Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Splatoon Topic!
Page 1 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26
The All Purpose Splatoon Topic!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1 Posted: 00:51:16 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Welcome to the All Purpose Splatoon topic! Here you can set up battles and discuss Nintendo's newest IP!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is Splatoon?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Splatoon is Nintendo's new third person shooter game, the multiplayer mode has four modes currently, Turf Wars, Splat Zones, Tower Defense, and Rainmaker;

Turf War involves you and 3 other teammates trying to cover the map in your colored ink as your opponents team is trying to do the same. The team with the most ink on the field by the end of the game wins.

Splat Zones has you and your team trying to keep control of a specific area on the map by covering it with your teams ink in a "King-of-the-Hill" style game.

Tower Defense is a mix on the "Capture the Flag" game mode where you have to stand on the floating tower to make it move to the opponents base so your team can win the game. Rainmaker is another "Capture the Flag" based mode where your team must take the Rainmaker weapon that is located in the center of the map to another specific area to win.

Every once and a while there will be a 24 hour Splatoon festival called a Splatfest. Splatfests are large scale battles against two different teams set around a theme. Some previous themes have been Cats VS Dogs, Pop Music VS Rock Music, Transformers VS Decepticons, and Waterslides VS Rollercoasters. You pick your team and fight against the other with the goal of winning more battles. On the next day the news reporters for updates, new weapons, and more, Callie and Marie, will announce the winner of the Splatfest based on how many people joined the team and how many wins the team got.

You can customize your multiplayer character with a huge amount of clothing and weaponry fit to your liking, each one with varying stats and abilities.

The Campaign mode pits you against the Inkling's greatest foe, the Octarians. You head underground into their domes to retrieve the stolen Zapfish that power Inkopolis, and if you don't get them back in time, could bring back terrible machines called the Great Octoweapons! There you will platform and use your ink in various different manners to battle against the Octopi threat, all while being helped out by an old war general and the two mysterious agents that were sent off to fight before you, Agents 1 and 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
amiibo Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

