Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The American Identity [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 22:47:08 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
What defines a citizen under the good ol' Stars and Stripes? Is it white skin and a house full of guns? Is it a bloated beer gut and high blood pressure? Is it a pocketful of gadgets made by quasi-slave labor in Third World countries?

Let me introduce you to a very close friend of mine. We'll call him BJ.

BJ is full-blooded Indian, though his facial features look more Arabian.

BJ skipped a grade in elementary school (while he lived in another state, of course - we don't play that BS here). He has been hailed as the smartest boy in our grade since he first moved here in middle school, and he graduated as the Salutatorian of our high school class. He and I are going to the same college, which just happens to be our state's flagship university.

BJ also loves hunting, fishing, country music, and Xbox.

Despite both of his parents (and pretty much every adult in his family) being doctors, BJ gorges himself on junk food and goes to bed at ungodly hours. Fortunately, he's an avid tennis player, so his metabolism keeps him pretty healthy.

BJ parties with the popular kids and has done questionable things. But we all have, so let's not drag him through the mud.

While the rest of his family is Hindu, BJ considers himself Christian. He sometimes goes to church with some of his Baptist friends (the aforementioned popular kids).

BJ is a rigid conservative and a Fox News junkie. He frequently makes fun of me for being liberal. I've also shown him this site a few times when he was at my house, and he thinks you're all a bunch of nutcases.

BJ's parents are divorced. He and his little brother live with their mother. His little brother is your average suburban boy, loving Spider-Man and dinosaurs and even Skylanders. Surprised we haven't seen him yet, actually.

All that being said, BJ is an American.

He's also one of my best friends and I would kill and die for him. In fact, I consider him family.

This, my friends, is the American Identity. This is who we are.

We can't help what our government does. Not yet, anyway. But please don't begrudge us the chance to be your friend and partner in this global community.

Thank you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:02:45 28/06/2015 by Metallo
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#2 Posted: 23:34:45 28/06/2015
I'm not American
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#3 Posted: 23:57:11 28/06/2015
All I read was that he's conservative. He sounds cool smilie
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#4 Posted: 00:03:15 29/06/2015
Quote: Metallo
BJ also loves hunting, fishing, country music, and Xbox.

i already have major problems with your friend
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:03:57 29/06/2015 by StriderSwag
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#5 Posted: 00:08:19 29/06/2015
Tell him I think he's crazy too.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 00:18:46 29/06/2015
BJ? okay.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#7 Posted: 00:29:04 29/06/2015
Mkay~
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#8 Posted: 00:33:59 29/06/2015
I fell asleep. Was there a point to this?
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#9 Posted: 00:54:00 29/06/2015
Quote: Philomena
I fell asleep. Was there a point to this?

Trust no-one.

Anyone can be American, from that old lady you saw walking down the street the other week, to your neighbour's 5 year old son.

The world is out to get you.

Run. The Americans are coming.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 00:58:18 29/06/2015
BJ sounds like an awesome dude
#11 Posted: 01:46:13 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay, BJ read this and here's what he had to say:

Quote: BJ
Dark spyro has some trolls/assholes lmao
#12 Posted: 01:47:40 29/06/2015
Okay, BJ read this and here's what he had to say:

Quote: BJ
Dark spyro has some trolls/assholes lmao

Tell him to give names!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#13 Posted: 01:55:52 29/06/2015
"BJ is a rigid conservative and a Fox News junkie. He frequently makes fun of me for being liberal. I've also shown him this site a few times when he was at my house, and he thinks you're all a bunch of nutcases. "

So someone who has differing views = nutcase? OK THEN smilie

I would ask him about the SOCTUS ruling on gay marriage, but he'd probably say that God created it even though it existed well before Christianity.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:57:48 29/06/2015 by JCW555
#14 Posted: 01:57:24 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Hahahaha, I exaggerated that a bit. He's more of a libertarian.

But compared to you guys, he might as well be Rush Limbaugh.

He's just not afraid to speak his mind at all. And you must admit, that's an admirable quality.
#15 Posted: 04:39:59 29/06/2015
Also, Striderswag, this topic is proof that I'm not the only user here who brings up politics :^)
#16 Posted: 04:42:25 29/06/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises
Also, Striderswag, this topic is proof that I'm not the only user here who brings up politics :^)

You're just TRYING to pick a fight, aren't you?
#17 Posted: 05:00:01 29/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

You're just TRYING to pick a fight, aren't you?

