First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Dark Edition Starter Pack?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#101 Posted: 16:05:10 07/07/2015
Honestly, I'm getting the Dark Starter Wii U pack, 3DS pack and the Hot Streak and the likely Spitfire single packs. I'm happy. I'll also likely get everyone on opening day. I work at Whole Foods and make a good amount of money and since nothing is coming my way in the next few month, I'll have more than enough for wave 1. I'll just get Regular DK online and maybe Dark Bowser as well.

Well, I bragged a bit to much.....
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:10 07/07/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#102 Posted: 16:19:28 07/07/2015
Story associated with the pack mentions Spyro. Would they do that if he wasn't the magic supercharger?

"Who are the Dark Skylanders? While on a special mission, a team of Skylanders discovered a secret lair where Kaos was experimenting with a new discovery - Petrified Darkness - which he intended to use to take over all of Skylands! In the fight to stop Kaos, the lair exploded, releasing a cloud of pure Darkness! The Skylanders knew they could not let it escape, so they absorbed the dark energy, transforming them into dark versions of themselves. Fortunately, Spyro had learned to tame the darkness within him long ago. So with his help, these Skylanders now have also learned to control it – combining its power with their own to fight Kaos and the forces of evil."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:19:52 07/07/2015 by Cicada17
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#103 Posted: 16:20:10 07/07/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
YOU HAD ONE JOB SKYLANDERS

ONE JOB

[User Posted Image]

If you watched the E3 stream, you'd know that VV asked Nintendo to use multiple existing versions of Bowser and DK, and Nintendo wanted something original, leading to the creation of Magma Bowser and that barrel mode for DK. Thus, a recolor, instead of an already existing version of Bowser, is more cost-effective and makes at least some sense for VV.

As for me, looking at the colors of the figures, I want Normal DK, Normal SSSE... and Dark Spitfire.

GameStop used figures, here I come...
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:24:25 07/07/2015 by Spyro7850
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#104 Posted: 16:20:38 07/07/2015
Quote: Cicada17
Story associated with the pack mentions Spyro. Would they do that if he wasn't the magic supercharger?

"Who are the Dark Skylanders? While on a special mission, a team of Skylanders discovered a secret lair where Kaos was experimenting with a new discovery - Petrified Darkness - which he intended to use to take over all of Skylands! In the fight to stop Kaos, the lair exploded, releasing a cloud of pure Darkness! The Skylanders knew they could not let it escape, so they absorbed the dark energy, transforming them into dark versions of themselves. Fortunately, Spyro had learned to tame the darkness within him long ago. So with his help, these Skylanders now have also learned to control it – combining its power with their own to fight Kaos and the forces of evil."

That's Swap Force's Dark edition backstory.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#105 Posted: 16:36:35 07/07/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Cicada17

That's Swap Force's Dark edition backstory.

Maybe someone was a little happy with the copy and paste over at Amazon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:01 07/07/2015 by Cicada17
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#106 Posted: 16:47:18 07/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Hey kids, you wanted a chance at early Nightfall over your 10th Stealth Elf? Well screw you, you get an unSupercharge-able Sea Shadow for your Dark SE! Enjoy your wasted money!

Maybe they'll pull the same move as with DK and Bowser, making Dark Stealth Elf paired with Dark Sea Shadow despite of their different elements (and despite their normal counterparts having different pairing). Would be weird and stupid, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point - they're doing a lot of weird and stupid stuff when it comes to the SuperChargers Starter Packs.

Quote: defpally
Thanks, just saw that - didn't figure they would go for a Dark 3DS version.

While that's true, they do have a Dark Wii with Dark Bowser + Dark Clown Cruiser (and just like all others, including Dark Spitfire + Dark Hot Streak).

