Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > How do you roll about Spyro?
Page 1 of 1
How do you roll about Spyro? [CLOSED]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1 Posted: 01:24:45 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
General question of basically which Spyro game series (this does include Skylanders. Because Spyro is in it.) would you like to see next?

Like "I want my classic Spyro, not some ugly other Spyro", "There needs to be more Legends about Spyro", "SKYLANDERS! Because I like the series very much", or "I'm just gonna go with the flow right now, though Spyro is not the main star anymore I still love him".

Because I've been noticing some topics about "reviving" classic Spyro and such. Which are sort of driving me nuts and a little interested. (I'll explain my thoughts of how it's slightly driving me insane later).

But what would you rather see?

A new Classic style Spyro game?
A better plotted Legend of Spyro game?
Another Skylander game?
Or just either ways/Going with the flow?

Also please share why without being aggressive, if you don't mind. I just don't want to be left clueless and starting a war at the same time.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:28:35 22/04/2014 by Trix Master 100
#2 Posted: 03:06:07 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Thank you for opinion feels Baro. They were interesting.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#3 Posted: 07:46:22 22/04/2014
As I said in another topic, I wouldn't want more Classic games, because the first ones were made by Insomniac, who have moved on to other games and aren't even the same team anymore.

I would, however, like to see more Legend games. They could go somewhere, and maybe add a storyline from StD, GtG or YOTD.

I couldn't care less about Skylanders to be honest. I'm not a fan of it.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Evilness Green Sparx Gems: 312
#4 Posted: 15:26:11 22/04/2014
Well, i'd like to see another TLoS chapter...i'd also like a new classic spyro game, but without Insomniac developing it, it'd probably become something like Enter the Dragonfly or, even worse, a Hero's Tail (please, no! nononono! NOOOOOO!!! *joking, but not so much)...i'm not a skylanders hater, seriously, i never played them, just saw some gameplay and...there isn't a REAL protagonist in there. They used Spyro just to bring old fans to buy the game...so, again, i think they'd have to do a new TLoS, also because:
-There are still a LOT of Spyro fans out there! (yap, me too smilie)
-the atmosphere, the story and the gameplay are just amazing and i think they'd also bring new customers to Activision

Just what i think smilie
---
Andrea Signorelli, founder of the Cynder's Project developing team! http://cynderproject.webs.com/
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#5 Posted: 17:21:45 22/04/2014
I don't really think it's possible to make a "better plotted TLOS" game..(In my eyes dat story is gold e_e ) I'm also not to up for another classic game, although I still wouldn't mind.
I would really like to see something new, but it doesn't look like that'll ever happen...
I dunno, I would really like to see a new Spyro game....
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#6 Posted: 18:19:37 22/04/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
*please keep in mind that this post is all just a mishmash of my personal opinions! thank you!*

Personally, I want a new Classic-style Spyro game.

Don't get me wrong, I loved two of the three TLoS games and I love Skylanders despite the fact that it's totally another cashcow for Activision to milk. But TLoS is REALLY dark, and Skylanders just....doesn't focus on Spyro anymore.

I believe that Spyro games should be light-hearted and easy to play. They're games that you can pick up and 100% (or more) in a few hours with no trouble if you know it well. And if you don't know it well, they should still be pretty easy to complete. But they're not games you rush through without caring! With Spyro games, you should also be engaged in what's going on around you.

In Spyro 2, for example, on my first playthough I found myself anticipating each cutscene (yes, each) to see how Spyro and Ripto would interact. Spyro would singe Ripto's cape or defeat one of his minions and Ripto would try to hide it, but he failed miserably. It was hilarious, and I loved how they interacted. However, in TLoS, I just couldn't find myself getting into Malefor and Spyro interacting in spite of its buildup throughout the trilogy. Then again, I didn't like DoTD as a whole. And in Skylanders, well, it should be obvious why that's not the case.

As for how lighthearted they are, take a look at Classic Spyro. In Spyro the Dragon, Spyro goes on an epic journey to beat Gnasty Gnorc. Now, you should think that his main goal would be to free all of the dragons. After all, they're pretty much all his family because thieves stole his egg and thus his biological family is unknown. But that's not the case! He makes it very clear from the start that he just wants to get rid of Gnasty Gnorc. Of course, you could interpret this as him being angry about his family being frozen and wanting revenge, but I don't think so. Just look at this interaction between him and Nestor, the first dragon he frees:

"Thank you for releasing me. Free 10 dragons in the Artisan World, then talk to the balloonist. He'll take you to the next world."
"What about Gnasty Gnorc? I'm going after him."
"Find dragons first. That's all I can tell you."

