ran like garbage compared to what we were shown at every press event. The only thing it didn't do pre-reinstall was allow Nitro Stealth Stinger to actually pull up in-game. It would pop up, show the animation of the guns coming out then say it was corrupted and needed to be reset or retried; needless to say, the game wouldn't reset the figure and didn't recognize it correctly until the reinstall. Still, though, hats off to the programmers who coded the game so tightly that even bad code ran the game nearly correctly.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#1704 Posted: 22:17:54 23/09/2015
Really weird too, since apparently the game was made first in the PS4(Treehouse dev kit was PS4 iirc). If it was a port it'd be easier to explain it acting this glitchy.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1705 Posted: 22:18:23 23/09/2015
OMG Doug that's horrible. Did you get a new portal? I had a bad disc back in Swap Force and exchanged it at TRU and I've never had any other issues. I'm on PS4 also and the game runs amazingly smooth. Frame rate is usually pretty solid too. I was also curious if it was by design or dumb luck that my Giants and Swappers automatically change ownership when scanned. I have to manually change Wallop but that's it so far. Granted I still need to scan hundreds more but so far it seems it will go a lot quicker.
#1706 Posted: 22:20:26 23/09/2015
I had to manually change everyone. Might be because they're registered in a X360 first,though.
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1707 Posted: 22:32:49 23/09/2015
I founds the money cheat
Use the magic items from past games (A few certain ones can net you roughly 120 coins per use in the academy)
Gather all of the ones that give you money and line them up next to each other
Then go to your system settings, change the date to any date at all, then go back to the game, rinse and repeat
You can even alternate between the same two days and the game won't ever notice
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1708 Posted: 22:56:44 23/09/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
I founds the money cheat
Use the magic items from past games (A few certain ones can net you roughly 120 coins per use in the academy)
Gather all of the ones that give you money and line them up next to each other
Then go to your system settings, change the date to any date at all, then go back to the game, rinse and repeat
You can even alternate between the same two days and the game won't ever notice

I belive repeating
Battlebrawl Island
umpteen times would be more entertaining than that, and would grant you a ton of XP as well.

*All the spoiler has is the name of level 5
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1709 Posted: 23:16:56 23/09/2015
Just repeating the News of the Soundtrack tread:
[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
#1710 Posted: 23:23:02 23/09/2015
Awesome news on the soundtrack! I've never been inspired to purchase previous soundtracks but this one is a must have.
#1711 Posted: 23:44:07 23/09/2015
Also,wasn't angelg or someone else asking if Thrillipede gets butterfly wings at some point?(upgrade spoilers)

I'm clearly seeing a pair in the end of his Soul Gem, it's too big to be from the beautiflies.
---
#1712 Posted: 00:54:08 24/09/2015
Is anywhere in Canada selling the Nitro Stealth Stinger? I want one but I want to avoid paying shipping fees if at all possible.

So I've tried to upload the video four times now and it stays stuck at 0% once Youtube starts processing it. I've left the most recent attempt up and will check on it in the morning. If it doesn;t upload I'll try again tomorrow before I leave for work.
#1713 Posted: 00:58:40 24/09/2015
No need to hurry, I've had my fair share of YT refusing to upload as well ._. Hopefully eventually it'll work, thanks for the help anyway.
---
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#1714 Posted: 02:09:23 24/09/2015
Quote: Kinsei
Is anywhere in Canada selling the Nitro Stealth Stinger? I want one but I want to avoid paying shipping fees if at all possible.

Don't think so. Yet. It could be we'll see it later, once a certain amount of time has elapsed on the Target exclusivity. Then all stores will get it much like we got Nitro Head Rush for Trap Team. Activision clearly knows the retailer situation in Canada, and if they got around it for Nitro Head Rush I'm hoping that'll be their strategy for the rest of the Nitro series.
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
#1715 Posted: 02:24:15 24/09/2015
No need to hurry, I've had my fair share of YT refusing to upload as well ._. Hopefully eventually it'll work, thanks for the help anyway.

The video finally processed! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFGIGFtKU8k

Quote: simonc1138
Don't think so. Yet. It could be we'll see it later, once a certain amount of time has elapsed on the Target exclusivity. Then all stores will get it much like we got Nitro Head Rush for Trap Team. Activision clearly knows the retailer situation in Canada, and if they got around it for Nitro Head Rush I'm hoping that'll be their strategy for the rest of the Nitro series.