Sorry for using facts to prove you wrong.

Quote: Sesshomaru75

Please shut up.

>doesn't know how to respond to a comment that annoys him
>simply tells the poster to "shut up"
#18 Posted: 05:08:19 29/06/2015

You're trying to start a fight, that's why I'm telling you to shut your god damn fat ****ing mouth.

Also...
>using greentext outside of 4chan

So you're trying to stop me from starting a fight in the most belligerent and antagonistic way possible, you sir are a top notch hypocrite.

Seriously, calm down and learn some coping skills.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:11:34 29/06/2015 by Mrmorrises
#19 Posted: 05:19:50 29/06/2015
So you're trying to stop me from starting a fight in the most belligerent and antagonistic way possible, you sir are a top notch hypocrite.

You always like to start **** and it's really annoying.

And you sir are a piece of ****. smilie

Oh and you think you're the most peaceful and pleasant guy on this site? Far from it, dude.

You've escalated to blatant flaming as seen in the bold. If you truly think I'm trying to start fighs, I'm sorry. But you seem to think that you can take the law into your own hands and say stuff like "shut your goddamned fat ****ing mouth," in attempt to "stop" me from "starting ****."

You seem to think that saying stuff like "you sir are a piece of ****" is justified because in your mind I'm an obnoxious little ass who likes to start fights.

Have you ever heard the phrase "Two wrongs don't make a right?"
#20 Posted: 05:31:37 29/06/2015

You're trying to start a fight, that's why I'm telling you to shut your god damn fat ****ing mouth.

Also...

youre such a hypocrite holy ****
#21 Posted: 05:33:15 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
BJ doesn't approve of this guys.

Well, he's probably playing Elder Scrolls Online now (all he's done since graduation), but I bet he wouldn't approve of this jackassery.
#22 Posted: 05:33:54 29/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

Also...

youre such a hypocrite holy ****

Please explain. I'm happy to listen as long as you're not gonna be outright inflammatory.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:34:48 29/06/2015 by Mrmorrises
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#23 Posted: 05:38:17 29/06/2015
[User Posted Image]
- - -
#24 Posted: 05:41:13 29/06/2015
My this topic has quite certainly gotten way out of hand...

Well, he's probably playing Elder Scrolls Online now (all he's done since graduation), but I bet he wouldn't approve of this jackassery.

Lol nobody cares about BJ (in spite of his name being BJ), they're too focused on starting the stupidest BS that they possibly can, it seems. I don't get it.

The S&N I know and would have jumped all over the guy's name being BJ. Next thing I know this mmrmorris - or whatever his name is - this guy appears and gets all snide about the slightest hint of the mention of politics.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so... inflamed, shall we say?
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#25 Posted: 05:42:06 29/06/2015
Guys, calm the hell down. Chill.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#26 Posted: 05:42:26 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator

Lol nobody cares about BJ (in spite of his name being BJ), they're too focused on starting the stupidest BS that they possibly can, it seems. I don't get it.

The S&N I know and would have jumped all over the guy's name being BJ. Next thing I know this mmrmorris - or whatever his name is - this guy appears and gets all snide about the slightest hint of the mention of politics.

I know. I was joking. :|
#27 Posted: 05:46:27 29/06/2015

If you really must know, that first post in the topic was a joke. There are plenty of conservative people I actually don't get along with.
#28 Posted: 05:55:03 29/06/2015

I know. I was joking. smilie

So was I for the most part. But really stuff got way too srs. Someone overreacted to something and the person that pissed them off sort of egged them on. Not very constructive behavior. :L
---
Mitt rox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#29 Posted: 06:07:08 29/06/2015
Are his initials BJ? Billy jones?
#30 Posted: 06:15:33 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mitt rox

BJ is full-blooded Indian

No. His name is not Billy Jones. Not even remotely close.
#31 Posted: 06:55:01 29/06/2015

BJ is full-blooded Indian

No. His name is not Billy Jones. Not even remotely close.

