Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Customer Stories: Featuring Larry
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Customer Stories: Featuring Larry
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#51 Posted: 19:32:49 14/09/2015
Quote: Big Green
oh yeah a few days ago larry came through my lane AGAIN...but the bizarre thing is nothing really interesting happened. he bought ice cream and started talking about how great it is. innocent enough. then he asked me about school and thought i was still going to high school. i just straight up told him where i'm going to school because he never retains this information anyway, i could tell him something totally different each time and he'd never notice. should i tell him i'm going to harvard?

Larry is messed up
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#52 Posted: 02:56:28 15/10/2015 | Topic Creator
haaaay i'm bumping this thread a month later because i have coworker stories

So a fellow cashier of mine, Austin, always makes my shifts interesting. He is from Italy and has a parent from Russia as well so he has a Russian accent and tends to be really, really blunt about things. He always finds weird and generally destructive ways to entertain himself when he's bored on the clock. He discovered that if you turn off the printer in the middle of a transaction, the computer effectively ****s itself and freezes and you have to call someone from customer service over to reboot the whole thing. They changed his cashier login number in the system because he did this so much and they thought his was glitched or something. He does this to go home early sometimes (says he got to go home HOURS early before) and he did it tonight at the end of his shift, at least twice. He just keeps doing it every now and then until they give up and let him go home. I assumed the computer crashed during an order so he sent the customer over to my lane. He didn't say anything when I asked him what happened and then later he told me he did it on purpose. He showed me how and then he went and did it again without laughing or anything. Just calls someone over and explains he has no idea what the computer is doing and then gets sent home. Austin doesn't give a **** about anything and he is amazing.

i have more austin stories if they are in demand after this
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:15:47 15/10/2015 by Big Green
#53 Posted: 02:57:40 15/10/2015
dang it no larry
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#54 Posted: 02:58:44 15/10/2015
more austin plz
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#55 Posted: 03:20:13 15/10/2015
Austin seems like a cool guy.
#56 Posted: 03:24:24 15/10/2015 | Topic Creator
i added some details to the first austin story. heres more

I'm not actually sure how to address Austin since he changed the name on his schedule to Bradley but still has Austin up on his facebook. I'm not even sure what it says on his nametag anymore since we got new ones and he wears it backwards on purpose. He still seems to respond most to Austin which is weird since I figured he changed it since we have maybe 5 other Austins that work up there. Anyway, one night I was on U-scan and he got to cover my break for me. Both of us prefer being on U-scan since you don't have to really do anything and can walk around a bit more. I get back from break and he tells me to go to the bathroom for another 10 minutes. So I did, messed around on my phone for an extra bit of break. I got back and it was only around a half hour or 20 minutes until Austin's shift ends so he decided to just hang there with me until someone noticed and he got called back to his register. I found him dismembering the pen and making a ****in mess with the ink and then he just....puts a ton of hand sanitizer on the attendant desk and sticks receipt paper to it. Everything he does is hilarious for some reason, I can't tell if this is just funny to me because I was there. Then later he sticks most of his arm into the ice in a nearby soda cooler for no reason. He ends up being pretty successful in staying with me until the end of his shift since they don't call him back to his register until there's only several minutes of his shift left.
#57 Posted: 21:49:59 15/10/2015 | Topic Creator
today austin crashed the computer at least twice. he also has a bit of a cold today and he asked a customer to complain to customer service about him being sick and they did. if anyone else but austin did this i would be annoyed about it
#58 Posted: 02:46:43 24/10/2015 | Topic Creator
unfortunately there will be no more austin stories since he left for walmart. that said, i have a fresh entry for the Legend of Larry

Chapter ???: Candy, Weed, and Death

I was stuck working late tonight and I get the pleasure of being the only lane open when Larry was lurking about. He comes through my lane and starts talking about candy and how if you eat candy, you die faster. He showed the inside of his mouth to my sacker and said he never eats candy, and bet that we eat candy. Then he said that if you combine candy and beer then you die even faster. I told him yes, I will die. Then he said it's okay if you have candy with marijuana though, and that weed is good for you. He said he loves weed and smoked it before. He stuck around talking about it when the next customer in my line was checking out, although maybe this was because he knew that person was an employee there and was going home.

