First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Dark Edition Starter Pack?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#151 Posted: 07:53:25 08/07/2015
Quote: darkrai848
I think this was a big mistake... For the first time in 5 games (4 and this one) I think I may not get all of the figures because of this mess. I bought 2 for ssa , 2 for sg, 3 for ssf, and 4 for stt (3 at first then the ipad version for $12 on amazon) but 5 or 6 starters... 3 of them are $100 each is way past the limit...

This is from some one that has every in-game figure from SSA,SG,SSF, and all from STT minus the E3 trap and the 3 as of yet released traps.

Apparently we're entitled brats...no one is "forcing us" to collect them all. smilie

http://kotaku.com/supercharger...d-am-1716198951
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:21 08/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#152 Posted: 08:03:40 08/07/2015
The way I have it worked out, if I choose to get a Dark Edition Starter Pack, I'd go for one of two combinations:

Option 1: Wii U Dark Edition + 3DS

Option 2: Wii U Regular Edition + 3DS + Wii Dark Edition

Even if both the 3DS and Wii U versions of SuperChargers Racing are the same gameplay-wise, I could use one for local multiplayer and the other for online features. I'd probably be more likely to pick the first option, though.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#153 Posted: 08:37:20 08/07/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Apparently we're entitled brats...no one is "forcing us" to collect them all. smilie

If you need to be told that from Kotaku then I can't even properly argue. A lot of their articles seem to be more or less 'how dare you criticize the devs' or 'how dare you NOT critizice the devs' when it comes to this kind of stuff and whatever's the bias of the day they'll follow.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#154 Posted: 13:23:25 08/07/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley
Looks great

[User Posted Image]

ALL OF MY YES!!!!
smilie this gave a nice big cut to my overall day one price.

Now it's 100$ (Assuming considering previous dark starters) to get Spitfire, Hotstreak, Donkey Kong, and Barrel Blaster (And a Kaos trophy thing)
And another 75$ for the 3DS Bowser starter Pack. (For Bowser+Vehicle+ Supershot Stealth Elf)

And best part, unlike buying 3 different starters, I get only ONE Supershot Stealth Elf.
I am so happy smilie.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#155 Posted: 13:36:14 08/07/2015
...I'm stuck *can't read link at work but I figure I know what they are saying*...

Like I don't think most of us have yet to admit where we tr4uly stand on the Skyklander fandom scale. If you have ever bought a second copy, you are on the extreme end. If you worry about collecting them all, you are on the extreme end. I say that to say no you aren't "entitled", but you have to remove yourself from the equation when talking Starter sets, the average family will buy one set.

I'm trying to figure it all now, this heavily messed me up. I want to get the game for the XBOne, but both DK and Bowser are my Nintendo mainstays...first Amiibo's I bought, I got two Bowsers, customized the second one to match my son's Metal Mario. Fortunately, we have two wii U's in our house (blame my wife loving Splatoons so much), to go with the 3DS and XBone. I figure wit hthe Kaos thing being bonus content, its going to have a decent resale value...so if someone wants to get two dark sets, they easily can, and then resale it at parts to cover their loss, possibly even breaking even (by no way am I endorsing being a reseller, just stating that financially it is very possible to get what you want without killing yourself).

Right now I'm thinking...
$100 a set.
TRU will most likely do the half price thing again or somethign similar, so 2 dark sets will only run you $150...with their credit card stuff on top.
I 'NEED' Dark Bowser, I'd like a regular Bowser, and I want at least one Donkey Kong *preferably one of each*...
I want Spitfire, not hung up on dark or regular...
I want one Kaos Trophy, will be resellable though, so buying more is fine...
I really want the game on the Tablet as well...I throoughly enjoyed being able to run it on the iPad, and my son's Kindle handled it really well. Sure some shadows weren't there, but it still looked TERRIFIC, and played true to form.
I do NOT care about Stealth Elf, though I like her vehicle...