Quote: UncleBob
Skylander's Facebook page:

All Dark Edition Starter Packs include Dark Spitfire and Dark Hot Streak. Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf and Dark Sea Shadow will be available exclusively in the Dark Edition Starter Packs for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation® 3 and PlayStation® 4. The Wii U™ Dark Edition Starter Pack will include Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Dark Barrel Blaster, exclusively. A different, unique adventure including Dark Hammer Slam Bowser and Dark Clown Cruiser will be made available on Nintendo’s Wii™ system.

This is even more of a mess than the normal Starter Packs...
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#107 Posted: 17:53:40 07/07/2015
Definitely getting both versions (standard & dark) for PS3 so I don't have to buy them on EBay.
Rather do that than miss them, since it's nearly impossible to find dark edition TT in stores. Plus I would have a back up copy of the game should something happen
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#108 Posted: 18:00:35 07/07/2015
No dark wii version on amazon... I want my dark Bowser smilie
Also no dark wii dark version on gamestop.com...
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:23:20 07/07/2015 by darkrai848
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#109 Posted: 18:31:46 07/07/2015
I'm going for the Dark Edition for Wii U.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:27 07/07/2015 by Iblistech
#110 Posted: 18:34:47 07/07/2015
Quote: Iblistech
I'm going for the Dark Edition for Wii U and 3DS.

Apparently, only the Wii version of SuperChargers Racing gets a Dark Edition, not 3DS.
---
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#111 Posted: 18:41:13 07/07/2015
Quote: Nightmoon
Quote: Iblistech
I'm going for the Dark Edition for Wii U and 3DS.

Apparently, only the Wii version of SuperChargers Racing gets a Dark Edition, not 3DS.

I'm just getting the Wii U Dark Edition then I might get the Wii Dark Edition too.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:44:08 07/07/2015 by Iblistech
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#112 Posted: 18:58:15 07/07/2015
Dark SSSE is disappointing to say the least. The same bundle, but with Dark Nightfall would have been perfect, especially if they had made a bundle with both Dark Bowser and Dark DK.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Shippin Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#113 Posted: 19:05:43 07/07/2015
I had it preordered until I realized that the second dark vehicle doesn't even match up with Stealth Elf...what's the point?

Regular edition it is!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#114 Posted: 19:11:07 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Just realized non-Nintendo users won't be able to use 8 figures now!
Ah, this thing is getting better and better.

And yes, Shippin you are right.
That way you'll be motivated to buy both Stealth Elf's helicopter and Nightfall separetely.
What a wonderful decision! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:39 07/07/2015 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#115 Posted: 19:14:15 07/07/2015
Well, as they said in their FB, we asked and they delivered. We were JUST FINE with 2-4 exclusive figures, but since we loved them SO MUCH, why not more? Why not more Stealth Elf since we also liked that?
Why not keep all the dumb decisions for future games?

...TFB's spite in TT started making sense now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#116 Posted: 19:19:07 07/07/2015
I'll be picking up the Wii U version.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#117 Posted: 19:28:02 07/07/2015
Did anyone else notice how the engines on the dark characters bases are silver, instead of the normal bronze? I think that they will change the engine color to match the kind of variant. Nitros (if they continue now that the targets in Canada closed) and Legendaries would most likely have golden engines on the bases. Or they could have it mean a bronze base is a normal Supercharger, silver is in game variant, and gold for chase.
---
Dead
#118 Posted: 19:29:16 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, as they said in their FB, we asked and they delivered. We were JUST FINE with 2-4 exclusive figures, but since we loved them SO MUCH, why not more? Why not more Stealth Elf since we also liked that?
Why not keep all the dumb decisions for future games?

...TFB's spite in TT started making sense now.

That was the funniest thing of them all!

If they truly listened to us they would have avoided many things and probably added others which aren't console exclusive palette swaps and unneeded pairings.

It's like saying "hey, you asked for something to drink so I used your money to buy the priciest wine bottle around which however isn't that good.
Oh, you simply wanted a glass of water...?
Well, this will be soooo much better!".