Larry eventually went up to customer service to do whatever he normally does and took like 20 minutes as always. I was checking out a customer with a monster order at the time, who had 2 cartfulls. The customer went to go get a new gallon of milk since the one she had was leaking at the time Larry walks by to leave the store, and he points at the carts and does his creepy laugh he has and asks how anyone has enough money for that. I think he said something about Bill Gates too but he lost me as usual. He finally left eventually, concluding the latest chapter in his legend.

It is also worth noting that he bought cat food, although I don't feel comfortable with the thought of him owning an animal. It wouldn't surprise me if he said he eats it himself though at this point.

Oh in addition to the candy bit, one of my sackers, Alex, bought one of those bags of milky way bars and he ate all 18 of them during half of his break. He bought another candy bar and a monster and some 5 hour energy as he was leaving too. Perhaps Larry is a prophet foreseeing Alex's death from eating all that candy after all?
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#59 Posted: 02:52:15 24/10/2015
I still haven't met Larry. Not sure if I want to meet him. Great stories though.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#60 Posted: 09:58:25 24/10/2015
I went to maccas and ordered 2 hot chocolates and a frozen coke
Guy- so you want 2 frozen cokes and a coffee
Me- no. 2 hot chocolates and a frozen coke
Guy-so 2 hot chocolates and 2 frozen cokes
Me - NO two hot chocolates and ONE frozen coke
Guy- two hot chocolates and a frozen coke
Me in my head- HALLELUJAH BLESS JESUS HE FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT

Earlier this year I went to aus and ARrived at like 7am aus time
At maccas
Can I have a cheeseburger with no pickes
Girl- Uh..its..not lunch yet.
Me- *goes to kfc and gets food there*

Also technically my stepmom owes me $80 or more
I had a gift card of $80 and one that had $30, I was buying somthing that was $35 and my stepmom had a bunch of crap worth like $70 or somthing, I cant remember what exactly happened but I wanted to use the 30card and use $5 on the 80, then the person counted my stepmums stuff in MY ****ING PURCHASE AS WELL.
So to sum it up I lost my gift cards to ****ing flowers and gardening ****
And she used eftpos to use $10 and I lost all my birthday money on **** I don't even use
And she wonders why I hate her
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#61 Posted: 19:30:42 19/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Bump, I just dealt with the u-scan customer(s) from HFIL. As it is commonly known, the self checkout is for around 10 items or less. This woman wearing a Duck Dynasty shirt comes up with a ****in cartful and I was already like really? Can't you go through a regular lane? And then her husband and their 3 little kids comes up with a SECOND CARTFUL. She took forever to ring up everything and kept moving the bags so I had to keep pushing the OK button for her. When it's almost $400 the woman comes up to me and says she has to go to her car, which obviously took longer to get them to just leeeeaaaavvvee and left time for her gremlin children to start loudly fighting while her husband tried to calm them down. When she got back she rang up some more things and then I hear her talking about being unable to afford the rest, which is about half a cart of stuff. She pays for the $400 with food stamps and then they look over the receipt for a while. Then after they take their time leaving the store, they just left the cart with all that stuff in it sitting in the doorway for us to put back.

tl;dr Don't have a $400 order for u-scan. Or at all.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#62 Posted: 19:36:27 19/11/2015
Customer that regularly sits next door at Buffalo wild wings getting drunk and comes to get ice cream from us for the bartenders.
I'm at the counter, making a different customer their ice cream, and he comes up to the counter saying " Hey babe, whats cooking?" And "how're you today, sexy?" . My other co workers served him, then he went to the register for my boss to ring him up, and he says "hey baby how're you?" To her. She's married .
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
#63 Posted: 20:26:35 19/11/2015
The Legend of Larry: Weedward Freak. I had too.

