Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
My Brother's Still Depressed [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 15:46:20 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
And he's still on his phone, looking through those Psychonauts forums. I keep wanting to tell him that there just won't be another one, but...I just don't know what to do...
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#2 Posted: 15:48:27 22/08/2014
Can you explain what you're talking about. Like a summary because apparently I missed part 1
#3 Posted: 15:53:59 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Part 1: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=105872
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#4 Posted: 16:11:36 22/08/2014
Getting depressed over a game? Really? All you need to do is tell him how ridiculous that sounds. Just move onto something else.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#5 Posted: 16:20:36 22/08/2014
Not trying to sound rude, just being honest here:
Being depressed is bad enough and help should be sought out as soon as possible, but if a person is getting depressed over a game, they really need to find some help. Your brother needs to know that a game is not a person, it's not as if someone has died. He should try thinking about more important issues, like his family, friends, school, or just somehow get his mind off of it entirely. Because at the end of the day, it's just a game, which really isn't something to get depressed over.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#6 Posted: 16:46:18 22/08/2014
I've had friends who've been abused, so I know people who've had valid reasons to be depressed.
Tbh, I think he's substituting, the game is just an excuse/outlet for already existing depression.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#7 Posted: 17:11:27 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Getting depressed over a game? Really? All you need to do is tell him how ridiculous that sounds. Just move onto something else.

His father has told him many times, but my bro just won't quit.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#8 Posted: 17:28:23 22/08/2014
My favourite game series hasn't even got a sequel in the past five years, and the publisher has shut down. I don't even think about it anymore. I just waited until a similar game was made, and got that. Tell him that if he starts looking into other things, he might find something similar to Psyconauts.
---
You can't handle MEMES
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#9 Posted: 17:33:54 22/08/2014
Quote: Qcumber
My favourite game series hasn't even got a sequel in the past five years, and the publisher has shut down. I don't even think about it anymore. I just waited until a similar game was made, and got that. Tell him that if he starts looking into other things, he might find something similar to Psyconauts.

Or even something better.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#10 Posted: 17:39:26 22/08/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

I'm starting to like the game I get more than the original game now, too.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#11 Posted: 18:06:21 22/08/2014
There's also a chance he's just using the game as an excuse to hide some other reason for depression. You'd be startled by how cunning depressees can be (it's like they often subconsciously don't want to be freed).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#12 Posted: 22:36:50 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
One time I overheard that he wanted to go to a shooting range. I don't know what he wants to shoot, or even why he wants to shoot, but...

Brother, you need to calm down.
#13 Posted: 23:06:39 22/08/2014
Really you should tell an adult or get some help for him...
---
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#14 Posted: 23:25:43 22/08/2014
you know what makes me happy
sex smilie
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#15 Posted: 00:09:07 23/08/2014
Quote: aran
sex smilie

Ohohohohoo.....
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#16 Posted: 00:11:22 23/08/2014
Tell him to masturbate his stress away.

It works! ^_^b
#17 Posted: 00:34:32 23/08/2014
Quote: aran
*** :)

Unless he's schizoid or similar, or asexual, or even demisexual.
Not everyone on the planet is naturally sensually driven you know.
---
DragonBornWonko Ripto Gems: 0
#18 Posted: 02:55:56 23/08/2014
I am a bit disappointed in darkSpyro right now for not giving proper help to this person.
What is most likely occurring is that your brother (If I can call them that; you are most likely making an assumption about their gender as well.) is experiencing feelings of otherkin-like nature. One of the characters in this game may have sent a bit of them into your "brother's" soul, and "he" is feeling empty because part of his aura has not seen light in the form of a sequel in a while. I would let your "brother" know that you truly understand what is going on with "him," and to attempt to explore "his" aura for other -kin he may pursue.
#19 Posted: 02:57:17 23/08/2014
No, see the thing is there was a previous thread where we did give "proper" help.
---
#20 Posted: 02:58:28 23/08/2014
I checked said thread. No one talked about otherkin at all.
Please do not lie to me, Doomslicer.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#21 Posted: 03:04:03 23/08/2014
Honest Question:

Does depression over games run in your family? You with Classic Spyro and him with Psychonauts? OS this a genetic thing?