Cool. Thanks for the info!
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3766
#1716 Posted: 02:36:46 24/09/2015
I am amazed. I am not even through with the game and my Fiesta is already level 20 and just 2 powers away from bein fully upgraded. A certain level give XP like crazy.
---
Hahahahaha
#1717 Posted: 02:39:01 24/09/2015
Oh, so the songs stay the same, but the villains get new lines, it's alright if you really want their powers, I guess. You can also see the vehicle names... Glitter Glider isn't the first thing I'd call a boat.

Thanks so much,Kinsei!
---
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7069
#1718 Posted: 04:46:46 24/09/2015
Remember all of the original discussion of Hot Streak being called Hot Steak? Well, apparently there is a Skystones card actually called Hot Steak. There's some irony for you.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#1719 Posted: 06:33:59 24/09/2015
It's a strong skystone, but be careful! Its ability "make the board sizzle" can sometimes result in your opponent getting it.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#1720 Posted: 07:34:22 24/09/2015
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Remember all of the original discussion of Hot Streak being called Hot Steak? Well, apparently there is a Skystones card actually called Hot Steak. There's some irony for you.

-vm

Not irony, they had time to make it a thing when that meme took off... And they said that they were "listening to their fans", so...

PS: I love how there is all kinds of stuff to do, I mean, it's been four days, and I think I've only explored around half there is to do!
I don't have a sky vehicle yet, but I should by this Saturday, I'm able to do sky races with my Kaos Trophy, but I'm locked out of sky zones... I have 3 supercharged challenges unlocked, and they're TOUGH... Easy to learn, hard to master is appropriate... DK's challenge left me struggling to reach the 1 star threshold, and I barely hit 2 stars on Gill Grunt's after about 5 tries (well, not barely, beat it by about 15,000, but I've got a long way to go before I reach 3 stars...
I have all the land vehicle stars that I can obtain without the Land Trophy, (6 from single races, and 6 from time trials), I have 27 out of 42 Sea Stars (I've only done one of the Sea singles on "hard", and have only beaten one time trial, which I ONLY do on hard, because there's no need to waste time working my way up to "normal"'s time threshold, if I beat hard on my first try, that was a waste of time, and I need to work my way up to hard eventually and you might as well practice for it where it'll actually count when you succeed...) I'm still not confident in my ability to tackle the world stage yet, so I won't be racing online just yet... Maybe next week...
I already have
out of
hats (missing
Countdown
) all
story scrolls, all the treasures apart from those obtained from Magic Items, all the Skystones except one regular stone (and I need an air vehicle to beat the zone needed to activate the Skystones opponent in
Vault of the Ancients
) and the gold ones (I have 8 of those [i've only added the doom raiders I own, plus Pain-Yatta, just not all of them])
I'm missing a few collection-related emblems, and I'm missing at LEAST 13 for the "Relic Seeker" emblem, Assuming the final rank is next... (If I'm right, next one's second to last) so unfortunately, I believe having all the Gold Skystones, and the Magic Item Legendary Treasures, are most likely required to max out the emblems... Unless you've gotten every battle, adventure, and expansion pack, and one of every Trap, and have kept your old copy of Trap Team, and got your hands on Volcanic Vault, well... Good luck smilie
This game is a blast... I feel satisfied with the game, but dissatisfied at the same time... It's a great game, but I feel like something's missing... It feels like Skylanders still, but it's still missing... Something... In some ways, it feels even LESS like Skylanders than SWAP Force... But there are parts where that feeling goes away... (Kaos doing the
opening and ending speeches
and Moneybone doing the
tutorial voice [albeit inadvertently and through tech instead of magic]
normally done by Eon is a nice touch, it shows a stark contrast to the point of duality,
Kaos
even does the
"still tons to do" part that the respective npcs normally do

Kaos seems to actually display desires and goals other than conquest, and I don't mean when the darkness is manipulating him... He doesn't want to obliterate his own home, even if it means conquering countless other worlds, according to Glumshanks, he's genuinely grateful that you helped him... And I detect a hint of Envy towards Eon for overseeing your Portal Master training, "because you INSIST on becoming a GOOD portal master"

)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1721 Posted: 08:12:40 24/09/2015
Also,wasn't angelg or someone else asking if Thrillipede gets butterfly wings at some point?(upgrade spoilers)

I'm clearly seeing a pair in the end of his Soul Gem, it's too big to be from the beautiflies.