The Legend of Larry: Candy Waker HD
---
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#64 Posted: 20:58:08 19/11/2015
How bout stories from Incredible Ikea?

I enter my store's department, getting ready to serve, when one of my colleague's gets questioned about a table top she's looking for on display. Its like 200cm by 60cm, so its very hard to miss. She's persuasive that she must find it. I help out my colleague to try understand her inquiry. She even shows a picture supposedly as proof. I tell her that the only one we have on display is within our own department. I tell her that we know the placement of where all our products on display are and our section is the only one to have it.

She throws an ape**** and says exactly this, while giving a wicked smile.

Quote:
Thank you for taking the easy way out.

Before she stormed out like a stormtrooper. Lol. To the best of my abilities as well as my colleague, we did our best to help the customer as much as possible. While there as a possibility that there was actually another display set of the table top she was looking for, we were trying to enforce that ours was the only one on display, so that should wouldn't bother having to dig up for it. Asides, the table top she was looking for wasn't anything fancy. It was just either a black or white table top where you can choose your own matching legs.

Another thing I didn't understand was why she couldn't find the table top based on where the picture was taken. If she had personally taken the picture, she would know the exact location where it was or would be found. If it was a friend, then she could also ask her as well, unless the picture came from our department itself.

At times, being demanding is fine, but other times, I just don't understand customers. If they asked me to fly, I would, but only if I had the ability to do so.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:09 19/11/2015 by Ghakimx
#65 Posted: 00:32:01 20/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: huge dotd freak
Customer that regularly sits next door at Buffalo wild wings getting drunk and comes to get ice cream from us for the bartenders.
I'm at the counter, making a different customer their ice cream, and he comes up to the counter saying " Hey babe, whats cooking?" And "how're you today, sexy?" . My other co workers served him, then he went to the register for my boss to ring him up, and he says "hey baby how're you?" To her. She's married .

ewwww creepy people are the worst

Quote: skylandersspyro
The Legend of Larry: Weedward Freak. I had too.

The Legend of Larry: Candy Waker HD

i have a couple more entries to the legend of larry i will put at the end of this post <3

Quote: Ghakimx
How bout stories from Incredible Ikea?

I enter my store's department, getting ready to serve, when one of my colleague's gets questioned about a table top she's looking for on display. Its like 200cm by 60cm, so its very hard to miss. She's persuasive that she must find it. I help out my colleague to try understand her inquiry. She even shows a picture supposedly as proof. I tell her that the only one we have on display is within our own department. I tell her that we know the placement of where all our products on display are and our section is the only one to have it.

She throws an ape**** and says exactly this, while giving a wicked smile.

Quote:
Thank you for taking the easy way out.

Before she stormed out like a stormtrooper. Lol. To the best of my abilities as well as my colleague, we did our best to help the customer as much as possible. While there as a possibility that there was actually another display set of the table top she was looking for, we were trying to enforce that ours was the only one on display, so that should wouldn't bother having to dig up for it. Asides, the table top she was looking for wasn't anything fancy. It was just either a black or white table top where you can choose your own matching legs.

Another thing I didn't understand was why she couldn't find the table top based on where the picture was taken. If she had personally taken the picture, she would know the exact location where it was or would be found. If it was a friend, then she could also ask her as well, unless the picture came from our department itself.

At times, being demanding is fine, but other times, I just don't understand customers. If they asked me to fly, I would, but only if I had the ability to do so.

wttfff she probably wanted a discount on an existing table or something i dunno. customers like that just wanna fight with you

Now it is time for me to update Larry's Legend with a couple new (short smilie ) entries.

The Legend of Larry: Chapter ?????: Vast Feminist Conspiracy

This happened about a week ago and I forgot to update this. I was on u-scan I think and Larry comes in. I alert the coworkers to his presence and wait to see what he does. Luckily for me I don't have to worry about him going through my lane since I was on u-scan and I never saw him go through there. He went through a coworker's lane and she told me that he said that all women are evil, and asked if she agreed. Great choice on who to ask, Larry... He also mentioned again how he has been dead since 2004, and that since some operation he went through by some doctors, he has been a dead man.

