Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 9 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23 24
High School vs. Aliens (Private)
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#401 Posted: 02:18:07 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"Hmm," Rachel said thoughtfully. "And that scares you? The advanced class? Or is it just something about the teacher..?" She trailed off there. Personally, she didn't find Mr. White to be a scary person. Her substitute teacher in third grade is what she defined as scary. She shuddered again at the memory. But Mr. White... He didn't seem scary to her. He certainly wasn't the friendliest teacher, but she didn't think of him as mean, either. In her mind, he was just one of those teachers who wanted to make sure the kids actually got their work done, and being strict was often the best way in accomplishing that. Still, she began to wonder if Shane saw him differently, or if Mr. White had acted differently towards him than he had towards her.

At Shane's question, she laughed softly at the term 'cellular device'. "Actually, I don't. I know, I know. 'What kind of teenager doesn't have a cell phone?' I just don't really talk to or hang out with anyone outside of school, so I don't really need one." She shrugged.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#402 Posted: 02:24:15 27/03/2014
Curiosity was starting to bother Syndral now, and it was distracting her from her reading. If Rachel had been beside her, then where she had gone, and why? Normally, she wouldn't care, and she figured she would possibly she her later, but the questions still nagged at her. Unanswered questions always nagged at her people, curiosity begging, demanding for answers. Despite their cold exterior, they were a very curious race, and once something caught their interest, they simply wanted to know everything about it. So Syndral wanted to know what Rachel was up to.

Lowering her novel enough to peek over the top of it, she turned her gaze to the hallway in search of the human she had enjoyed conversation with. Syndral then spotted her over by the lockers, conversing with another. She immediately identified this person as the male human, Shane. At least, she didn't realize he was a member of the Brotherhood. She sighed and just decided to accept it. Rachel was busy talking to someone more social and fun, and Syndral had no intention of interacting with Zurgon again. She found him to be too friendly and annoying for her taste.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#403 Posted: 02:35:16 27/03/2014
//Syndral wants Zurgon so bad smilie//

Zurgon was just beginning to get used to being called Shane, he found Earth names odd, he also found it odd how the human alphabet only had twenty-six letters, then again a human's vocal chords weren't that advanced yet, but he digressed. Zurgon tended to let his mind wander most times, he was always wondering about something new, and once he was done with that he would move on to the next thing that intrigued him. "He's just really cold and he gives me a really weird feeling, a strange feeling in my gut tells me that he's bad news, but then again, that feeling might just be hunger." This was one of his first attempts at a joke on Earth, he thought it was quite clever. "You mean, you don't have any friends?" He didn't mean to be so forward and blunt. "Perhaps you could change that?" He said with a smile. "I don't have any friends either...Everyone seems to think I'm odd, but I won't let that get me down! We could be besties!" He practically jumped up in excitement at his own idea. "Maybe you could come to my house after school."

STUPID! You don't even have a house! You have a cave! He hoped that this wouldn't screw up his mission, he was a fast thinker but if she said yes he would only have a few hours to acquire a house.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#404 Posted: 02:47:30 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: *dies* smilie))

"Oh," she said thoughtfully, then chuckled a bit. "Yeah, I guess hunger can do strange things to a person." Frowning a little bit at Shane's conclusion from what she had said, Rachel clarified, "I have friends, I just don't see any after school." Smiling slightly, she said, in response to his last suggestion, "Maybe I could someday. Not today. You're nice, but I still barely know you," she reminded him. "So I won't be coming to your house any time soon," she laughed. "Maybe someday, though."

Spotting Syndral amongst the crowd, she perked up a bit. "Oh! Have you met Diane?" she asked, practically dragging Shane along with her to introduce the two if they haven't already met.

