Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How soon is too soon? [CLOSED]
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#1 Posted: 02:34:54 19/03/2014 | Topic Creator
There's this girl I know who is currently a junior in high school. She's been in a long distance relationship for about eight months now. She hasn't actually met her boyfriend yet but she claims they are meeting this summer.
Here's the thing: they're engaged.

I know it's not really any of my business, or y'all's for that matter... but anyway here are my questions for you guys:
~Would you be able to do something as... bold... as that?
~And if you want to get married in the future, how soon would you be willing to get engaged? How soon do you think is too soon?
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:26:51 19/03/2014 by AvatariDragon
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#2 Posted: 02:42:03 19/03/2014
I'm not too sure I could pull that off.

Although, as for the engagement time, I really think that most weddings are too late. Okay if 1 or 2 months, but not 1 damn year and a half e.e Is preparing everything even that hard?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#3 Posted: 02:55:16 19/03/2014
For all we know he could be an online predator.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#4 Posted: 03:07:11 19/03/2014
Wow engaged to someone you've never met...? That's uhh wrong..... Sorry, but yeah.

I'd like to meet the person and make sure we're right for each other first. There are jsut some things that you can't know abotu someone only knowing them online.

Not really sure. Definatly some time before getting engaged. Not jsut a few months, maybe the better part of year jsut to make sure you two could do well together, live together, and could enjoy being with each other for the rest of your lives wihtout tiring of each other.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#5 Posted: 03:20:11 19/03/2014
It's true, if you've never met the person then you have no reference for who they are. There have been many cases of internet predators doing this exact same thing, IMO I would never do it.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#6 Posted: 09:22:52 19/03/2014
No, I would most likely never ask my significant other to get married to me IRL over the internet, I'd do it in person after we've actually met in person. Not to say I don't love her to pieces, which I do, it just wouldn't really seem right making such a life changing decision over the internet.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#7 Posted: 10:40:42 19/03/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon
There's this girl I know who is currently a junior in high school. She's been in a long distance relationship for about eight months now. She hasn't actually met her boyfriend yet but she claims they are meeting this summer.
Here's the thing: they're engaged.

I know it's not really any of my business, or y'all's for that matter... but anyway here are my questions for you guys:
~Would you be able to do something as... bold... as that?
~And if you want to get married in the future, how soon would you be willing to get engaged? How soon do you think is too soon?

Well, there are a lot of feelings going in a long-distance relationship, especially when you've never met your loved one. I think they're "engaged" simply to make their bond feel a bit more permanent for the time being.

On topic, I think you have to get to know to someone to really make that desicion well. I have a friend who got engaged to a girl the same day she not only broke up with another guy, but started a relationship with my friend.
A month later I'm talking to my friend, and he seems a bit reluctant to discuss his new relationship, and I just say: "Ah. You don't like her, do you?"
Then he admitted that he had learned a lot of unpleasant traits about that girl by spending time with her personally, and had lost interest in her on week one.

So, that's how it might go if you get engaged "too soon". It's not really about the time, you just have to have to know your loved one well before that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:41:34 19/03/2014 by Samius
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me