This game is currently compatible with 5 amiibo, an Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, Inkling Squid, and the Squid Sisters, Callie and Marie. By tapping one of the Inkling amiibo to the GamePad, players can receive special missions to unlock exclusive weapons and gear only available from these amiibo. The Squid Sister amiibo unlock a sound test where you can choose a song for the duo to perform in your plaza. There is also recolors of the Inkling amiibo that will be released on July 8th.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Videos
~~~~~~~~~~~
E3 2014 Reveal Trailer
Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2014 -- Day 1 Day 2 Day 3: Splatoon
Splatoon Singleplayer Trailer
Splatoon January Direct Preview
April 2015 Direct; New Maps
Splatoon Direct 5.7.2015
Splatfest Incoming!
August Update Trailer (JP)
November 2015 Direct; Inkredible New Stages and Gear
New Stage Squid Dance (Piranha Pit & Ancho-V Games)
Squid Sisters - New amiibo

[User Posted Image]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Splatoon Official Website
Squidboards; Splatoon Fan Forum
Live from Squid Research Lab; Splatoon news

Feel free to suggest anything to make this OP better!
Edited 37 times - Last edited at 06:30:59 02/07/2017 by LunarDistortion
Blisten Ripto Gems: 62
#2 Posted: 00:55:41 26/03/2015
I feel like this would be the greatest Nintendo game, if not the greatest game, of the year. Gun-lovers just can't get enough guns, and those who feel the shooter genre's getting stale will probably have a whale of a time in this game. I already pre-ordered the game.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3236
#3 Posted: 09:52:15 26/03/2015
I am so hyped for this game, it's unreal, it seems like the new sort of game you can just spend hours of playing online matches for fun and to get better. The sort of game that you play when you have no idea what else to play. The sort of game that if they did make amiibos for, which it looks like they are, I will buy 30 of them. :U
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:52:45 26/03/2015 by TorchSheep
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4 Posted: 00:57:03 27/03/2015
Im super excited to get this game! I'm kinda mad that the launch is 2 months away,and will still don't have a set date. (Im hoping for the 1st half of May, since I have exams to take during the 2nd half so I wouldnt be as able to play.) But what do you guys think about the release? Im glad its only about a month away, but we still have no exact date
#5 Posted: 01:38:23 27/03/2015
It's worth the wait for me.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#6 Posted: 04:42:12 27/03/2015
I guess my theory on it being delayed was correct... The Facebook page changed the date from May 2015 to Summer 2015 now...
---
words. letters. filler.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#7 Posted: 04:46:23 27/03/2015
im not usually into shooters but this one loks great.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#8 Posted: 15:36:40 27/03/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
I guess my theory on it being delayed was correct... The Facebook page changed the date from May 2015 to Summer 2015 now...

Actually its been changed back to May 2015. Confirming no delay!
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#9 Posted: 02:24:19 06/04/2015
this game looks great got the amiibo bundle its cool almost like a better version of call of duty
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#10 Posted: 02:45:59 06/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm really hoping I can even get the Amiibo with the way they're selling now.
#11 Posted: 02:49:02 06/04/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I'm really hoping I can even get the Amiibo with the way they're selling now.

I had to wait in line for a while to get my ness and splatoon amiibo set but it was worth it good luck though, but I think spaltoon amiibo will be common while ness on the other hand is gonna be crazy but its nintendo so you never know
---
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#12 Posted: 15:14:10 06/04/2015
Hey there! I attended wondercon this past weekend and got to see the amiibos up close! From what i was told the ones in the case were final testing runs (even thought they say in the case there were not final), but they are absolutly GORGEOUS

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 00:14:56 22/04/2015
Sorry for bump, but i need this game...
#14 Posted: 00:56:17 22/04/2015
Best Buy offering a Splatoon Wii U bundle.
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
#15 Posted: 10:49:02 22/04/2015
^I personally think I'd quite like that.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#16 Posted: 01:26:19 23/04/2015
i cant wait for this games release it looks quite promosing.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#17 Posted: 17:58:19 26/04/2015
Best Buy offering a Splatoon Wii U bundle.
[User Posted Image]

I think it will help sell wiiu's not as much as smash did but still help sell wiiu
---
#18 Posted: 19:05:16 26/04/2015
I Pre-ordered this at target!
#19 Posted: 01:31:37 04/05/2015
Who is excited abut the splatoon direct this week!!!
---
#20 Posted: 03:27:14 04/05/2015
Not really. It'll just be some "new" news that is just repeated from past announcements to get more hype for the game.
---
words. letters. filler.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#21 Posted: 06:05:22 04/05/2015
The fact that their is no options for customizable matches even in private online parties and no voice chat is suicide for the game.
#22 Posted: 00:59:10 05/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Not really. It'll just be some "new" news that is just repeated from past announcements to get more hype for the game.

I don't know, I think their will be at least something new exclusive from the Direct. I'm pretty excited for it myself.
#23 Posted: 14:04:00 07/05/2015
Seems like they teased a demo at the beginning of the Direct...
---
words. letters. filler.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#24 Posted: 14:41:14 07/05/2015
The Direct was disappointing overall (really half of the update features should be there at launch - also locking retro style games behind Amiibo is kinda dumb), but the demo was definitely the best announcement. Looking forward to trying it out.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#25 Posted: 18:00:41 07/05/2015
This game is going to be dropped so hard. No mic (even in parties, what the hell), no customizable games (not even in parties), and tacked on single player.

