darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 17 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#801 Posted: 16:31:59 03/06/2015
Quote: delta chameleon
This is just a guess, but I am guessing that the water repose will be Gill Grunt. So far its been shown that each vehicle matches their "paired" character visually (look at Dive-Clops and Dive Bomber or Jet Vac and Jet Stream). We already know that the new water character is Dive-Clops. So that means the other water character has to be a repose, and this vehicle was shown in the reveal trailer:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

That vehicle to me would only match Gill Grunt of all the existing core water characters with it's fishy like design. Unless they went with Flip Wreck, but I think he's too new of a character.

That's like a 99.99% chance of Gill Grunt!

Yay!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#802 Posted: 16:36:17 03/06/2015
I just thought... It says ANY skylander can drive a vehicle
Rocky Roll on Hot Streak! How would that work?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#803 Posted: 16:40:28 03/06/2015
I guess ninjas quit being stealthy and now use mini-guns while being flashy.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#804 Posted: 16:41:09 03/06/2015
Quote: skylandsfan

They said even Giants can ride them,so we'll see, hopefully by E3.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#805 Posted: 16:47:23 03/06/2015

You're wondering about that, but now 4-legged characters?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#806 Posted: 16:50:49 03/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost

They said even Giants can ride them,so we'll see, hopefully by E3.

What about Swap Force though? Geez, only revealed today and already it's complicated!
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#807 Posted: 16:54:40 03/06/2015
I'm guessing ALL Skylanders can ride the vehicles.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#808 Posted: 16:56:58 03/06/2015
The Darkness is back! The Darkness is back!! The Darkness is back!!!

He's gonna have a physical form and a voice! This is the greatest thing!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#809 Posted: 16:57:32 03/06/2015
Quote:
You're wondering about that, but now 4-legged characters?

The four legged characters can just sit in a seat and drive.
#810 Posted: 17:03:43 03/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute
The Darkness is back! The Darkness is back!! The Darkness is back!!!

He's gonna have a physical form and a voice! This is the greatest thing!

Not too sure, Kaos' Mom was an entire disappointment since she was just an edgier Kaos. But if the designs improved, I hope the characters did as well.
---
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#811 Posted: 17:03:49 03/06/2015
So the game is a mix of mario kart 8 and skylanders?
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Ricky Karnage Blue Sparx Gems: 503
#812 Posted: 17:09:20 03/06/2015
I wouldn't say mario kart 8.. most the vehicle game play looks like Swap Force challenge levels.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#813 Posted: 17:13:57 03/06/2015
Lou says that the demo level, or Cloud Kingdom, is Lightning Rod's hometown!
---
Spread those positive vibes
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#814 Posted: 17:15:19 03/06/2015
Quote: Ricky Karnage
I wouldn't say mario kart 8.. most the vehicle game play looks like Swap Force challenge levels.

We had adventures in skylanders so basicly the story lines going now with racing?
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#815 Posted: 17:15:48 03/06/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard

Yes, with the statues and the townsfolk it was easy to link the points. The question is if Lightning Rod will be recognized there.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#816 Posted: 17:16:32 03/06/2015

Of course! If anyone remembered Lightning Rod's backstory the Cloud Kingdom was mentioned.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#817 Posted: 17:17:26 03/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
The fact the Darkness is now embodied is some way is pure awesomeness.

A great development in the lore.

But then you wonder; it's speculated in the books to have been something the Ancients created or found,but it was never more than some strange hive mind matter from the Dark element(it's not THE element,in TT 3DS it's shown trying to attack Dark element stuff). Did it hide its mind for millenia and now feels like the gloves are off, or did it get it from somewhere?

Yes as you said the Darkness is definitely not THE Dark Element... More like a really, really strong and ancient "Doom Raider" kind of entity.
Dark isn't bad per se as shown by Knight Mare and Blackout so the Darkness must have been some sort of corruption of that Element that probably also became sentient.

We'll see.

I'm actually starting to think Kaos won't be the final boss this time...

Quote: wreckingballbob
I just wanna know about the level cap and stat boosters.