The Legend of Larry: Chapter ?!?!: creative title

This was yesterday, when I was on u-scan again. Larry comes walking in with a winter hat on that I initially thought was a frog hat because it was green with white around the top, but I was quickly disappointed that it wasn't. Imagine a creepy old dude in a ****in stupid frog hat. Anyway, he comes in, and I am the first person between him and the customer service counter, so I get to be the lucky person he talks to first. He immediately starts talking about all the money he won at powerball or whatever, how he won like $50 at once or something. I had cashed in a lottery ticket earlier that day (only won $4) so I decided to humor him and bring that up. Somehow the conversation went to "$2 is not enough to get a woman" and then he said he didn't know what he would do with a woman if he got one. I wasn't really sure how to respond when he asked me if I knew. Then he asked me how old I was, and I told him. He said I am too young for him, and he only takes women that are in their 50s or even maybe 40s. He said he is about to turn 55. He looks way older than 55. Then after this he went up to get another powerball ticket or whatever he does and left the store.

To be honest that could have went a lot worse... He didn't really creep on me or anything. Larry is morally superior to this creepy night stocker guy who won't leave me alone, and that's sad.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#66 Posted: 02:12:01 20/11/2015
This isn't really an OFFICIAL job, but I had a customer at a yard sale who had a kid messing around with the toys I was selling and I saw the kid steal one from the pile. When the woman started walking back to the car, I yelled to her loud enough saying, "Your son just stole something," But she got in the car and drove off. That was $2 lost.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#67 Posted: 02:33:00 20/11/2015
I'd love to have some stories by now but my employer is being unresponsive on when I start.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:33:25 20/11/2015 by CAV
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#68 Posted: 03:06:07 20/11/2015
A few months ago I brought ps all stars battle royale, the case says "Essential" but the disc is regular
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#69 Posted: 10:04:35 20/11/2015
I feel like one of the customers is stalking me.

Whenever he phones, he'll only speak to me, and it's starting to freak me out.
---
^ You all know it's true
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#70 Posted: 17:14:28 22/11/2015
I don't have a job yet, but once in my local Verizon Store, there was this lady who would not stop screaming at the employees, telling them how when she got an email account with their company, all her contacts were deleted or something like that. Her husband kept trying to calm her down, but she would just make a snake-like hissing sound at him and then carry on screaming. I got out of that part of the store, but when I passed it again, she was sobbing tears of joy and was hugging the same employee she had just been screaming at. I'm pretty sure she was trying to kiss him, too, with her husband right there behind her. I had no idea what was going on with her.

I went all the way to the other side of the store, as far away from her as I could go after that, just in case she got angry again. I'm pretty sure she was asked to leave the store soon after.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#71 Posted: 03:14:03 23/11/2015
So, earlier this evening, a dude comes I'm and asks for the shift manager(me), and he tells me that my boss (he even knows her name) told him that since the cake he bought was freezer burnt he could come get a new one, which happens to he the largest size we keep stocked. So, I ask for his name and tell him I just need to call my boss and let her know he came by before I can let him have it. Well, he didn't want that. He said he'll just come back tomorrow morning when she's there. Now, I did believe the guy, it sounds exactly like what my boss would do, but we've had people stealing lately so we're being extra cautious.
So, after he left, I texted my boss telling her what had happened, and she said she never told anyone that and that the man was lying. Maybe 30 mins later an employee from the restaurant next door come to get ice cream, and was telling me about a customer that had caused a big commotion there, apparently he asked for the shift manager, said that the boss (still knowing their first name ) had promised him a free meal, and went ballistic when they didn't believe him and they called the owner. Based on his description and the details of the events, we're sure it's the same man.
So what he does is go in to individually owned places, he knows the owners names and when they aren't there, and goes in and asks for the shift leader. What I want to know is how he knows the owners names, and when they won't be there. And he knew my name!! Note that none of us wear name tags, myself personally because I hate my name, and I also don't want creeps to call me by my name.
---
#72 Posted: 03:14:26 23/11/2015 | Topic Creator
NEW LARRY UPDATE.

