darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > I feel like some of you are being quick to judge.
Page 1 of 1
I feel like some of you are being quick to judge.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#1 Posted: 21:58:34 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
OK, I know people are weary of SSC, but guys, we haven't seen much game-play and when we did they primarily focused on the vehicle parts. My guess is that most of the levels will be on foot with driving, flying and diving only used once per level.

C'mon, this is VV here. They (mostly) make excellent gaming decisions. They would clearly know when vehicles are being use to much. Like I said I'm expecting the vehicles to be used once per level, like how in SF an ability was used once per level.

As for vehicle elemental zones I'm sure they can surprise us with them.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:58 03/06/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 22:06:11 03/06/2015
I also guess (and hope) it was just a choice to show vehicles so much during the reveal.

I would have personally gone with SWAP Force's reveal style:
a bit of regular gameplay with a well known old character, the introduction of a couple new Skylanders and then... BOOM!
All the good vehicle stuffs.

Instead we got "vehicles, vehicles, vehicles, vehicles, *platforming with revamps*, vehicles, vehicles, vehicles, vehicles *platforming with new characters*, vehicles, vehicles, vehicles, vehicles".

I think the actual game will be balanced but don't count on it too much.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#3 Posted: 22:07:35 03/06/2015
They're not perfect,just like TFB isn't. Not aaaalways excellent.

But really guys, wait for E3 before calling doom or glory. This is a trailer, footage of three levels that feel like the same one, around 7 characters. Benefit of the doubt is key,things get a LOT more clear after some more footage and interviews. Opinions set here are one thing,but it's going to change for most of us next week and on.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:47 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#4 Posted: 22:14:25 03/06/2015
Yeah doom and gloom and jumping to conclusions is what the internet is all about. To me though this is the first time where the gimmick has actually altered the game play (the next closest being Swapforce with the different movement and attack options). Super Chargers is truly innovating the franchise in a way we've never seen. Now there will be some that want nothing to do with the vehicular side of things (I say you're nuts btw smilie ) and that's fine and all but this franchise needs to grow outside it's usual comfort zone. With the competition in the Toys to Life being so fierce this year they need a serious "Wow" factor. I actually believe they have it now based on what I've seen. Hell at the very least they've got my pre-order.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:15:22 03/06/2015 by Tigorus
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#5 Posted: 22:26:43 03/06/2015
The first bits of gameplay I saw looked way too centered around vehicles, but after watching more gameplay, I really like how they blended them in with the levels. The new portal just doesn't feel like skylanders though... it looks like it would belong as a parking lot to a gas station or something...
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#6 Posted: 22:30:46 03/06/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
The first bits of gameplay I saw looked way too centered around vehicles, but after watching more gameplay, I really like how they blended them in with the levels. The new portal just doesn't feel like skylanders though... it looks like it would belong as a parking lot to a gas station or something...

Which is by design...I would assume. The beauty of it is, you can use any portal you want to, which is a nice perk. You'll need the Team Team one if you want to gain the upgrade and Smash card from the traps though.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#7 Posted: 22:39:27 03/06/2015
I'm still going to hold out before I fully decide my opinion. Supercharges DOES look like lots of fun. It does. I actually think the vehicle aspect is also cool. What is currently deterring me from this game is:

• No traditional figures...it's all SuperCharger themed characters.
  • You are FORCED to use vehicles. You cannot apparently do a fun play through with strictly Stump Smash or Flashwing for example.
  • Traps not being utilized for their original purpose. If we were to finally get villain figures in SSC, then that be fine if the traps still served some sort of other purpose. But it appears villains and traps have no playable connection this time around.
  • The game is so outside the realm of tradition that it feels like a completely separate entity.
  • The portal looks so uninspired. Like a car repair shop. Which I guess I get, but it's not very well themed to the franchise whatsoever.

There is still a lot to discover and learn. I anxiously await for what is still to be unveiled, before I decide what I am or am not getting.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:10 03/06/2015 by TOlofter
FlashbackJon Red Sparx Gems: 62
#8 Posted: 22:53:17 03/06/2015
Quote: TOlofter
You cannot apparently do a fun play through with strictly Stump Smash or Flashwing for example.