Apparently the level cap is still 20.

I just want to write down 3 things that are REALLY bugging me.
Keep in mind I'm absolutely impressed by this game so far but think I should share my completely personal opinions about this.

1) This game feels incredibly Infinity-esque to me.
SWAP Force went close to it in terms of design but absolutely kept the original gameplay.
This... No. Just no.
Great game, great gameplay, AMAZING innovation.
But I think they went too far this time.

2) Reposes (that's what they are; they might be more different but they are still Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy and Terrafin) as SuperChargers.
Sorry, what?
You expect me to buy them AGAIN only because they look shinier and have been revamped a bit?
Not gonna happen.
Might buy their vehicles but definitely not the characters.

3 Vehicles taking too much space.
That's something I was concerned about and I think I was right, unfortunately.
50/50 doesn't sound right to me. 30/70 would have been better but I honestly won't be able to truly tell until I'll play the game.
Not only that, but also the reposed SuperChargers and the vehicles took the places of brand new Skylanders.

Ok, we have 10 brand new characters (which aren't Cores but aren't proper Gimmicklanders either).... And then?
20 vehicles, ok. What about Cores?
Oh, I see, you consider vehicles to be characters.
No.

This is simply what I think as of now.
Honestly hope I will change my mind soon.

Again the game looks awesome.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#818 Posted: 17:18:02 03/06/2015

Yes, with the statues and the townsfolk it was easy to link the points. The question is if Lightning Rod will be recognized there.

I dunno. They did the same thing in Swap Force with the frost elves and Whirlwind, and yet they referred to her as just another Skylander.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#819 Posted: 17:29:39 03/06/2015
The game has been really conflicting compared to TT and SF, but really the choice will solidify on E3 - that's when Grim Creeper and things that I questioned SF on started to show up.
But for now;

Yay)
-Less figures, of course, and Portal Owners pack
-Better figure design
-Better backstories, not 'guy use X to save Y from Z'
-Much better level detail, not as play-doh-y
-Vehicles being toys on their own
-Persephone

Nay)
-Gimmicklander required to finish the game- NO, bad VV, I don't care if we'll get Instant Hot Streak in the digital version you're going to get greedy over that later and we know it.
-Racing outfits, really limiting stuff
-Rubber Duck chompies and giant chin Trolls coming back
-Reused songs as main level stuff,ew
-Persephone's new outfit is kinda ugly
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:31:15 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#820 Posted: 17:30:58 03/06/2015
Another thought for you all...

10 of the 20 Supercharger Characters are re-imagined. My money is on Blackout and Spotlight not making that list (they're too bland). I think we'll get a breakdown of figures like this:

10 New Supercharger Characters, one from each element inc. Dark Light
10 Re-imagined Supercharger Characters, one from each of the core elements (no dark/light) with two elements having two characters.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#821 Posted: 17:32:30 03/06/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley

10 of the 20 Supercharger Characters are re-imagined. My money is on Blackout and Spotlight not making that list (they're too bland). I think we'll get a breakdown of figures like this:

10 Re-imagined Supercharger Characters, one from each of the core elements (no dark/light) with two elements having two characters.

Highly doubt that they would do that.
---
Spread those positive vibes
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#822 Posted: 17:35:03 03/06/2015
The game has been really conflicting compared to TT and SF, but really the choice will solidify on E3 - that's when Grim Creeper and things that I questioned SF on started to show up.
But for now;

Yay)
-Better figure design
-Persephone

Nay)
-Gimmicklander required to finish the game- NO, bad VV, I don't care if we'll get Instant Hot Streak in the digital version you're going to get greedy over that later and we know it.