So without knowing what else will be available at launch....
Wii U - Dark
Wii or 3DS - Dark (will pick system as I know what the game is like more)
XBOne - Dark
Tablet - Regular

Out of that, I will most likely hold off on the tablet until I can find a stupidly good sale...2 copies is overkill, 3 is just dumb, 4 is some derogatory comment not to be said in this forum. I will sale duplicate Kaos Trophies (maybe for $20 *shrug*), I'll sell the duplicate Dark Spitfire (another $20), as well as Dark car (another $20), and inswtead of $250 fo 3 copies, I would have paid $170 for 3 copies, and (at $20) fairly helped someone who wanted the dark stuff. After that, I'll just track sales until their is a STUPID sale again, to get my hands on a regular DK and Bowser - most likely getting Bower on the 'other' system that I didn't get the first time, and DK I'll yank out and sale the whole set minus him for whatever a fair rate would be.

Sigh...so much work, but its getting me excited to play as DK or Bowser...too bad DK doesn't look to have his SMB punch MUAHAHAHAHAHA
- Unreall
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#156 Posted: 13:58:58 08/07/2015
Quote: FireMeowth
It's a shame they didn't put Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf and the Dark Sea Shadow in the Wii pack instead of Spitfire and Hot Streak. smilie

I was thinking the same thing!

As of now i'm prob going to buy:

Dark Wii U
Dark Wii
Dark PS4

I'd hold off on buying all 3 but idk if this years dark editions will be like trap team or swap force. In other words will these be restocked alot or will they be gone by xmas??

As for regular packs i'll wait for hopefully another low cost sale near this time next year or I'll look on ebay for loose figures. Unless amiibo fans buy up all the loose bowsers and donkey kong I dont see them being too much hard to find loose.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:29 08/07/2015 by SlayerX11
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#157 Posted: 14:25:32 08/07/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
Like I don't think most of us have yet to admit where we tr4uly stand on the Skyklander fandom scale. If you have ever bought a second copy, you are on the extreme end.

Naw. I assume that virtually everyone who has purchased the 3DS version has also purchased the console version. I don't imagine there's a whole lot of 3DS-only Skylanders fans out there (but I'm sure they do exist). Buying two isn't extreme. Buying two *console* starters, yeah - you're probably in the upper 25% of buying fans.
#158 Posted: 14:32:36 08/07/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Like I don't think most of us have yet to admit where we tr4uly stand on the Skyklander fandom scale. If you have ever bought a second copy, you are on the extreme end.

Naw. I assume that virtually everyone who has purchased the 3DS version has also purchased the console version. I don't imagine there's a whole lot of 3DS-only Skylanders fans out there (but I'm sure they do exist). Buying two isn't extreme. Buying two *console* starters, yeah - you're probably in the upper 25% of buying fans.

I'll give you that one...that's fair. It's why I got so upset with the Tablet Starter last year, anyone buying the tablet version, most likely arleady has the starter from somewhere else, don't feed us more of the same two characters...even the 'digital variants' were of those two characters. Tablet users should get 'new' figures, it would help spur the sales of it.
- Unreall
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#159 Posted: 14:42:01 08/07/2015
Quote: Windumup
Looks great

[User Posted Image]

ALL OF MY YES!!!!

Now it's 100$ (Assuming considering previous dark starters) to get Spitfire, Hotstreak, Donkey Kong, and Barrel Blaster (And a Kaos trophy thing)
And another 75$ for the 3DS Bowser starter Pack. (For Bowser+Vehicle+ Supershot Stealth Elf)

And best part, unlike buying 3 different starters, I get only ONE Supershot Stealth Elf.
I am so happy smilie.

The 3DS Starter is actually only $65, not $75
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#160 Posted: 14:54:43 08/07/2015
I'm looking at 6 Starter Packs: PS4 (regular & dark), Wii U (regular & dark), Wii (dark), 3DS. But, only because of my completist nature. I always bought Dark packs and the only Nintendo console we have is the 3DS. Originally, I was going to just get the PS4, Wii U (for Donkey Kong), and 3DS. Now that there are Dark starter packs, I'm on the hook for the PS4, Wii U and Wii. I will have to consider how I will handle this. Of course, I could get a Wii U and all problems are solved.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#161 Posted: 15:42:42 08/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: TakeYourLemons

If you need to be told that from Kotaku then I can't even properly argue. A lot of their articles seem to be more or less 'how dare you criticize the devs' or 'how dare you NOT critizice the devs' when it comes to this kind of stuff and whatever's the bias of the day they'll follow.