Except I don't drink alcohol.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:16 07/07/2015 by Drek95
#119 Posted: 19:31:40 07/07/2015
Pretty much. It's obvious they weren't listening, but they're really just making it worse by saying it was in any way the choice of the fans. Yes, people want Dark Editions, but not exactly spend the money to get all 3 of them. They like Bowser and Donkey Kong,but they'd also want to play it in more consoles or at least have them sold in singles.
Liking is very different from OMG I LOVE IT I WANT 50 OF IT. This forum is mostly collectors and people are already considering cutting down, imagine people who'll get like 10 figures every year. There's no point in 20 unique figures if a ton of the exclusive variants cost more than you could ever afford reasonably. Might as well go back to 10 required out of a lineup of 60 of Trap Team, at least they weren't EXCLUSIVE to starter packs.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:35:04 07/07/2015 by Bifrost
#120 Posted: 19:40:06 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
AND to game's versions.

Really I still don't know what's worse between Trap Team's and SuperCharger's lineup.
At least this game doesn't required you to get a lot of other figures to 100% the game (so far) but good Eon...

All I see is those 10 truly original brand new Skylanders being crushed by a ton of reposes, palette swaps, console-exclusive characters and vehicles.
"Balance", eh?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:54 07/07/2015 by Drek95
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#121 Posted: 19:45:25 07/07/2015
Pretty much. It's obvious they weren't listening, but they're really just making it worse by saying it was in any way the choice of the fans. Yes, people want Dark Editions, but not exactly spend the money to get all 3 of them. They like Bowser and Donkey Kong,but they'd also want to play it in more consoles or at least have them sold in singles.
Liking is very different from OMG I LOVE IT I WANT 50 OF IT. This forum is mostly collectors and people are already considering cutting down, imagine people who'll get like 10 figures every year. There's no point in 20 unique figures if a ton of the exclusive variants cost more than you could ever afford reasonably. Might as well go back to 10 required out of a lineup of 60 of Trap Team, at least they weren't EXCLUSIVE to starter packs.

Don't quite understand this mindset. Yes there are more exclusives this time around but this doesn't change the requirement of only needing to vehicles beyond the Starter to 100% the core game. They are simply offering more choices this time around. Exclusives in Skylanders rarely have anything to do with progression in the game. It's simply a collector thing and that's 100% optional.
#122 Posted: 20:06:22 07/07/2015
It's not a requirement and I'm not buying it,but I also don't like it at all. If I was so inclined to get these, I'd prefer them on singles if we're going to get different figures for all 3 types of Dark Edition. This isn't like previous versions where the figures were always the same. Some people want Bowser to play on the WiiU, but Ebay aside,they have to buy him for a console they might not even play on, etc etc. And now with Dark Bowser, yay, if you like the character enough get ready to get twice of that game you're not even playing.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:08:11 07/07/2015 by Bifrost
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#123 Posted: 20:13:09 07/07/2015
It's not a requirement and I'm not buying it,but I also don't like it at all. If I was so inclined to get these, I'd prefer them on singles if we're going to get different figures for all 3 types of Dark Edition. This isn't like previous versions where the figures were always the same. Some people want Bowser to play on the WiiU, but Ebay aside,they have to buy him for a console they might not even play on, etc etc. And now with Dark Bowser, yay, if you like the character enough get ready to get twice of that game you're not even playing.

Do people do that though? Not trying to be a jerk just curious. Why would someone buy one, let alone two versions of a toys to life figure that they couldn't use in game. That breaks my brain a little. I mean I used to collect Star Wars, Gi Joe and other figures but I new they were just a figure. These are meant to be used in a video game sooooo???
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#124 Posted: 20:14:50 07/07/2015
Quote: Spyro7850

ONE JOB

[User Posted Image]

If you watched the E3 stream, you'd know that VV asked Nintendo to use multiple existing versions of Bowser and DK, and Nintendo wanted something original, leading to the creation of Magma Bowser and that barrel mode for DK. Thus, a recolor, instead of an already existing version of Bowser, is more cost-effective and makes at least some sense for VV.