Where in the world are the back stories? And where did you see Persephone and the rubber duck Chompies?
---
Dead
#823 Posted: 17:37:09 03/06/2015
Backstories are in the articles,for Spitfire and whats-her-face. Persephone is on the Skyfamily gameplay, there's the eye of a rubber duck Chompy(TFB chompy eyeballs are jet black and in stalks instead of being stalk-shaped eyes) in one of the screenshots.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:39 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Ricky Karnage Blue Sparx Gems: 503
#824 Posted: 17:37:41 03/06/2015
From what I understand is that there is a special combination from certain Skylander superchargers and there vehicles give you even more bonuses. Are the vehicles and superchargers sold separately?
#825 Posted: 17:37:49 03/06/2015
But for now;

Yay)
-Better figure design
-Persephone

Nay)

Almost entirely agree with these lists.

V.V. seems to always take a lot of steps forward but an enormous leap backwards (or sideways in this case)...

Will wait E3 too.
So far this game looks bigger and more interesting that Trap Team... But also doesn't look like a Skylanders game that much.

I'd say they are too new rather than bland.

Maybe they wil do something TRULY great and actually add 2 characters for both Elements.
Hoping it soooo much.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:53:18 03/06/2015 by Drek95
#826 Posted: 17:41:45 03/06/2015
You know Drek, out of all everyone here, you have the strongest idea of how you like your Skylanders games.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#827 Posted: 17:47:04 03/06/2015

I actually saw one place list 8 reposes and 12 new characters.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#828 Posted: 17:50:19 03/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351

That's what I was expecting.
We don't have many Light and Dark characters so far so it'll make sense that there'll be two new characters of those elements, plus having two Skylanders of each element would even everything out.
#829 Posted: 17:52:10 03/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
You know Drek, out of all everyone here, you have the strongest idea of how you like your Skylanders games.

Well I guess you could say so. smilie

I simply want the Core gameplay to be kept (characters variety included) and I simply have the feeling this game won't keep it.

Hope to be incredibly wrong, though.
The game still looks amazing even with all those "problems" which I repeat, are mostly entirely subjective, and will no doubt buy it, along with the brand new Skylanders and a yet undefined number of vehicles.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheBladesFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1485
#830 Posted: 18:03:59 03/06/2015
I don't like the new portal owners pack. I might want a disc, not a code. And I want the toys. Just because we own toys already, doesn't mean we don't want more. I don't want a digital character. That's not what Skylanders is about. And we get less characters in the pack. I will buy the normal pack.
---
bookloverlolly.tumblr.com
Skylander Count: SSA 52/54 SG 61/66 SSF ??/?? STT ??/?? SSC 51/65 SI 6/??
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#831 Posted: 18:04:10 03/06/2015
I'm really conflicted about all this. On one hand, I really like the two new original Superchargers we've seen, but on the other hand, I loath that they're bringing back the same characters AGAIN, retooled or not. I'm not really feeling the vehicles either. Jet-Vac's is the only one I've really liked so far. To make matters worse, traps may as well not have any compatibility given what they're doing with them, and it only leaves me thinking that the vehicles are going to get the same treatment with the next game. I do have to applaud them for not forcing you to get a new starter pack and portal this time around, and I like that they're toning down the amount of stuff to buy after the overload that was Trap Team. I honestly don't know how I'm going to tackle this game. If we only end up needing 3 vehicles to do everything in the game, then I think I'll take the plunge, but if we need a vehicle of every element, then I'm probably going to hold off on this.
#832 Posted: 18:17:42 03/06/2015
Also,it might be nitpicking,but wow the new portal looks kinda unwieldy. They went for more space, but if the vehicles have the slightest loose wheels they'll just roll off of it. At least the Traptanium Portal had borders around it.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#833 Posted: 18:24:46 03/06/2015
Also,it might be nitpicking,but wow the new portal looks kinda unwieldy. They went for more space, but if the vehicles have the slightest loose wheels they'll just roll off of it. At least the Traptanium Portal had borders around it.

Lol true, newtons laws made it difficult enought to play the IOS version on the go, but if this is the portal for the mobile version as well, I'm going to be modifying it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#834 Posted: 18:29:15 03/06/2015
You can use the old portals...............................
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#835 Posted: 18:30:47 03/06/2015
Quote: Medicus
You can use the old portals...............................