Well, you can... it'll just be Stump Smash or Flashwing in Hot Streak for a little bit. smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 23:01:28 03/06/2015
I have never been a fan of racing games to be honest, not that I hate them neither, but is just something where I wouldn't spent my time/money. I remember when I got my ps3 for christmas 4 years ago and it came with Gran turismo 3. The only day that I played that game was day 1.

That said, what brought me to the skylanders franchise was the characters, their different skills, their looks, their charisma, their powers, all of that was really appealing to me, I knew it was not going to be cheap, but I also knew it was going to be worth. Each fan has had their own motives to love this franchise: some got in for the gameplaya and others for the innovation, while others, like me, just love the characters.

Today, when the vehicles were confirmed to be a relevant part of the gameplay, a piece of what I love about the franchise (the characters) seems to have been a bit forgotten. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay looks great and I'm pretty sure the game will have positive reviews, but the characters don't seem anymore the main axis of the franchise. Sure, there will be gameplay for them, but we'll only be able to enjoy them from time to time, sharing their focus with the new gimmick

Why I want to say is that we can't blame the fans which feel a bit down because of the innovation, since the characters themselves have been the reason behind their love for the series. True, we can't really blame the ones which feel happy about it, since racing elements means bringin in a diversity which has never been before on the franchise.

Personally I woud have preferred an innovation which have evolved around the characters, maybe making boosters, custonization stuff or whatever they could come up with, because the feeling of driving a car seems a bit far from the magic that make skylanders a leading game.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:05:12 03/06/2015 by angelg
#10 Posted: 00:31:08 04/06/2015
Quote: angelg
I have never been a fan of racing games to be honest, not that I hate them neither, but is just something where I wouldn't spent my time/money. I remember when I got my ps3 for christmas 4 years ago and it came with Gran turismo 3. The only day that I played that game was day 1.

That said, what brought me to the skylanders franchise was the characters, their different skills, their looks, their charisma, their powers, all of that was really appealing to me, I knew it was not going to be cheap, but I also knew it was going to be worth. Each fan has had their own motives to love this franchise: some got in for the gameplaya and others for the innovation, while others, like me, just love the characters.

Today, when the vehicles were confirmed to be a relevant part of the gameplay, a piece of what I love about the franchise (the characters) seems to have been a bit forgotten. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay looks great and I'm pretty sure the game will have positive reviews, but the characters don't seem anymore the main axis of the franchise. Sure, there will be gameplay for them, but we'll only be able to enjoy them from time to time, sharing their focus with the new gimmick

Why I want to say is that we can't blame the fans which feel a bit down because of the innovation, since the characters themselves have been the reason behind their love for the series. True, we can't really blame the ones which feel happy about it, since racing elements means bringin in a diversity which has never been before on the franchise.

Personally I woud have preferred an innovation which have evolved around the characters, maybe making boosters, custonization stuff or whatever they could come up with, because the feeling of driving a car seems a bit far from the magic that make skylanders a leading game.

This is exactly how I feel as of now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
esrever Green Sparx Gems: 207
#11 Posted: 01:44:51 04/06/2015
I'm really pleased by what I've seen so far!

Starting with Swap Force, and continuing to an even greater extent in Trap Team, I've felt like Skylanders had lost one of its key appeals: being able to play as whichever character you liked best. Trap Team introduced a whole new wave of cool cores, but actively discouraged you from using any of them. After all, when you need 10 different Trap Masters to 100% the game, how many players (outside of diehard collectors) are even going to consider buying cores at all?

I am really excited to see a Skylanders game where there is only one "kind" of character figure -- where all 20 of them are equally-sized, where all of them can participate in the game's new "gimmick", and where all of them are equally capable of accessing locked side areas. (Because any character can drive any vehicle.) I think it's a great direction to take the figures. No more cool characters being relegated to second class status. Make the new annual gimmick line-wide, and let both the new characters and reposed characters participate in it.

