Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
unpopular skylanders opinions [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 16:33:04 27/01/2015 | Topic Creator
yeah, i made this.

mine are-

Riptide sucks
drill sergeant sucks
blastermind is my favorite trap master
knight light is better than knight mare
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#2 Posted: 16:43:02 27/01/2015
Shroomboom is horrible
---
now its time to get funky
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#3 Posted: 16:50:48 27/01/2015
Bushwhack is the best trap master released so far.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 16:57:15 27/01/2015
Boomer > Lob Goblin
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#5 Posted: 16:59:29 27/01/2015
Trap Team ruined Terrafin
however, Fist Bump is the worst Trap Team new character (though someone has to be worst I guess)
Activision should not make more unique traps than there are unique villains (looking at you magic and at you legendary traps)

Three at the top of my head.

On the flip side, I think Gusto and Jawbreaker are better than folks say and Eon Elite Trigger Happy is the best character to fight with in Trap Team not named Kaos.
#6 Posted: 17:02:56 27/01/2015
Wallop is amazing
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#7 Posted: 17:30:51 27/01/2015
I actually like Fist Bump. We actually shouldn't say he's the worst overall, but of those currently out.
You still have Fling Kong, Rocky Roll, Echo, & Flip Wreck left, plus Blackout & Spotlight
Agree on Rip Tide and the number of traps vs. number of trapped villains.
Shroomboom is mediocre, I do like his S2 Wow Pow power.
Not a fan of Prism Break
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#8 Posted: 21:28:30 27/01/2015
This fandom is too entitled for its own good. Whine enough about how they have to make S2 Ghost Roaster/make X character OP/nerf this guy I don't like and watch them remind us why we can't have nice things.
Swap Force is the lowest point of the series at the moment.
Story over gameplay. Build your world before stuffing it with gimmicks.
I now prefer Blastermind over Enigma. His design is better, but how many Ignitor/Ghost Roaster clones to we need? Eye-Brawl, Tuff Luck,Snap Shot at least have variation in what they blatantly copy.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#9 Posted: 23:51:23 27/01/2015
The physical figures are more important than the video games.
There are not enough reposes. Everyone should have been reposed in every game after their introduction. the more figures the better.
There should have been 6 light and 6 dark traps.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#10 Posted: 23:53:48 27/01/2015
Lobstar > Everyone
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#11 Posted: 00:30:21 28/01/2015
gusto is fun
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 00:42:33 28/01/2015
Slobber Trap is the best Villain yet.
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#13 Posted: 01:32:47 28/01/2015
Minis are stupid, and If you buy more than one of them willingly, then you are a dumb consumer since they are practically series ones.
Trap team was a de evolution of the skylanders series, and screwed over my opinion of the game
Captain Flynn is not funny
The only truly Quality skylanders game was the first one, 3ds included
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#14 Posted: 01:40:20 28/01/2015
SA 3DS is the best of the 3DS games by far.
Giants 3DS was a mediocre game that was made bad by its glitchiness and lack of polish.
Giants console is my personal favourite.
Skylanders Universe was fun.
Cali x Flynn is awful.
I like Gorm much better than Persephone.
Hugo and Eon are my favourite NPCs and I wish the writers would do something interesting with them again.
Zoo Lou is the most enjoyable Skylander from SF.
Pop Fizz, Ghost Roaster and Boomer have fun design concepts, but gameplay-wise are mediocre.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 14:11:24 28/01/2015 by Arc of Archives
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 01:46:31 28/01/2015
Rufus is enjoyable to listen to everytime I replay a level after the main story is done.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#16 Posted: 02:52:58 28/01/2015
I agree that the number of traps should have matched the number of villains.
I'm not a fan of the traps in that you need to buy extra small parts. I realize this helps with the toys to life by having the traps have a purpose, but it also feels over done to me and too much of a money grab for me. We tried Disney Infinty and I prefer story mode of creating worlds and I didn't care for buying the discs. I personally haven't played Trap Team yet but my son loves it. Activision kinda lost me with the addition of traps.
I liked light core characters, just not the fact they didn't have all the upgrades.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#17 Posted: 03:59:23 28/01/2015
Rufus sucks.
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#18 Posted: 04:11:47 28/01/2015
Trail Blazer is my favourite Trap Team character.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#19 Posted: 06:47:26 28/01/2015
My favorite is Bushwhack
2nd is Gear Shift

My sons favorite is Knight Light
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#20 Posted: 07:44:36 28/01/2015
Quote: drobot007
Rufus sucks.