You can(what's the sea of periods for anyway),but as they said,Supercharger portal is to fit just about any item you can use at once without getting cluttered. But it doesn't even matter to have figures touching each other if they have no borders to keep them in place if you bump into it.
---
#836 Posted: 19:00:39 03/06/2015
Quote: TheBladesFan
I don't like the new portal owners pack. I might want a disc, not a code. And I want the toys. Just because we own toys already, doesn't mean we don't want more. I don't want a digital character. That's not what Skylanders is about. And we get less characters in the pack. I will buy the normal pack.

Agree.

Would have bought the Portal Owner Pack if it was physical.

I'm still glad that option is back. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#837 Posted: 19:21:12 03/06/2015

Well I guess you could say so. smilie

I simply want the Core gameplay to be kept (characters variety included) and I simply have the feeling this game won't keep it.

Hope to be incredibly wrong, though.
The game still looks amazing even with all those "problems" which I repeat, are mostly entirely subjective, and will no doubt buy it, along with the brand new Skylanders and a yet undefined number of vehicles.

Totally agree, the 50/50 share worries me. I'll consider that figure (stated by game informer review) temporary until I heard more reviews comment on that. Unfortunately it seems, by the trailers shown, that is gonna be around that share.

Also agree that I would have love to see more core characters than vehicles.

On the other hand if online gameplay is definitely confirmed by activision I hope it will not only cover racing but also on foot pvp.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#838 Posted: 19:23:28 03/06/2015
Quote: TheBladesFan

I can't find info on it, but I look forward to it.

the point of the owner pack was to save money so you weren't just rebuying crap. Being able to just DL to my XBOne and buy what I want instead of adding like the 27th Stealth elf to my collection is welcome.

Has there been any comments over tablets? If this is something I do (the chances are dropping quickly tbh), I'd like to be able to 'portal owner' it for my iPad.
- Unreall
FlashbackJon Red Sparx Gems: 62
#839 Posted: 19:28:23 03/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351

In this video, the guy leading the presentation (edit: David Nathanieslsz, Senior Executive Producer of Vicarious Visions) says 8 reposes. Which makes sense, I guess, since there really aren't enough Dark/Light to consider them "fan favorites" the way the others are.

I realize you're talking about later on, but either the President or the Executive VP stated plainly that you can play all the way to the end with Hot Streak and either of the characters in the starter pack (or the digital version).

Not 100%ing, obviously, but they do have a vested interest in compelling collectors to collect.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:43:09 03/06/2015 by FlashbackJon
#840 Posted: 19:29:32 03/06/2015
Tablet was confirmed, but it wasn't said if there's also a Digital Owners' Pack or if it's the same case as last year.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:20 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
#841 Posted: 19:37:26 03/06/2015
Has anybody mentioned this guy yet?

[User Posted Image]

Because honestly, he might be one of my favorite designs in the entire franchise.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#842 Posted: 19:39:36 03/06/2015

[User Posted Image]

Because honestly, he might be one of my favorite designs in the entire franchise.

Seems like he's called Dive-Clops and his vehicle is the Dive Bomber. Water element.

Everything confirmed is mentioned on the site's SSC page: //www.darkspyro.net/superchargers/
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#843 Posted: 19:48:05 03/06/2015
Quote: ultyzaus

[User Posted Image]

Seems like he's called Dive-Clops and his vehicle is the Dive Bomber. Water element.

Everything confirmed is mentioned on the site's SSC page: //www.darkspyro.net/superchargers/

Man, he should've been called Eye Dive.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
FlashbackJon Red Sparx Gems: 62
#844 Posted: 19:50:56 03/06/2015

Such a missed opportunity!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#845 Posted: 19:53:12 03/06/2015
The fact the Darkness is now embodied is some way is pure awesomeness.

A great development in the lore.

But then you wonder; it's speculated in the books to have been something the Ancients created or found,but it was never more than some strange hive mind matter from the Dark element(it's not THE element,in TT 3DS it's shown trying to attack Dark element stuff). Did it hide its mind for millenia and now feels like the gloves are off, or did it get it from somewhere?