((OOC: Too bad, Syndral. You're talking to him again. smilie))
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#405 Posted: 02:55:30 27/03/2014
Syndral's eyes widened when she saw Rachel walk her way, dragging Shane along with her. Oh, no. Why is she bringing that annoying human towards me? I did not wish to converse with him again. Perhaps if I focus on my book, she'll leave me alone like before. She thought, and promptly began to read to avoid conversation.

ooc: Pfft, yeah, right! smilie If anything, she wants to kill Zurgon so that she can talk to Rachel without him there. x3
---
#406 Posted: 04:33:58 27/03/2014
Zurgon nearly fell over when Rachel began to drag him over to Syndral, or 'Diane' as she was known on Earth, he had been acquainted with her, but Zurgon wasn't sure that she liked him that much, which confused him, he was so nice to her and she seemed to ignore him when they amd first met. "Yea, we have first slot together, Hello!" The awkwardness could be felt in the air as he had come face to face with Syndral.
---
#407 Posted: 04:38:20 27/03/2014
"Greetings again, Shane." Syndral said in her usual monotone, giving a slight nod. She did nothing more as she then turned her gaze to her novel, hoping not to have to interact with him.
---
#408 Posted: 04:47:50 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"Oh, you've already met each other?" Rachel asked, oblivious to the awkward tension in the air. "Well, I guess there's no need for introductions, then." Thinking a bit, she told Syndral, "Sorry for leaving for a little bit. I had to put my stuff back in my locker and see how Shane was doing."
---
#409 Posted: 04:50:52 27/03/2014
//I gotta go, I need sleep,I'll post in the morning, Night!//
---
#410 Posted: 04:55:53 27/03/2014
Syndral looked up and glanced at Rachel. "That is fine. I understand." She said simply. However, I don't understand why you had to bring this annoying parasite with you. I could do without being forced to converse with him again.
---
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5705
#411 Posted: 10:27:32 27/03/2014
Ryo got out of his seat when he heard the bell. He did too have gym. He exited the class, getting pushed. But when someone ran into him, he grabbed their shirt collars and moved them. As he walked, he saw Rachel and decided to ruin her day.

"Hello..." he said to her, acting friendly, but with a hint of sarcasm.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#412 Posted: 11:01:53 27/03/2014
((Update please?))
---
#hu
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#413 Posted: 11:58:27 27/03/2014
OOC: Everyone's on their way to gym class, right now.

As Mort walked out of Mr. White's class, avoiding getting trampled by the considerably taller students, a particular group caught his eye. Some of the others he had briefly seen before (one had tried to greet him but he didn't notice) were conversing together on their way to the next class. The crowd shifted, revealing a familiar face.
There she is!

"Hey, Sy- Diane! Diane!" Mort called in excitement, rushing up to her.
**** it, nice first impression, already about to blow her cover. He hoped that she wouldn't take too harshly to the slip up.
He stopped right up to Diane, giving her a sort of apologetic look. "Hey, hi. You remember me, right? Mort? From last time?" he greeted, emphasizing his last words pointedly. He was sure that Syndral hadn't forgotten their mission into the foreign planet. He knew he hadn't...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:43 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#414 Posted: 12:28:12 27/03/2014
Seytrius got up as the bell rang, and ran after Shane. He had lost him for a bit, and was now currently trying to find him, mainly because he had a suspicion he was an alien. Whether or not from the Brotherhood, he didn't know. He was walking around, constantly bumping into people, and people bumping into him. "Sorry. Excuse me. I'm so sorry." Was all he said as he was pushed, shoved, and jostled through the hallway.
---
#hu
#415 Posted: 20:50:43 27/03/2014
Zurgon was getting very confused and disoriented, there were so many people around him, conversing, he didn't know whether to say something or keep his mouth shut. Zurgon hadn't seen Mort before, he didn't have any morning classes with him, he didn't think, and if he did he didn't notice him, he was confused as to how humans could keep track of so many people, along with themselves, where he came from all of his people had numbered tags, he was number 4441647. "Hello, there." He said, softly, not wanting to full-on barge into the conversation this boy was trying to start. Zurgon could tell that Syndral was about to converse with this Mort character, so he turned back to Rachel and whispered, "I don't think Diane likes me that much, or at all for that matter." He knew she didn't, he could just sense it.

