Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
A polite reminder. [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1 Posted: 18:28:38 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
When making a topic here in S&N, it is obligatory that every single user cares about what the topic and what you have to say in it. If there is a single user who dares to post "I don't care" or imply that they do not care, then you have failed as a user and as a topic creator. I am reminding you all this so that you do not have to learn the hard way like I did smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:28:57 30/03/2015 by Mrmorrises
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2 Posted: 18:30:23 30/03/2015
Someones going to post "I don't care"
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#3 Posted: 18:30:51 30/03/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

I don't care.
#4 Posted: 18:31:29 30/03/2015
/thread
#5 Posted: 18:34:17 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyro and sonic

I don't care.

Oh dear lord, I have failed to heed the advice of my own reminder! The irony!
#6 Posted: 18:39:09 30/03/2015

I don't care.

I don't care.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#7 Posted: 18:44:30 30/03/2015
Are you asking to get trolled?
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#8 Posted: 18:46:22 30/03/2015
Quote: CAV

Yup, and because I can, "I don't care." smilie
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#9 Posted: 18:47:07 30/03/2015

i don't care
#10 Posted: 18:48:07 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Yep, remember never to post topics based on what you want to post, but instead based on what people care about smilie
#11 Posted: 18:49:14 30/03/2015
I don't care.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#12 Posted: 18:51:55 30/03/2015
I don't care.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#13 Posted: 18:53:24 30/03/2015
i care ;_______________________;
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#14 Posted: 18:54:08 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator

No, just making a polite reminder smilie
#15 Posted: 18:54:39 30/03/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises

I don't care
#16 Posted: 18:54:44 30/03/2015

I don't care.

I don't care.

I don't care.

I don't care.

Quote: JCW555
I don't care.

I don't care.
#17 Posted: 18:55:11 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hot Dog 542
i care ;_______________________;

That doesn't matter because nobody else cares about my topic so that means I'm a useless piece of **** and need to leave this site.
#18 Posted: 18:55:13 30/03/2015

I politely don't care. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:57 30/03/2015 by JCW555
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#19 Posted: 18:55:31 30/03/2015
I have thought about this and to be quite honest with you, I just don't care.
#20 Posted: 18:56:44 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: thumper

I know, what a terrible waste of human life I am, selfishly posting stuff that only I care about. My apologies, everyone.
#21 Posted: 18:58:23 30/03/2015
Mrmorrises, this whole thread is a joke now. I don't see how you can't see that :/
---
#22 Posted: 18:59:17 30/03/2015
Yep, remember never to post topics based on what you want to post, but instead based on what people care about smilie

You know, I don't exactly think its about 'caring', instead its more on the level of what your most noted (as far as I know) topics are about; I recall Ferguson (that struck some nerves), the abortion topic that's several pages back, and then the current perpetrator ... SpongeBob Liberal issue. Yeah, those topics have caused some major debates, and things do tend to get rough when you strike the nerves of an offended party.
---
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#23 Posted: 19:00:34 30/03/2015
I care if that helps.
---
^ You all know it's true
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#24 Posted: 19:01:05 30/03/2015

I know, what a terrible waste of human life I am, selfishly posting stuff that only I care about. My apologies, everyone.

What? omg I thought you were joking, I'm sorry. Nah buddy I'm a waste of human life, all I do is f up everything. I just can't say or do anything right. Damn smilie
#25 Posted: 19:01:40 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: theuone

You know, I don't exactly think its about 'caring', instead its more on the level of what your most noted (as far as I know) topics are about; I recall Ferguson (that struck some nerves), the abortion topic that's several pages back, and then the current perpetrator ... SpongeBob Liberal issue. Yeah, those topics have caused some major debates, and things do tend to get rough when you strike the nerves of an offended party.

Whoa! Did you just use critical thinking......? Don't introduce new concepts like that to this site!!!!
#26 Posted: 19:02:33 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator

What? omg I thought you were joking, I'm sorry. Nah buddy I'm a waste of human life, all I do is f up everything. I just can't say or do anything right. Damn smilie

No, my dear, you are not because you make topics that people care about.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:53 30/03/2015 by Mrmorrises
#27 Posted: 19:03:16 30/03/2015

No one is truly a waste of life (At least you aren't rather), but perhaps you are just too serious for S&N. If it helps, sorry for any emotional problems that I might have caused.
---
#28 Posted: 19:03:20 30/03/2015

Don't say that smilie
#29 Posted: 19:06:10 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator

No one is truly a waste of life (At least you aren't rather), but perhaps you are just too serious for S&N. If it helps, sorry for any emotional problems that I might have caused.