I mean, I love some series that will never see the light of day again, Banjo Kazooie, but I can't do anything about it and I've accepted the fact that Rareware is dead and the dry husk is being forced to make Kinect games.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#22 Posted: 03:06:15 23/08/2014
Depression, including those about having -kin that have not been popularized, does not necessarily run in one's genetics. It can, however, be present when one is a certain gender.
#23 Posted: 03:15:51 23/08/2014
Quote: DragonBornWonko
I checked said thread. No one talked about otherkin at all.
Please do not lie to me, Doomslicer.

Whether or not otherkin is "proper" help is subjective, therefore I did not lie.
---
#24 Posted: 03:20:55 23/08/2014
I am certain that it is the case. As a video game character-kin myself, my soul has communicated with that of the original poster's "brother."
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#25 Posted: 04:07:57 23/08/2014
you are long username-kin
#26 Posted: 04:09:52 23/08/2014
The space commonly used for the username and icon was discriminating me and holding me back. I broke through the grasp.
#27 Posted: 04:13:56 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Honest Question:

Does depression over games run in your family? You with Classic Spyro and him with Psychonauts? OS this a genetic thing?

I mean, I love some series that will never see the light of day again, Banjo Kazooie, but I can't do anything about it and I've accepted the fact that Rareware is dead and the dry husk is being forced to make Kinect games.

It's just me and him.
dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
#28 Posted: 05:33:06 23/08/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

I'm starting to like the game I get more than the original game now, too.

Tell him to try another Double Fine game, like Costume Quest. It's cheap enough, and it looks a lot like this one.
Double Fine isn't one to make sequels, anyways.
---
and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#29 Posted: 13:19:33 23/08/2014
I am certain that it is the case. As a video game character-kin myself, my soul has communicated with that of the original poster's "brother."

First Doomslicer, and now this red sparx, what the hell is with everyone thinking that they are space-dragon-demon-knights?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#30 Posted: 13:36:05 23/08/2014
I was just RP-ing to be fair, and I would've changed my avatar to Lelouch but couldn't compress it small enough to still animate.
---
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#31 Posted: 01:08:41 24/08/2014
I am a bit disappointed in darkSpyro right now for not giving proper help to this person.
What is most likely occurring is that your brother (If I can call them that; you are most likely making an assumption about their gender as well.) is experiencing feelings of otherkin-like nature. One of the characters in this game may have sent a bit of them into your "brother's" soul, and "he" is feeling empty because part of his aura has not seen light in the form of a sequel in a while. I would let your "brother" know that you truly understand what is going on with "him," and to attempt to explore "his" aura for other -kin he may pursue.

I know what you mean. I'm too connected to Sayaka that I check everyday to see if there is an announcement for a new Madoka Magica season or movie to no avail. I WANNA KNOW HOW MY DEAR SAYAKA'S DOING DANG IT!

Never played Psychonauts so I don't know any of the characters nor can have any idea what the OP's brother is really thinking, but if he is thinking of a character in the game and how he/she's doing, I can understand.

Or, like other people said, he could be using this game as a way to mask his real cause for depression. I go through depression myself after all, and we all know about Robin Williams....

*sniff*
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:44:09 24/08/2014 by Failinhearts
#32 Posted: 01:38:03 24/08/2014
I got kinda disturbingly attached to the three main characters in KH: 358/2 Days, because I was extraordinarily lonely at the time (I had a friend or two but I still felt really lonely and uncared for by them). It became like an escape, with Axel and Roxas and Xion becoming like friends to me. I wasn't familiar with Square Enix games at the time so I had expected a happy ending... all through it I was expecting everything to turn out ok and the makeshift little family (that's how I view AkuRokuShi) getting to be together forever.

Needless to say, when
that extremely tragic ending came,
I was kinda crushed
I got over it, but still, I'd get sad thinking about it often

Kinda pathetic at the time, but hopefully insightful.
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#33 Posted: 02:22:32 24/08/2014
Quote: Pixilism

do you know how ridiculous you sound

[User Posted Image]
-------
#34 Posted: 03:35:08 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator
^I didn't. I found the pic a little abstruse (just like the word "abstruse").
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#35 Posted: 04:11:51 26/08/2014
piece of **** uncle francis keeps browsing the quantum leap wiki on his phone. im going to wreck his wedding
dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
#36 Posted: 22:07:06 27/08/2014
Seriously though, try Costume Quest. Double Fine doesn't make sequels.
GET A THERAPIST IF THAT DOESN'T HELP.
---
and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
#37 Posted: 01:06:05 28/08/2014
Kingdom Hearts, man, Kingdom Hearts
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me