//At some point Syndral will realize how great Zurgon is and they'll like make out in the closet or something smilie//
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:21 27/03/2014 by Lunarz
#416 Posted: 21:16:33 27/03/2014
Syndral immediately turned as she heard someone call out her name. She recognized that voice. She focused her gaze on the short boy that approached her. She recognized his disguise from the earlier class, when he introduced himself. Even then, he seemed familiar. Now her mind was piecing together the clues. Nearly stating her name, emphasizing ''last time'', it seemed clear. He was from the Order, and she knew exactly which member, too.

"Mort, do not call me that in public!" She nearly hissed in a hushed tone of voice. The last thing they needed were their identites revealed on the first day. She took note of his apolegetic expression. While she was unclear on it's true meaning, it was still a sign that he was different from when they had first met. With that reminder, she took a breath to calm herself. It had become a habit for her to be watchful and critical of him. She would have to keep in mind that he didn't need that so much anymore.

"Yes. Of course I remember." She replied, her monotone voice returning. "How could I forget?" She gave the slightest hint of a smile. While they had a rough start, they did eventually work things out. Morph had arguably been one of the most difficult partners she had been forced to work with, if not the worst. That was an experiance she would surely never forget. However, that was in the past. She wouldn't have belived it to be possible when they first met, but now they were actually on good terms. "We went to the same school together. I remember working on a project with you in the past, and... Well, a lot did not go exactly as planned."

ooc: Whatever. If Syndral goes into any closet with Zurgon, it's to shoot him with her laser gun and obliterate him in private, so as not to blow her cover. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:15:36 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#417 Posted: 21:56:28 27/03/2014
OOC: Oh, you silly!

"Sorry, sorry!" Morph whispered quickly. "I'm just... really glad to see you again. It's been a while."
He gave a breath of relief, loosening the tension in his shoulders. "Yeah, and I didn't make it much better, did I? Gave you a run for your money," he laughed. "You're gonna have to tell me what's all happened with you. I haven't seen you in ages."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:41:01 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#418 Posted: 22:08:49 27/03/2014
"Just do not allow it to occur again, alright?" Syndral sighed quietly. She gave a nod. "Yes, it has. It is nice to see you again." While her expression and tone remained unchanged, she did mean what she said. It was a relief knowing that she wasn't on this mission alone, and it was nice to officially get a chance to meet up with one of her old partners again. She knew Elim was here, she just hadn't seen him yet.

"Well, no, not exactly. You were fairly difficult." That was an understatement, but she wasn't about to go into detail here. "However, that is in the past." She gave a small smile. "Hmm, well, I have been working, of course. Operating on machinery, performing science fair experiments, general schoolwork, I have kept fairly busy as per usual. What about you? What have you been up to? I figure you have kept yourself out of trouble?" There had been no change in her demeanor, so there was no indication that she had expected him to revert back to his old ways in her absence.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:35 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#419 Posted: 23:05:56 27/03/2014
Ooc: seems everyone else is, so I'll give some origins for P3. She comes from the planet Noko, and her skin is designed to keep heat in. Noko doesn't have a sun, and the only inhabitants are scientists of the Brotherhood. They were trying to make four perfect soldiers. One for head on combat, one for a combination of the two, and a stronger version of P3.They attempted these in that order, and P4 was just to complicated for even the greatest minds if the galaxy to manage. He died 1 day after creation.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#420 Posted: 01:25:27 28/03/2014
OOC: Experimental sapients are cool. smilie

"Pssh, yeah, hardly," Mort scoffed, shrugging. "But, you're right. The past is in the past."
He listened intently to Diane's reply, "schoolwork" clearly meaning her job as an agent, and "science fair projects" likely meaning personal robotic projects. "Ah, same. And yeah, you won't be having anymore trouble from me, ha ha. At least not to that degree."
Morph was feeling at the most ease he had all day. It was refreshing seeing a familiar face, especially one who had played an important part in his career.
"So, off to gym class, then?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:49 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#421 Posted: 01:35:18 28/03/2014
Zurgon jumped up from his current position next to Rachel and moved up towards Mort, walking by his left side, intently listening to all the words he had been saying, and then immediately forgetting them, Zurgon did that a lot, he would forget a lot of things, he once put his pocket watch down, (A pocket watch was another Earth item that his people brought back from their missions) and forgot where he put it, he couldn't find it for weeks.