Tis not your own fault, tis my own. I was so foul as to post based on my own interests and not everyone else on the site's.
#30 Posted: 19:09:16 30/03/2015
Let us remember that this is the group of people who once asked that there be more serious topics in this section.

It's blowing up in your face.

Quote: JCW555
Mrmorrises, this whole thread is a joke now. I don't see how you can't see that :/

He's responding with jokes in return.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:16 30/03/2015 by CAV
#31 Posted: 19:13:59 30/03/2015

Whoa! Did you just use critical thinking......? Don't introduce new concepts like that to this site!!!!

Okay, but considering you keep introducing touchy topics to a children's gaming site, in the subforum where no one takes anything seriously, did you really expect there to be a long, thought provoking discussion?
If you want a talk about politics and very heated discussions, go to Idle Chatter. This isn't the place for it.
#32 Posted: 19:15:34 30/03/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

Okay, but considering you keep introducing touchy topics to a children's gaming site, in the subforum where no one takes anything seriously, did you really expect there to be a long, thought provoking discussion?
If you want a talk about politics and very heated discussions, go to Idle Chatter. This isn't the place for it.

This exactly.
#33 Posted: 19:20:40 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator

We've had serious topics in S&N, including a particular one in which moderators stepped in to reprimand those who were derailing it.

Here: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=115413

The difference is that there are users on this site who actually like the guy who created this topic, therefore the moderators have to keep his topic on track, but when someone who nobody likes (me) is having their topic derailed with silliness, then it's totally fine.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#34 Posted: 19:21:17 30/03/2015

- - -
---
Cool cool.
#35 Posted: 19:23:13 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
"I agreed with something that sounds smart, does that automatically make me smart?"
#36 Posted: 19:24:07 30/03/2015

Quote: me on SpongeBob Liberal issue topic
Newsflash:

Mrmorrises, for those who are on the side of PwnageFTW, like me, ... the topics you make, though they show your level of intelligence and use of logic to prove your point, also show how rude that you are too. Not to mention that we've hade enough of your controversial topics, as this is not the place for them; go to Idle Chatter.

Go on, reply, shoot me down if you can, I can get right back on up.

Mrmorrises, you are a good guy, that can be seen, but your topics just aren't in the right place; there are quite likely young kids viewing those topics, seeing something that is just not ... fitting. Sure, they can see them most likely wherever you post them, but S&N is a much more active and popular place than Idle Chatter, so they are bound to see them more than they would in Idle Chatter. Maybe you meant for that so there would be more replies, but you can tell what that has turned into.
---
#37 Posted: 19:24:34 30/03/2015
"I agreed with something that sounds smart, does that automatically make me smart?"

No, but other people will think you're smart, because if you agree with some smart comment, obviously you understand it...
#38 Posted: 19:29:04 30/03/2015

We've had serious topics in S&N, including a particular one in which moderators stepped in to reprimand those who were derailing it.

The difference is that there are users on this site who actually like the guy who created this topic, therefore the moderators have to keep his topic on track, but when someone who nobody likes (me) is having their topic derailed with silliness, then it's totally fine.

We've had topics that are serious in S&N, but topics on politics and racial prejudice have always created heated arguments.
S&N simply isn't the place for a topic that can turn into a big issue. Marriage isn't that big of an issue, besides gay marriage which wasn't really even brought up in the topic. The topics you've posted have usually been around pretty controversial topics, and those can make even the most level headed people take sides.

I like you, I think you're a good user. I like Sess too. You're far from a waste of space. All I'm saying is that heated debates belong in Idle Chatter more than they do here. IC is a lot more serious, rarely anything gets derailed, and most of the topics there are about opinions anyways. Here in S&N, it has the word "nonsense" in it's goddamn name. Don't expect a lot of serious topics here. Controversial ones are just going to cause fights.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#39 Posted: 19:37:48 30/03/2015

Yes, how dare i agree with a smart comment. fight me.

Mrmorrises, were you really expecting a serious talk about something as overblown-sounding as "Spongebob controversy?" You seem like a nice guy but you're taking this way too seriously, especially considering topics get derailed in this section all the time.
---
Cool cool.
#40 Posted: 19:39:57 30/03/2015

Hold it.

