darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive (Comic Prequel, Out Now!)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive (Comic Prequel, Out Now!)
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#151 Posted: 00:38:51 02/09/2015
^I wouldn't preorder it off of itunes. I did that for a couple of issues and some of them turned out to be other series by IDW.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#152 Posted: 00:40:53 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I noticed by the reviews of issue 11 that they got a Littlest Petshop issue instead.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#153 Posted: 09:03:46 02/09/2015
IDW comics doesn't have it yet ;.;
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#154 Posted: 09:05:50 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Digital versions of comics usually take a few days before they're released online on IDW website or other available sites. I'd recommend going to your local comic book store later on to see if Rift into Overdrive (RIO) is in stock.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#155 Posted: 09:08:30 02/09/2015
Comixology was always on the same day, though I have no idea if there's a rollover time that's not midnight for them or something.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#156 Posted: 15:29:44 02/09/2015
Does any body know if places like TRU and target will have the book? And do we know how much it will cost in the U.S?
---
Dead
#157 Posted: 15:31:32 02/09/2015
15 dollars I think. Not sure about places, never even lived near a comic book store to begin with to know some names.

Looking around for the digital release places... Not listed at all in Comixology still, Amazon seems to have physical only set to come out on Monday(??), not even showing up elsewhere. What's going on...?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:24 02/09/2015 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#158 Posted: 17:50:46 02/09/2015
Sounds like it was supposed to be out today. Has ANYONE found it?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#159 Posted: 17:58:00 02/09/2015
Why can't anyone find it? Whats happening?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#160 Posted: 17:59:50 02/09/2015
Can't be a delay because Fico Ossio wasn't warned of any of that and said it's out already on his DeviantART page; and unlike the other times it's being listed as Releases Coming Out September 2nd everywhere. Amazon listing it as the 5th is also strange since comic releases seem to happen Wednesdays only.
But hey,at least whatever's going to happen, it's confirmed to be canon in the release articles:

Quote:
Bullet points:
  • The first ever Skylanders Original Graphic Novel featuring the exclusive story tying Skylanders: Trap Team to the Skylanders 2015 game launch!
  • Featuring a plot and script from the Skylanders video game architects! 100% in-canon!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:59 02/09/2015 by Bifrost
#161 Posted: 18:07:58 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Luminous35
Why can't anyone find it? Whats happening?

Be patient, Lumi, not everyone can go to comic book stores right away. Heck, to some who have comic stores nearby, and have complete free time, why not go and see if they have RIO available.

IDW released the book today, nothing to worry about. It's not going anywhere.
---
#162 Posted: 18:09:20 02/09/2015
I'm super confused mostly because I have none to go to - 100% relying on either digital or someone in the US/UK, can't check for anything myself.
IDW's facebook is also listing it on their "New Book Day", so yeah, it's nothing planned,it seems.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:46 02/09/2015 by Bifrost
#163 Posted: 18:27:34 02/09/2015
Well, I'm just about to leave for my comic store, so I'll let everyone know if I find anything.
---
Dead
#164 Posted: 18:34:15 02/09/2015
I really want to read it. No I won't get the book but I want to read it online.
---
#165 Posted: 18:47:56 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
The digital edition won't be out for a while, currently the physical copy is now available. So you'll have to wait until someone posts the spoilered summary of the comic.
---
#166 Posted: 19:42:29 02/09/2015
I just came back from my comic book store, and they had it. In the back, it had backstories for all the new superchargers. I'll post a spoilered summary later, after I re-read it, to make sure there isn't anything I missed.
---
Dead
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#167 Posted: 19:44:57 02/09/2015
Ooohh, can't wait to hear all of the backstories.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#168 Posted: 19:49:29 02/09/2015
Quote: mega spyro
I just came back from my comic book store, and they had it. In the back, it had backstories for all the new superchargers. I'll post a spoilered summary later, after I re-read it, to make sure there isn't anything I missed.

If there are any... Interesting frames for certain characters, feel free to put them in there as well. Depending on who shows up in the comic it might be a good idea to know the designs in advance. But only if it doesn't take much time, we can wait to see them in the next few weeks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:49:59 02/09/2015 by Bifrost
#169 Posted: 20:01:12 02/09/2015
I MUST HEAR ASTROBLAST'S STORY!