Larry sort of materialized in my lane today since I didn't notice him at first. He started off by pointing at a pack of light bulbs the customer in front of him was buying and said "I wonder how light bulbs taste." I don't think very good, Larry. "Probably not too bad if you were a shark." Then he started talking about how porpoises could beat up sharks or something. He also mumbled something I didn't catch and then said that he was strange, and that there are enough strange people in the world. Then he went up to customer service for like 20 minutes again.

Oh yeah, I paid attention to what he ordered because that job is boring. He got a gallon of milk, orange juice, cookies, and honey comb cereal.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#73 Posted: 03:30:25 23/11/2015
NEW LARRY UPDATE.

Larry sort of materialized in my lane today since I didn't notice him at first. He started off by pointing at a pack of light bulbs the customer in front of him was buying and said "I wonder how light bulbs taste." I don't think very good, Larry. "Probably not too bad if you were a shark." Then he started talking about how porpoises could beat up sharks or something. He also mumbled something I didn't catch and then said that he was strange, and that there are enough strange people in the world. Then he went up to customer service for like 20 minutes again.

Oh yeah, I paid attention to what he ordered because that job is boring. He got a gallon of milk, orange juice, cookies, and honey comb cereal.

Beam me down, Larry!
---
Dead
#74 Posted: 04:02:57 23/11/2015
This one is actually a kinda good story that I just remembered
Earlier I thought a customer was being weird and mumbling to himself, but when he got up to the counter I realized he was singing the song that was playing, which is one of my all time favorite songs and it's not very popular
All the pretty girls on a Saturday night by Fun.
---
#75 Posted: 04:28:07 01/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Hello all, I just got off my closing shift and I have an opening shift tomorrow morning so I am going to die. Anyway, Larry came in tonight.

It was super busy tonight and I was on u-scan. SUDDENLY, LARRY. Larry comes in and he starts talking to me from behind and he almost made me jump. He started asking where our 10 feet of snow was since it snowed recently, but not that much. Then he talked again about how he is about to turn 55 (despite looking at least a decade older than this) and his birthday is soon. I asked him when his birthday was and he asked me when mine was, as if it would influence his. I told him May 5 and then he said his birthday is January 5, and I think the year he said was 1961. He started walking up to customer service and he told me that his sister is 14 years old. I thought maybe he meant she was 14 years older than him but that wasn't what he said....

This tells me that perhaps Larry's birthday changes depending on the last time he died/was reborn, and that dying so much aged him faster. Also his sister also has immortality and has been on her current life for 14 years.
#76 Posted: 04:29:42 01/01/2016
Maybe Larry is a Time Lord. Think about it. "The Larry." glorious title.
---
Dead
#77 Posted: 04:30:54 01/01/2016
The Legend Of Larry: Immortality Of Time
---
#78 Posted: 23:49:00 05/01/2016 | Topic Creator
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!! He came in today and I told him happy birthday but he said "Happy birthday to you" and then walked off to get a cart. Then he walked by again and said he is finally 55 and he will "definitely know how old he is in 5 years." I'm still confused.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#79 Posted: 23:50:40 05/01/2016
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!! He came in today and I told him happy birthday but he said "Happy birthday to you" and then walked off to get a cart. Then he walked by again and said he is finally 55 and he will "definitely know how old he is in 5 years." I'm still confused.

Larry is preparing his final form.

2021- YEAR OF LARRY
Sudloo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3574
#80 Posted: 04:37:24 06/01/2016
I worked as a shelver at a public library last year and boy, did some crazy stuff happened there.