As for me, looking at the colors of the figures, I want Normal DK, Normal SSSE... and Dark Spitfire.

GameStop used figures, here I come...

They could have at least based the recolour on the existing Dark Bowser (and I mean, the only other difference would be the mohawk).

It's just a missed opportunity. Now Bowser has two "Dark" forms, and it's weird.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#125 Posted: 20:14:54 07/07/2015
Quote: Tigorus

Do people do that though? Not trying to be a jerk just curious. Why would someone buy one, let alone two versions of a toys to life figure that they couldn't use in game. That breaks my brain a little. I mean I used to collect Star Wars, Gi Joe and other figures but I new they were just a figure. These are meant to be used in a video game sooooo???

There's a thread for people getting 6 starter packs to get all the figures already. In this forum, yes.
You CAN sell them back used/loose on a store or Ebay, but you're still spending a lot of money instead of going for a nice Combo Pack with little hassle.
Also extra Stealth Elf. She's already out in singles, the price's going to plummet and you'll get very little back for having extras of her.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:49 07/07/2015 by Bifrost
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#126 Posted: 20:18:54 07/07/2015
My biggest annoyance is if you're a Nintendo-only gamer, your only option for getting every figure that works in your game is to buy a game for a system you don't own.

At least XBox and Playstation fans can skip the Nintendo starters, as the figures don't work in those games and there's no reason to go out of your way to get them (unless you "gotta have 'em all", which means you'd likely buy whatever anyway).

For weeks now, folks have been whining about how Nintendo fans have it so good - finally, it's full public knowledge, Nintendo fans have four Nintendo starters to buy and get to buy a non-Nintendo starter to get everything that works with their game.

Still think Nintendo fans have an advantage this round?
#127 Posted: 20:21:27 07/07/2015
Everyone loses this time, Bob :I At least everyone's wallets or expectations of cool Dark main skylanders.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#128 Posted: 20:28:44 07/07/2015
Quote: UncleBob
My biggest annoyance is if you're a Nintendo-only gamer, your only option for getting every figure that works in your game is to buy a game for a system you don't own.

At least XBox and Playstation fans can skip the Nintendo starters, as the figures don't work in those games and there's no reason to go out of your way to get them (unless you "gotta have 'em all", which means you'd likely buy whatever anyway).

For weeks now, folks have been whining about how Nintendo fans have it so good - finally, it's full public knowledge, Nintendo fans have four Nintendo starters to buy and get to buy a non-Nintendo starter to get everything that works with their game.

Still think Nintendo fans have an advantage this round?

What are you talking about? Why should Nintendo-gamer buy the other Dark Edition starters? And why get non-Nintendo gamer everything that works with their game? I don't understand what you mean ...
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#129 Posted: 20:44:08 07/07/2015
Quote: XSparxX
What are you talking about? Why should Nintendo-gamer buy the other Dark Edition starters? And why get non-Nintendo gamer everything that works with their game? I don't understand what you mean ...

Let me see if I can't clarify.

There are two figures, Dark Sure Shot Stealth Elf and Dark Sea Shadow, that *only* come in a Playstation or XBOX dark edition. These figures will work with the Nintendo games - is if you *want* eveything that works with your game, your option is to buy a dark starter for a system you don't have.

The figures that are exclusive to Nintendo bundles *only* work with the Nintendo games - so if you don't have a Nintendo system, there's no need to go out of your way to buy them.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#130 Posted: 21:06:11 07/07/2015
But at the same time, those are still just alternate color palettes of the same exact character. Most people will either just go with the dark version or the normal version, since they both are functionally identical. The only two sets that Activision actually expects a significant number of people to buy both of is the Wii U and Wii/3DS versions, since those have two separate games in them and are both on Nintendo hardware.