Gosh I want to find it smilie

Can you also PM me how Kaos escapes?
---
#170 Posted: 20:06:04 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Luminous, mega spyro can just post the comic summary as a spoilered comment on the topic. There's no need for PM secrecy. smilie
---
#171 Posted: 20:08:56 02/09/2015
Ok sorry....
---
#172 Posted: 22:13:17 02/09/2015
Well,considering mega spyro didn't put the backstories on the news topic, I guess he had to leave for a bit. I'll put the backstories there myself meanwhile,then.

I'm still finding it super strange for absolutely no digital comic store to have them,even as preorder or something. Several of the sites ARE listing as "release on September 2nd" on catalogues and stuff but if the comic pdf is clearly not there, you'd think someone would edit the actual date in eventually.

Also noticed it's not listed at all in Comic Book Resources, though I'm not sure if they keep track of graphic novel previews.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:45:45 02/09/2015 by Bifrost
#173 Posted: 00:07:32 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
No, only separate comic previews are listed on the comicbookresources.
---
#174 Posted: 11:25:27 03/09/2015
So, after a whole day later... Does anyone else have the novel?

Still looking around in digital comic places,not even a bit of an update - in fact trying to see the kindle edition of Rift into Overdrive on Amazon redirects to The Kaos Trap.
---
#175 Posted: 14:15:14 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I'll be getting the comic in the mail later on today. When I get it and read it, I'll post the summary.

Edit - Got my copy of the Rift into Overdrive prequel.

The Core of Light was moved to the Skylander Academy.

Glumshanks came to free Kaos with a Magic Skull trap, but was surprised that Kaos was still his old self.

Kaos had been pretending to act good ever since he was locked in Traptanium. While in his imprisonment, he has been growing stronger and stronger, even becoming strong enough to escape his cell for a short time without the Skylanders noticing. He formulated a plan for his escape by unleashing a small fragment of The Darkness sealed inside the school. This fragment of Darkness has been giving Kaos his power.

Kaos begins using his Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction to create rifts, which destroys everything, disabling the Portal network and communication, leaving the Skylanders elsewhere stranded.

The benevolent Ancient used the Rift Engines (the engines the SuperChargers are standing on in their toy forms) to spread magic and light to worlds yet known, connecting Skylands to these many worlds.

Flynn and a group of Skylanders, Jet-Vac, Terrafin, Stealth Elf, and Gill Grunt, go to Know-It-All Island to learn more about the whereabouts of the Rift Engines from the Stoneheads. When a rift opened up, the Skylanders and Flynn were saved by the SuperChargers, which is their first meeting. Sadly Know-It-All Island and the Stoneheads were consumed by the rift.

Count Moneybone joins Kaos in his conquest and launches a massive attack on the Skylander Academy along with Kaos. The Giants and most of the Skylanders battle the aerial forces to protect the school.

Count Moneybone captures Flynn, Cali, and Hugo and imprisons them on his ship.

With the SuperChargers' help, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Terrafin and Jet-Vac all touch elemental Rift Engines found at the bottom of the Whirlpool of Destiny in the Swirling Sea and transformed into their SuperCharger counterparts to defeat the dark Elite Drow attacking them and begin their next adventure leading to the game itself.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:18:17 03/09/2015 by Aura24
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#176 Posted: 20:26:21 03/09/2015
Quote: Aura24
I'll be getting the comic in the mail later on today. When I get it and read it, I'll post the summary.

Edit - Got my copy of the Rift into Overdrive prequel.

Glumshanks came to free Kaos with a Magic Skull trap, but was surprised that Kaos was still his old self.

Kaos had been pretending to act good ever since he was locked in Traptanium. While in his imprisonment, he has been growing stronger and stronger, even becoming strong enough to escape his cell for a short time without the Skylanders noticing. He formulated a plan for his escape by unleashing a small fragment of The Darkness sealed inside the school. This fragment of Darkness has been giving Kaos his power.

Kaos begins using his Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction to create rifts, which destroys everything, disabling the Portal network and communication, leaving the Skylanders elsewhere stranded.

The benevolent Ancient used the Rift Engines (the engines the SuperChargers are standing on in their toy forms) to spread magic and light to worlds yet known, connecting Skylands to these many worlds.