Then in Spyro 2, Spyro constantly just messes with Ripto. There's no epic, dramatic cutscene where Ripto's like, "I AM YOUR FATHER," other than the last cutscene with their interactions. And THAT was where not having epic dialogue would've been a crime! Spyro 3 doesn't really have any darkness either other than the Sorceress wanting to tear the wings off of baby dragons. That was a little dark o.o

Fast forward to TLoS because I think you get the point. Spyro lives a happy life as a "dragonfly" until he finds out he's a special purple dragon meant to save the universe. After that, he's dragged into this epic quest to save the world. Not just dragons, not just some world he wouldn't have cared about if he wasn't brought there, the WORLD. The in DoTD he.....dies????? Does he die? Do we ever find out? If he was in the Valley of Avalar, surely the Cheetah tribe would have found them?????? I don't even.....it was just really dark and seemed out of place considering how the games before it (and even after it) were.

Skylanders. Now, Skylanders did one thing right in its first game: it felt sort of like a Classic Spyro game. It was a little melodramatic and cliche, but it still wasn't really dark like TLoS. It's just...there's not much to go off of for Skylanders. There are too many characters to play as (thanks Acti) and thus, every game after the first one got more and more disconnected from this feel. Now it feels like I'm just playing some weird spinoff series rather than a Spyro game. It sort of sucks because there's so much wasted potential here! Skylanders could've been really cool! It (unintentially most likely) fixed the flaw Spyro 3 had where the characters felt WAAAAY to different from Spyro. If a different company was behind Skylanders, things might be different. But Activision has found themselves a cash cow, and I find myself starting to dislike it as it moves onto its FOURTH game.

As for easiness, well, Classic Spyro is mostly easy. There are very few challenges or bosses that I feel are unreasonably hard (*glares angrily at Spyro 3*). On the same note, I feel like there are none that are ridiculously easy (other than the challenges and bosses at the beginning of the games, but those are sorta meant to be easy). But TLoS had a lot of bosses and challenges that I felt were absolutely tedious. That pirate ship level in The Eternal Night is so ridiculous that I've never gotten past it. My brother got me past it when we first played it and I was younger and that's the only way I've beaten the game. Then in Skylanders it just feels like I'm playing with Playdough :/

tl;dr: Read bolded text above. If you want explanations, read on.

Quote: Jaggedstar
As I said in another topic, I wouldn't want more Classic games, because the first ones were made by Insomniac, who have moved on to other games and aren't even the same team anymore.

I would, however, like to see more Legend games. They could go somewhere, and maybe add a storyline from StD, GtG or YOTD.

Quote: cowpowa23
I don't really think it's possible to make a "better plotted TLOS" game..(In my eyes dat story is gold e_e ) I'm also not to up for another classic game, although I still wouldn't mind.
I would really like to see something new, but it doesn't look like that'll ever happen...

There was that one game, Spyro: Shadow Legacy. It was the last game classic Spyro got, but it ended on a cliffhanger. Also, Spyro: Shadow Legacy's RPG elements inspired The Legend of Spyro. What if there were a sequel that merged the two franchises? That'd bring the perfect excuse to combine the platforming of the classic series with the action and the cinematics of the TLoS series! Not only that, this can answer some of the burning questions we've been left with! ("When does the Sorcerer attack again? What will he do when he does?" OR "Did Cynder become a spirit? Is she a spiritual protector of the the world?" OR "Why did Spyro never wear his Shadowstone, and why does it only let him morph in between two dimensions? Isn't there more to the stone?")

BOOM, GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:08 22/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#7 Posted: 18:50:09 22/04/2014
Trix,don't worry about the multiple topics about reviving Spyro,it's just Loco spamming the forums again with same subject threads with different wording.

In my opinion?
I'd LOVE if Spyro went back to his Classic roots,with the required tweaks,but not as loyal to the old series. I mean if he went back to the old days of collect-a-thon over beat-em-up,which we don't have since AHT. Even if just for one big game, I'd probably buy in a flash if such game was released, full of content,exploration,things to find and appropriate rewards for doing that - all the good stuff that keeps me hooked in a game for MONTHS,much like Banjo-Kazooie or my growing hype for A Hat in Time. Not to mention, having a game like that which is now associated with Skylanders would also introduce children to the collect-a-thon games, which probably made a lot of people's childhoods here and,if done well, would probably do the same for them.

