Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Forum Games [CLOSED]
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#1 Posted: 05:30:34 12/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok I noticed something. The new forum games are kinda... Well go and check yourself. That board is full of ****.
I remember some old and popular forum games but now almost every game is just so.. Argh

PEOPLE WHAT HAPPENED?

I wonder when does someone make a "WOULD YOU **** WITH THE ABOVE AVATAR"-topic?
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:33:30 12/12/2014 by StalkerSnake
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#2 Posted: 05:32:49 12/12/2014
[User Posted Image]
_ _ _
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#3 Posted: 05:58:49 12/12/2014
They're just games. Does it really matter?
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#4 Posted: 08:01:09 12/12/2014
I'm planning on making a more complicated forum game in the future. Something resembling my old base defense game, if anyone remembers that one. It's going to be set in the LoS universe.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#5 Posted: 08:24:49 12/12/2014
*goes to check forum games*
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#6 Posted: 12:13:36 12/12/2014
Trends come and go, even in forum games. The avatar-related games are what is most popular right now.
Regardless, you don't have to post in the ones you don't like. If there's an older one, I'm pretty sure you can't get in trouble for posting in it and starting it up again. :3
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#7 Posted: 17:00:38 12/12/2014
I'm waiting for someone to make "You and the avatar above are making a forum game..."

Chances are some better ideas would come out of it than what we currently have.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:01:27 12/12/2014 by CAV
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7738
#8 Posted: 17:23:39 12/12/2014
Ah, I remember the birthday games smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#9 Posted: 19:32:00 12/12/2014
This is stuff and nonsense...
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#10 Posted: 23:09:30 12/12/2014
Your mom is an avatar.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#11 Posted: 02:30:05 13/12/2014
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: Samius
I'm planning on making a more complicated forum game in the future. Something resembling my old base defense game, if anyone remembers that one. It's going to be set in the LoS universe.

I'm listening.

I was thinking of creating something like a kindom-building game in the LoS setting, that mixes features from video games like Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Dwarf Fortress, Utopia (browser MMO) and Civilization.
I'm not sure if you know how my old Base Defense game worked (you can still find the topic, it's not locked. Actually, I think I'll resurrect it tomorrow if I have the time), but it's very simple. Basically, I am the game-master and take care of all the "rules" and generate all the features in the game myself; other users are the players who get to decide what happens in the game and what actions the kingdom takes to grow.
However, it's not like a forum RP where you gotta commit to the topic, you can come and go as you please, if you don't post that just means you don't get to choose how the kindom develops.

There is also a back-story, and it goes something like this:

"After Malefor's destruction the planet was split into multiple floating landmasses, which left the civilizations of the world with no real way to connect and trade with each other. The largest of the realms, The Dragon Realm, split apart and the western half came to be inhabited by dragons, moles, a few tribes of cheetahs, and several isolated bands of apes.
Over a decade of warring over the dwindling supplies of food and other strategic resources, and with no meaningful contact with the other races that might still dwell outside the Dragon realms, these four races managed to look past their aversions and formed a fragile alliance. For months, the most powerful of the race of dragons searched desperately for a solution to their dire circumstances, and finally formed a plan.
Sacrificing most of their power, these dragons created a one-way portal to a new, unknown world. Through the portal they sent refugees from all the four races with the mission to settle this world to the best of their abilities. Every day they struggle to hold the connection between the two worlds open, in hopes of saving everyone from certain annihilation.
As a member of the newly formed dragon council, your task is more humble, but no less important. It is your duty to make sure that the refugees who pass through the portal find themselves in a place where they can truly build anew."

So, as stated above, each user that takes a part in the game represents a single dragon in the council that oversees and leads the refugees in their attempts to create a new realm. There are four races of refugees (moles, apes, dragons and cheetahs), each with their own stats and special traits. The time in the game runs in turns. A turn ends once you have expended all available actions (the choices you users make dictate what the refugees will do) and the next turn will begin once I post a report of the current state of the kingdom.
Each turn represents a couple of days of "real time". Every turn more refugees will come through the portal, and you must feed them, shelter them, and keep them safe by drafting refugees in the army. Your starting supplies won't last for long, so you have to be smart about it.
Eventually you must grow out of your meager settlement near the portal and send bands of refugees to settle new lands, effectively creating new cities with their own governments, economics, populations etc. They might act autonomously or remain under your rule, depending on your actions ( the refugees themselves also have a free will so they might desert from the military or cease constructions, etc. if they are unhappy).

So, anyone interested? I already have a lot of the rules worked out.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me