Zurgon spoke with a smile on his face, which was obvious since he always had a smile on his face, "Hello, there, I'm Shane, Shane Blair." He held his hand out as they walked down the halls of the school. Zurgon was unaware of his being an alien, or more importantly from The Order, but it wouldn't have been the first time Zurgon tried to befriend someone from The Order.
---
#422 Posted: 01:47:20 28/03/2014
Syndral narrowed her gaze only slightly. She was not amused with his casual take on past events. Perhaps it seemed worse from her point of view, but she did not take his former attitude lightly. Still, it was all in the past, so there was no point fussing over it now.

She gave a nod of understanding to his reply. "Well, good. That is a relief." She smiled a bit. Maybe she could relax a little more on this mission and not worry about him so much.

She nodded again. "Yes, gym, the class of physical activity." She stated in her usual monotone. "While not my preferred subject of choice, I suppose it will not be so bad. After sitting for majority of the day thus far, I could use an opportunity to stretch my legs."

Syndral may not have particularly enjoyed exercising, but she was in shape for a Zvarranik. In fact, she was more fit than the rest of her kind, who spent too much time working indoors. Having to go out on missions for the Order, Syndral made a point to stay in shape for her job. Still, because of her race, she could only go so far before hitting a wall. Physically speaking, her species were not known for much aside from their speed. Still, with their potent venom and intellect, they usually did not require much else.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:57 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#423 Posted: 02:08:35 28/03/2014
"Well, I don't blame you. You'd rather be working on your robots than running around aimlessly," Mort replied. He himself actually enjoyed physical activity. He was in excellent shape and health, which was valued by the Order. And although he possessed a commendable amount of physical strength, his outwardly soft body assisted in stealth, which was his greater skill. Even at the moment, his trained footsteps were nigh impossible to hear, despite wearing different leg gear. He had been practicing, but it wasn't perfect. He was still at his best when his feet were free.

Mort turned to the voice of the person next to him. "Mort Stuart," he replied plainly, taking Shane's hand, before realizing something wasn't right. It was at this moment his brain decided to remember that he had forgotten to properly assemble his hand extensions. The human would have felt the smooth skin and lacy fingers of their kind, if he had remembered to put the skin on. Shane wouldn't be feeling smooth, warm skin, but cold metal.
Oh ****!
Panic-driven, he pulled away, stealing a nervous glance as Diane. He hoped the human was too distracted to become aware of the bizarre difference in his hands.

OOC: I'm off to bed once again. Tomorrow night I'll be staying up longer. Night!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:21:10 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
#424 Posted: 02:30:49 28/03/2014
//Told you Zurgon wouldn't be the first to give it away smilie Hmm...Do I want Zurgon to expose Mort? Let's see....//

Zurgon had indeed felt the difference between Mort's hand and a normal human hand, it was such an obvious distinction between the two of them, but Zurgon could see that Mort's hand look completely fine, no signs of mutation or oddities, Zurgon's eyes opened wide, he couldn't believe what he had just discovered... "You're...." He paused for a moment 'Amazingly good at handshakes, quite a fine grip you've got there." Thus answering the question to how oblivious Zurgon was. He thought that maybe Mort had a human condition which made his hands feel that way, whatever it was Zurgon didn't want to pay much attention to it

//I'm out for the night, too.//.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:11 28/03/2014 by Lunarz
#425 Posted: 03:17:00 28/03/2014
Syndral took notice of Mort's nervous glance to her and the fact that he had pulled his hand away so quickly, although she didn't quite understand why. Was there some sort of problem? She didn't think Morph was as opposed to physical contact as she was. He seemed fine with the handshake at first. What had changed? Were Shane's hands cold? No, that didn't seem likely, at least not in the sense that it would bother him. He wasn't sensitive to the cold like she was. She also took note of Shane's mention of his particular handshake. That was odd. Why would he mention something like that? Was there something strange about Morph's hands? Morph's hands... Wait... He wouldn't be foolish enough to use holograms for a disguise, would he? She sighed. Actually, that was possible.