Quote: Aura24
Rufus is enjoyable to listen to everytime I replay a level after the main story is done.

Rufus told me he would ditch Skylands and marry Kaos' Mom
A mirror
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:45:10 28/01/2015 by Iganagor
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#21 Posted: 07:49:24 28/01/2015
I can't remember the last time I picked up and played with Dino Rang, Sunburn, Rip Tide, Fright Rider, Drill Sergeant, Boom Jet, Grilla Drilla, Warnado, Zap, Fire Kraken, or Prism Break. But I can tell you that tree is my favorite number!

I thought I only had a Nitro Magna Charge, but found a regular Magna Charge when I started playing Trap Team. I decided to switch things up and choose the upper half upgrade path where if it has mass, it can be lifted (or something like that)...only to find out most of the average and bigger size enemies in Kaos' Challenge couldn't be lifted by Magna Charge. I might just reset the top half and choose the other upgrade path since Trap Team nerfed this ability of his.
#22 Posted: 11:37:58 28/01/2015
Free Ranger is best swapper

Earth is my favorite element

Scratch isnt very good
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#23 Posted: 13:03:55 28/01/2015
Earth is best
TT is worst game
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#24 Posted: 16:06:15 28/01/2015
I've got a few:

*If online multiplayer is added to Skylanders 5, it will absolutely ruin the franchise. I will not be buying it or any of the toys.
*"Chase" variants (Employee, Rock, Flocked, Purple, etc.) are an absolute waste of everyone's time and money. If it ain't different in-game, it has zero reason to exist.
*Swap Force is the best game in the series, and the traps are the best hook/gimmick yet.
*The 3DS versions have consistently been worse than the previous entry. Trap Team 3DS is full of glitches, misspellings and mistakes. The only decent thing done for the 3DS games post SA is the ability to scan in all your Skylanders and switch on the fly.
*VV eclipses TfB in every way possible. It sucks TfB is the original developer because while they know toys, game development clearly isn't their strong suit.
*I hate that the core Skylanders have been rendered useless by Swappers, Giants and Trappers.

...thought of one more...

*Activision is actively screwing collectors. They release a fancy box to hold the traps, and it doesn't hold all the traps. WTF? To make matters worse, they didn't provide stickers for the light/dark slots in that fancy box, but did for the crappy cardboard one that comes with the game. I'd like to see a box released without ? for light and dark, and for that box to be able to hold ALL the traps. Variants, variant villains, ultimate Kaos, all of 'em. But I'd have serious issues with buying it as I've already bought one box and shouldn't be forced to buy another, especially when the new box's selling point is something that SHOULD have been included with the original.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:37:54 28/01/2015 by vinzclortho37
#25 Posted: 18:06:57 28/01/2015
Guys, one thing. Unpopular opinion isn't 'X is my favorite skylander'(it's probably popular somewhere) or a place to insult people for what they choose. Yes, you can imply you greatly dislike it, but the point of an unpopular opinion thread is to not cause a flamewar.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#26 Posted: 18:50:56 28/01/2015
- I'm kinda getting sick of Flynn. I think his self centeredness gets more flanderized in each game, especially with the story scrolls in Trap Team.

- I don't like Gearshift.

- Stealth Elf and Trigger Happy are two of my favourite core Skylanders that aren't dragons.
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#27 Posted: 18:52:50 28/01/2015
Umm...

I think whirlwinds laugh is cute
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#28 Posted: 18:54:50 28/01/2015
Quote: SkyScratch
Umm...

I think everything about her is cute. smilie
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#29 Posted: 18:56:51 28/01/2015
Quote: alicecarp
Umm...

Same, she was one of my first skylanders and I love her to death, but a lot of people think her laugh is annoying (can't wait for breeze)
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#30 Posted: 02:07:02 29/01/2015
Quote: alicecarp
Umm...

Same, she was one of my first skylanders and I love her to death, but a lot of people think her laugh is annoying (can't wait for breeze)

Can see it now....err hear it now....when Breeze speeks its Whirlwind on helium....lol. smilie just kidding...she is one of my fav's also.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#31 Posted: 02:42:27 29/01/2015
I hate Gill Grunt!
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#32 Posted: 11:08:41 29/01/2015
Quote: DarkPredator
I hate Gill Grunt!