Basically, Activision expects the typical consumer to have the mindset of "if I buy the normal version, I won't need to get the dark one. If I get the dark version, I won't need to get the normal one". Of course this still doesn't explain Stealth Elf being in almost every version.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:04 07/07/2015 by Muffin Man
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#131 Posted: 21:09:39 07/07/2015
It's a shame they didn't put Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf and the Dark Sea Shadow in the Wii pack instead of Spitfire and Hot Streak. :(
#132 Posted: 22:31:35 07/07/2015
At least there's one positive thing about the Nintendo Dark Editions: Makes it possible to get both Bowser and DK without duplicate characters. Get one of them Dark (probably DK, since a lot of people seem to prefer handheld, which isn't getting a dark version) and the other normal. As a bonus, that also gives you the "same" three figures as the standard Starter Pack, 2 of which being Dark (and no vehicle/driver variant conflict), plus the Kaos Trophy.

Of course, that only works for people who don't care about the color of the figure, as long as it's the right character/vehicle. People like me, who want the pure original only... not so lucky (although, I don't care for DK, and only mildly curious about Bowser, so it works out for me specifically). People who want both the original and the recolor... screwed (outside of ebay)... Especially when adding Dark Stealth Elf + Dark Sea Shadow to the pile.
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#133 Posted: 23:33:29 07/07/2015

ONE JOB

[User Posted Image]

Sorry, it would be awesome but no.

Anyway...

Dark Bowser is the Dark Star in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. It Just copyed Bowser's powers and copied Bowser's DNA to look like him.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#134 Posted: 01:13:14 08/07/2015
At least there's one positive thing about the Nintendo Dark Editions: Makes it possible to get both Bowser and DK without duplicate characters. Get one of them Dark (probably DK, since a lot of people seem to prefer handheld, which isn't getting a dark version) and the other normal. As a bonus, that also gives you the "same" three figures as the standard Starter Pack, 2 of which being Dark (and no vehicle/driver variant conflict), plus the Kaos Trophy.

Of course, that only works for people who don't care about the color of the figure, as long as it's the right character/vehicle. People like me, who want the pure original only... not so lucky (although, I don't care for DK, and only mildly curious about Bowser, so it works out for me specifically). People who want both the original and the recolor... screwed (outside of ebay)... Especially when adding Dark Stealth Elf + Dark Sea Shadow to the pile.

getting both the dark wii u and wii versions give you extra dark spitfire and dark hot streak. so all in all one of the versions should've had a stealth elf but in a way they did it pacifies the xbox/ps gamers by giving her as the exclusive for those dark packs.

I can guarantee that the original bowser and dk will go for 40+ on ebay and the dark versions will go for the price of the starters for awhile. So keep that in mind if you're a completionist in how badly you want certain figures. The whole amiibo thing will make people buy these versions up now and put them on second market much higher. (I'd estimate those starters might end up going for 150+ after launch)
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:15:42 08/07/2015 by tigerdr
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#135 Posted: 01:29:48 08/07/2015
So they're still going to charge you $100 for this dark edition, but only give you that cup as being what they deem worthy of the extra money? At least in Swap Force you got five figures for your $100. Last year it was one extra figure but you did get the Kaos trap, so I suppose that helped. This time it's the cup, and that's it? Either their greed is getting more uncontrollable, or the black and silver paints are becoming way more expensive. Am I missing something here?
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#136 Posted: 01:36:07 08/07/2015
Quote: Eggers
So they're still going to charge you $100 for this dark edition, but only give you that cup as being what they deem worthy of the extra money? At least in Swap Force you got five figures for your $100. Last year it was one extra figure but you did get the Kaos trap, so I suppose that helped. This time it's the cup, and that's it? Either their greed is getting more uncontrollable, or the black and silver paints are becoming way more expensive. Am I missing something here?