Yeah no, I'm not buying this anymore.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#26 Posted: 19:11:20 07/05/2015
Quote: zer0dch
This game is going to be dropped so hard. No mic (even in parties, what the hell), no customizable games (not even in parties), and tacked on single player.

Mic = Micspam, swearing, trolling.. shall I go on?

Single player? For a console game? What about the few people who have terrible internet connections and are unable to access online multiplayer? Or the younger kids who isn't skilled at the game and wants to improve?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#27 Posted: 19:17:56 07/05/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Single player? For a console game? What about the few people who have terrible internet connections and are unable to access online multiplayer? Or the younger kids who isn't skilled at the game and wants to improve?

There isn't even mic options for friends in a party. That alone is awful. And to be honest, some of us like mics in game lobbies? Its a necessary feature in games nowadays.

LOL SINGLE PLAYER FOR A CONSOLE GAME? What reasoning do you need?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#28 Posted: 20:30:51 07/05/2015
Still reasonably excited (and cautious) for this. I probably won't buy it at launch (economic reasons) and I am a little disappointed that some features won't be there at launch, but I'm glad that they're at least promising free updates and support for the game post-launch instead of leaving it as it is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:13 07/05/2015 by CAV
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#29 Posted: 20:37:19 07/05/2015
Quote: Matteomax

There isn't even mic options for friends in a party. That alone is awful. And to be honest, some of us like mics in game lobbies? Its a necessary feature in games nowadays.

LOL SINGLE PLAYER FOR A CONSOLE GAME? What reasoning do you need?

[User Posted Image]

Keep at your whining man, its hilarious
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#30 Posted: 21:52:54 07/05/2015
Just wondering, has it been confirmed that this game has off-tv play at least in some modes? I was hoping to help my cousin do a walkthrough series of single player or something but my tv is horrible quality with my camera, so I usually only use the gamepad in my vids. I'm assuming turf wars is tv-only due to some special weapons requiring the gamepad to use smilie
#31 Posted: 22:12:23 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm not as optimistic about this game as I was before the Direct, there were a lot of things I didn't like...

For one, I really don't like those J-Pop Inklings. I just find them really annoying, I know it's a game from Japan, but I really don't want that to be my main news source for Splatoon info like which maps are playable or updates are up at the moment.

Speaking of which, I don't like the whole "We'll give it to them when they're ready" mentality they're going with this game, it seems really cheap to not give all of the content in the base product and instead spread it out over 4 months. The lack of options in this game is really scaring me, it all seems like you can't get on and play your favorite map with the gear and weapons you want, you have to get on in this certain time frame and use the predetermined weapon set with gear that gives random boosts. Unless you make it your long term goal to find and buy good looking gear with the boosts you want, "Too bad for you" says Ninty.

Maybe they don't want another Little Mac thing where you have a ton of people playing a certain way and being terrible for the first few months of the games release online, but it still seems pretty condescending not to give it to us from the get go.

Smash Inkling costumes? Wonderful! Gamestop Preorder exclusive? Probably the worst idea I've heard about Nintendo DLC/Retail exclusives ever. I seriously hope they announce a second Mii Costume pack during E3 that contain these things, because if not then I won't get to play as my second most wanted DLC fighter in game. Stop Nintendo, don't do this sort of thing.

Also, I wasn't expecting it too much, but I'm still surprised at the lack of ANYTHING Mario Sunshine related. Not even a cameo; No F.L.U.D.D Weapons, No Isle Delfino map, not even a hidden Shadow Mario "M" mark on a wall or something. The games are so similar (In fact Splatoon was supposed to be a Sunshine sequel) and yet, nothing? Man, this is disappointing seeing Sunshine always getting the short end of the 3D Mario game stick.

Overall, very disappointing and honestly scaring me into what the game could become. That's not what a Direct is supposed to do...
#32 Posted: 22:17:15 07/05/2015
I'm not as optimistic about this game as I was before the Direct, there were a lot of things I didn't like...

For one, I really don't like those J-Pop Inklings. I just find them really annoying, I know it's a game from Japan, but I really don't want that to be my main news source for Splatoon info like which maps are playable or updates are up at the moment.

Speaking of which, I don't like the whole "We'll give it to them when they're ready" mentality they're going with this game, it seems really cheap to not give all of the content in the base product and instead spread it out over 4 months. The lack of options in this game is really scaring me, it all seems like you can't get on and play your favorite map with the gear and weapons you want, you have to get on in this certain time frame and use the predetermined weapon set with gear that gives random boosts. Unless you make it your long term goal to find and buy good looking gear with the boosts you want, "Too bad for you" says Ninty.

Maybe they don't want another Little Mac thing where you have a ton of people playing a certain way and being terrible for the first few months of the games release online, but it still seems pretty condescending not to give it to us from the get go.

Smash Inkling costumes? Wonderful! Gamestop Preorder exclusive? Probably the worst idea I've heard about Nintendo DLC/Retail exclusives ever. I seriously hope they announce a second Mii Costume pack during E3 that contain these things, because if not then I won't get to play as my second most wanted DLC fighter in game. Stop Nintendo, don't do this sort of thing.

Also, I wasn't expecting it too much, but I'm still surprised at the lack of ANYTHING Mario Sunshine related. Not even a cameo; No F.L.U.D.D Weapons, No Isle Delfino map, not even a hidden Shadow Mario "M" mark on a wall or something. The games are so similar (In fact Splatoon was supposed to be a Sunshine sequel) and yet, nothing? Man, this is disappointing seeing Sunshine always getting the short end of the 3D Mario game stick.