Yes!I have asked this a few times already smilie. OMG,
if he finally ends up having wings as his final upgrade, I'm gonna so much get him!
. That would be soooooo cool.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:16:41 24/09/2015 by angelg
TTD Hunter Gems: 6241
#1722 Posted: 11:15:59 24/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Seen as many of you want the spoiler topic to become sticky, I'll do it. Just a bit worried about the clutter of sticky topics at the top.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#1723 Posted: 11:41:16 24/09/2015
Unsticky the [closed] topics.

And for a topic that shouldhave no spoilers, every single post here has spoiler tags...
- Unreall
#1724 Posted: 12:43:14 24/09/2015
Quote: angelg

That's the Soul Gem,so final upgrade no matter the path... Unless it's like some others where the soul gem looks like another upgrade in a path.

Unreallystic,we're being respectful about spoilers but the PSA is for new users - before it was around we did have some people putting level names on the titles like the game was already out.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#1725 Posted: 13:19:59 24/09/2015
Oh, naw I'm just saying this thread has become nothing BUT spoilers in some capacity. Like I've had the game since launch but have onyl had the time to clear the first level so I'm avoiding spoilers, but literally every post in this thread has says 'Reveal Spoiler', making the 'general discussion thread' pretty much a 'spoiler' thread as I can't read anything (smilie)'
- Unreall
#1726 Posted: 13:22:34 24/09/2015
Well,yeah, that's why there's a Spoiler Thread now. But the PSA is better off staying since there are always new users around unfamiliar with the rules.
Maybe if we really need to free up sticky space,the one about fake leaks should go,but it'd be just our luck if someone started making photo edits again to fool people in here once again.
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 6241
#1727 Posted: 14:12:56 24/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Not long now, fellow Europeans! This is how I feel right now!
#1728 Posted: 14:56:47 24/09/2015
Kinda. After the first few chapters he stops being too obnoxious,if it's any consolation.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:11:06 24/09/2015 by Bifrost
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#1729 Posted: 15:59:20 24/09/2015
Just heard Wave 2 comes out tomorrow in the UK with the release? Is that certain?
If so,
WOOOHOOO! High Volt on launch! And Smash Hit! Maybe even the Astroblast pack, and Shark Tank and Burn Cycle!

^Not spoilers for the game, if you havent played it, its fine. Heck, I don't even have it, nor have played it or watched walkthroughs.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1730 Posted: 16:03:06 24/09/2015
Yep it's coming out here as well. Hoping to find Nightfall, if not I'll order her off of ebay.
#1731 Posted: 16:05:05 24/09/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
Yep it's coming out here as well. Hoping to find Nightfall, if not I'll order her off of ebay.

Looks like I'm broke.
---
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#1732 Posted: 16:34:04 24/09/2015
Quote: LittleWizard
Just heard Wave 2 comes out tomorrow in the UK with the release? Is that certain?
If so,
WOOOHOOO! High Volt on launch! And Smash Hit! Maybe even the Astroblast pack, and Shark Tank and Burn Cycle!

^Not spoilers for the game, if you havent played it, its fine. Heck, I don't even have it, nor have played it or watched walkthroughs.

Where did you hear the UK is getting Wave 2?
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
#1733 Posted: 16:37:04 24/09/2015
Quote: Balphagor_
Quote: LittleWizard
If so,

Where did you hear the UK is getting Wave 2?

Well, I saw that Deja Vu said that in another topic, and I wanted to clarify.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1734 Posted: 16:40:29 24/09/2015
I have one question, can PS3 players and PS4 players race against each other in online mode?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#1735 Posted: 16:54:12 24/09/2015
Really weird too, since apparently the game was made first in the PS4(Treehouse dev kit was PS4 iirc). If it was a port it'd be easier to explain it acting this glitchy.

I'm positive it was the fact that I got home and started it up when I did, virtually at the exact same time as everyone else who went out Sunday morning to pick stuff up, buy the game, etc. With untold thousands (millions?) of people all trying to download the same content at the same time, there's bound to be an issue. I would have expected the patch to do a CRC check or something before installing and booting up the game, but I guess it looked okay enough to push through. Killing it completely and reinstalling later in the afternoon cleared up all the technical issues, though. The portal reads everything everywhere on it without issue, everything pretty much instantaneously popping up when you drop figures on. The only thing that's still a little goofy (and I've heard rumblings about this across all platforms) is changing your vehicle & character when sitting in a race screen with the countdown dropping. My game (and several others' I've talked to directly) doesn't always register that there's been a change until after the race. Weird, but tolerable.