I don't need anyone to tell me anything....including you. I'm simply offering up this interesting nugget. Deflect away.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#162 Posted: 16:58:36 08/07/2015
In all honesty, I think I might just get the regular starter pack. That is, the regular Wii U starter pack. Mainly for money reasons, but I dunno, I need more information.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#163 Posted: 17:41:15 08/07/2015
Like I don't think most of us have yet to admit where we tr4uly stand on the Skyklander fandom scale. If you have ever bought a second copy, you are on the extreme end. If you worry about collecting them all, you are on the extreme end. I say that to say no you aren't "entitled", but you have to remove yourself from the equation when talking Starter sets, the average family will buy one set.

It's really all about attitude. Being a collector doesn't make you entitled, having an entitled attitude does.

Non-entitled attitude: "This starter pack situation is so frustrating for me because I want all the variants they have! But I understand Activision isn't catering to me, and wants to entice as many non-collectors into buying starter packs as possible, and that's okay because Activision has every right to cater to whoever they choose. Still sucks for me, though!"

Entitled attitude: "**** you, Activision! You're ruining the series by having starter sets aimed at appealing to the casual market rather than the hardcore completionist collector audience! You should be appealing to me and my buying habits!"
---
Boop me if you see this.
#164 Posted: 18:38:51 08/07/2015
Quote: Muffin Man

It's really all about attitude. Being a collector doesn't make you entitled, having an entitled attitude does.

Non-entitled attitude: "This starter pack situation is so frustrating for me because I want all the variants they have! But I understand Activision isn't catering to me, and wants to entice as many non-collectors into buying starter packs as possible, and that's okay because Activision has every right to cater to whoever they choose. Still sucks for me, though!"

Entitled attitude: "**** you, Activision! You're ruining the series by having starter sets aimed at appealing to the casual market rather than the hardcore completionist collector audience! You should be appealing to me and my buying habits!"

Forum needs like button...

That pretty much nails it. Do I wish they had a second tier "Collector's Starter Pack", that focused on bringing it all together - sure as heck do, but I understand. I would pay a 'tax' if you will to get all the Starter Pack content in one package. Ironically I'd STILL have an issue because as mentioned, there is somethign to be said for a 'portable' set, but yeah just deal with it. If you really want to collect it all, then buy it all up and sell what you don't need. It's how I'll get my Bowsers...because yeah, Bad guys>Good guys.

Mario Party 10, proof that everyone wants to be a bad guy...
- Unreall
Saffycat75 Green Sparx Gems: 353
#165 Posted: 21:50:26 08/07/2015
Why couldn't they have made one Nintendo Dark starter with both characters and cars so that you don't end up buying the game for the old Wii and the new Wii U? That would have reduced the necessary starter packs some. Heck, I would have bought a WiiU super starter with regular and Dark versions of both characters and paid extra before I would shell out for two dark starter packs when I got rid of the Wii to upgrade to the Wii U.

I think we will have to choose one dark starter and forget the others which is sad as we have collected all the characters from past games, but this is looking like too much. We are waiting for sales to finish out Trap Team (we bought the Dark Starter day one and will pick up the regular once it's $20), but the Dark Starters are usually gone before the game gets cheap..... We are still seeing a few random Wii Dark Starter Packs for Trap Team around here but not for the other platforms.... With the exclusive characters for Superchargers, I don't see the Dark Starters lasting long....
At least they haven't announced any "buy the bundle with the console to get this exclusive character sets yet".