Yes as you said the Darkness is definitely not THE Dark Element... More like a really, really strong and ancient "Doom Raider" kind of entity.
Dark isn't bad per se as shown by Knight Mare and Blackout so the Darkness must have been some sort of corruption of that Element that probably also became sentient.

We'll see.

I'm actually starting to think Kaos won't be the final boss this time...

Quote: wreckingballbob
I just wanna know about the level cap and stat boosters.

Apparently the level cap is still 20.

I just want to write down 3 things that are REALLY bugging me.
Keep in mind I'm absolutely impressed by this game so far but think I should share my completely personal opinions about this.

1) This game feels incredibly Infinity-esque to me.
SWAP Force went close to it in terms of design but absolutely kept the original gameplay.
This... No. Just no.
Great game, great gameplay, AMAZING innovation.
But I think they went too far this time.

2) Reposes (that's what they are; they might be more different but they are still Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy and Terrafin) as SuperChargers.
Sorry, what?
You expect me to buy them AGAIN only because they look shinier and have been revamped a bit?
Not gonna happen.
Might buy their vehicles but definitely not the characters.

3 Vehicles taking too much space.
That's something I was concerned about and I think I was right, unfortunately.
50/50 doesn't sound right to me. 30/70 would have been better but I honestly won't be able to truly tell until I'll play the game.
Not only that, but also the reposed SuperChargers and the vehicles took the places of brand new Skylanders.

Ok, we have 10 brand new characters (which aren't Cores but aren't proper Gimmicklanders either).... And then?
20 vehicles, ok. What about Cores?
Oh, I see, you consider vehicles to be characters.
No.

This is simply what I think as of now.
Honestly hope I will change my mind soon.

Again the game looks awesome.

You're totally killing me smalls!!!!

O.k. so first off there are no reposes. All of the Superchargers will be Gimmicklanders. 10 all new ones 10 returning ones with all new abilities and powers. I mean come on, Stealth Elf has a mini gun and Terrafin has crazy armor and a wrist mounted rocket launcher!!!! These are NOT reposes. They are new editions of previous Skylanders. So 20 Super Chargers and 20 Vehicles...Perfect match and all Gimmicklanders. I also don't get the Infinity vibe at all. When you're in vehicle mod in Super Chargers it's all about the vehicular action. You actually change game modes. Other than the turret portions in the Guardians of the Galaxy play set I don't remember this mode in in Infinity. There will be open world full control modes and "on the rail" modes for the vehicles as mentioned by Lou in the Sky Kids vids.

So my first impressions are that of amazement!!! I LOVE the revamped oldies like Stealth Elf, Terrafin and others. Melee characters getting complete overhauls into ranged characters will make them feel brand new. The vehicles look amazing so far. I would have loved my boy Wham-Shell getting a Crab like "Walker" mech but I'm with others in that the other fish looking sub is indeed Gill Grunts' (which is also awesome as well since he's also a favorite). Can't wait to see the tanks and others. A little bummed that Villains aren't playable but they at least have some functionality in the form of vehicle upgrades and Skystones Overdrive. Can't wait to get more details.

Quote: FlashbackJon

Such a missed opportunity!

Eh not really since we can name them ourselves.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:47 03/06/2015 by Tigorus
#846 Posted: 19:58:56 03/06/2015

[User Posted Image]

Not so much but yes.

I really like Dive-Clops and he actually has a TfB vibe on him.
He must look awesome in figure form.

Really looking forward to him. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:09 03/06/2015 by Drek95
#847 Posted: 20:03:56 03/06/2015
Also an very important question.

Can we still attack while jumping? I know it's likely, but I'd still like to know.
---
#848 Posted: 20:06:32 03/06/2015

Can we still attack while jumping? I know it's likely, but I'd still like to know.

Stormblade could,and it was the same attack as on the ground,so I suppose so.
---
#849 Posted: 20:08:24 03/06/2015

Mind showing me which video?
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#850 Posted: 20:08:55 03/06/2015

Yeah jumping, jumping attack animations and vehicle jumping were all in the game play video.
First | Previous | Page 17 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me