Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > DarkSpyro Riot: GIVE US BACK OUR TITLES!!
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
DarkSpyro Riot: GIVE US BACK OUR TITLES!! [CLOSED]
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1 Posted: 00:56:00 05/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Dark52! You can't do this to us! You can't just give us custom titles for a couple days and then take them away! Give them back!! I demand it!! What's wrong with titles?! There's literally no reason for us NOT to keep them!!

Everyone else, let's rise up and MAKE Dark give us our custom titles back! I will be the Destroyer of Worlds one day!! I will get that title, which was stolen from me, back!!
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#2 Posted: 00:57:48 05/04/2015
the custom titles were an april fools joke though ?
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#3 Posted: 00:58:57 05/04/2015
exactly
the custom titles were an april fools jokes
it's not april fools anymore
because everyone liked them, dark kept them for a few days
now it's over
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#4 Posted: 00:59:27 05/04/2015
http://www.amazon.com/Tine-Pit...t/dp/B001AZLOEA
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#5 Posted: 01:00:49 05/04/2015
I shall join the revolution! -sings Uprising by Muse-
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#6 Posted: 01:03:37 05/04/2015
I'm sad to see them go, but I think Darky's made it pretty clear that he's not going to do it. I'm not too sure what he has against it since we can see that it can work and that everyone likes it, but there you go. I wish he would actually tell us what it is he has against it, but eh, he's always been like that. Honestly I'm surprised he let us keep them after April Fools at all.
#7 Posted: 01:05:53 05/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yes, but why not keep them permanently? I mean, they weren't hurting anyone. People liked them. There's no reason they should have to go!
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#8 Posted: 01:08:29 05/04/2015
I just don't get why dark doesn't want to embrace change? I mean, it's democracy, if most of the people on the site want the custom titles in some way, shape, form or capacity, then don't you think it's fair he answer our request? I mean, this was basically a site wide want for this. And it's not uncommon on forums, one of the forums I visit has a custom title option and it still shows how many points you have and what rank you are, it's an easy thing to do. What's the point of a suggestion box if someone doesn't check and adhere to at least one of the suggestions?

Maybe I'm just alone on this.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#9 Posted: 01:11:36 05/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunarz
I just don't get why dark doesn't want to embrace change? I mean, it's democracy, if most of the people on the site want the custom titles in some way, shape, form or capacity, then don't you think it's fair he answer our request? I mean, this was basically a site wide want for this. And it's not uncommon on forums, one of the forums I visit has a custom title option and it still shows how many points you have and what rank you are, it's an easy thing to do. What's the point of a suggestion box if someone doesn't check and adhere to at least one of the suggestions?

Exactly! If all the people want it, why not give it to them, especially if it's an easy and common thing to do like custom titles!
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#10 Posted: 01:17:39 05/04/2015
Quote: wanderist
I'm sad to see them go, but I think Darky's made it pretty clear that he's not going to do it. I'm not too sure what he has against it since we can see that it can work and that everyone likes it, but there you go. I wish he would actually tell us what it is he has against it, but eh, he's always been like that. Honestly I'm surprised he let us keep them after April Fools at all.

This.

Also forums have democracy? If that were true, I think a lot of questions would be answered and we would have a much bigger KB limit on our avatars.

But you know, it is Dark's forum. As in his calls to certain issues that are technically an issue. Though personal titles would be nice and all, but it's more of a fun thing than a concern.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#11 Posted: 01:18:55 05/04/2015

Agreed.
#12 Posted: 01:21:39 05/04/2015

I agree with you. Especially considering it's been shown to work perfectly well already. >.>
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#13 Posted: 01:37:09 05/04/2015
Disclaimer: I'm not taking a stance on if there should be titles or not. I rather liked having one during the week. What follows is just a theory or two.

I think part of why he doesn't want it is because moderating people from putting inappropriate ones could be a little trouble (need other mods' input on this; were we allowed to edit titles?), and a bunch of titles around could be a little confusing.

I also get the feeling he prefers the organization of people having their sparx ranks (or Hunter) displayed clearly, since that's the reason gems exist in the first place. Everyone having individual titles expresses individuality no doubt, but also makes a bit of a mess and renders the sparx ranks moot, which he may not like.

I wouldn't be surprised if later down the road he slightly changes his tune, but makes it exclusive for mods (which I think would sting more than not having them at all), but I don't think he will ever really bother with doing them for users. Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the perks in the prank were suggestions that were rejected time and time again.

EDIT: Another thing to keep in mind is that a lot of sites that do have custom titles usually keep it for people who donate cash to the site. Dark has made it fairly evident that he doesn't accept donations and probably never will.