But as it is? It's fine, just not 100% satisfied - or,with Swap Force, wish I was at least 80% satisfied. Sure, Spyro got downgraded to protagonist on spinoff books,but it's what the theme requires, and it's not like they joke about it like BK Nuts and Bolts did - boy does that game make you mad at Rare and Microsoft with reason. The first two games were and still are a load of fun, and though I wish they were tons cheaper, I'm still willing to buy a few more toys and games for the franchise because it still has potential and a lot of ways to get there. Not to mention I'm still wishing for some spinoff games because nearly EVERY playable character has potential to go solo, and if Spyro is among the ones who get blessed with a game, all the better.

And TLOS? I'd love to see how Darkest Hour would be, but that's about it. The story is over, the gameplay is a generic hack-and-slash with some plataforming elements(exception being TEN, which has almost too much plataforming and puzzles for its genre), and years later I just don't see myself going back to it except getting some Metroidvania feels out of the GBA version of the second game. If it started or ended better, I'd be eager for a spinoff or a new triology, but as of now there are two eras better than the Legend era and they probably would/will do better.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 20:45:55 22/04/2014
Classic.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 21:06:44 22/04/2014
I'd love a new classic game. Sure, it's unlikely I'd enjoy it as much as the classic classics, but hey - I enjoyed AHT. So I'm sure there's at least one company out there that could do a pretty darn good job on it. The reason I'd like a new classic game?
Easy - There just aren't enough platformers out there anymore. I love Skylanders, but it's still a far cry from the ol' platforming Spyro from my childhood.

TLoS story with a better plotline - I'd be up for this, honestly. But only if Spyro's personality was closer to his classic form and Cynder's was closer to her Skylander form.

Another Skylander game - Well, I'll take whatever I can get these days. I'm looking forward to Skylanders 4 (Trap Team, if that's what it's announced as being) but I'd still take the above two first.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#10 Posted: 22:24:32 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: LocoGuy107

There was that one game, Spyro: Shadow Legacy. It was the last game classic Spyro got, but it ended on a cliffhanger. Also, Spyro: Shadow Legacy's RPG elements inspired The Legend of Spyro. What if there were a sequel that merged the two franchises? That'd bring the perfect excuse to combine the platforming of the classic series with the action and the cinematics of the TLoS series! Not only that, this can answer some of the burning questions we've been left with! ("When does the Sorcerer attack again? What will he do when he does?" OR "Did Cynder become a spirit? Is she a spiritual protector of the the world?" OR "Why did Spyro never wear his Shadowstone, and why does it only let him morph in between two dimensions? Isn't there more to the stone?")

How about instead of theories and crap, can you give out your explanation for which type of Spyro/Skylander you'd like to see and why?
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:57 22/04/2014 by Trix Master 100
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#11 Posted: 22:40:01 22/04/2014
If they want Spyro to be a standalone star again, they're gonna need another reboot. The overall tone of it should be something in between Classic and Legend. If I wanted something that better describes that, look at Sonic Unleashed. It was funny and light hearted, yet atmospheric and had a strong sense of world builiding and great characterisation and did sincerely tell a story without being pretentious about it. I'd love a Spyro game like that. The reason I say "reboot", is because neither Classic or LoS Spyro are fresh in a lot of people's heads anymore. It's not like they can pull a Sonic 4/Sonic Generations, Mega Man 9/10, or Rayman Origins/Legends here or anything. Of course, they could always keep the Skylanders mythos too and cast Spyro in a "spin-off" of that series, but it'd be better to start fresh, because if it's just a spin-off to Skylanders, it's going to get overshadowed by Skylanders.

In terms of how it plays/looks, take advantage of the current hardware. We still have yet to see a Spyro game do this (at least within the last decade). They completely missed capitalising on the Xbox 360/PS3 hardware. PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U have some great strengths that can be used, and I can envision a multitude of ways to utilise them for a Spyro game. At the top of my list though, would be an open world structure similar to what A Hero's Tail sort of had (maybe take some cues from Zelda too), with vast, lush worlds to explore. And free flight gameplay that controls something like, say, Starfox Assault (it's the Starfox game I have the most experience with and the flight controls are top notch).

Spyro, at this point, is something that should not be confined to being a platformer. You're a cute cartoon dragon with wings. That may not scream "badass gore-fest" or anything, but it does scream "adventure" to me. That doesn't mean it should be stripped entirely of it's platformer roots. I could envision "dungeon" areas where your free-flight doesn't work, and is replaced with the traditional glide mechanics from the Classic games.

I don't want to go into too much detail on this but that's the gist of it.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#12 Posted: 22:50:01 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Honestly SonicBrawler, that would be pretty interesting to see. And I get the points with the other games doing well with the mixture of funny and dark. Still would be kind of nice to see.
---
icon from Empoh
#13 Posted: 23:06:52 22/04/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
How about instead of theories and crap, can you give out your explanation for which type of Spyro/Skylander you'd like to see and why?