you get the extra vehicle and cup so on my speculation i'm going to assume the cup is an adventure pack type item. that would be the only way feasible to cover the cost of the 100 bucks....though it's still a far cry from the other games where i think swap force had the best deal with 5 figures. trap team's was ok since the kaos trap and extra trap master. to be honest i think the past two games though that you are paying more for the variant color to compensate - the vehicle is 14.99 for super chargers so the cup might be worth 5 bucks? compared to the trap master 14.99 and 5 buck kaos trap from trap team. based on estimates.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#137 Posted: 01:42:17 08/07/2015
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: Eggers

you get the extra vehicle and cup so on my speculation i'm going to assume the cup is an adventure pack type item. that would be the only way feasible to cover the cost of the 100 bucks....though it's still a far cry from the other games where i think swap force had the best deal with 5 figures. trap team's was ok since the kaos trap and extra trap master. to be honest i think the past two games though that you are paying more for the variant color to compensate - the vehicle is 14.99 for super chargers so the cup might be worth 5 bucks? compared to the trap master 14.99 and 5 buck kaos trap from trap team. based on estimates.

Oh, ok. So the regular starter pack only comes with one vehicle? Forgive my ignorance, I haven't been following this game the way I had with the others. I just haven't been as into Skylanders lately as I used to be, so I'm still rather new to this SuperChargers stuff. smilie
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#138 Posted: 01:49:12 08/07/2015
Wow, this could actually solve my issue of otherwise owning two Super Shot smilie. Count me in! smilie

By the way, I'm prepared to refer to dark versions of Skylanders and Vehicles as "Kaos [blank]", eg. Kaos Spyro and Kaos Hot Streak. It makes much more sense to me, since those toys have a silver-and-black colour scheme reminiscent of the Kaos Traps and Trophy, whereas actual Dark-element Skylanders deviate from that template and incorporate other colours and/or patterns.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#139 Posted: 01:49:44 08/07/2015
Does it make marketing sense to include Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf and Dark Sea Shadow? Absolutely. Especially if they plan to sell Dark Nightfall and The Dark Helicopter separately. They want our money after all.
frightrider64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1744
#140 Posted: 02:14:23 08/07/2015
Am I the only one who calls the Dark Edition the Edgy Edition.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#141 Posted: 02:38:09 08/07/2015
Making Dark Editions for both Bowser and Donkey Kong instead of putting them in one package together.....its looking like this with "only 40 figures" is going to cost me/us the most..... smilie GRRRRRRRR!!!!! smilie Looking like in order to get all the starters in there various variations...we will have to buy SIX starter packs.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:39:12 08/07/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
#142 Posted: 03:22:35 08/07/2015
I think this was a big mistake... For the first time in 5 games (4 and this one) I think I may not get all of the figures because of this mess. I bought 2 for ssa , 2 for sg, 3 for ssf, and 4 for stt (3 at first then the ipad version for $12 on amazon) but 5 or 6 starters... 3 of them are $100 each is way past the limit...

This is from some one that has every in-game figure from SSA,SG,SSF, and all from STT minus the E3 trap and the 3 as of yet released traps.
---
Kickstarter:
Jesus Skywalker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1940
#143 Posted: 03:27:45 08/07/2015
I'm with you Darkrai. I have collected every in game variant and as a Nintendo lover trying to collect amiibo as well, I am at my breaking point. The Dark Wii version is already sold out on Amazon so even if I wanted to keep spending ludicrous amounts of money it's not even available anymore. Starting to feel betrayed by both Activision and Nintendo.
#144 Posted: 03:35:38 08/07/2015
Quote: Jesus Skywalker
I'm with you Darkrai. I have collected every in game variant and as a Nintendo lover trying to collect amiibo as well, I am at my breaking point. The Dark Wii version is already sold out on Amazon so even if I wanted to keep spending ludicrous amounts of money it's not even available anymore. Starting to feel betrayed by both Activision and Nintendo.

