Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Mario Kart 8 [CLOSED]
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#1 Posted: 02:11:30 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Welcome to the Mario Kart 8 topic, post everything you want to see, what you know and everything else for the awesome Mario Kart 8.
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 02:57:04 23/03/2014
[User Posted Image]

All that matters about this game.

...oh, and the online...

And I will eat my foot if Bowser doesn't get his pimp mobile.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#3 Posted: 03:04:04 23/03/2014
Can't wait till the console stage! :D
*Looks at Mario Kart 7*
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#4 Posted: 13:11:33 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Mum said I could get it the day it comes out for a late birthday present because my birthday is on the 16th of May
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#5 Posted: 01:26:54 27/03/2014
I better get my awesome neon ride from 3D world. Also, all the Koopalings? At this rate the game will have a higher roster than SSBU.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 12:42:33 27/03/2014
The only thing that I care about in this game is Rosalina and Ludwig, the only "good" Koopaling. It looks pretty nice so far.

And looks like this "Water Park" level could be called Waluigi's Water World. WAAAAA
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
MetroMiku399 Red Sparx Gems: 99
#7 Posted: 12:54:14 27/03/2014
I wants it!
---
insert signature here
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#8 Posted: 13:26:38 27/03/2014
The game looks excellent! I love the concept of antigravity as well... :0
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#9 Posted: 14:08:57 27/03/2014
You know, MK8 was not the first to have an antigravity concept..

..Crash Nitro Kart was the first, 10 YEARS AGO.

[User Posted Image]
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 14:49:16 27/03/2014
Quote: Matteomax

Um, pretty sure F-Zero X had antigravity, and that was back in the N64 days. PEOPLE ARE ALREADY FORGETTING THE GLORIOUS CAPTAIN FALCON. *sniffle*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#11 Posted: 17:40:48 27/03/2014
I might get this. But I want Smash Bros more.
---
#12 Posted: 19:05:36 27/03/2014
Quote: HIR

Um, pretty sure F-Zero X had antigravity, and that was back in the N64 days. PEOPLE ARE ALREADY FORGETTING THE GLORIOUS CAPTAIN FALCON. *sniffle*

Well, that really isn't kart racing.
---
#13 Posted: 23:07:54 27/03/2014
FALCON!!!!!!

DRIVE!!!!!
---
#14 Posted: 14:50:52 28/03/2014
I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I really hope they bring back the "Versus" mode for single player and local multiplayer. It was absent from 7, and I found that really disappointing, because the other Mario Kart games would let you race on individual tracks on different CCs if you wanted to. But in 7, you needed to do the Grand Prix mode and play through a whole cup. I know it sounds like nitpicking, but I really missed that game option in 7 and I hope Nintendo is bringing it back. <.<;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:51:06 28/03/2014 by HIR
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#15 Posted: 15:27:26 28/03/2014
I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I really hope they bring back the "Versus" mode for single player and local multiplayer. It was absent from 7, and I found that really disappointing, because the other Mario Kart games would let you race on individual tracks on different CCs if you wanted to. But in 7, you needed to do the Grand Prix mode and play through a whole cup. I know it sounds like nitpicking, but I really missed that game option in 7 and I hope Nintendo is bringing it back. <.<;

Not that I've played MK7 (aside from an in-store display), but I most definitely agree with you.
I usually play through the cups in other games, but I still enjoy versus mode too.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#16 Posted: 17:44:31 28/03/2014
Versus mode has been one of my favourite features in the MK series. I think it will return as it is on a home console(multiplayer would take a huge hit without it in my opinion).
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#17 Posted: 19:50:36 28/03/2014

Even better, there should be a "Queue" mode. So you can play just one course at a time, or all courses in one huge grand prix. This is a feature I think is long overdue. It would make multiplayer even more convenient.