Honestly, I thought that I was making it clear that I wanted both the classic and the TLoS models in a new franchise. I mean, I gave an explanation, so...

If both of the Spyros are in the new franchise, we can also see much more funny moments while getting an actiony thrill.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
If they want Spyro to be a standalone star again, they're gonna need another reboot. The overall tone of it should be something in between Classic and Legend. If I wanted something that better describes that, look at Sonic Unleashed. It was funny and light hearted, yet atmospheric and had a strong sense of world builiding and great characterisation and did sincerely tell a story without being pretentious about it. I'd love a Spyro game like that. The reason I say "reboot", is because neither Classic or LoS Spyro are fresh in a lot of people's heads anymore. It's not like they can pull a Sonic 4/Sonic Generations, Mega Man 9/10, or Rayman Origins/Legends here or anything. Of course, they could always keep the Skylanders mythos too and cast Spyro in a "spin-off" of that series, but it'd be better to start fresh, because if it's just a spin-off to Skylanders, it's going to get overshadowed by Skylanders.

In terms of how it plays/looks, take advantage of the current hardware. We still have yet to see a Spyro game do this (at least within the last decade). They completely missed capitalising on the Xbox 360/PS3 hardware. PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U have some great strengths that can be used, and I can envision a multitude of ways to utilise them for a Spyro game. At the top of my list though, would be an open world structure similar to what A Hero's Tail sort of had (maybe take some cues from Zelda too), with vast, lush worlds to explore. And free flight gameplay that controls something like, say, Starfox Assault (it's the Starfox game I have the most experience with and the flight controls are top notch).

Spyro, at this point, is something that should not be confined to being a platformer. You're a cute cartoon dragon with wings. That may not scream "badass gore-fest" or anything, but it does scream "adventure" to me. That doesn't mean it should be stripped entirely of it's platformer roots. I could envision "dungeon" areas where your free-flight doesn't work, and is replaced with the traditional glide mechanics from the Classic games.

I don't want to go into too much detail on this but that's the gist of it.

Remember my Spyro Enchanted topic? I think your argument was inspired by my idea. That being said, this is a better explanation than what I would have come up with.

But I think dragon hatchlings should take up the traditional platforming. After all, since they're young, it'd make more sense for players to need to control dragons that already have limits. It'd make more sense than the platforming restrictions put in DotD.

But I also think the world should be a little bit of a Jak II world mixed with NYC and San Juan/Rio. Weird, I know, but Spyro showed a lot of culture back then. I'd like to see a lot of assimilation in one area.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:25 22/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
#14 Posted: 23:11:38 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator

Honestly, I thought that I was making it clear that I wanted both the classic and the TLoS models in a new franchise. I mean, I gave an explanation, so...

If both of the Spyros are in the new franchise, we can also see much more funny moments while getting an actiony thrill.

Though the way you gave it, sounded like you were raving about Shadow Legacy. And oh.

And Also instead of page stretching can you just say "*snip*" or just @[username here]?
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:38 22/04/2014 by Trix Master 100
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#15 Posted: 06:26:20 23/04/2014
My views! smilie

Classic: Only got A heroes tale and shadow legacy, so its hard to judge but I like those 2 games!

Legend: So dark! I have all three games, and I like the first one, don't like the second one, and wish the third one was longer!

Skylanders: Its Ok. Sometimes I pretend its just a Spyro game, but with every character addressing you as "Skylander' its gets annoying. Overall, I just accept that its a money making machine and I don't buy many of the figures.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#16 Posted: 13:26:20 23/04/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
*please keep in mind that this post is all just a mishmash of my personal opinions! thank you!*

Personally, I want a new Classic-style Spyro game.

Don't get me wrong, I loved two of the three TLoS games and I love Skylanders despite the fact that it's totally another cashcow for Activision to milk. But TLoS is REALLY dark, and Skylanders just....doesn't focus on Spyro anymore.

I believe that Spyro games should be light-hearted and easy to play. They're games that you can pick up and 100% (or more) in a few hours with no trouble if you know it well. And if you don't know it well, they should still be pretty easy to complete. But they're not games you rush through without caring! With Spyro games, you should also be engaged in what's going on around you.