Overall, very disappointing and honestly scaring me into what the game could become. That's not what a Direct is supposed to do...

I think the costumes for smash can be bought maybe just the people who get it from gamestop get it for free
also maybe they will announce that sunshine dlc is coming at e3
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#33 Posted: 14:23:34 08/05/2015
Anyone want to play this game with me later in the day?? im fugaljoker on wii u
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#34 Posted: 14:43:15 08/05/2015
Lunar is is a SMALL reference to Mario in Splatoon! The super snails look like Super Mushrooms!

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#35 Posted: 02:39:02 09/05/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
Anyone want to play this game with me later in the day?? im fugaljoker on wii u

But we can't even play in matches with friends unless you stumble upon them in this demo?
---
words. letters. filler.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#36 Posted: 04:07:32 09/05/2015
That demo/ beta was extremely fun, I'm looking forward to the next play session!
#37 Posted: 04:07:56 09/05/2015
Well that was something.
---
words. letters. filler.
#38 Posted: 04:10:04 09/05/2015
Yes, it was worth getting up at 4am for! I turned the motion controls off after the first match, it made it so much more enjoyable in my opinion.
#39 Posted: 04:48:16 09/05/2015 | Topic Creator
It's safe to say the majority of my fears stemming from the Direct were gone by the time this SGT thing was done. That was great fun!

This game is going to be great, looks like I was worried for no real reason!

Carrie and Marie have sorta grown on me, I like their designs a lot more as time goes by and the J-Pop style songs seem to be tolerable at least. Also, I can't help but like subtle puns.

As I played this Global Testfire, it sorta dawned on me, these are only two out of the five maps and I'm still having great fun. It could keep me going for a week or two from just those two maps; from only the 4 weapon sets, but we have have 3 more maps coming on launch. Not to mention throughout the summer new maps will be added pretty frequently, as well as new modes and weapons. It seems more like a way to expand the games life cycle, give us the game a bit earlier, and help with balancing of gear and weapons rather than a dirty move by Nintendo saying "We'll only give them 20% of the game, and have them wait until August to use it!" as they twist their evil Dick Dastardly/Waluigi mustaches.

The gear boost honestly don't do all that much for you in battle, so I'm not all that mad about that anymore. The weapon boosts and sets also make you want to play the game everyday and buy the new weapons. The system encourages you to try new things in hopes of finding a better set of boosts or weapons, they are a bit like the stores in Animal Crossing in that sense.

I've since learned that these will most likely be distributed elsewhere as implied by the Smash site which says that the release date is TBD. If that's so, carry on. In fact, I might just preorder it myself if it costs less in the long run.

This is the only point from this rant that I still uphold, however, I am much more optimistic about it. E3 is totally when Delfino Plaza will be shown, right!?

Right?

right?
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#40 Posted: 12:04:14 09/05/2015
This is pretty fun to play compared to other shooters I've played. Firstly, quick respawn times. Second, COLOUR. Third, its easy to play in my opinion and weapons are fun. I'll be getting this on release.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#41 Posted: 12:20:37 09/05/2015
God damn it this play time schedule sucks. I only got on for a little bit of the second hour and got two matches in, didn't even get a chance to figure out how to turn off the stupid gyro controls until it cut me off exactly when I did.

This is a terrible model for representing their game.

It seems alright so far but it feels a bit more clunky and floaty than I expected. Also the Splattershot Jr kinda sucks, didn't have time to switch out for something else.
---
#42 Posted: 12:22:25 09/05/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
God damn it this play time schedule sucks. I only got on for a little bit of the second hour and got two matches in, didn't even get a chance to figure out how to turn off the stupid gyro controls until it cut me off exactly when I did.

This is a terrible model for representing their game.

It seems alright so far but it feels a bit more clunky and floaty than I expected. Also the Splattershot Jr kinda sucks, didn't have time to switch out for something else.

When you are in the weapon select menu, press '+' and you can change the control scheme from there (including turning off the motion controls).
#43 Posted: 12:34:56 09/05/2015
Yeah, I realise that now, but I didn't have time to figure it out until the game cut me off.

Again, terrible model for a demo. A demo shouldn't make people feel rushed to play, it should allow people to figure things out at their own pace.
---
#44 Posted: 13:59:08 09/05/2015
I got to play the second time around its great love the weapons they are feel even and balanced can't wait to play the third hour.
---
#45 Posted: 14:02:26 09/05/2015
I played the first hour.it was great
---
#46 Posted: 14:36:23 09/05/2015
AWESOME.

Splat Roller is awesome. Me and my sister used it a lot, but my favorite was the splattershot.

It was very fun, and i hope you can turn off the gyro controls.
#47 Posted: 14:38:23 09/05/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
AWESOME.

Splat Roller is awesome. Me and my sister used it a lot, but my favorite was the splattershot.

It was very fun, and i hope you can turn off the gyro controls.

When you are in the weapon select menu, press '+' and you can change the control scheme from there (including turning off the motion controls).-LunarDistortion
---
#48 Posted: 14:41:41 09/05/2015
Great! Now i can play with ease.

Day one.
#49 Posted: 15:10:18 09/05/2015
Are you not gonna play the one in a few hours?
It's a really good, solid game!
The UK preorder bonus is pretty cool:
[User Posted Image]
#50 Posted: 15:11:57 09/05/2015
Quote: TTD
Are you not gonna play the one in a few hours?
It's a really good, solid game!
The UK preorder bonus is pretty cool:
[User Posted Image]

I missed the 4-5am and can't do the 12-1pm because i'll be at a party.
Page 1 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me