Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Nicki Minaj says the VMAs are Racist
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Nicki Minaj says the VMAs are Racist [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#51 Posted: 17:19:49 25/07/2015
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
Quote: Metallo
Quote: Spyrobaro

You do realize that this quote itself discusses people?

Who's to say that a mind constitutes a person?

A mind, in this sense, can refer to a communal perception or a principle among people, which straddles the line between people and ideas.

Good observation, though.

You kinda did

Where?

In the sense I meant, a mind constitutes a common plane of conversation held among similar individuals. A collective set of values and priorities.

By the meaning of the quote, "people" are defined as individuals and their characteristics. Therefore, the meaning of "Small minds discuss people" is "To discuss individual qualities of people alone, in the narrow context of the people themselves, is a habit of a superficial, immature mindset among discoursing peers."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:22:44 25/07/2015 by Metallo
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#52 Posted: 17:40:17 25/07/2015
To be honest, why does this stuff even matter? People often talk about how little the Grammys mean and the VMAs are even more worthless, with the show existing only for performances, pandering, and sometimes shock value.

Also Taylor and Nicki apologized to each other on Twitter so this drama isn't a thing anymore.

Admittedly there's a song or two from Nicki that are decent to me. I don't really like any of Taylor's music.

Quote: Ice Dragoness
This is the truth.

[images]

Miley's video definitely was to have shock value. Yeah you can try and find more meaning behind why she was nude but it feels to me more like it was an excuse to do what she was already planning.

Taylor's video isn't all that great. It's no better than Nicki's. Same with Miley.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:45:30 25/07/2015 by CAV
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me