I get that vehicle segments are not everyone's bag, but from what they've presented, it seems like a pretty logical extension of the SWAP zones and standard flying/shooting minigame sequences found in previous Skylanders games. And I like how seamlessly they've integrated it into the regular Skylanders gameplay (of which, I'm sure, there will still be plenty).
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#12 Posted: 01:50:31 04/06/2015
Where's the link to the Activision reveal? Saw SkyDad's videos. Vehicle sections look pretty interesting (and complex) and love some of the innovation villains (and intros are back yay)...graphics look even more awesome. Persephone is back and Rufus is nowhere to be found. I'm feeling better already. I agree with others that a general potential concern is the balance.

Still don't have answers to the questions I care about, though: online, heroics/quests

I see brawling, more puzzles, more skystones...those should appease those that want the same damn game every time. Good for you--you're going to get it. But, it looks like they are TRYING to mix it up...and to do that you have to take risks. The risks here look tempered and well placed. The whole idea about the gimmick is to take center stage, but none so far has tried to steal the show. I know the earlier videos are REALLY stressing the new innovation, but I think in practice they'll be slightly bigger than before but balanced with the level--we shall see.

As I thought, traps will have a token involvement, say goodbye to your villains. I'm surprised they used them AT ALL frankly.

And the portal design---is REALLY REALLY ugly. Looks very cheap.

Despite this...looks at least 200% better than Trap Team, and if the number of figures has tempered...I really feel like they ARE listening. I wonder if the number of entrants is causing them to temper their stocking equation to place safer bets. Just need my answers above for a green.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:56:22 04/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#13 Posted: 01:56:07 04/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Where's the link to the Activision reveal? Saw SkyDad's videos. Vehicle sections look pretty interesting (and complex) and love some of the innovation villains (and intros are back yay)...graphics look even more awesome. I agree with others that a general potential concern is the balance.

Still don't have answers to the questions I care about, though: online, heroics/quests

I see brawling, more puzzles, more skystones...those should appease those that want the same damn game every time. Good for you--you're going to get it. But, it looks like they are TRYING to mix it up...and to do that you have to take risks. The risks here look tempered and well placed.

As I thought, traps will have a token involvement, say goodbye to your villains. I'm surprised they used them AT ALL frankly.

And the portal design---is REALLY REALLY ugly. Looks very cheap.

Despite this...looks at least 200% better than Trap Team, and if the number of figures has tempered...I really feel like they ARE listening. I wonder if the number of entrants is causing them to temper their stocking equation to place safer bets. Just need my answers above for a green.

Agreed. Acti seems to have realized they need to take risks. Which is great.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#14 Posted: 02:00:57 04/06/2015
Eh, I think the vehicles should be fine. I'm guessing not enough Skylanders fans are old enough to realize Vicarious Visions developed Crash Nitro Kart waaaaaaay back in 2003. And I remember having a blast with that game (although the single player campaign was a bit bloated, but that's cause Crash racers suffer from Rareware Syndrome). While I'm sure a lot of the dev team from that game is no longer with the company, they've still got that background.

I mean, I'm still not getting this because I don't have the money or space for these games and it's never been my thing. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#15 Posted: 02:01:35 04/06/2015
Previous comment about the figures and vehicles is very spot on. They really got the mix wrong on Trap Team for those who only wanted minimal purchases...and this game gives respect back to the player. So wanted to go on record to congratulate them in taking the time to "do it right" the first time.
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#16 Posted: 03:55:27 04/06/2015
Honestly to me this one feels distant compared to the other games. It reminds me of the swap zones a bit but now you have to have another piece to advance. I think I'm going to skip out on this years installment for the main reason of buying the vehicles.

Also why is Kaos free? I thought we were going to see a new villain that would aid in his escape but unfortunately this is not the case.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 04:13:49 04/06/2015
Distant? Well, we've played the game four times now. It's going to feel that way without totally redesigning the game. I'd even argue they didn't go FAR ENOUGH in this game for that. Clearly, we don't have an open world, but we do have significant path divergence...I can totally see why some folks would see the vehicles as a swap zone challenge. Being able to upgrade and see the impacts of vehicles will be fun, and seeing what they've done to previous characters will be there...