The hologram worked to hide one's appearance, but it did not mask the texture and feel of a human. In order to keep one's identity a secret, one had to avoid physical contact. Although Syndral wanted to avoid physical contact anyway, she had no intention of risking her cover with a hologram. That was why she decided to use a custom made skin suit instead. She just couldn't let her true identity be known, and her scales would be too obvious to hide without a skin suit.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:03 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#426 Posted: 04:10:29 28/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel kept quiet as she walked down the hallway with the little group that had assembled over time. Some of them she recognized, while others were new to her. She would have introduced herself to them, but they seemed engrossed in their own introductions and conversations, so she simply listened thoughtfully to their discussions. As she walked, she mentally took note that Diane and Mort knew each other already. Syndral seemed to be a bit tense around him. It might have been because she didn’t like him, but then again, it seemed to Rachel that she acted similarly around everyone. Shane had said that she didn’t seem to like him much. Maybe it was just her average persona.

She didn’t notice the awkward handshake between Mort and Shane, having become too engrossed in her thoughts to notice much of anything of the like. The teachers had certainly been right; there certainly were a lot of new students this year, giving Rachel even more things to think about than usual.
---
#427 Posted: 04:30:53 28/03/2014
As the conversation seemed to quiet down a bit, Syndral sighed and continued to read her novel. She became immersed in the words again, paying less attention to the crowd around her. The growing group of social people made her a little bit uncomfortable. She was relieved at a chance to return to her book, and hoped to not be disturbed.

She had already socialized more than she ever did during a normal day on her planet, and she had about enough of it for today. Syndral just didn't understand how people did it, and some of them were just so friendly that they irritated her. Morph and Rachel didn't bother her, but still, there was only so much she could take before she just needed some space. Reading a book gave her an excuse, an escape. It broke off eye contact from others and blocked her off from the world. The book was her shield against social interactions, and she was happy to have it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:24 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#428 Posted: 11:37:07 28/03/2014
OOC: Dang, those two have a lot in common already, being too impulsive and constantly nearly blowing their cover. Maybe they can be buddy-buddy? smilie

Mort thought that the human's reply was odd, but he reminded himself that Shane was human, thus being odd in himself. He nodded his thanks, but still had some doubt. Adrenaline from his sudden panic still lingered, although that could have also been his embarrassment at nearly blowing his cover yet again. He couldn't tell what Diane thought, but he knew it wasn't edifying on his part.
He knew the best kind of disguise in this case would be a full body skin suit, but Morph couldn't handle wearing them. They felt constraining and uncomfortable. In his home planet, he didn't even have to wear clothes, and wearing clothes was stretching it for him. But he'd have to get over it soon. The false hands were necessary, as his real hands were quite different from humans', but he needed to take steps towards getting used to a skin suit. It would be hard, but nothing about this mission was going to be easy.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:49:28 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5705
#429 Posted: 20:50:54 28/03/2014
Ryo chuckles as he walks to the gymnasium
#430 Posted: 22:50:08 28/03/2014
With Syndral's focus being on her book, rather than her surroundings, she began walking a little bit faster than the rest of the group. She started to give herself some distance between herself and them. At first glance, it seemed like she didn't notice that she was walking faster, because she was reading her novel. However, Syndral's ability to sense heat signatures told her that she was starting to separate from the group, and she didn't mind that at all. Syndral wanted to get to class and do something besides socialize, even if physical activity wasn't something she enjoyed very much.
---
#431 Posted: 23:00:22 28/03/2014
Zurgon could see the gym up ahead in the distance, only a few more steps away now. Zurgon had begun walking next to Mort, just adjacent to Rachel, he had an interested look on his face, he was interested in Mort, and the way he acted, so odd and he seemed nervous or something, he wasn't sure. "I like your backpack." Zurgon didn't exactly understand the need of backpacks, his planet had void belts which would hold anything, it was like a T.A.R.D.I.S in the sense that it was bigger on the inside. "Where did you acquire it?"
---
#432 Posted: 00:33:55 29/03/2014
Morph noticed that Syndral, not surprisingly, was putting distance between herself and his group. He understood that she was naturally repelled by social interaction, and respected her need for privacy. However, he still felt much more at ease when she was around, and he was afraid that he would make another slip up.