One of the most memorable: It was sometime during tax season. On certain days of the week, the library offers a free service to help people with their taxes. On a day that we weren't offering said service, a lady came in asking to be helped, and we had told her that she would have to come back on a different day. Naturally, she got angry and stormed off to the youth section of the library. A few minutes later she tried walking out of the library with a carpet. When we confronted her she stated, "I thought they were free."

There was also this one time where a man called an ambulance because he had a stomach ache.

Apart from the crazies, the library was located in a not-so-great part of town so there were cops there just about every day. Part of my job was actually to watch out for people storing drugs in the books. Needless to say, this made for a pretty interesting first job.
#81 Posted: 23:38:35 12/01/2016 | Topic Creator
^ I never thought working in a library could be so crazy.

Today Larry came in and I was on u-scan again. I wasn't all that close to where he was and was facing the other way and he called over to me to start a conversation. He started talking about buying scratch-offs and how he was not going to buy a powerball ticket. He said something about us "each putting in $10" towards it and asked me if I had $10. I totally just lied to Larry's face like some sort of animal and said I didn't have $10 on me. He then started talking about how nice it would be to win, and about how if he didn't win money he will bang his head against a wall repeatedly. Sometime in there he talked about how he is old and I wished him a late happy birthday since he said his birthday was January 1. He said that he will have a heart attack and seemed very sure that he will. He also asked if I just turned 15 (I'm about to turn 21). Then he went and bothered customer service for about a half hour again.

When he was done doing that, he walked out the doors to the lobby and put a cart away that was left sitting there by a customer. A sacker that was nearby said Larry said "What are you young whipper snappers doing, leaving carts out like that." And then he left.
#82 Posted: 00:15:54 13/01/2016
Quote: Drawdler

I LOVE THAT SITE
---
Dead
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#83 Posted: 23:32:11 15/01/2016
Didn't Larry say his birthday was in December, and he was 55? O.O Larry is very confusing.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#84 Posted: 03:57:42 29/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Today was eventful day. Before I came in, a middle aged customer dude got really pissed about Prego. I will call him Pissed Prego Padre, or P3. I'm going to put everything I heard about what happened since I didn't see it firsthand. We have a sale where if you buy 2 things of Prego, it takes off 99 cents, or something. I don't know the details there, but someone said the difference was 99 cents. Either way, it didn't ring up to his liking, no sir. He started screaming at the cashier, Denise, who was unfortunate enough to have him come through her line. Denise is a very sweet person and works hard, making this even more frustrating. P3 started yelling things like, "THIS IS BULL****," "**** THIS STORE," "I'M NEVER COMING BACK," etc. and threw a sale sign at her. I heard something about someone from customer service going over to clear things up but I don't think he started yelling until after they left. It seemed like he was very aware that the price he was demanding was wrong, but wanted to get free stuff anyway. I don't know if they got him to leave easily but I doubt it.

This doesn't even stop there. After P3 got home, he posted on facebook about how rude the people at my store were. Corporate took notice of this, and the comment is no longer up. I think the owner of my store had to make phone calls to corporate to explain what was going on.

He left his shopper card behind with Denise, so we know all his info and he is banned from the store.

Oh, and then later that day, Larry came in. I didn't talk to him but I was trying to overhear what he was talking about with a couple of coworkers nearby. All I gathered there was him pointing at Jacob (I don't know what ethnicity he is, but he's a brown dude) and asking if he was from, I quote, "Olaysia." Later I guess Larry said he was going to go to Olaysia and one of the people talking to him told him "Olaysia isn't real, Larry, I'm sorry."
GarbageMemes101 Ripto Gems: 670
#85 Posted: 04:07:14 29/01/2016
I am self employed.

My clients are the WORST.

The money is worth it though! $75,000 yearly!!
#86 Posted: 04:27:41 29/01/2016
yay!!! Larry came in and saved the day!
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#87 Posted: 04:54:47 29/01/2016
I'm subscribing just for the Larry stories.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#88 Posted: 05:47:34 29/01/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude

Shhh!!! That's what I'm doing too!! Tell....no one!!
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#89 Posted: 06:40:09 29/01/2016
Okay so I'm bored, so I'm gonna post one.