It's also clear to me based on new figures that they recognize they are not pacing themselves well on number of characters. TT was egregious on number in the game. Unless they drop the bomb and throw in another 40 characters between now and go time I think 20 will actually be LESS than the first game. Very weird.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#18 Posted: 04:59:04 04/06/2015
Doo- uh, Rufus shall not return.

VV: Ah yes, we need all these nostalgic characters back... Ooh! It's our finest specimen, the Rufus that all kids love!

Acti: *Publishs game*
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#19 Posted: 07:53:48 04/06/2015

It's also clear to me based on new figures that they recognize they are not pacing themselves well on number of characters. TT was egregious on number in the game. Unless they drop the bomb and throw in another 40 characters between now and go time I think 20 will actually be LESS than the first game. Very weird.

i think the reasoning for less this time is because of a few reasons.... trap team didnt sell that well like the other games, they had difficulty to get enough toys out to the shops worldwide ( they finally realizing this after the 4th game). and now you have the new lego game, disney starwars and amiibos fighting for a store place. also these vehicles is big and have moving parts, so more plastic is used. the superchargers is also not the traditional skylander game so they take a risk with all the huge changes. that is the reason why we have less this time i think.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:57:30 04/06/2015 by CountMoneyBone
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#20 Posted: 10:43:35 04/06/2015
Unless they have made a significant change, the underwater and flying areas should be optional. No Skylanders game has required an additional purchase beyond the starter pack in order to finish the game. In theory, all of the vehicle areas might be optional, or if not, the game may provide you with a default vehicle.
---
Hail Sithis
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#21 Posted: 10:46:44 04/06/2015
Quote: LordElohim
Unless they have made a significant change, the underwater and flying areas should be optional. No Skylanders game has required an additional purchase beyond the starter pack in order to finish the game. In theory, all of the vehicle areas might be optional, or if not, the game may provide you with a default vehicle.

The only mandatory vehicle sections are the land vehicles, and the game already comes with one, and all Skylanders can drive it.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#22 Posted: 11:11:05 04/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Quote: LordElohim

The only mandatory vehicle sections are the land vehicles, and the game already comes with one, and all Skylanders can drive it.

Yes. It seems this time around the figures won't be enought to complete the storyline, you'll need a land vehicle. If you take a look at the gameplay footage you'll se that sometimes the "vehicles" gates are in the middle of the main path of the chapter, which means you have to go through it want it or not in order to progress. This has also been confirmed by game informer review.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#23 Posted: 15:29:04 04/06/2015
I was very worried before watching vids.

Watched vids and felt a lot better.

Realized what I saw looked like the levels of SF...got worried again.
- Unreall
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#24 Posted: 16:46:23 04/06/2015
They youtubers that were at the reveal said it feels very much like a skylanders game and not a racing game. Plus you can actually finish the game without a air or water vehicle
#25 Posted: 16:53:57 04/06/2015
Quote: SkylanderGoo
They youtubers that were at the reveal said it feels very much like a skylanders game and not a racing game. Plus you can actually finish the game without a air or water vehicle

Youtubers and press will say anything that puts the game in a positive light. A few of the interviews and footage have the person audibly stopping themselves from criticizing a choice or two.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#26 Posted: 19:59:38 04/06/2015
Quote: SkylanderGoo

You could finish ALL the games with what comes in the box though.
- Unreall
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#27 Posted: 22:12:36 04/06/2015
I am excited for it. The small amount to collect this year is good and it's clever what they have done with the reposes
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#28 Posted: 06:08:28 05/06/2015
I was already expecting Vicarious Visions to try and do something different with the core gameplay and I was right.

I expect TFB to give us more of the same formula they tend to do next year.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#29 Posted: 08:10:46 05/06/2015
The reason for less figures is clear.