Quote: UncleBob

We buy for multiple consoles once the game is cheap so we feel like the characters were worth the cost. We replay the game after we've had time to forget it a bit and feels like we bought all the characters for more than one play through. When we upgraded to PS4 we kept the PS3, so it makes since if we can get the starter pack for $15 (on sale at Best Buy with Gamer's Club) to replay and use some the later released characters that didn't get much play time the first time through. We might be in the minority of players anyways though, as we don't have kids to blame our collecting on. We see Skylanders as a hobby, it's cheaper than some at least...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:09:24 08/07/2015 by TTD
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#166 Posted: 22:26:23 08/07/2015
At least the Wii U and Wii versions are different.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#167 Posted: 22:45:56 08/07/2015
And you can play the Wii version on the Wii U, too. :)
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#168 Posted: 01:11:14 09/07/2015
Skylander Boy and Girl YouTube channel has a video w/ gameplay regarding the dark edition starter packs.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#169 Posted: 03:27:47 09/07/2015
Quote: Wreckingball13
Quote: Windumup
Looks great

[User Posted Image]

ALL OF MY YES!!!!

I am so happy smilie.

The 3DS Starter is actually only $65, not $75

Oh, even better.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#170 Posted: 03:34:40 09/07/2015
Me? Both versions (dark and standard) for PS3 at TRU, along with everything else coming out on 9/20/2015.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#171 Posted: 13:22:22 09/07/2015
Instant buy! Now to pony up the cash...oops.

Kinda sorta bummed that they're going with Dark Stealth Elf again...but everything else looks solid!
---
This is survival of the fittest~
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#172 Posted: 13:30:57 09/07/2015
Target (USA) has pre-orders up at $74.99 ($25 discount)

http://bit.ly/1HkNeyf

Claims that they ship on 9/20, but I suppose might ship early?

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#173 Posted: 16:06:16 09/07/2015
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi

-vm

It was apparently an error, as by the time I got a chance to see the news and check Target's website, they were all bumped to $99.99/ea.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Zero Natal Green Sparx Gems: 371
#174 Posted: 05:07:52 10/07/2015
my wallet.... it hurts... smilie
acriley91 Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#175 Posted: 05:15:21 10/07/2015
Long time reader, first time posting. Just curious as to what people think the secondary market will be like for the items in the dark starter. In previous years I have waited until Black Friday, but I am worried about the availability of the starters in store (after what I saw with the trap team dark edition basically disappearing). I will likely want the kaos trophy and I also prefer dark spitfire to the regular version. I'm wondering if I should buy the dark starter and sell sea shadow and stealth elf or try to get the regular and buy the ones I want from the dark edition on eBay? Just curious what others are thinking about doing. I'm leaning towards just getting the dark edition on day one, I'm just afraid the dark sea shadow and stealth elf will be hard to sell
Zero Natal Green Sparx Gems: 371
#176 Posted: 05:21:38 10/07/2015
my current plan is to be a super crazy person and buy a starter, a wiiu starter, a dark starter, a dark wii starter a dark wiiu starter and 3ds starter....

then buy lego dimensions the next week...
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#177 Posted: 12:10:17 10/07/2015
well goona get wiiudark starter and a 3ds starter for 40 percent off smilie
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Saffycat75 Green Sparx Gems: 353
#178 Posted: 12:18:11 10/07/2015
Since Stealth and Sea Shadow aren't in all the packs, they may have resale value. With Kaos Trophy and Spitefire coming in all the sets, anyone who decides to buy more than one Dark Starter for collecting purposes will end up with spares, so they may be easier to get on the used market...
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#179 Posted: 13:17:03 10/07/2015
People, including myself, will be buying multiple Dark starter packs, thus Chaos trophy, Dark Spitfire, and Dark Hot Streak will be plentiful on ebay. Actually, ebay will be flooded with portals, Super-Shot Stealth Elf, and various game discs. I plan to buy 3 Dark and 1 regular starter packs at launch. The price on ebay may not be worth the effort, but there will be still be plenty on ebay.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#180 Posted: 13:41:21 10/07/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi

-vm

It was apparently an error, as by the time I got a chance to see the news and check Target's website, they were all bumped to $99.99/ea.

-Doug

Hmmm... it must have been a limited sale because it said $74.99 (reg $99) for the price. Bummer. I guess I am glad I got my pre-order in for one pack. Sorry man.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#181 Posted: 00:29:28 11/07/2015
It's probably a stupid question, but would Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf and Dark Sea Shadow work in the Wii U version of the game?
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#182 Posted: 00:33:21 11/07/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
It's probably a stupid question, but would Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf and Dark Sea Shadow work in the Wii U version of the game?

Yes they would.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me