Syndral was the only being, other than Elim, that Morph could actually trust. The humans were enemies, and so were the Brotherhood agents that dwelt among them. He was starting to second-guess himself. He had already made three mistakes: hissing in anger while humans don't hiss, almost blurting out Diane's true identity, and forgetting to properly set up his disguise. It didn't look good. He hated to think that he might become a burden for his comrades again, like their last mission together.

"Oh?" Mort glanced at his backpack and back at Shane. "I got it from... at a store." No, it was given by the Order to help him look like he ever went to a store.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:59:39 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
#433 Posted: 01:08:24 29/03/2014
Syndral heard the conversation going on behind her and listened closely to it, pretending to still read her novel. She didn't want to jump into the conversation by any means, but she felt a slight need to keep an eye on Morph. She knew the past was behind them, and that he was better now, but she just couldn't fully shake it. She had already developed a habit of being watchful around him, and while she knew it wasn't completely necessary now, it was a hard habit to break. She just had a feeling, a nagging thought in the back of her mind, that said something bad might happen and that she should keep an eye on him. She tried to ignore it, but it just wouldn't go away. It wouldn't stop. She couldn't let him act up like before, even if he wouldn't now. She had to intervene. Her mind wouldn't let her rest otherwise.

So while pretending to read, Syndral got out a cell phone she had created and designed for this mission, which looked like a normal human device, but was capable of so much more. She immediately looked up the names of local stores that sold backpacks. One caught her attention as it appeared to be a widely popular store, Walmart. This seemed like a good possibility.

She then put away her phone and closed up her book as she slowed her pace to fall back alongside Mort. She didn't like it, but she was going to jump in and assist him, even though this was a simple matter.

"Pardon my intrusion, but I couldn't help but overhear. Mort, I am assuming you received your backpack from a local Walmart. I figured as much, since that is where I bought mine."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:53 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#434 Posted: 01:12:47 29/03/2014
Zurgon tilted his head to the side, even more intrigued, he was always intrigue it seemed, everything was so interesting to him, he was like a kid in a candy store. Zurgon had hoped that he could make friends at this school and so far he had only made one, Rachel, but he wanted to have more friends, he knew Syndral was out of the question, she hated him for some reason, he didn't understand it, he was so friendly and kind to her and she just wanted to keep to herself.

It was odd that Zurgon was blending in so well, he thought that people would be on to him by now, but thankfully he hadn't given anything away that would have made him seem like an alien, which was ironic due to his eccentric nature. They had just now reached the gym, it was big and shiny, Zurgon didn't like it, it was too big and spacey, he hated it, Zurgon liked smaller spaces. "Well I do hope we can be good friends." Mort was much more friendly and exuberant in comparison to Syndral.
---
#435 Posted: 01:49:44 29/03/2014
Morph wasn't surprised at Diane's intervention. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, I went there for it." He groaned inwardly. He was already showing signs of needing constant assistance. Hopefully he could change that soon.

He wasn't given a chance to dig deeper into that thought when they entered the gymnasium. It was wide and spacious, designed to hold hundreds of humans.
He thought about Shane's response before replying. Trust was the perfect opportunity to gain inside information, but it was difficult to gain. If he could feign friendship, he would also fit much better into the human social structure.

"Oh... sure. That would be fine," was all Mort said, hoping to sound convincing enough.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:18 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
#436 Posted: 02:06:08 29/03/2014
Syndral sighed and ignored Zurgon's comment about friendship. Instead, she focused her attention on the gymnasium that they had just arrived at. It unsettled her how wide and spacious it was, not because of the space itself, but because of how many people she imagined it could hold. Figuring out how many people it could likely hold made her very comfortable. Too many social, annoying, idiotic parasites in one place.