Activision care about total numbers of figures sold, not how many different ones there are. Each new figure costs them a LOT in design, production and stocking. So for them less is better to a point.

Not everybody buys every figure. With 40 figures to chose from people might only buy their favourite 10.
With 20 figures to choose from people will still buy their favourite 10.

Activision make the same money selling figures but development etc costs them a LOT less. They have been tweaking this balance with every game, finding out how much they can make on figures Vs what they need to produce. Complaints about figure availability also have PR getting on at them to fix that issue, which is easiest with fewer figures.

I don't think it's a bad thing as long as they are all desirable figures.

Oh, and they can't just keep making them up for ever, there is a limit to how fresh and hew each figure can be so reducing the number means we don't go, "Oh, another Dragon lander, boring" so soon.

I have learned that the reveal has nothing to do with how much I will actually enjoy the game as a whole. I am far more interested in the changes they have made to the gameplay than the gimmick or figures.

Do we have multiplay atc, online, more open world? sucky load times? Skippable dialogue? THESE are the things that matter.
#30 Posted: 09:46:16 05/06/2015
Quote: TerraFizz
I was already expecting Vicarious Visions to try and do something different with the core gameplay and I was right.

I expect TFB to give us more of the same formula they tend to do next year.

Hopefully. smilie

Nah, seriously though the games looks wonderful and I really want to see more of it (particularly some platforming action).

Quote: Pyrofer

Activision care about total numbers of figures sold, not how many different ones there are. Each new figure costs them a LOT in design, production and stocking. So for them less is better to a point.

Not everybody buys every figure. With 40 figures to chose from people might only buy their favourite 10.

Activision make the same money selling figures but development etc costs them a LOT less. They have been tweaking this balance with every game, finding out how much they can make on figures Vs what they need to produce. Complaints about figure availability also have PR getting on at them to fix that issue, which is easiest with fewer figures.

Oh, and they can't just keep making them up for ever, there is a limit to how fresh and hew each figure can be so reducing the number means we don't go, "Oh, another Dragon lander, boring" so soon.

I have learned that the reveal has nothing to do with how much I will actually enjoy the game as a whole. I am far more interested in the changes they have made to the gameplay than the gimmick or figures.

Do we have multiplay atc, online, more open world? sucky load times? Skippable dialogue? THESE are the things that matter.

This is all very true.

I may even wait for E3 and have a clearer idea but I will know if I like this game or not (and I most likely will) only when I'll put Spitfire on the Portal. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#31 Posted: 19:25:42 05/06/2015
If the game isn't the best you should be like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh0WXxhN4_w
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#32 Posted: 00:31:53 06/06/2015
Well I know early judge I am skylander fan been since SSA but remember this is my opinion. smilie

The series is awesome itself I buy that it's been since first game I love the fighting style and adventures of The game. But now here we have racing adventure game which relies into driving the most part I think I like how they come with new ideas but vehicles does not make this the old classic fighting style from the past game unless you have access to free roam in the game.

But the game look cool as the trailer
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#33 Posted: 02:28:01 06/06/2015
^ It appears balanced to me, but I am concerned about having to "shift gears" (pun intended) from fighting to vehicles and back...it does disturb the overall flow, which was a problem with the Swap Zones.

CountMoneyBone and your point on the number of fewer figures were afterthoughts I had after posting, and I do think they all contribute to the answer. My family would appreciate it since I'm chasing WAY FEWER items this go around.

Also, the subtle points you bring up matters to me too, and I doubt we'll get resolution until the game is "in hand" and we hear from others. I have no doubt our major complaints were heard loud and clear...VV seems to listen very well.

All I can say is, the few moments I saw WANTED ME to get this game...it has a lot of the flavor I loved in Swap Force but more refined and even better. I feel they have abandoned character upgrade a la SSA and SG. I hope we get a surprise there, but for me we have everyone on base and I'm waiting for the grand slam.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:33:24 06/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#34 Posted: 02:33:45 06/06/2015 | Topic Creator
^ It appears balanced to me, but I am concerned about having to "shift gears" (pun intended) from fighting to vehicles and back...it does disturb the overall flow, which was a problem with the Swap Zones.