In Spyro 2, for example, on my first playthough I found myself anticipating each cutscene (yes, each) to see how Spyro and Ripto would interact. Spyro would singe Ripto's cape or defeat one of his minions and Ripto would try to hide it, but he failed miserably. It was hilarious, and I loved how they interacted. However, in TLoS, I just couldn't find myself getting into Malefor and Spyro interacting in spite of its buildup throughout the trilogy. Then again, I didn't like DoTD as a whole. And in Skylanders, well, it should be obvious why that's not the case.

As for how lighthearted they are, take a look at Classic Spyro. In Spyro the Dragon, Spyro goes on an epic journey to beat Gnasty Gnorc. Now, you should think that his main goal would be to free all of the dragons. After all, they're pretty much all his family because thieves stole his egg and thus his biological family is unknown. But that's not the case! He makes it very clear from the start that he just wants to get rid of Gnasty Gnorc. Of course, you could interpret this as him being angry about his family being frozen and wanting revenge, but I don't think so. Just look at this interaction between him and Nestor, the first dragon he frees:

"Thank you for releasing me. Free 10 dragons in the Artisan World, then talk to the balloonist. He'll take you to the next world."
"What about Gnasty Gnorc? I'm going after him."
"Find dragons first. That's all I can tell you."

Then in Spyro 2, Spyro constantly just messes with Ripto. There's no epic, dramatic cutscene where Ripto's like, "I AM YOUR FATHER," other than the last cutscene with their interactions. And THAT was where not having epic dialogue would've been a crime! Spyro 3 doesn't really have any darkness either other than the Sorceress wanting to tear the wings off of baby dragons. That was a little dark o.o

Fast forward to TLoS because I think you get the point. Spyro lives a happy life as a "dragonfly" until he finds out he's a special purple dragon meant to save the universe. After that, he's dragged into this epic quest to save the world. Not just dragons, not just some world he wouldn't have cared about if he wasn't brought there, the WORLD. The in DoTD he.....dies????? Does he die? Do we ever find out? If he was in the Valley of Avalar, surely the Cheetah tribe would have found them?????? I don't even.....it was just really dark and seemed out of place considering how the games before it (and even after it) were.

Skylanders. Now, Skylanders did one thing right in its first game: it felt sort of like a Classic Spyro game. It was a little melodramatic and cliche, but it still wasn't really dark like TLoS. It's just...there's not much to go off of for Skylanders. There are too many characters to play as (thanks Acti) and thus, every game after the first one got more and more disconnected from this feel. Now it feels like I'm just playing some weird spinoff series rather than a Spyro game. It sort of sucks because there's so much wasted potential here! Skylanders could've been really cool! It (unintentially most likely) fixed the flaw Spyro 3 had where the characters felt WAAAAY to different from Spyro. If a different company was behind Skylanders, things might be different. But Activision has found themselves a cash cow, and I find myself starting to dislike it as it moves onto its FOURTH game.

As for easiness, well, Classic Spyro is mostly easy. There are very few challenges or bosses that I feel are unreasonably hard (*glares angrily at Spyro 3*). On the same note, I feel like there are none that are ridiculously easy (other than the challenges and bosses at the beginning of the games, but those are sorta meant to be easy). But TLoS had a lot of bosses and challenges that I felt were absolutely tedious. That pirate ship level in The Eternal Night is so ridiculous that I've never gotten past it. My brother got me past it when we first played it and I was younger and that's the only way I've beaten the game. Then in Skylanders it just feels like I'm playing with Playdough :/

tl;dr: Read bolded text above. If you want explanations, read on.

Quote: cowpowa23

yeah but Shadow Legacy's ****
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#17 Posted: 14:42:07 23/04/2014
yeah but Shadow Legacy's ****

Honestly, even though the game was poorly made, the game had LOADS of unrealized potential. I mean, when I look back at it, it's pretty much an attempt to make Spyro a competitor to Final Fantasy, but because the developers overworked on the game, Spyro: Shadow Legacy is looked upon as the worst game in the classic Spyro series.

However, it inspired the Legend of Spyro series. Sometimes, when I think of the Legend of Spyro series, I imagine every enemy as a harder version of one of the Shadow Realm creatures, and I also imagine that Spyro's tail/horn attacks in TLoS are like those in Spyro: Shadow Legacy.

But like I said, Spyro: Shadow Legacy ended on a cliffhanger that was never resolved. At least The Legend of Spyro series ended, but, looking at Spyrobaro's argument, many fans considered that Spyro DIED (heck, when I saw the ending for the first time, that's what I thought, too).

