Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Legendary Starter Pack Question (Toys R Us)
Page 1 of 1
Legendary Starter Pack Question (Toys R Us) [CLOSED]
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#1 Posted: 13:29:51 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I was wondering what kinda prizes people won? Is there always a prize, or a risk of no prize? I'm contemplating buying the regular starter (for stepson) after buying the dark edition, but Target's bonus trap offer is over.
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
Pheonix W Blue Sparx Gems: 520
#2 Posted: 14:49:06 16/10/2014
there is this pack ?? I've never heard of this pack !! but I have dark Version
---
OBJECTION !
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#3 Posted: 15:14:15 16/10/2014
I hate that they called it Legendary. Phoenix, there's nothing Legendary about it. It's just a normal starter pack with a chance to win some prizes.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 16:11:29 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I was trying to avoid the entire "Legendary starter!?" topic yet again, but that's what its called 'cause you can win "legendary prizes"
---
Chaotic Lunacy Green Sparx Gems: 476
#5 Posted: 16:43:11 16/10/2014
It was a card inside the box.
You got a coupon for a free skylander,
And a code to enter online to see if you won one of the instant prizes.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#6 Posted: 16:43:34 16/10/2014
I won a free Giants figure up to $15.99. I read on here other people won things like a free Trap Master figure and a free Swap Force Starter Pack.

The "Legendary" Starter packs have a round green sticker on the front that mentions everyone wins. These will probably end up on the shelf (if they haven't already) since I doubt people pre-ordered much. Inside is a small piece of paper. The top half is the instant win coupon (you win whatever is printed on the coupon) and the bottom half has a code you use online to enter a sweepstakes to win things like a life size mega bloks Skylander, a shopping spree or a bedroom makeover.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#7 Posted: 17:00:37 16/10/2014
I won a skylanders megabloks set, one of the spinning tops sets.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#8 Posted: 17:41:35 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: darkrai848
I won a skylanders megabloks set, one of the spinning tops sets.

So you just brought the winning card back into Toys R Us and redeemed it in store?? This seems like the best way to get a starter pack now!
---
#9 Posted: 17:44:33 16/10/2014
Quote: Sivadreamer
So you just brought the winning card back into Toys R Us and redeemed it in store?? This seems like the best way to get a starter pack now!

Yep, that's all you have to do. Technically you can open the starter pack at the store before you leave, see what you won, then use the coupon right then and there.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#10 Posted: 17:47:00 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dahvoo

Yep, that's all you have to do. Technically you can open the starter pack at the store before you leave, see what you won, then use the coupon right then and there.

That's the plan, no use running back to Toys R Us! With the buy 1 get 1 40% off deal on games (in Canada) this will work out well! Hopefully I get a figure (not that Mega Bloks aren't cool)
---
#11 Posted: 17:50:59 16/10/2014
That's the plan, no use running back to Toys R Us! With the buy 1 get 1 40% off deal on games (in Canada) this will work out well! Hopefully I get a figure (not that Mega Bloks aren't cool)

Just make sure there is a sticker on the starter pack that mentions the whole "Legendary Treasure eveyone is a winner", otherwise you will be very disappointed!
---
#12 Posted: 18:01:33 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator

Just make sure there is a sticker on the starter pack that mentions the whole "Legendary Treasure eveyone is a winner", otherwise you will be very disappointed!

I just called to confirm they still have 'em, that they have the green stickers. Seems they had a ton left after pre-orders, at every store I went to on release day there wasn't a soul waiting in line (like previous years).
---
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#13 Posted: 06:13:12 17/10/2014
Are you in canada? I would love to trade if you still need TH and FB for LDV
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#14 Posted: 12:30:22 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylander_chaos

I am in Canada, and will get back to you about a trade. My local EBgames is saving me a Mirror of Mystery and the new figures supposedly.

So last night I ended up winning a free Spyro's Adventure figure from the TT starter, so I chose a Dino-Rang. It's in mint condition, which is weird for such an old figure....probably gave from that restocking TRU did last year. Gonna leave it sealed on the shelf, we've got a few of him already between us
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#15 Posted: 12:46:15 17/10/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos

I am in Canada, and will get back to you about a trade. My local EBgames is saving me a Mirror of Mystery and the new figures supposedly.

So last night I ended up winning a free Spyro's Adventure figure from the TT starter, so I chose a Dino-Rang. It's in mint condition, which is weird for such an old figure....probably gave from that restocking TRU did last year. Gonna leave it sealed on the shelf, we've got a few of him already between us

It probably helped that TRU got cases of just Dino-Rang last year and probably still have those in stock.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#16 Posted: 14:33:11 17/10/2014
I won a free Giants figure up to $15.99. I read on here other people won things like a free Trap Master figure and a free Swap Force Starter Pack.

The "Legendary" Starter packs have a round green sticker on the front that mentions everyone wins. These will probably end up on the shelf (if they haven't already) since I doubt people pre-ordered much. Inside is a small piece of paper. The top half is the instant win coupon (you win whatever is printed on the coupon) and the bottom half has a code you use online to enter a sweepstakes to win things like a life size mega bloks Skylander, a shopping spree or a bedroom makeover.

I won a free Giants figure as well but mine was $10.99 value.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#17 Posted: 15:20:12 17/10/2014
Free Spyro's Adventure Adventure Pack here.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#18 Posted: 15:35:57 17/10/2014
These wins seem to be TRU marketing genius to clear out old junk taking up space on the shelves and fostering customer loyalty by giving the illusion to customers that they're getting something of decent value. Almost all the free items/prizes have been on sale at TRU in the past year for $3-5. There was that sale when all the Spyros Adventure and Giants triple packs and adventure packs were $10 and buy one get one free making them $5. Even the Giants legendary triple pack was included in those sales. I believe the single figures have been on deep discount as well. TRU is essentially getting away with placating 99.9% of customers who purchase the "Legendary" version of the new game early on at retail price with a bonus something they could have gotten for $3-5 if they had waited for a sale. And the early adopters who purchase the game having been roped in by the promo will more than likely purchase a few figures while at TRU when browsing (doesn't that sound like many of the fans on this forum)...marketing genius!
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#19 Posted: 18:02:15 17/10/2014
Although that's true but how many parents wouldn't love to be getting thier first starter pack for thier kid and end up taking home two? I know I would. :3
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me