Flynn and a group of Skylanders, Jet-Vac, Terrafin, Stealth Elf, and Gill Grunt, go to Know-It-All Island to learn more about the whereabouts of the Rift Engines from the Stoneheads. When a rift opened up, the Skylanders and Flynn were saved by the SuperChargers, which is their first meeting. Sadly Know-It-All Island and the Stoneheads were consumed by the rift.

Count Moneybone joins Kaos in his conquest and launches a massive attack on the Skylander Academy along with Kaos. The Giants and most of the Skylanders battle the aerial forces to protect the school.

With the SuperChargers' help, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Terrafin and Jet-Vac all touch elemental Rift Engines found at the bottom of the Whirlpool of Destiny in the Swirling Sea and transformed into their SuperCharger counterparts to defeat the dark Elite Drow attacking them and begin their next adventure leading to the game itself.

Anything on Spyro having a role?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#177 Posted: 20:30:03 03/09/2015
Well, that was a bit overkill, I gotta say.

Know-It-All Island IS kill after all. RIP rocks I never actually cared about.

But wait, Eon recruited all these guys and never told the Skylanders? Would've been useful for them to know a few months before.

Gosh darn Count Moneybone. Does he get a redesign? I couldn't buy the comic even if I sold my spare portal exactly today.
---
#178 Posted: 20:31:26 03/09/2015
Got my copy of the Rift into Overdrive prequel.

Whoa!!!!

Could this mean Count Moneybone is in Skylanders Superchargers? And how Kaos escaped really surprised me especially how Glumshanks came with a magic skull trap (Confirms Kaos is in the Magic Element smilie) And Kaos was PRETENDING to act good!? Wow I thought he was actually good. And petrified Darkness was powering Kaos? Man this story is getting good! Now I'm extremely excited for Superchargers. It's going to have an amazing story line. Poor Know it All Island smilie Anyway Count Moneybone might be in the level Land of the Undead as a boss. After he gets defeated I imagine Kaos will be like "YOU FOOL!" Lol. Man I wish I had the book!
---
#179 Posted: 20:34:58 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, don't worry he has a role.

Apart from his participation in the last day of school celebration, Spyro took part in explaining the rift situation to the other Skylanders and remained at the Academy to help keep the Core of Light safe along with other Skylanders and the Giants. At first he instructed Stealth Elf and Jet-Vac to go to Know-It-All Island, but allowed Gill Grunt and Terrafin to go with them. During the Academy battle, Spyro briefly took over as leader when Master Eon in his spirit form confronted Kaos from his Doomstation. When they drove off Kaos' forces, Spyro knew that Kaos' battle regarding the rift was just the start of the war between the Skylanders and Kaos.

Quote: Luminous35

Could this mean Count Moneybone is in Skylanders Superchargers? And how Kaos escaped really surprised me especially how Glumshanks came with a magic skull trap (Confirms Kaos is in the Magic Element smilie) And Kaos was PRETENDING to act good!? Wow I thought he was actually good. And petrified Darkness was powering Kaos? Man this story is getting good! Now I'm extremely excited for Superchargers. It's going to have an amazing story line. Poor Know it All Island smilie Anyway Count Moneybone might be in the level Land of the Undead as a boss. After he gets defeated I imagine Kaos will be like "YOU FOOL!" Lol. Man I wish I had the book!

It wasn't Petrified Darkness, if you read the spoiler correctly. It was The Darkness itself, the source behind all evil.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:37:26 03/09/2015 by Aura24
#180 Posted: 20:40:24 03/09/2015
Oh,yeah,and besides the question before;

The Darkness fragment was probably too small to have a personality and stuff, am I correct? Doesn't seem like they'd spill the beans before the game as to what it'll end up looking like. Reminder I haven't seen the spoiler achievements all the way.
---
#181 Posted: 20:45:08 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Here goes -

Quote: Bifrost
Well, that was a bit overkill, I gotta say.

Know-It-All Island IS kill after all. RIP rocks I never actually cared about.

But wait, Eon recruited all these guys and never told the Skylanders? Would've been useful for them to know a few months before.

Gosh darn Count Moneybone. Does he get a redesign? I couldn't buy the comic even if I sold my spare portal exactly today.

I couldn't tell from the angle he was in, but it looked like his old design.