Quote: Tigorus
OMG Doug that's horrible. Did you get a new portal? I had a bad disc back in Swap Force and exchanged it at TRU and I've never had any other issues. I'm on PS4 also and the game runs amazingly smooth. Frame rate is usually pretty solid too. I was also curious if it was by design or dumb luck that my Giants and Swappers automatically change ownership when scanned. I have to manually change Wallop but that's it so far. Granted I still need to scan hundreds more but so far it seems it will go a lot quicker.

I didn't, although I did try another of the portals from the other starters that I bought with the same results. Ultimately, it ended up being the install/day 1 patch that was corrupted but not saying so, as killing the install and reinstalling and patching when everyone else in the world wasn't trying to simultaneously get the game going fixed everything. One thing I'll note is that while I did complain during the live stream that Matt and I had planned and voiced some concerns about the performance of the game (maybe too much, but after dumping what I did into the game and having it turn into a lemon I'd like to think I'd get some slack), the audience didn't really seem to care--they just wanted to see the game and have me shut up about any issues. Guess the die hard fans are as rabid as ever, be that a good or bad thing.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1736 Posted: 17:54:19 24/09/2015
Quote: TTD
Not long now, fellow Europeans! This is how I feel right now!

Lol, that was hilarious.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1737 Posted: 17:59:15 24/09/2015
Sadly I have to wait till Christmas to get Wave 2 and the Legendary Sky Racing Action which is literally KILLLINGGG MEEEE!!!

Also the rest of Wave 1 which i don't care too much about. Just Shark Shooter Terrafin, Sea Shadow, Dive Bomber and the Sea Racing Action Pack. WOW!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#1738 Posted: 17:59:40 24/09/2015
Quote: Drawdler
How do you change your Skystones deck?

Choose "Build A Deck" instead of "Play" when at a table.
#1739 Posted: 18:01:17 24/09/2015
Quote: Drawdler
How do you change your Skystones deck?

When you start each match but before it actually begins, you're given a choice to edit your deck before you start.
#1740 Posted: 19:24:09 24/09/2015
Checked Skylanders Inquirer, and it says that part of Wave 2 will be available this Saturday, September 26th. This includes:
  • Burn-Cycle
  • Jet Stream
  • Stealth Stinger
  • High Volt
  • Smash Hit

Unfortunately, no Nightfall and Triple Pack for now.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:28 24/09/2015 by Crash10
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1741 Posted: 19:27:37 24/09/2015
Quote: Crash10
Checked Skylanders Inquirer, and it says that part of Wave 2 will be available this Saturday, September 26th. This includes:
  • Burn-Cycle
  • Jet Stream
  • Stealth Stinger
  • High Volt
  • Smash Hit

Unfortunately, no Nightfall and Combo Packs for now.

But the combo pacs are available at (most) walmarts, and multiple people (myself included) have found them already.
---
Dead
#1742 Posted: 19:30:40 24/09/2015
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: Crash10
  • Burn-Cycle
  • Jet Stream
  • Stealth Stinger
  • High Volt
  • Smash Hit

Unfortunately, no Nightfall and Combo Packs for now.

But the combo pacs are available at (most) walmarts, and multiple people (myself included) have found them already.

Sorry, I forget that they are Wave 1, I'm meaning the Triple Pack.
---
Bruh
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#1743 Posted: 20:59:39 24/09/2015
Hey Drek, I think you'll find that one of the Rank 74 Portal Master Powers is VERY cool, something you've wanted for a LONG time... Just in case you consider those spoilers, I'll put it in Spoiler tags, but... It will NOT dissapoint you to find it out early, it'll probably make you even MORE hyped for the game! It isn't story spoilers, just so you know!
Skylander Tutor: All Skylanders can change upgrade paths when speaking with Persephone!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7409
#1744 Posted: 21:05:17 24/09/2015
Quote: juarmo
Hey Drek, I think you'll find that one of the Rank 74 Portal Master Powers is VERY cool, something you've wanted for a LONG time... Just in case you consider those spoilers, I'll put it in Spoiler tags, but... It will NOT dissapoint you to find it out early, it'll probably make you even MORE hyped for the game! It isn't story spoilers, just so you know!
Skylander Tutor: All Skylanders can change upgrade paths when speaking with Persephone!

[User Posted Image]

That sounds pretty cool.
I'll be glad to get my S1 and cores upgrade paths changed, though it kinda takes more away from the S2's+ since they don't have a unique feature anymore apart from their Wow Pow. But whatever, I was never that big a fan of reposes.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
First | Previous | Page 35 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me