CountMoneyBone and your point on the number of fewer figures were afterthoughts I had after posting, and I do think they all contribute to the answer. My family would appreciate it since I'm chasing WAY FEWER items this go around.

Also, the subtle points you bring up matters to me too, and I doubt we'll get resolution until the game is "in hand" and we hear from others. I have no doubt our major complaints were heard loud and clear...VV seems to listen very well.

Indeed they do listen. TfB is just to afraid to change anything up game-play wise. VV clearly wants to spice things up and have Skylanders reach it's full potential.
---
#35 Posted: 07:07:29 06/06/2015

All I can say is, the few moments I saw WANTED ME to get this game...it has a lot of the flavor I loved in Swap Force but more refined and even better. I feel they have abandoned character upgrade a la SSA and SG. I hope we get a surprise there, but for me we have everyone on base and I'm waiting for the grand slam.

Sorry but, what do you mean by "abandoned character upgrade a la SSA and SG"?
Maybe that there won't be regular upgrades for characters?

I can tell you not only was that confirmed but we also saw Persephone.

V.V. seems to listen very well indeed but AS OF NOW they also seem to easily forget which elements should be changed (even radically) and which ones should should never be touched, in my opinion.

I'm sure I'll love this game when I'll get to play with it.
No doubt, because I liked what I've seen since the first time I saw it.
But I don't expect to have my Skylanders experience from what I've seen until now, which goes well beyond getting the "same old reheated meal every year"...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#36 Posted: 07:44:50 06/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Indeed they do listen. TfB is just to afraid to change anything up game-play wise. VV clearly wants to spice things up and have Skylanders reach it's full potential.

I agree which is why I will probably end up loving this on par with swap force. TFB just seem to want to churn out the same game each year.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#37 Posted: 09:41:18 06/06/2015
Quote: Drek95

SSA/SG character upgrades meaning Heroic Challenges, which were abandoned since Swap-Force. I doubt they'll make a return after being gone for 2 games, including a TFB-developed one.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#38 Posted: 10:00:02 06/06/2015
Quote: Nightmoon

SSA/SG character upgrades meaning Heroic Challenges, which were abandoned since Swap-Force. I doubt they'll make a return after being gone for 2 games, including a TFB-developed one.

Oooooh, those one!

Thanks for clearing it up. smilie

Yes, I doubt we'll see them returning too especially with all this focus on vehicles.
Unless they actually create special Missions for them to complete.

I would also like to know if Quests are returning and if maybe there are also some tied to vehicles too.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#39 Posted: 21:11:23 08/06/2015
"It's the end of Skylanders!"

"By doing SuperChargers, Activision is officially milking the franchise!"

From some comments I've seen.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#40 Posted: 21:27:33 08/06/2015
Don't forget the ever classic "Vehicles were never intended". Because we know the franchise's plans inside out to judge it like that.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#41 Posted: 21:30:16 08/06/2015
[User Posted Image] I think the game looks great and you guys need to wait until it releases for a final decision.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#42 Posted: 23:28:47 08/06/2015
Quote: Aura24
"It's the end of Skylanders!"

"By doing SuperChargers, Activision is officially milking the franchise!"

From some comments I've seen.

I hate when they used the word "Milking" in comments. People get **** off when there favorite games include cars.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:36 08/06/2015 by KeybasHedKey
#43 Posted: 06:58:10 09/06/2015
I honestly hate it too.
It is used waaaay too easily nowadays.

It's a franchise created by a big and famous company who obviously wants to make money but which is also not forcing you to buy anything.
I really think they didn't do anything truly disrespectful as a whole (I personally don't like revamps and I'm not a fan of vehicles but this doesn't mean others can't like them) so far.