EDIT 2: Maybe it could work if they had the rank below the username, and then the title below the rank. But that would probably require a fairly strict character limit.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:42:22 05/04/2015 by CAV
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#14 Posted: 01:38:10 05/04/2015
I want my title back smilie
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 02:07:08 05/04/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Dark52! You can't do this to us! You can't just give us custom titles for a couple days and then take them away! Give them back!! I demand it!! What's wrong with titles?! There's literally no reason for us NOT to keep them!!

Everyone else, let's rise up and MAKE Dark give us our custom titles back! I will be the Destroyer of Worlds one day!! I will get that title, which was stolen from me, back!!

A user harshly demanding an admin?

Seems that custom title of yours boosted your already inflated ego.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:07:29 05/04/2015 by Aura24
#16 Posted: 02:08:21 05/04/2015
Quote: Aura24

[User Posted Image]

-----
---
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#17 Posted: 02:08:44 05/04/2015
Can everyone please just stop complaining about this? It's really just getting annoying.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
#18 Posted: 02:11:59 05/04/2015
Civil petition failed so we have no choice but to use force.
[User Posted Image]
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#19 Posted: 02:13:23 05/04/2015

holy ****

aura went from skylander-er to the cool kid on the block in one post!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:38 05/04/2015 by Badwolfmichael
#20 Posted: 02:14:41 05/04/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

holy ****

she's like the quiet kid who went in the cave that everyone else was afraid to go in and then everyone thinks she died but she actually survived the feat of the cave and came out a hero on the playground
---
#21 Posted: 02:17:32 05/04/2015

holy ****

she's like the quiet kid who went in the cave that everyone else was afraid to go in and then everyone thinks she died but she actually survived the feat of the cave and came out a hero on the playground

dayum
#22 Posted: 02:23:17 05/04/2015
I'm suddenly very attracted to aura, rawr smilie

I'm just kidding Aura, please don't take my lunch money ;~;
---
#23 Posted: 02:23:26 05/04/2015
Quote: Spyrobaro
holy ****

How to become a cool kid: A guide by Aura

1) Smash 'em!
2) Say somethin' sassy!

only $14.99, coming to a Walmart near you
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#24 Posted: 02:29:56 05/04/2015

Except when it isn't.

From my experience, Dark pretty rarely listens to his users.

Just like Nintendo >.>;
#25 Posted: 02:33:31 05/04/2015
Lol...
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#26 Posted: 02:44:41 05/04/2015

So if dark isn't listening to us AND runs the whole website, does that mean darkSpyro is technically communist?

OMG DARK52 IS COMMUNIST IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:11 05/04/2015 by pankakesparx456
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#27 Posted: 02:46:28 05/04/2015
I'm so sad. :(
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#28 Posted: 02:47:36 05/04/2015
I can say from personal experience that user customization of titles don't really add much of anything whatsoever.

That's not to say it makes sense to not allow it. I'm sure the site owner has his reasons. This is a website on the internet. It's really not a democracy.

This site is very interesting to me. Most sites are run like they're a business. This one clearly is not, yet it still draws in users.

It doesn't offer certain things, even though it's what people want, and it's extremely bare-bones, presumably to reduce server costs that rely solely on advertisements since he doesn't accept donations.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:28 05/04/2015 by Philomena
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#29 Posted: 02:49:57 05/04/2015
well it did take dark forever to hire some hunters/mods, so it will probably take a few years for dark to hear our plea. But I do think dark should change some things, since it's pretty bad that the April Fools joke with the money actually made the site more fun and interesting, and you couldn't even use all the options. If the coin thing was permanent and you could actually raise money to change some of the site, the forum will be much more interesting.

My only thought is that dark might have changed it back because he knew that people will put offensive stuff in it, and this is supposed to be a kid friendly forum. Although he could just make it so that cussing isn't aloud....

oh and i read the title as 'give us back our titties' .__.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:07 05/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#30 Posted: 02:51:29 05/04/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
well it did take dark forever to hire some hunters/mods, so it will probably take a few years for dark to hear our plea. But I do think dark should change some things, since it's pretty bad that the April Fools joke with the money actually made the site more fun and interesting, and you couldn't even use all the options. If the coin thing was permanent and you could actually raise money to change some of the site, the forum will be much more interesting.

oh and i read the title as 'give us back our titties' .__.

this to the max

don't worry, I will soon unleash my titties
---
#31 Posted: 02:52:27 05/04/2015
Quote: CAV

EDIT 2: Maybe it could work if they had the rank below the username, and then the title below the rank. But that would probably require a fairly strict character limit.

That can probably work. Though I did had a few ideas of my own. Of where we can park the titles.

Disclaimer: I do not own CAV and I do not know what front Dark used for the typing of the site. Also I normally suck at photoshopping.

