Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Fanart has rules too. [CLOSED]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1 Posted: 03:19:09 26/05/2014 | Topic Creator
This for major future references, so we won't run into the same and past issues ever again.

• Please post your art up! - We want to see what you can do, not what other people can do (Collabs are different).
  • Credit original artists - Specifically for edits, because we don't wish to have copyright issues, for when you edit images that did belong to you to begin with.
  • Constructive Criticism - Because it would help improve other artists on their art skills. It's a major thing here.
  • One topic per user - To save us the topic spam, please use one topic for your art. The only reasons you would make another one is if the one you were using is closed from inactiveness, or you used up all the pages in it.
  • Patience is Key - For requesters, please don't rush artists they are doing their best to draw/make the art. Give them time.
  • Art Theft is never tolerated - Any of such we can show to mods and the admin about it. It's illegal. Don't do it.
  • Please try to be Safe for work - It's a kid's forum site after all, we don't need to see certain things that is punishable by ban.

Other than those the main forum rules apply as well. Just these are more serious in Fanart.

May edit later
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 06:54:26 31/05/2014
Big agree with all of them.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#3 Posted: 14:31:31 31/05/2014
Quote:
Credit original artists - Specifically for edits, because we don't wish to have copyright issues, for when you edit images that did belong to you to begin with.

Can I expand on this? Please try to credit the original artist by name (not going "made by not-me!"). The point of crediting an artist, I believe, is supposed to be to give them the attention they deserve for the work they did, to put it bluntly. I've never tried it, so I can't say how difficult/simple it may be, but I'm pretty sure that there's some way to search for the original source of an image if you don't know the original artist (quick Google search shows this info in second result?). It's good that you don't claim work as your own, but if you do actually know the original artist and still go "made by someone else" instead of crediting them directly... :T That kind of thing just annoys me, so sorry for going on a mini-rant on behalf of artists who may not even want that attention... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:33:06 31/05/2014 by Arc of Archives
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 17:36:45 31/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Quote:
Credit original artists - Specifically for edits, because we don't wish to have copyright issues, for when you edit images that did belong to you to begin with.

Can I expand on this? Please try to credit the original artist by name (not going "made by not-me!"). The point of crediting an artist, I believe, is supposed to be to give them the attention they deserve for the work they did, to put it bluntly. I've never tried it, so I can't say how difficult/simple it may be, but I'm pretty sure that there's some way to search for the original source of an image if you don't know the original artist (quick Google search shows this info in second result?). It's good that you don't claim work as your own, but if you do actually know the original artist and still go "made by someone else" instead of crediting them directly... :T That kind of thing just annoys me, so sorry for going on a mini-rant on behalf of artists who may not even want that attention... >_>

Oh it okay, it's just I would put that though I have supreme amount of difficulty when it comes to finding whoever drew the character/artwork of the character at times. If it were let's a Deviant art user with a fairly popular character then I would know who that be from and put that up like on some of my deviantations. Though if it were indirect to the artist like major companies (Example: Activision) then I would put that company's name even though it doesn't directly go to the artist. You see where I'm getting at here?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me