When they'll do something the actual majority of the people won't like and which will objectively ruin the series, but they'll keep going on as if nothing happened, that will probably be the moment they truly jumped the shark and start "milking" the franchise in a negative way.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#44 Posted: 16:46:15 09/06/2015
I was just looking at the Swap Force message board on the "what we know about" thread since I wasn't here at the time, and it seems like it's pretty much the same comments every year:

-I like the new characters
-I don't like the new characters
-The figure/portal looks cheap
-The gimmick doesn't fit with what Skylanders is about
-If X is true, then I'm out.
etc.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#45 Posted: 16:59:39 09/06/2015
With the vehicle aspect they said in an interview with game informer that it would be fifty percent driveing and fifty perecent walking
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#46 Posted: 17:26:29 09/06/2015
Quote: ultyzaus
I was just looking at the Swap Force message board on the "what we know about" thread since I wasn't here at the time, and it seems like it's pretty much the same comments every year:

-I like the new characters
-I don't like the new characters
-The figure/portal looks cheap
-The gimmick doesn't fit with what Skylanders is about
-If X is true, then I'm out.
etc.

Pretty much that's why I don't say anything until the game comes out
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#47 Posted: 21:18:50 09/06/2015
I honestly hate it too.
It is used waaaay too easily nowadays.

It's a franchise created by a big and famous company who obviously wants to make money but which is also not forcing you to buy anything.
I really think they didn't do anything truly disrespectful as a whole (I personally don't like revamps and I'm not a fan of vehicles but this doesn't mean others can't like them) so far.

When they'll do something the actual majority of the people won't like and which will objectively ruin the series, but they'll keep going on as if nothing happened, that will probably be the moment they truly jumped the shark and start "milking" the franchise in a negative way.

I don't know but It ****** me off when they used that word. Vehicles are not a BAD thing like people say. Skylanders is always looking for something new, something to inovate. But you know nobody is forcing to buy all the Vehicles and characters, at least you just need to get a Land,Sea and Sky Vehicle, with only Hot Streak,Sky Slicer and Dive Bomber, i guess you can beat the game.

Just like in previous games, you at least you need one of each element, like i say, leave that to the toy collectors to get all the Figures like me i'm a Skylanders Toy Collector i really want to get them all.

Skylanders is still Skylanders with or without Vehicles.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#48 Posted: 01:41:14 11/06/2015
I'm getting all the figures & vehicles. I don't bloody care whether people like it or not. I love it. It's fresh, innovative, ingenious, etc.
If any of you want the same old boring, crappy game.....play DI 1 or 2, or wait for DI 3: Star Wars.
The only gripe I have is bringing back Kaos. He was captured in TT, now he's back to his old self and free.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#49 Posted: 01:47:00 11/06/2015
I'm getting all the figures & vehicles. I don't bloody care whether people like it or not. I love it. It's fresh, innovative, ingenious, etc.
If any of you want the same old boring, crappy game.....play DI 1 or 2, or wait for DI 3: Star Wars.
The only gripe I have is bringing back Kaos. He was captured in TT, now he's back to his old self and free. WWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT?!
How many times can they make Kaos the final villain?
Or do they have someone else to be the final villain?
Maybe the Darkness might make an appearance.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:48:46 11/06/2015 by Insane01
#50 Posted: 07:47:19 11/06/2015
Quote: Insane01
The only gripe I have is bringing back Kaos. He was captured in TT, now he's back to his old self and free. WWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT?!
How many times can they make Kaos the final villain?
Or do they have someone else to be the final villain?
Maybe the Darkness might make an appearance.

Not only will the Darkness appear but will also have a physical form this time.
I think it might have a much bigger role or at least appear at the end as a teaser for the sixth game.

Regarding getting the "same, old, boring crappy game" (never thought those things about any of the previous titles but, whatever...) I'm all for gameplay innovation, even character gimmicks if they can find something truly OUTSANDING.

But this year I feel like they got too far and changed what was already good making it "meh".
They also made a lot of step forward mind it.
But I simply think this year's Skylanders will be the less Skylanders-ish experience I'm going to have.
And no, I'm not talking about vehicles.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:59:53 11/06/2015 by Drek95
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me