Like two years back I worked at our local aquarium and manned the shark and ray encounter with my then girlfriend. She showed off the hagfish in a tank in the room while I got the job of teaching people how to use the "two finger touch" to pet the bamboo sharks and Atlantic rays that inhabited the tank.
Since I worked in the summer and early fall, we generally got groups of young kids on summer school trips, with the number of children anywhere between 5 and 35.

One day, these big muscular guys come in, all tattooed up, looking generally like what my 60 year old manager described as "riff raff". They waltz in, loud and physical towards each other, then their eyes immediately go towards the sharks and rays. While my ex described the mucosal system of the hagfish to a very bored looking muscle dude, I was tasked with a guy who looked like Hulk Hogan, only a bit shorter and tattoos covering almost everywhere. Basically, he was pretty intimidating. He leaned down on his enormous knee, and put his hand in the water. He swished his hand around a bit and I timidly told him that what he was doing would just scare them away.

He looked distraught by this, and with a voice as intimidating as his biceps, kindly asked "how to pet the lil' fellas". I told him about the two finger touch, and he complied, correctly petting a nearby bamboo shark. With a chuckle, he moved on to a ray, and he described it as "like touching a slimy baby". These sharks and rays brought an enormous smile to the enormous face of the enormous man, and that made me pretty content.

He asked if there were any male sharks, and I explained that they all were, otherwise we'd have a breeding crisis, since we were already raising about 20 more in the tanks. He looked at one and petted it once more, and said something along the lines of: "This'n is pretty cute. I think I'll name him Bart. He looks like a Simpsons guy to me."

After he finished petting Bart, he beckoned to his nearly asleep friend that it was time to leave. From that day on, that particular shark was named Bart, to accompany the ray I named Narvaez, who liked to slap the sides of the tanks a lot.

TL ; DR: "Riff raff" visits my aquarium, exceeds expectations

I have more aquarium stories specifically regarding Narvaez for those who want me to post them, or I also have awkward phone call stories from being a secretary at a law firm.
#90 Posted: 06:42:57 29/01/2016
^While I was reading that I thought the guy was gonna kill it
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#91 Posted: 06:44:46 29/01/2016

I was fearful when he initially reached in tbh, but he was much kinder and caring about those little guys than I ever expected. He seemed generally interested about them.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#92 Posted: 07:30:33 29/01/2016
ive probably told this one already. whatever.

It's 20 minutes before close at Taco Time, and me and the person running the desk with me are all finished cleaning, were just kinda standing by, waiting for the twenty extra minutes to pass. Now keep in mind that Taco Time was really strict about cleaning. So the whole place pretty much had to be washed from head to toe. Jump to 10 minutes before, im standing around, fiddling with my table cards(because i fidget too much) and then this lady comes waltzing in with her mom and her 3 or 4 kids, all ranging between 6 years and 6 months.

Her kids absolutely trash the place, there is food all over the floor and soda spilled. Needless to say, me and my co-worker were pissed. We cleaned the whole damn place again. We ended up staying 30 minutes after closing, irrc.

Morale: dont come in to restaurant with your kids and expect the workers to watch them, we aren't a babysitting service. also, don't make a mess of my station or im gonna kick your ass.

Quote: StriderSwag

I was fearful when he initially reached in tbh, but he was much kinder and caring about those little guys than I ever expected. He seemed generally interested about them.

I'm gonna generalize here, but they were probably bikers. Bikers seem to have a lot of kindness for some reason. smilie
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#93 Posted: 23:45:53 29/01/2016 | Topic Creator
^ That sounds frustrating, and unfortunately like something my uncle Bernie and his 5 kids used to do at restaurants. We'd go somewhere in big family groups and his kids would always run around, be loud, and make a mess. It was even worse during a time or two when HE hosted a big family thing, if anyone else did it they would get reservations. Not him, though. I felt bad for the poor little restaurant we all just showed up to one day.