I'd also like fully customisable items too.
---
#18 Posted: 19:54:35 28/03/2014
ONLY BLUE SHELLS ON RAINBOW ROAD, MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! *spiny shell'd* x.x;

Along those lines, I do hope they make the new Rainbow Road longer. Apparently people seem to think 7's Rainbow Road is BRILLIANT. I enjoyed it, but it was on the short side. It's only about 2 minutes to finish. Other Rainbow Roads have definitely been longer. At the very least, make it 3 laps again. <.>;
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#19 Posted: 20:22:53 02/04/2014
I agree about the Versus mode revival. I've resorted to trying Time Trials in 7- it's pretty much the closest thing… X3
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#20 Posted: 15:08:08 03/04/2014

N64 RAINBOW ROAD IS BACK! N64 RAINBOW ROAD IS BACK! OH MAN!
Also, yay Metal Mario! I still don't understand why he's suddenly in all these spinoffs, but I like him for some reason. It's probably that cool distorted voice.

Dang, now I really need a Wii U. ;~;
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#21 Posted: 23:30:36 03/04/2014

Well, that really isn't kart racing.

It's still racing.
---
words. letters. filler.
#22 Posted: 22:39:51 04/04/2014
So, upon looking at some gameplay footage, it appears that N64 Rainbow Road, like the Mario Kart 7 version, is just 1 lap with 3 sections. DAMN IT NINTENDO, OF ALL THE MARIO KART 7 GIMMICKS TO BRING BACK, YOU CHOSE THAT ONE?! *sigh* Oh well...

<.<;;
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#23 Posted: 12:10:55 05/04/2014
So, upon looking at some gameplay footage, it appears that N64 Rainbow Road, like the Mario Kart 7 version, is just 1 lap with 3 sections. DAMN IT NINTENDO, OF ALL THE MARIO KART 7 GIMMICKS TO BRING BACK, YOU CHOSE THAT ONE?! *sigh* Oh well...

<.<;;

That litterly
broke
my
day
;~;
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#24 Posted: 12:46:35 05/04/2014
I think I speak for everyone when I say:

DEM GRAPHICS.

Yes. And Mission Mode should return at some point. But seriously, I dunno what they were thinking when they removed 1-Player VS mode. I don't like being forced to play Gran Prix if I wanna play by myself. smilie

<.<;;

I actually liked that gimmick on Wuhu Island Loop/Wuhu Mountain Loop. It worked well on those because they were long courses, and because they're on huge islands, it made them feel more massive too. They would have been painful as courses with the regular lap system, and they wouldn't have been the same if they weren't that long. I don't think it worked that well on Rainbow Road, though, but I can't put my finger on why.

I'm most upset that
They remastered Royal Raceway... But blocked off the castle area. smilie I loved how you could visit there, that little touch was my favourite thing from the game.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#25 Posted: 20:54:35 05/04/2014
I can't wait for this game to come out! I'm probably gonna get the Limited Edition version
---
Bring the Fanta
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:54 05/04/2014 by TheSpyrofan12
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#26 Posted: 23:12:39 06/04/2014
I saw Iggy.
That is all that matters.
---
you never saw me
#27 Posted: 00:29:00 07/04/2014
@Arc: If they bring back Vs. Mode, they could reintroduce the option to customize the number of laps in a race, like they had in Mario Kart Wii. Then my problem would be solved. And seriously, if the Wii can handle doing that, surely they can put it into the Wii U game. <.<
---
#28 Posted: 00:31:51 07/04/2014
Quote: I-Brawler
I saw Iggy.

Nuuu, Ludwig is the best Koopaling. smilie
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#29 Posted: 10:48:03 07/04/2014
I cannot thank them enough for bringing back Tick Tock Clock an N64 Rainbow Road. @w@;
#30 Posted: 10:49:01 07/04/2014
I saw Iggy.

Larry is better
#31 Posted: 03:38:47 08/04/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
I saw Iggy.

Nuuu, Ludwig is the best Koopaling. >:(

Larry is better

DAT... um, Mohawk? Yeah, let's go with that. >.>
---
#32 Posted: 08:37:40 08/04/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11

Larry is better

DAT... um, Mohawk? Yeah, let's go with that. >.>

I meant to say Lemmy but I'm too lazy to edit smilie
#33 Posted: 13:49:32 30/04/2014
Well justified bump for a Mario Kart 8 Direct:

SOLID PEACH IS ACTUALLY A THING NOW, WHAT THE HECK NINTENDO?! o.0
---
#34 Posted: 18:45:29 30/04/2014
If you haven't watched the Direct yet, watch it. Or if you can't be bothered or already have, just continue with your daily business(or click the Spoiler button).

