Page 1 of 1
Boat=Sub?
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#1 Posted: 21:06:16 11/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So we know aboar the dive bomb sub and the magic goat girls speed boat. The question is are they going to be the same or different. Will the magic boat be able to dive under water? Or will there be diferent category's of vehicles.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#2 Posted: 21:13:55 11/06/2015
The Boat of the Magic SuperCharger it's a sea vehicle, but i don't know if it would have the same ablility as the Water Vehicles.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 21:28:00 11/06/2015
yea a boat going underwater normally means it just sunk. im sure thats just going to be something we will have to overlook, that or it has a cover for the cockpit.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4 Posted: 21:35:49 11/06/2015
Obviously it can do that because its a magic boat!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#5 Posted: 22:46:09 11/06/2015
Cockpit probably gets covered when it goes underwater
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 22:54:42 11/06/2015
Don't think boats will go underwater too.

What would be the point of creating submarines other than variety, then?

Even when not submerged, submarines are still inside the water for a good portion of their surface.
Boats are more "on" the water then inside it, so I would expect them to be able to make bigger jumps and be more meneuverable.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#7 Posted: 00:43:21 12/06/2015
I think the footage we've seen so far is of the Water-element Submarines-only zones. The magic boats will have an entirely different gimmick.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#8 Posted: 02:40:46 12/06/2015
Quote: ladala
I think the footage we've seen so far is of the Water-element Submarines-only zones. The magic boats will have an entirely different gimmick.

I do not think that is true. There are only three vehicle types, and we have been given no evidence that there are sub-groups. Meaning, there is no sea:submarine zone as opposed to sea:boat zone. We have been told that you can use any sea vehicle in a sea area, any land in a land, and any air in an air. Therefore, yes, the boat will be submersible. The playthrough of that generator area requires the vehicle be able to go underwater, a lot. So, the boat needs to be able to submerge.
---
Hail Sithis
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#9 Posted: 08:57:33 12/06/2015
maybe the boat will be able to jump out of the water higher, it would add some specialization to each. but it will still be able to dive.
#10 Posted: 09:46:32 12/06/2015
Quote: LordElohim

I do not think that is true. There are only three vehicle types, and we have been given no evidence that there are sub-groups. Meaning, there is no sea:submarine zone as opposed to sea:boat zone. We have been told that you can use any sea vehicle in a sea area, any land in a land, and any air in an air. Therefore, yes, the boat will be submersible. The playthrough of that generator area requires the vehicle be able to go underwater, a lot. So, the boat needs to be able to submerge.

From what I've seen (from the small gameplay segments not the longer videos), that sea area doesn't require you to go underwater, it's just an option.

When they were using Dive Bomber to pass over those spiky rotating traps they could either jump or submerge and they would have still collected Gearbits.
So I guess you could have both option if you have a submarine but only the first one if you own a boat.

Same goes for that generator's lasers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#11 Posted: 11:30:33 12/06/2015
During the walkthrough video against the generator, Lou specifically said that to defeat the third wave of enemies, you needed to submerge and stay under the enemy, so the generator would target it. If that is the only way to defeat those enemies, and boats can't submerge, then you would not be able to complete that sea zone with a boat, which wouldn't make sense.
---
Hail Sithis
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#12 Posted: 12:16:37 12/06/2015
I remember there being some confirmation that boats would be able to dive underwater, but not for as long as subs could. I can't remember the source, I just remember that being discussed in the forums...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#13 Posted: 14:24:07 12/06/2015
Quote: LordElohim

Start at 6:34

"We also have... vehicle elemental zones... Some vehicle elemental zones, like the Life zone, will have a play that's uniquely suited to helicopters, for example."
---
Thank you for releasing me!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#14 Posted: 14:43:00 12/06/2015
Interestng.
#15 Posted: 17:38:55 12/06/2015
Got it!

Thanks to what ladala said I think I got the problem: the area LordElohim mentioned can't be a mandatory one, since it has been stated multiple times you only need a land vehicle to complete the main Story.
So it's probably a submarine focused extra area, a branching of the main path.

That would explain why the ability to go underwater is needed.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#16 Posted: 17:50:10 12/06/2015
I think the boats will also be able to go underwater, otherwise why choose a boat over the sub that can do it all?
#17 Posted: 18:13:27 12/06/2015
If you buy the new Magic SuperCharger you won't be able to fully unleashed her true potential if you also don't buy her boat.

A weak and "cheap" reason, I know.
But also because of personal tastes I guess.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#18 Posted: 21:05:18 12/06/2015
I'm guessing that each of these zones will have unique content that you'll not be able to access unless you get all of the vehicles within segment (land, air, water). Just a hunch.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:50 12/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me