Now, getting back to the cliffhanger, I'm thinking that bringing TLoS into the equation would actually help with the resolution. First of all, the Shadowstone was never in TLoS, so I'm thinking that, if Cynder and her Spyro ended up living on as free spirits, but Malefor's minions were still on the loose, Spyro formed an alternate realm that'd separate the minions from the innocent. Spyro and Cynder also created the Shadowstone, the only object that allows anyone to travel between the normal realm and the dark realm. However, over 1000 years later, another purple dragon unleashed the Shadow Realm to the world, but he needed Spyro's spirit to do so. The purple dragon, named as the Sorcerer, had learned the legend of Malefor, and he had learned that the easiest way to free him from the center of the planet was to collect the spirits of Spyro and Cynder (they're not dead, but trapped in a crystal that keeps the world in its bond), since their powers would help free Malefor.

A younger Spyro was then born, but he hasn't learned of any of his ancestors, since he's been distracted by a lot of the modern/futuristic industrialism and computerization. He doesn't even know Cynder exists, but one day, he meets her spirit. She warns him that the Sorcerer has recovered, and she also eventually reveals the Sorcerer's REAL plan.

All in all, this will give an excuse to bring back many beloved characters from the classic and the second gen franchises without making it too dang weird. YES, it may sound weird now, but I have other concepts in mind, too.
Evilness Green Sparx Gems: 312
#18 Posted: 14:52:15 23/04/2014
Maybe you have a TOO much concepts in your mind smilie but i think it's good...dont abuse it xD Also, maybe i'm the only who think so, but i cant see a fusion beetween classic and TLoS series...they were too different, also the "new" Hunter was very different from the classic Hunter, and i think that everyone would end like him...it's not a bad thing, but i think a LOT of you would be disappointed of the result...
---
Andrea Signorelli, founder of the Cynder's Project developing team! http://cynderproject.webs.com/
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#19 Posted: 21:15:20 23/04/2014
Quote: yelvy

Skylanders: Its Ok. Sometimes I pretend its just a Spyro game, but with every character addressing you as "Skylander' its gets annoying. Overall, I just accept that its a money making machine and I don't buy many of the figures.

In some instances they'll actually call out Spyro, though, but most of the time it's the issue of having to make over 70 lines for the VA just to say different names if they actually addressed the specific 'lander. Hugo will always address the starter pack characters(Gill Grunt,Trigger Happy and Spyro) accordingly in the first game, and in the second The Oracle will address every single character at the start of the level. I don't know if this continues in Swap Force.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#20 Posted: 21:51:50 23/04/2014
Quote: Evilness
Maybe you have a TOO much concepts in your mind smilie but i think it's good...dont abuse it xD Also, maybe i'm the only who think so, but i cant see a fusion beetween classic and TLoS series...they were too different, also the "new" Hunter was very different from the classic Hunter, and i think that everyone would end like him...it's not a bad thing, but i think a LOT of you would be disappointed of the result...

Yeah, we're going to need to ditch MOST of the characters from TLoS. The only characters from TLoS who can make it back are Spyro, Cynder, Volteer, Cyril, Terrador, and Ignitus (as the new Chronicler, so you can expect the younger Spyro to get those dreams that the older one got). It wouldn't make sense for the TLoS Hunter or for the TLoS Sparx to be in the franchise (unless they're featured in multiplayer), because, the way I see this new franchise, the story would take place 1000 or so years after the supposed "death" of Cynder and HER Spyro.

However, this also gives a better chance to establish personalities for Ember and Flame. When they were shown in Hero's Tail, I'm sure most fans thought their appearances to be TOO DAMN RANDOM!!!!!! They don't even appear again. The new franchise can focus more on their personalities because they will be oftentimes dealing with hearing what Spyro has to say about his dreams and how he has to save the world from a tougher fight than ever before. Flame won't mind hearing this as much, but Ember will be constantly groaning. She will be more sarcastic and cocky, in a sense that makes her personality sometimes worse than that of Spyro's.

Plus, since Cynder will often pair up with the younger Spyro, and since THAT Spyro's VERY cocky, it'll call a recipe for disaster. smilie
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#21 Posted: 23:39:55 23/04/2014
In a perfect world, Original, LoS, and Skylanders would all have games being released. But the world isn't perfect so never mind that.

While I'm content with Skylanders, I would like to see a remake of the LoS trilogy. While I did enjoy all three games a lot, there's still a lot of things that could've been done better (though I did enjoy DotD, that game is all kinds of What Could Have Been and it's upsetting). I'd like an improved combat system, greater exploration with tons of collectible items and unlockables, improved writing/storyline/whatever and a consistent mood (ANB getting darker as it went on made sense to me, TEN staying consistent throughout was welcome, and DotD was all over the place and I can't even), more/better characters, oh, and a greatly improved free-flight. And if I may say so, I quite like Brawler's idea of 'dungeons', too.