Not an unpopular opinion, and as I said, most 'I like/hate X skylander' are NOT unpopular opinions. It's lonely at the top(of the list) for the Series Four.
---
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#33 Posted: 13:07:50 29/01/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: DarkPredator
I hate Gill Grunt!

Not an unpopular opinion, and as I said, most 'I like/hate X skylander' are NOT unpopular opinions. It's lonely at the top(of the list) for the Series Four.

Really?! Everyone I have talked to loves him! xD Well I am most certainly glad it is not unpopular! smilie
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#34 Posted: 13:33:09 29/01/2015
There are people for every combination of the fandom. It's one thing if you, say, don't like the concept of Series characters because it's something not everyone is going to even think much of, but in favorite/least favorite character it just depends on where you are. People might love Scratch and hate Gill Grunt here, it might be the opposite on another forum or even section of the forum. Seen opinions change between here, deviantART and tumblr, for example - because everyone will have the characters in mind, but not so much the games,story or the gimmicks.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#35 Posted: 14:31:41 29/01/2015

Given the nature and size of the fandom, I haven't seen anything that would be an unpopular opinion by your definition. If enough people agree with an opinion then it's not unpopular? What happens when you have a lot of people who like one thing but another group featuring a lot of people who dislike it? Is one opinion unpopular or are both, opposing ideas popular?

There are people for every combination of the fandom. It's one thing if you, say, don't like the concept of Series characters because it's something not everyone is going to even think much of, but in favorite/least favorite character it just depends on where you are. People might love Scratch and hate Gill Grunt here, it might be the opposite on another forum or even section of the forum. Seen opinions change between here, deviantART and tumblr, for example - because everyone will have the characters in mind, but not so much the games,story or the gimmicks.

Not liking the concept of Series (x) characters is subjective as well. I know quite a few people who love the idea, myself included. While I'm not thrilled with the fact that they generally keep reproducing the same small selection of characters over and over again, I do like the fact that we get to see different, newer versions of existing characters, potentially showing how they've grown and developed in their powers and capabilities over time.

You might want to refrain from trying to tell anyone what a popular or unpopular opinion can be as it's all dependent on each community that you're part of or have exposure to. "I hate [character]" is just as legitimate as "I hate [gameplay mechanic]" depending on what community you're coming from. Despite its size, this isn't the only Skylanders community on earth, online or off.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#36 Posted: 15:05:34 29/01/2015
It's not about subjective or not, it's about what people commonly say. If you go to the pokémon fandom, you'll hear people say X is their favorite pokémon all the time, but not so much if the Fairy type was necessary or not.This topic pretty much became "what skylander you like/dislike" and not really unpopular opinions for most of it.Few are saying who they think it's overrated and who's really underrated or going against the majority's opinion on a concept in DS, just their preferences in general. For that there's plenty of favorites topics.

But hey I might be just being paranoid about offtopic posts, had plenty of situations of the kind last year to be way too wary. I'll let the mods decide this since there'll be more soon, I don't really care if anyone has the strange notion that any of the dragon skylanders are unpopular or that no one else could possibly be growing real tired of Flynn.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#37 Posted: 15:30:39 29/01/2015
It's not about subjective or not, it's about what people commonly say. If you go to the pokémon fandom, you'll hear people say X is their favorite pokémon all the time, but not so much if the Fairy type was necessary or not.This topic pretty much became "what skylander you like/dislike" and not really unpopular opinions for most of it.Few are saying who they think it's overrated and who's really underrated or going against the majority's opinion on a concept in DS, just their preferences in general. For that there's plenty of favorites topics.

But hey I might be just being paranoid about offtopic posts, had plenty of situations of the kind last year to be way too wary. I'll let the mods decide this since there'll be more soon, I don't really care if anyone has the strange notion that any of the dragon skylanders are unpopular or that no one else could possibly be growing real tired of Flynn.