Hmm. Interesting Direct indeed. I don't really like the addition of Gold(Metal) Peach to the roster. I didn't see the point of Metal Mario as well. Also, the dreaded Blue Shell finally has a way to counter it with the Super Horn. Those are really the only negatives I saw in the Direct. Now, I think some positive points are needed here. The online gameplay seems good as it contains features which we would expect and a new Tournaments function. I can see this option getting popular some time after the games release. The Crazy Eight is basically the Lucky Seven with 1 extra item(Well, what did you expect?). The Boomerang could be a potentially powerful weapon if the user of it can handle it well( of course they will, it's MK). The Piranha Plant is basically the Blue Shells cousin(Or brother), being able to hit anyone in the way close enough and eating up Bananas. Quite useful. And theres the Super Horn. This is basically like a Bob-omb, only it can be activated straight away and theres no risk of self-damage. Anti-gravity. The main feature of MK8. And from the looks of it...I like it. It basically lets your character drive on walls and ceilings. And upside-down of course. The Koopalings and Baby Rosalina are good additions to the roster in my opinion. Plus, the Koopalings are playable for the first time in a Mario Kart game, let alone a Mario game itself. And the new courses have been greatly designed, looking nice and vibrant to me. As for the Retro courses, good job on them as well. Even the N64 Rainbow Road got a makeover, and now it looks a lot more appealing to drive on. The Replays function has been vastly improved in this game, allowing people to rewind them and put them in slow-motion as well. And with the addition of Mario Kart TV, people can now view saved replays and even upload them to Youtube(with a Google Account, obviously). And we even get a free game for buying MK8! And it gets a Wii U bundle with some cool-looking accessories too. My opinion on this game so far? A masterpiece waiting to be unleashed onto the gaming world. I believe this could help shift Wii U consoles by a substantial amount and improve Nintendos online status. On the 30th of May, it comes... be prepared.

The rise of Rosalina continues...
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#35 Posted: 19:27:56 30/04/2014
DAT RAINBOW ROAD
AND WII BOWSER CASTLE
---
you never saw me
#36 Posted: 20:55:41 30/04/2014
I CAN PLAY AS BABY MAMA, YES

Though is nobody going to talk about the free game promotion?
---
#37 Posted: 20:58:22 30/04/2014
@I-Brawler: That is not Wii Bowser's Castle, that is Wii U Bowser's Castle. This will be the first Mario Kart game with Retro Cups not to include a Bowser's Castle... Wii Grumble Volcano will serve as the "Lava-tastic" retro course this time around. (Which is fine, because it looks GORGEOUS)

Also, HOT DIGGITY DANG THEY'RE MAKING A MK8 BUNDLE. I gotta give Nintendo some more monies. *sigh*

And I happen to LIKE Metal Mario and mained him in 7. It's probably because of that filter they put on his voice. It gives me goosebumps. I just find it funny that there's a Metal Peach, because everyone makes Solid Peach jokes about her role in Paper Mario 1 & 2, now she's LITERALLY solid... metal. <.<;
---
#38 Posted: 21:01:59 30/04/2014
@I-Brawler: That is not Wii Bowser's Castle, that is Wii U Bowser's Castle. This will be the first Mario Kart game with Retro Cups not to include a Bowser's Castle... Wii Grumble Volcano will serve as the "Lava-tastic" retro course this time around. (Which is fine, because it looks GORGEOUS)

Also, HOT DIGGITY DANG THEY'RE MAKING A MK8 BUNDLE. I gotta give Nintendo some more monies. *sigh*

And I happen to LIKE Metal Mario and mained him in 7. It's probably because of that filter they put on his voice. It gives me goosebumps. I just find it funny that there's a Metal Peach, because everyone makes Solid Peach jokes about her role in Paper Mario 1 & 2, now she's LITERALLY solid... metal. <.<;

Oh. Well it does look very similar...