Example 1: [User Posted Image]

Example 2: [User Posted Image]
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#32 Posted: 02:52:49 05/04/2015
^ goddammit you, quoting me before i could edit my post >:(

EDIT: freaking ninja'd, i suck at this
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:53:23 05/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#33 Posted: 02:53:17 05/04/2015
Quote: Trix Master 100

That can probably work. Though I did had a few ideas of my own. Of where we can park the titles.

Disclaimer: I do not own CAV and I do not know what front Dark used for the typing of the site. Also I normally suck at photoshopping.

Trix, you are bae

I'm all for option one.
---
#34 Posted: 02:54:29 05/04/2015
^ goddammit you, quoting me before i could edit my post smilie

Get rekt skrub

jk bby ily ur always mi # wan
---
#35 Posted: 02:54:56 05/04/2015
^ goddammit you, quoting me before i could edit my post >:(

More like Greninja'd amirite?
---
icon from Empoh
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#36 Posted: 02:55:16 05/04/2015
holy ****

You can tell that you (and Lunarz to an extent) haven't been around that long. Aura used to be one of the most respected users on the entire site pre-Skylanders, and even for a while after.

I'm suing for copyright infringement.

EDIT: Also that first image with the title below the avatar is a lot better than my idea.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:58:18 05/04/2015 by CAV
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#37 Posted: 02:58:21 05/04/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456

So if dark isn't listening to us AND runs the whole website, does that mean darkSpyro is technically communist?

OMG DARK52 IS COMMUNIST IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

It's more Fascism since he runs both.

Quote: Philomena
I can say from personal experience that user customization of titles don't really add much of anything whatsoever.

That's not to say it makes sense to not allow it. I'm sure the site owner has his reasons. This is a website on the internet. It's really not a democracy.

This site is very interesting to me. Most sites are run like they're a business. This one clearly is not, yet it still draws in users.

It doesn't offer certain things, even though it's what people want, and it's extremely bare-bones, presumably to reduce server costs that rely solely on advertisements since he doesn't accept donations.

EXACTLY.
As much as I want them to be put into the site, it's not gonna happen. The only reason he added mods was because of rampant trolling.

I'm digging example 2.
#38 Posted: 02:59:01 05/04/2015

I like option 1
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#39 Posted: 03:05:12 05/04/2015

The problem is that you replaced the Online status. If we were to do this then I would recommend a blinking light system representing your status.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Although I guess private users will forever have a red blinking light.
#40 Posted: 03:12:21 05/04/2015
Quote: somePerson

The problem is that you replaced the Online status. If we were to do this then I would recommend a blinking light system representing your status.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Although I guess private users will forever have a red blinking light.

I forgot those existed...Whoopsy Daisy.

also suing u for copying my disclaimer words u punk.
---
icon from Empoh
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#41 Posted: 03:59:00 05/04/2015
i like example 1 that pleases me.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#42 Posted: 04:03:34 05/04/2015 | Topic Creator

First off, this is a riot, so obviously there's gonna be demanding.

Second, where is this proof that I have an inflated ego? I in fact have no ego, as I have hated myself for about eight years. I am struggling in school, my family has had little money since my mom got fired, and I have stitches all over my mouth right now because my teeth didn't grow right and didn't push out my baby teeth, so they had to pull them all out and I thus had to get many stitches. I have Asperger's Syndrome, making me strange to say the least, which was what ended up in me being bullied for the first five years of my school life which had a permanent impact on my self-confidence. I think I've been through enough in the mere 14 years of my life without people like you cyberbullying me.

Don't bully people if you don't know their story.

On topic: EVERYBODY KEEP RIOTING! YES KEEP THOSE FIRES GOING! JOHN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT PITCHFORK, UGH, GROSS... You know what, I shouldn't have expected anything less from John at this point. EVERYONE ELSE KEEP RIOTING!!
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#43 Posted: 04:04:15 05/04/2015
Lets all refuse to post anything else until they give them back!
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#44 Posted: 04:04:46 05/04/2015
If you want the titles back that badly you know you could just photoshop it into your avatar.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#45 Posted: 04:05:17 05/04/2015

First off, this is a riot, so obviously there's gonna be demanding.

Second, where is this proof that I have an inflated ego? I in fact have no ego, as I have hated myself for about eight years. I am struggling in school, my family has had little money since my mom got fired, and I have stitches all over my mouth right now because my teeth didn't grow right and didn't push out my baby teeth, so they had to pull them all out and I thus had to get many stitches. I have Asperger's Syndrome, making me strange to say the least, which was what ended up in me being bullied for the first five years of my school life which had a permanent impact on my self-confidence. I think I've been through enough in the mere 14 years of my life without people like you cyberbullying me.

Don't bully people if you don't know their story.

....Why are you using your condition as an excuse for this?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me