I collect amiibo as well, (have all that are out... cry for my wallet) and no Amazon never posted the Wii Version of the dark starter I know because I was there from the moment to went up for sale (they where never there) and gamestop has never even had a sku for the Dark wii version (been trying to preorder it all day).

Think I'm going to go with the Wii and Wii U versions this time, and if some of the ones I don't get end up used at gamestop in a year I will get them if not so be it...
---
Kickstarter:
Jesus Skywalker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1940
#145 Posted: 03:44:27 08/07/2015
Congrats on the amiibo, I still don't have falcon or the exclusives + fire emblem from wave 4. But on topic, thanks for that info on the Wii version, I guess if I just pony up for the three dark versions up front I can get the regular WiiU and 3ds down the road... It just feels so, wrong. Should be saving for an engagement ring as my girlfriend now hates my skylanders obsession
#146 Posted: 03:49:43 08/07/2015
Quote: Jesus Skywalker
Congrats on the amiibo, I still don't have falcon or the exclusives + fire emblem from wave 4. But on topic, thanks for that info on the Wii version, I guess if I just pony up for the three dark versions up front I can get the regular WiiU and 3ds down the road... It just feels so, wrong. Should be saving for an engagement ring as my girlfriend now hates my skylanders obsession

Was going to buy the 3 dark versions upfront like that, then I thought about it and was like I'd be paying $100 for 2 figures in the case of the ps4 version... And dark DK looks ugly any way.
---
Kickstarter:
#147 Posted: 04:27:03 08/07/2015
Quote: tigerdr
getting both the dark wii u and wii versions give you extra dark spitfire and dark hot streak. so all in all one of the versions should've had a stealth elf but in a way they did it pacifies the xbox/ps gamers by giving her as the exclusive for those dark packs.

Did you even read my post?
Get one of them Dark and the other normal. As a bonus, that also gives you the "same" three figures as the standard Starter Pack, 2 of which being Dark

Of course, that only works for people who don't care about the color of the figure, as long as it's the right character/vehicle.

Both normal = Duplicate Super Shot Stealth Elf.
Both Dark = Duplicate Dark Spitfire + Dark Hot Streak + Kaos Trophy.
One of each = No duplicates, but some are Dark and the rest aren't.
---
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#148 Posted: 05:04:41 08/07/2015
With all of these high priced Dark Editions, this is probably a good place to mention that with the Best Buy Gamers Unlocked thing, you get 20 percent off all new games, and with Skylanders, Amiibo, and Infinity, it works on figures, too. You can usually find a deal to get Unlocked for about $30, and doing so brings all Dark starter packs to $80, and regular starter packs to about 60. And then vehicles to $12, and Superchargers to $11 or so. It is worth looking into for anyone buying multiple starters. If TRU only does BOGO40, this equalizes all of the pricing.
---
Hail Sithis
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#149 Posted: 05:09:48 08/07/2015
I am buying 5 Starters

Dark PS4
Dark Wii U
Dark Wii
Norm Wii U
3DS

I buy Spitfire and hot streak in some other form either singles or preowned. PS4 is my main console my sons will play the Wii U version. I will checkout the wii version and play the 3DS version and the duplicate wii U version and figs will be traded/sold.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#150 Posted: 05:33:59 08/07/2015
Yeah, my head exploded this morning when I saw this. The different combinations of starter packs this year is insane.

I'm most likely grabbing the WiiU Dark Starter for Day 1, then either the Wii or 3DS regular starters during the first decent sale. That combo seems to at least result in no duplication of characters or game content.

If I look up last year's Dark figures on ebay, as a Canadian right now I'd be paying around $35 for each of them. That seems to be the better option as a collector instead of paying for extra starter packs (the dark starter is $120 CDN, which is another over-inflated price gouge).

I'm curious if the Kaos cup is a sign that there's additional toys that just haven't been announced yet - extra cups could be this year's traps?
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me