Quote: Eevee88

Shhh!!! That's what I'm doing too!! Tell....no one!!

Thank you :') I update the thread when I have new Larry stories.

Quote: StriderSwag
Okay so I'm bored, so I'm gonna post one.

Like two years back I worked at our local aquarium and manned the shark and ray encounter with my then girlfriend. She showed off the hagfish in a tank in the room while I got the job of teaching people how to use the "two finger touch" to pet the bamboo sharks and Atlantic rays that inhabited the tank.
Since I worked in the summer and early fall, we generally got groups of young kids on summer school trips, with the number of children anywhere between 5 and 35.

One day, these big muscular guys come in, all tattooed up, looking generally like what my 60 year old manager described as "riff raff". They waltz in, loud and physical towards each other, then their eyes immediately go towards the sharks and rays. While my ex described the mucosal system of the hagfish to a very bored looking muscle dude, I was tasked with a guy who looked like Hulk Hogan, only a bit shorter and tattoos covering almost everywhere. Basically, he was pretty intimidating. He leaned down on his enormous knee, and put his hand in the water. He swished his hand around a bit and I timidly told him that what he was doing would just scare them away.

He looked distraught by this, and with a voice as intimidating as his biceps, kindly asked "how to pet the lil' fellas". I told him about the two finger touch, and he complied, correctly petting a nearby bamboo shark. With a chuckle, he moved on to a ray, and he described it as "like touching a slimy baby". These sharks and rays brought an enormous smile to the enormous face of the enormous man, and that made me pretty content.

He asked if there were any male sharks, and I explained that they all were, otherwise we'd have a breeding crisis, since we were already raising about 20 more in the tanks. He looked at one and petted it once more, and said something along the lines of: "This'n is pretty cute. I think I'll name him Bart. He looks like a Simpsons guy to me."

After he finished petting Bart, he beckoned to his nearly asleep friend that it was time to leave. From that day on, that particular shark was named Bart, to accompany the ray I named Narvaez, who liked to slap the sides of the tanks a lot.

TL ; DR: "Riff raff" visits my aquarium, exceeds expectations

I have more aquarium stories specifically regarding Narvaez for those who want me to post them, or I also have awkward phone call stories from being a secretary at a law firm.

That's really cute
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:53 29/01/2016 by Big Green
#94 Posted: 03:06:55 11/02/2016 | Topic Creator
I FORGOT TO UPDATE THIS WITH MORE LARRY!!!!

Last week Larry came through my lane and was talking about his age again. He talked about how old he would be in 5 years, and I asked him if it would be 60. I'm kind of surprised he's remained consistent about talking about his age. He also mentioned how old he would be in 100 years and how he doesn't want to live that long. Good thing he's probably immortal so he could live to be 155.

A few days before that, I asked a coworker if Larry said anything interesting lately because I saw Larry talk to him. He said Larry talked about what he would do if he won the lottery. Larry wants to take him and get a private jet and a bunch of hookers and travel the world if he wins the lottery.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#95 Posted: 04:01:03 11/02/2016
I wish I had some stories but Gamestop ****ed me so hard and never even let me start training (and also didn't even have the courtesy to tell me they weren't picking me up, even after the 5+ times I contacted them both on phone and in person; mind you I was actually hired and went to orientation at this point).

I honestly forgot a lot of encounters at the DOE last summer and the vast majority weren't even remotely unpleasant.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:01:31 11/02/2016 by CAV
#96 Posted: 04:03:58 11/02/2016
Bro Larry is my spirit animal

I will strive to be like him when I am ??? years old
---
#97 Posted: 04:44:52 11/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah, also Larry bought cat food then, so I guess he either has a cat or enjoys eating cat food himself.
#98 Posted: 23:43:29 11/02/2016
I hope Larry eats it himself!
---
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#99 Posted: 00:25:40 12/02/2016
Kid at work today went into the bathroom with two other boys and pulled down his pants/underwear.
He didn't even need to go to the bathroom.

He said he was trying to be "unpredictable."

Yep.
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me