Though I guess for all intents and purposes the remake I'm talking about here could be considered a reboot so it wouldn't need the Legend name. IDK, got too many things going around in my head.

i may edit this later????
#22 Posted: 01:15:06 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Evilness
Maybe you have a TOO much concepts in your mind :P but i think it's good...dont abuse it xD Also, maybe i'm the only who think so, but i cant see a fusion beetween classic and TLoS series...they were too different, also the "new" Hunter was very different from the classic Hunter, and i think that everyone would end like him...it's not a bad thing, but i think a LOT of you would be disappointed of the result...

Yeah, we're going to need to ditch MOST of the characters from TLoS. The only characters from TLoS who can make it back are Spyro, Cynder, Volteer, Cyril, Terrador, and Ignitus (as the new Chronicler, so you can expect the younger Spyro to get those dreams that the older one got). It wouldn't make sense for the TLoS Hunter or for the TLoS Sparx to be in the franchise (unless they're featured in multiplayer), because, the way I see this new franchise, the story would take place 1000 or so years after the supposed "death" of Cynder and HER Spyro.

However, this also gives a better chance to establish personalities for Ember and Flame. When they were shown in Hero's Tail, I'm sure most fans thought their appearances to be TOO DAMN RANDOM!!!!!! They don't even appear again. The new franchise can focus more on their personalities because they will be oftentimes dealing with hearing what Spyro has to say about his dreams and how he has to save the world from a tougher fight than ever before. Flame won't mind hearing this as much, but Ember will be constantly groaning. She will be more sarcastic and cocky, in a sense that makes her personality sometimes worse than that of Spyro's.

Plus, since Cynder will often pair up with the younger Spyro, and since THAT Spyro's VERY cocky, it'll call a recipe for disaster. XD

Now I think you're being egotistical. Everyone has an opinion try not to shove your's in their faces please.
---
icon from Empoh
#23 Posted: 01:26:59 24/04/2014
You gotta admit, though, the whole younger Spyro + Cynder situation would call for very hilarious moments, right? I mean, where's the humor in Spyro games these days?

There's actually one other person (Kimbia28, deviantART) who thought that the combination would be humorous, but this is more canon on just getting TLoS Spyro out of the way and putting the classic Spyro in DotD. It's not my type, but it's the thought that counts. http://fav.me/d2m76tg
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:29:37 24/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
#24 Posted: 01:33:26 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I find the comic funny, but Cynder is meant to be a strict girl dragon. Also where's the common sense in people these days of, idk of common internet sense and respecting other's opinions instead of jumping to another idea?

Also that is not canon. Heck do you even know what canon would be? Don't miss use the word "canon" for your crazy not proven stuff.
---
icon from Empoh
#25 Posted: 01:49:18 24/04/2014
I find the comic funny, but Cynder is meant to be a strict girl dragon. Also where's the common sense in people these days of, idk of common internet sense and respecting other's opinions instead of jumping to another idea?

I actually didn't look through the whole comic, because I KNOW it can't be canon. For the game I'm imagining, Cynder, as a spirit, wouldn't know how to approach the younger Spyro, but when she does, she gives Spyro a jump scare. Spyro then gets pissed off and then starts taunting Cynder, just enough for her to HIT him (if you watched the movie Ghost, you'd get this reference). Cynder also then starts choking Spyro because of his cockiness, but lets him go because he asks for mercy. Spyro realizes that he really shouldn't mess with her, so when she lets him go, he wanted to know who she was and why she came up to him. She doesn't want to explain so much, because she feels it'd be dangerous for him to know, but there's a twist to this game: for the first time in years, this game will introduce a new kingdom for the Spyro universe: the Forbidden Realms, a kingdom undocumented for over 300 years because of an intense civil war. At this point, Spyro had come with a lot of is friends and allies (they needed to escape from the Dragon Realms entirely, since the Sorcerer's next attack was so dire that many of the dragons were being easily captured again, or worse, KILLED), but he's alone for this scene (Sparx isn't even with him). He's actually heard of the Forbidden Realms once or twice, so when Cynder tells him that he's actually IN the kingdom, he realizes that he should find Hunter and takes off.
#26 Posted: 01:53:57 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator

I actually didn't look through the whole comic, because I KNOW it can't be canon. For the game I'm imagining, Cynder, as a spirit, wouldn't know how to approach the younger Spyro, but when she does, she gives Spyro a jump scare. Spyro then gets pissed off and then starts taunting Cynder, just enough for her to HIT him (if you watched the movie Ghost, you'd get this reference). Cynder also then starts choking Spyro because of his cockiness, but lets him go because he asks for mercy. Spyro realizes that he really shouldn't mess with her, so when she lets him go, he wanted to know who she was and why she came up to him. She doesn't want to explain so much, because she feels it'd be dangerous for him to know, but there's a twist to this game: for the first time in years, this game will introduce a new kingdom for the Spyro universe: the Forbidden Realms, a kingdom undocumented for over 300 years because of an intense civil war. At this point, Spyro had come with a lot of is friends and allies (they needed to escape from the Dragon Realms entirely, since the Sorcerer's next attack was so dire that many of the dragons were being easily captured again, or worse, KILLED), but he's alone for this scene (Sparx isn't even with him). He's actually heard of the Forbidden Realms once or twice, so when Cynder tells him that he's actually IN the kingdom, he realizes that he should find Hunter and takes off.

I did not ask for a fanfic. I just what I said above not a derailing fanfic. In fact I have a question. Do listen to the posts by anyone? Or do you not care and just say "I'm the superior here my opinion is the only one that matters"?
---
icon from Empoh
#27 Posted: 02:08:17 24/04/2014
Well, if I see an excuse to make a point, I just make it. I mean, I'm also aiming on a goal that involves Activision, too.

And, really, I'm only spoiling the little parts of what I want the game to be. I haven't spoiled the ending, nor have I actually advertised the actual fanfic version of the game. Yes, I know I can be a total crazy bag for spreading my ideas, but I want to go into Spyro discussions. I want to go into them because I want to get opinions.

I'll post quotes later. It's my bedtime, now (10 pm, -5 GMT)
#28 Posted: 02:13:34 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, if I see an excuse to make a point, I just make it. I mean, I'm also aiming on a goal that involves Activision, too.

And, really, I'm only spoiling the little parts of what I want the game to be. I haven't spoiled the ending, nor have I actually advertised the actual fanfic version of the game. Yes, I know I can be a total crazy bag for spreading my ideas, but I want to go into Spyro discussions. I want to go into them because I want to get opinions.

I'll post quotes later. It's my bedtime, now (10 pm, -5 GMT)

Don't we already have enough off topic crap already. I was just asking a general question to the public and I was wondering what other's would have to say/think. I just wanted answers with logical things that make some sense. Not bashing other opinions with rocks and sticks. Also that is not a good way to use excuses. In fact that is terrible as there is topics of your crazy ideas that need just 1 topic for everyone of them as in keep all ideas in one damned topic.
---
icon from Empoh
Hawaii Five o Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#29 Posted: 02:26:33 11/05/2014
Hmmm... Honestly, I don't think anything could ever replace the originals.
And the newer ones, eh, they were OK.
To me, I don't want to see any more skylanders, at all.
But if I had to choose one..... It'd probably have to be the legend series, because that might be more possible. And it would maybe lead into a fun series. You can never really know, though.
Maybe a new spyro series altogether, new villains, same abilities, etc.
---
~A true artist can never create his or her GOOD creations twice, but they may create their bad ones more~
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#30 Posted: 02:56:20 11/05/2014
@Spyrobaro: Not to mention Ripto's motive doesn't really make sense. He wants to take over Avalar because there are no dragons and he hates dragons. That's why he wants to kill Spyro. Simply because Ripto doesn't like dragons. No, really, that was his motive for taking over Avalar. >.>

Classic is my childhood. (but that doesn't by any means make them the best games ever.)
LoS is okay
Skylanders is eww.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#31 Posted: 21:10:05 11/05/2014
I would go with Classic Spyro.
#32 Posted: 22:34:54 11/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonDog

May you explain why?
---
icon from Empoh
#33 Posted: 23:38:19 11/05/2014

May you explain why?

Well, I explained why, but, yeah, I have to agree with you, Trix.

Sorry, I just thought about the "Trix" slogan: "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!"
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#34 Posted: 00:28:09 12/05/2014

May you explain why?

Of course.

I really like the older Spyro games better. Sure I enjoy Skylanders (Mainly cause you can play 2 player) but it just feels cramped without being able to move the camera angles. (I noticed in Swap Force that it is in weird angles sometimes.) I don't like the Legend Spyro.... To dark.... And his design looks weird to me. If they did make a new Classic Spyro game I hope they would add in the rolling (from Spyro the Dragon. A.k.a. Spyro 1.) Ah, memories... Rolling in the fields of Artisains in the Crash Warped demo... I also would like his very first model too. I think his model in Spyro 1 is the cutest! (Cause he walks adorable and he has bigger eyes then in Spyro 2-3)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me