The Darkness fragment was probably too small to have a personality and stuff, am I correct? Doesn't seem like they'd spill the beans before the game as to what it'll end up looking like. Reminder I haven't seen the spoiler achievements all the way.

Yeah, The Darkness fragment didn't speak at all, it is the last pieces of The Darkness itself. Master Eon tried to warn Kaos about forces he has no possible control over.
---
#182 Posted: 20:47:13 03/09/2015

It was a vial about as big as Kaos, but considering it's the source of all evil in Skylands, it's probably not large enough to have a personality.
filler
---
Dead
#183 Posted: 20:49:42 03/09/2015
Well,at least this seems to be setting the tone quite well.

Still pretty strange,since the previews talked about a personality and all. I just hope the game shows quite a chunk of this, we need Kaos vs. Moneybone ham fight, because you know they'll argue over SOMETHING.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:06 03/09/2015 by Bifrost
#184 Posted: 20:52:14 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
And I noticed something.

Spitfire mentioned meeting Stormblade while outrunning the rifts Kaos has been opening. Stormblade helped Spitfire evacuate Stormy Stronghold and the royal family there pointed them to the Know-It-All Island Stoneheads to see if they know what is causing the rifts. That's where they found Jet-Vac, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Terrafin and Flynn in danger and saved them. Stormblade and Spitfire also called on others to look for answers, such as Fiesta and Dive-Clops.
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#185 Posted: 20:53:04 03/09/2015
Juuuuuuust you wait, Bifrost. Just you wait...
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#186 Posted: 20:59:21 03/09/2015
...There's a royal family there? Considering the state it was ingame, doesn't seem like ANYONE would live there.

Still wondering why Eon didn't even say they existed to the other Skylanders, seems like the kind of stuff you'd leave around as a plan b everyone's aware of. But answer at your own pace guys, I might be pushing it :U
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:13 03/09/2015 by Bifrost
#187 Posted: 21:00:55 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
The thing is, Bifrost...

The SuperChargers weren't even Skylanders until the very end of the book.
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#188 Posted: 21:23:36 03/09/2015
I seriously want the book now.

Count Moneybone and Kaos teaming up was something I hoped for. I wonder how they'll bounce off of one another in the game.

And is the Academy connected to Eon's Citadel/Ruins? It seems a little dangerous to put the Core of Light at their school.
#189 Posted: 21:25:01 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
No, the Academy is separate from the Ruins.

They just moved the Core of Light to the Academy.
---
#190 Posted: 21:25:21 03/09/2015
Why would they be dumb enough

To put the core of light there especially with Kaos there smilie
---
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#191 Posted: 16:36:53 05/09/2015
Is there any website that I can read the whole comic for free? I want to read it but not if Ihave to pay for it
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#192 Posted: 16:52:26 05/09/2015
If other people are paying for it to give us the summaries(and later on scans), wouldn't it be better to enjoy what's already free and not illegal?
---
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#193 Posted: 17:54:35 05/09/2015
Oh I didn't mean to sound like I'm in to illegal scans. As long someone provides them on here I'm okay
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:50 05/09/2015 by Fizzle
#194 Posted: 19:35:49 05/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Poor Flynn...

He lost his Dread-Yacht. Again. This time it was consumed by the rift that took Know-It-All Island.
---
#195 Posted: 21:25:27 05/09/2015
Quote: Fizzle
Oh I didn't mean to sound like I'm in to illegal scans. As long someone provides them on here I'm okay

That wouldn't change the fact it's illegal...
---
Dead
#196 Posted: 18:40:09 06/09/2015
Poor Flynn...

He lost his Dread-Yacht. Again. This time it was consumed by the rift that took Know-It-All Island.

AGAIN!?? Cmon!

How many times is he going to loose his ship smilie
---
#197 Posted: 21:08:59 06/09/2015
Well...
it IS cursed after all smilie
#198 Posted: 21:48:08 06/09/2015 | Topic Creator
The fact that the Dread-Yacht is cursed isn't spoilers, since the curse has been known since 2012.
---
#199 Posted: 22:08:38 06/09/2015
Just being careful in case I was gonna add anything about RiO smilie
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#200 Posted: 23:45:56 06/09/2015
Man I really wanna read this.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me