She feared being forced to interact with so many at once. It would be much more than Syndral could take. She was starting to think that skipping gym class wouldn't be such a bad idea, but it was too late to do that for today. For now, she would just have to accept the fact that she was trapped here until class was over. She just hoped it wouldn't be too unbearable.

Syndral continued to read her novel as she walked off to go sit in a dark, quiet corner by herself. She wanted to avoid conversation as much as possible, and hoped to go unnoticed in the corner, hiding behind her book.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:20 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#437 Posted: 03:00:54 29/03/2014
When Diane slunk away, Morph felt sympathy for her.
I'm not the only one who's having trouble. All this social interaction is taking a toll on her. At least the humans will leave her alone for the most part; they don't care much for the antisocial ones, he thought.

"So, do you like gym class?" Mort asked Shane, glancing at all the students that progressively filled the gymnasium. "I like having the opportunity to stretch my legs after sitting all day, you know what I mean?" He hoped to kick-start this "friendship" by sharing view points.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:33 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
#438 Posted: 03:17:28 29/03/2014
//I really hope at some point Mort tries to kill Zurgon and realizes he can't because no ones ever been as nice to him as Zurgon has, or something sappy like that, I just enjoy playing out different scenarios that could happen down the road.//

Zurgon had been deep in thought, so he had zoned Mort out, he had heard him, but it hadn't reached his brains yet, he was too busy wondering who 'Jim' was, perhaps he was the teacher? and if so, then he must be a powerful man to have had a school subject named after him.

"Hmm?" The question finally got through to him, he had already gathered from the surroundings in the gym that it was something to do with exercise and fitness. "I'm not quite sure...My other...Schools didn't have gym class, I suppose it wasn't mandatory, but from what I've gathered I don't presume that I will care for it too much." This was good, he was conversing with someone and not being made fun of.
---
#439 Posted: 03:36:23 29/03/2014
OOC: I could see that happening. I feel that Zurgon and Morph will find that they have a lot in common, despite the former's friendliness and the latter's grouchiness.
I tend to do the same things with my characters. I've come up with a lot of ideas that I hope come to be.

"Your schools didn't have gym class?" Apparently humans' own scholarship programs were different from each other. He'd keep that in mind. "Well, if you don't like exercise, you won't like it very much. Although, it depends on the teacher. Some'll work you really hard. Especially if all they see is this," he gestured to his robust body, "and don't realize that there's more muscle under here than meets the eye."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:09 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
#440 Posted: 03:46:21 29/03/2014
Zurgon raised an eyebrow at the boy, confused at his previous statement of him being out of shape."You are implying that you are fat?" He wondered, of course he obviously wasn't going to wait for an answer, he didn't like waiting, why would you want to get to where you were going, slowly? "You look completely fine to me, don't get too caught up with your physical appearance, if others don't like you or your looks then to hell with them." He then proceeded to give the boy a thumbs up.

It was true, Zurgon was both an attractive alien in his species standards and a very attractive human, but he didn't care too much about his looks in the first place, he thought it was what was on the inside that mattered, the outside was just a bonus.
---
#441 Posted: 03:50:31 29/03/2014
Syndral glanced up from her novel, peeking over the top of the book. She spotted Mort and Zurgon talking and sighed. At least she was free of social interactions for the time being. She had best enjoy it while it lasted. Still, that nagging thought lingered. She knew how bad Morph once was, and a part of her mind still insisted on keeping an eye on him. It was that critical, perhaps even paranoid, mind of the Zvarranik.

Her kind were often not only hard on themselves for their mistakes, but their partners as well. They were so driven and determined to succeed that the mere thought of failure could shake them to their core. They simply had to succeed, and in their minds, an error on their partner's part was an error on theirs as well. It was that reason that Syndral's mind would not allow her peace. She had to prevent Morph from making mistakes. He had to be perfect. She had to be perfect.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:53 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#442 Posted: 03:56:52 29/03/2014
"Um, yes. Do I not look I am?" Shane was proving very odd for a human. A teenage human, especially. He seemed to have missed the point of his statement, and simply told him not to care what people thought of his appearance, in a society that held a sort of cookie-cut model of beauty in high esteem. It was intriguing to him.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:32:09 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
#443 Posted: 04:00:32 29/03/2014
"Oh, I know when I see one, but why does it matter?" He didn't understand why it was so intrinsic to worry about ones weight, other than health issues, but Zurgon didn't really care what people looked like, he cared about the inside, and ironically so did The Order, but in a much different way, in a kind of 'cut-people-open-and-see-their-insides' kind of way.
---
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#444 Posted: 04:03:21 29/03/2014
OOC: Is it to late to join? I want to join... if i can