What you're referring to is what you are seeing people commonly say. Other people from different areas of the country/world, different backgrounds, online forums, etc., likely have varying experiences from what you do. As such, their opinion on what's an unpopular opinion in their normal zone of experience isn't invalid just because you haven't happened to see it be true here. "There's too many Stealth Elves" wouldn't be considered an unpopular opinion based on reading this particular forum since many members are tired of seeing her reposed and added into every bit of advertising that Activision creates. However, based on my interactions with kids and parents in my local area, she's extraordinarily popular and kids can't get enough versions of her, making that statement an unpopular opinion based on my local, subjective experience. Unless you're a mod or can gather all of the data regarding each opinion for all areas of the world, you really can't tell someone whether they're right or wrong about an opinion and its popularity.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#38 Posted: 16:03:04 29/01/2015
Refer to the second paragraph. I just THINK I said I'll leave it up to the mods whenever it's derailing into random opinions or not, and not if we're in Dark Spyro or real life or whatever.
---
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#39 Posted: 03:00:09 30/01/2015
Quote: vinzclortho37
I've got a few:

*If online multiplayer is added to Skylanders 5, it will absolutely ruin the franchise.

completely agree with that one, though it won't stop me getting the game, unless online is made into a more integrated part of the next game.
As long as the main part of the game is playable offline, and there aren't any figure based achievements(if they bring them back) i'll still be playing and likely getting all the stuff.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#40 Posted: 16:00:04 30/01/2015
Quote: min8or
Quote: vinzclortho37
I've got a few:

*If online multiplayer is added to Skylanders 5, it will absolutely ruin the franchise.

completely agree with that one, though it won't stop me getting the game, unless online is made into a more integrated part of the next game.
As long as the main part of the game is playable offline, and there aren't any figure based achievements(if they bring them back) i'll still be playing and likely getting all the stuff.

Would it be an unpopular opinion to say I disagree? But only in the respect that I want TONS of mini games with online support...and nothing else online smilie
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#41 Posted: 16:52:51 30/01/2015
This fandom is too entitled for its own good. Whine enough about how they have to make S2 Ghost Roaster/make X character OP/nerf this guy I don't like and watch them remind us why we can't have nice things.
Swap Force is the lowest point of the series at the moment.
Story over gameplay. Build your world before stuffing it with gimmicks.
I now prefer Blastermind over Enigma. His design is better, but how many Ignitor/Ghost Roaster clones to we need? Eye-Brawl, Tuff Luck,Snap Shot at least have variation in what they blatantly copy.

What's so bad about SF?

My opinions.

Gill Grunt and Spyro should always have a repose.

I prefer VV over TfB (Though TfB is still great)

SSA is the best Skylander 3DS game.

TT, despite being very well made, is the worst in the franchise.

I think the Skylanders franchise will last much longer then people think.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#42 Posted: 06:12:54 31/01/2015
I am not a big fan of Flynn. His ego is as big as the Skylands and he doesn't help.

I would like to see more cat and dragon Skylanders
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#43 Posted: 21:05:48 31/01/2015
Bifrost, there's only one Ghost Roaster. No reposes or lightcores. There may be some similar, but no GR clones
Here's how I see the two main companies that design the Skylanders franchise....
TFB: Style. Their figures are awesomely design, as well as graphics. However, gameplay isn't really their strong point. SSA & SG were good, being the franchise's freshman & sophomore games.
VV: Substance. This is there strong point. Whether or not you liked SF, you go to admit that there was plenty to keep you busy between the waves. The characters weren't bad, but some of them weren't all that great. Bottom of the SF barrel of Skylanders......Riptide. His attacks, lame. His paths, WTF? Essentially they were pretty much the same, except the swordfish was more speed & less damage. The shark was the opposite. Even Grim Creeper & Slobber Tooth were better than him
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#44 Posted: 23:28:35 31/01/2015
All are imo:
Ignitor, stealth elf, chill, eruptor, wind up, chop chop, slobber tooth, bash, prism break, torch, and jet vac SUCK.
Double Trouble is the best ( obviously )
Trap Team sucked due to no pvp, arena rumble.
Swap Force was ruined by Rufus the Dufus.
Giants had a bad Hub World
Tessa is better than Cali.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#45 Posted: 06:19:30 01/02/2015
I don't much care for SG or SSA. Heroic challenges were boring, but you felt you had to do them to effectively play any character. I get the most fun out of challenge modes, especially Kaos mode in Trap Team.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#46 Posted: 03:08:50 02/02/2015
Swap Force is the lowest point in the series, it just felt flat. No story, no level diversity, and hour long levels.

Eruptor is not overused (in fact, he's my favorite skylander yet)
---
Dead
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me