Not that long ago there were a topic or two with a fair amount of people asking for more serious topics in S&N. And yes, S&N specifically because serious discussion (or really any discussion aside from anime) dies in Idle Chatter. It's an unfortunate cycle that people choose to stay here than to venture out to the other section, but we work with what we got.

Over the past few years I've seen S&N more than capable of having serious discussions, and they were almost always gold. It can still happen, and while the topic in question wasn't the best example for it (that kind of title begged to not be taken very seriously), I do believe we can get serious threads here again, and actively encourage it.
#41 Posted: 19:48:49 30/03/2015

Hold it.

Not that long ago there were a topic or two with a fair amount of people asking for more serious topics in S&N. And yes, S&N specifically because serious discussion (or really any discussion aside from anime) dies in Idle Chatter. It's an unfortunate cycle that people choose to stay here than to venture out to the other section, but we work with what we got.

Over the past few years I've seen S&N more than capable of having serious discussions, and they were almost always gold. It can still happen, and while the topic in question wasn't the best example for it (that kind of title begged to not be taken very seriously), I do believe we can get serious threads here again, and actively encourage it.

I agree that S&N should have some serious topics. I'm just saying it can't handle really big issues like race.
#42 Posted: 19:49:23 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator

We've had topics that are serious in S&N, but topics on politics and racial prejudice have always created heated arguments.
S&N simply isn't the place for a topic that can turn into a big issue. Marriage isn't that big of an issue, besides gay marriage which wasn't really even brought up in the topic. The topics you've posted have usually been around pretty controversial topics, and those can make even the most level headed people take sides.

I like you, I think you're a good user. I like Sess too. You're far from a waste of space. All I'm saying is that heated debates belong in Idle Chatter more than they do here. IC is a lot more serious, rarely anything gets derailed, and most of the topics there are about opinions anyways. Here in S&N, it has the word "nonsense" in it's goddamn name. Don't expect a lot of serious topics here. Controversial ones are just going to cause fights.

Okay, I was being completely facetious calling myself a waste of space, and I will admit that I took that sarcasm a bit too far there.
#43 Posted: 19:52:45 30/03/2015
I agree that S&N should have some serious topics. I'm just saying it can't handle really big issues like race.

It can. It's just that we're all mostly in agreement about issues like that.

Besides the thread in question wasn't about race. It was about wealth classes.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#44 Posted: 19:54:26 30/03/2015
When making a topic here in S&N, it is obligatory that every single user cares about what the topic and what you have to say in it. If there is a single user who dares to post "I don't care" or imply that they do not care, then you have failed as a user and as a topic creator. I am reminding you all this so that you do not have to learn the hard way like I did smilie

For a person who ignores other people's thoughts because their posts lack capitalization and punctuation, you sure seem to put a lot of value on what others think about your topics.

There is no shame in admitting that their posts got you worked up. Self-reflection is a vital process of learning, and you shouldn't try to shield yourself with images of moral or intellectual superiority, no matter whether you were correct or not.
#45 Posted: 19:55:59 30/03/2015

It can. It's just that we're all mostly in agreement about issues like that.

Besides the thread in question wasn't about race. It was about wealth classes.

Not to be rude or sound angered, but if kind of like to see an example of a big issue being handled well on S&N, if that's not a problem.

I was just using race as an example, but this one was tied to classes and in turn, politics. Politics is one of those topics that people get in a lot of fights over.
#46 Posted: 19:57:17 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Samius

For a person who ignores other people's thoughts because their posts lack capitalization and punctuation, you sure seem to put a lot of value on what others think about your topics.

There is no shame in admitting that their posts got you worked up. Self-reflection is a vital process of learning, and you shouldn't try to shield yourself with images of moral or intellectual superiority, no matter whether you were correct or not.

Save the sermon for Sunday, pal. I was being completely sarcastic with that post.
#47 Posted: 20:02:04 30/03/2015

Save the sermon for Sunday, pal. I was being completely sarcastic with that post.

You could have just said you were being sarcastic, you didn't have to be so rude about it.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#48 Posted: 20:07:43 30/03/2015

Yes, obviously. I'm just saying that if you want people to like you more, maybe some effort to reconcile with them would be in order.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me