Name: Maria
Grade: (If student, just put what grade they are in. If teacher, put what grade they teach and what subject.) Student, grade 10th
Personality: She is kind to everyone, an likes to make friends.
Appearance: https://www.google.com/search?...pg%3B1024%3B768 (credit)
Other: (dose there have to be one?)
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:59 29/03/2014 by Eevee88
#445 Posted: 04:13:14 29/03/2014
"Oh, it doesn't matter to me, really. I was just saying that most people wouldn't think I could run more laps than most of the kids in this gym... not to brag." Shane was definitely not like the other humans, who cared so deeply about their physical appearance to the point of self-harm. "But I agree. Why are looks so important when we have school to think about?"

Where Morph was from, there were many ways one could be deemed "attractive", whether it be muscle mass, or bright antenna color, or even having extra meat on the bones. Morph was genetically blessed to possess a combination of these traits, to a degree. However, it wasn't what defined him, and he knew that.
But humans seemed to only care about how thin they were, particularly the females. They were known to practically starve themselves to death by trying to reach the desired waistline. Not ideal.

Mort explained this concept to Shane, leaving out any bits that would give away his origins, of course.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:49:21 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
#446 Posted: 04:13:22 29/03/2014
//Why is she in grade 10 if she's 18? She should be in grade 12. also, just so you know the humans don't know about the aliens.//

"Huh..." Zurgon listened inattentively to all that Mort had to say. "You come from an odd place." It was then that Zurgon saw the gym teacher, he was taking attendance and telling the children to sit down on the rafters that were installed into the side of the wall closest to the doors. He continued to speak as they walked to the risers. "So, what do you like to do for fun? I've just moved here and I really don't know what there is to do here, is there any arcade games? Do you have a candy store? Do you like video games? OOH! How about fish?! Do you have an aquarium?!"
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:18:52 29/03/2014 by Lunarz
#447 Posted: 04:29:46 29/03/2014
Yes, a very odd place, to you, Mort thought as they made way to the rafters. Trying to keep up with all of Shane's questions, he thought of a way to somehow answer all of them at the same time. "I just moved here too, so I don't really know what's around this town. As for an aquarium... no. But there might be an aquarium in town, where you can just look at the fish." The human seemed particularly interested in aquatic Earth life forms. "And what kind of video games?" He didn't know extensive knowledge on the subject.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:50:09 02/05/2016 by Waaksian
#448 Posted: 04:38:26 29/03/2014
Zurgon found a place to sit and took a seat, the rafters were large and black in color, they had a silver stair case in the middle and were very uncomfortable to sit upon. "I'm not sure...I also do apologize for all my questions, I just get very excited at times, and I can't shut it off." His apology was quite genuine, but he quickly moved on from that, he turned his attention to the rest of the students, scanning them up and down with his eyes, remembering every detail of them, the boys and the girls, how they dressed, how they talked, acted, looked. The room was full of awkward teen boys staring at the girls, and the girls were clearly uninterested but obviously liked the attention. "So, do you like, like Diane or something?" The question came out of nowhere, but he thought it was a fair question.
---
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#449 Posted: 04:38:26 29/03/2014
OOC: Let me fix it up a bit
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#450 Posted: 04:39:46 29/03/2014
Syndral heard the teacher and sighed as she got up. She climbed up to the top of the rafters, sitting in the corner, away from the others. Peeking over her book still, she watched the others and listened to their conversations from afar. She took note of where everyone else was and what they were doing. Syndral watched Mort carefully, making sure that he wasn't about to do anything stupid.
---
First | Previous | Page 9 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me