Just a random guess dude
#32 Posted: 06:57:35 29/06/2015
Quote: Spyrobaro
Turn it over little man
He took a trip, B.J.'s on a train
Far far away, he'll be back again one rainy day

I r8 this a solid 8.5 out of 10 plz continue
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#33 Posted: 08:43:57 29/06/2015
Maybe this whole topic should be deleted, and no other topics similar to this should be made ever.

Agreed? Yeah...
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#34 Posted: 09:03:46 29/06/2015
^Please.

My question to why people think myrmorrises should be banned has been answered smilie
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#35 Posted: 09:12:57 29/06/2015

I don't think I can like your friend, even if he is an Xbox ban.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#36 Posted: 14:03:04 29/06/2015
Quote: Trix Master 100
Maybe this whole topic should be deleted, and no other topics similar to this should be made ever.

Agreed? Yeah...

Do you mean no topics about American identity or no topics about politics?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#37 Posted: 14:20:24 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100

Agreed? Yeah...

The topic shouldn't be deleted. Everything was fine until Mrmorrises and StriderSwag started going at it.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#38 Posted: 16:07:11 29/06/2015
I-I don't-...

w-what habbened? e_e
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#39 Posted: 16:42:08 29/06/2015
Well this topic got fun
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#40 Posted: 16:48:48 29/06/2015
Quote: cowpowa23
I-I don't-...

w-what habbened? e_e

All I'm going to say is that it started with the Big Bang.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#41 Posted: 17:28:07 29/06/2015

*Says we're a bunch of nutcases*
*Plays a $60 MMO*

Yep, because we're the crazy ones.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#42 Posted: 17:31:04 29/06/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
^Please.

My question to why people think myrmorrises should be banned has been answered smilie

^Please.

Yeah he is an idiot nobody likes him

A couple of months ago I would've said that mrmorrises was largely responsible for creating all the arguments that he got himself into. His posts might have made sense or not, but his egocentrical attitude made people dislike him. He kept acting that way even though I'm sure he knew what kind of a reaction that would get out of some people.
What made it even worse was the fact that afterwards he even started to complain about getting ganged on by other users. Something which I'm sure was at least partly true from his point of view, by the way.

Nowadays he has cleaned up his act a bit. Though he still gets into arguments sometimes, I find myself thinking that it's not so much his fault anymore. Everything he says is simply interpreted to mean something negative. People can't handle his jokes without flipping out, whenever he mentions politics people accuse him of starting something again. Reactions towards his posts are completely blown out of proportion.

I've always held the belief that about 30% of the "social effect" of trolling is someone saying/doing something controversial, and 70% of it is people (over)reacting to that.
So if you're the one getting worked up by something, you might not be the one to blame, but you're still part of the problem. A mature person should be able to handle dissenting opinions without lashing out, even if they are tasteless or obnoxious. Just ignore that stuff and leave it behind you.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#43 Posted: 17:36:07 29/06/2015
Quote: Samius
So if you're the one getting worked up by something, you might not be the one to blame, but you're still part of the problem. A mature person should be able to handle dissenting opinions without lashing out, even if they are tasteless or obnoxious. Just ignore that stuff and leave it behind you.

This.

This so, so much.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#44 Posted: 17:51:06 29/06/2015
Quote: Samius
^Please.

^Please.

Yeah he is an idiot nobody likes him

A couple of months ago I would've said that mrmorrises was largely responsible for creating all the arguments that he got himself into. His posts might have made sense or not, but his egocentrical attitude made people dislike him. He kept acting that way even though I'm sure he knew what kind of a reaction that would get out of some people.
What made it even worse was the fact that afterwards he even started to complain about getting ganged on by other users. Something which I'm sure was at least partly true from his point of view, by the way.

Nowadays he has cleaned up his act a bit. Though he still gets into arguments sometimes, I find myself thinking that it's not so much his fault anymore. Everything he says is simply interpreted to mean something negative. People can't handle his jokes without flipping out, whenever he mentions politics people accuse him of starting something again. Reactions towards his posts are completely blown out of proportion.

I've always held the belief that about 30% of the "social effect" of trolling is someone saying/doing something controversial, and 70% of it is people (over)reacting to that.

People read too far into the stuff I post. Not sure if they're doing it intentionally or not.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me