I like how the Bowser statue actually PUNCHES the track. Geez.

I like Metal Mario's voice because it sounds like Mario talking underwater. Or drowning. :3

EDIT: Well this is neat.
Battle Mode takes place on the actual tracks.
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:37 30/04/2014 by I-Brawler
#39 Posted: 21:13:03 30/04/2014
Not a fan of Metal Mario and "Pink Gold Peach" (that's seriously the official name). They scream "we ran out of dev time and had to even out the roster rows, so have some re-textured characters with voice clips edited in Audacity". Not a big deal though, as long as I have Rosie. And I got TWO Rosies.

I'm still holding out for guest characters like Kirby. And the omissions of Diddy Kong and Bowser.Jr is strange. Either unlockables, or DLC. I see room for at least another row of characters on the character select screen.
---
#40 Posted: 21:26:58 30/04/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Not a fan of Metal Mario and "Pink Gold Peach" (that's seriously the official name). They scream "we ran out of dev time and had to even out the roster rows, so have some re-textured characters with voice clips edited in Audacity". Not a big deal though, as long as I have Rosie. And I got TWO Rosies.

I'm still holding out for guest characters like Kirby. And the omissions of Diddy Kong and Bowser.Jr is strange. Either unlockables, or DLC. I see room for at least another row of characters on the character select screen.

They MUST bring Dry Bones and Funky. Me and my bro's favs from Wii.

*prays*
---
you never saw me
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#41 Posted: 21:28:24 30/04/2014

Yeah... While I kind of like the metallic voice Metal Mario has, I just see both of them as wasted opportunity. I'm also not fond of the Koopalings. I would've rather seen one option for them that would "randomly" select one of the 7. All 7 being seperate characters feels rather like excess filler that could've been better utalized in more character options. I am ok with Baby Rosalina, as I do like the babies and Rosalina is a favorite.

I would much rather have seen Boswer Jr., Diddy Kong, Dry Bones (Seriously, what's up with him being missing), Birdo, King Boo, and if they really needed filler maybe Pauline and bring back ROB and Honey Queen.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#42 Posted: 21:47:05 30/04/2014
That free game promo, plus 10$ Gas Card preorder at bestbuy gives me more of an incentive to buy.
---
words. letters. filler.
#43 Posted: 21:48:44 30/04/2014
Here's the full range of games for the free game promo:

[User Posted Image]
---
#44 Posted: 21:54:58 30/04/2014
Probably Wind Waker or Wonderful 101 for me.

EDIT: I don't live in the USA, so does that mean I can't get the promotion? I tried signing up but it's US/Canadian residents only.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:06 30/04/2014 by gillgrunt987
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#45 Posted: 21:56:05 30/04/2014
OMG I WANT THAT PIKMIN 3
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#46 Posted: 22:08:47 30/04/2014
NINTENDO LAAAAAAAAAAAAND
---
you never saw me
#47 Posted: 22:08:56 30/04/2014
Quote: gillgrunt987
Probably Wind Waker or Wonderful 101 for me.

EDIT: I don't live in the USA, so does that mean I can't get the promotion? I tried signing up but it's US/Canadian residents only.

It's worldwide. I watched the UK Direct and they had it in that.

You just need to set up a Club Nintendo account. If you can't find a UK option, you've logged onto the American Club Nintendo site.

Here's the UK one:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk
---
#48 Posted: 22:18:47 30/04/2014

I realize it's a big waste. A part of me thinks that it's because they do want to do DLC. But if that's the case, I seriously hope they'd consider extra characters and courses, like they're doing with Mario Golf. (And that's a 3DS game, to boot.)
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#49 Posted: 00:22:53 01/05/2014
I made my decision, I'm going to get the bundle with Pikmin 3 as the free game.
#50 Posted: 01:09:38 01/05/2014
I'm getting that for sure now. ASAP.
---
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me