Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Activision made me start over [CLOSED]
goldstock Green Sparx Gems: 181
#1 Posted: 20:02:56 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Has Anyone ever had to restart the game? I was getting a load error 12. Which started my game over and cost me everything. Activision said they would reimburse my gems, but what about all my purchases like shrines and companions? I gave them all the info I could remember but the still haven't comped my new account.

Anyway...now I have no friends...give me an add.

Ducktown10
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#2 Posted: 12:01:06 17/03/2014
Sorry to hear this goldstock.

I had a corrupt save a while back, but was lucky - they were able to retrieve/recreate my game exactly where I left it. I missed out on about 3 weeks of playing waiting for the restored game, but at least I got it back. I know many others got older stored games or had to start over and were compensated with gems, so they could quickly rebuild to where they had been. One of them will probably have better advice for you with regards to what to expect when.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#3 Posted: 14:00:02 17/03/2014
My game just reset. And I've forgotten both the e-mail and password that I created my Activate profile with. I think I'm sunk. Trying to work with Activision assist through twitter on this but I'm not sure they'll be willing to help me with only my in-game username...

And so this is how it ends for me. It's been real guys. I hope they keep updating the game for y'all.

RIP
midas73
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#4 Posted: 15:01:51 17/03/2014
Sorry to hear that it's ending this way for you, Midas. Even if you were almost done with the game and ready to move on - it's so much nicer to stop playing on your own terms, not because the game is forcing you.

I can sympathize with Activision not being willing to help too much with just the in-game username, since anyone could claim to be anyone else, but maybe if you get them to send an e-mail to the associated e-mail account, then you check all of your e-mail accounts, you'll be able to not only identify which e-mail was used, but also use it to prove you have access to that e-mail, therefore are the legitimate owner of the in-game id.

Good luck.
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#5 Posted: 17:30:43 17/03/2014
Quote: goldstock
Has Anyone ever had to restart the game? I was getting a load error 12. Which started my game over and cost me everything. Activision said they would reimburse my gems, but what about all my purchases like shrines and companions? I gave them all the info I could remember but the still haven't comped my new account.

Ducktown10

How did you contact Activision? I purchased some gems earlier this month that I never received. I tried contacting them using the link provided in the invoice, as well as through the Activision Support Forums. I have yet to receive any response from either channel.

Quote: midas73
My game just reset. And I've forgotten both the e-mail and password that I created my Activate profile with. I think I'm sunk. Trying to work with Activision assist through twitter on this but I'm not sure they'll be willing to help me with only my in-game username...

And so this is how it ends for me. It's been real guys. I hope they keep updating the game for y'all.

RIP
midas73

That really sucks. While I can understand forgetting your password (you should look into using a password manager), how do you forget your email address? How many email addresses do you have, and why don't you have an easy-to-remember system for designating specific email addresses for certain purposes?
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
#6 Posted: 22:35:19 17/03/2014
LOL. I think I registered under a yahoo email address that has since (or maybe was already) deactivated and I'm not locked out of it and cannot reactivate it. They haven't come back and said "no" yet so I'll hold out some hope.
---
#7 Posted: 03:00:53 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Donatron
Quote: goldstock
Has Anyone ever had to restart the game?

Ducktown10

How did you contact Activision? I purchased some gems earlier this month that I never received. I tried contacting them using the link provided in the invoice, as well as through the Activision Support Forums. I have yet to receive any response from either channel.
?

I called 310-255-2050 and they were able to help my problem.
#8 Posted: 03:06:30 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
OK, after many weeks of issues and problems and headaches, my problem has been resolved. It took way longer than it probably should have. Activision finally comped me a little over 40,000 gems. Now granted, I was at level 39 after months of play just to have to reset everything to 0....but still I think a pretty fair compensation.

Still need to gather more friends...please hit me up...I'm a daily player.

Ducktown10
#9 Posted: 23:16:56 19/04/2014
Amazingly, I just remembered my activate e-mail and password and I'm back in the game. What did I miss? smilie

Honestly, I'm not sure I'll play all that much. It's been nice having the free time back...

Also, all kidding aside it doesn't look like I missed all that much. smilie
---
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#10 Posted: 03:18:49 20/04/2014
Quote: midas73
Amazingly, I just remembered my activate e-mail and password and I'm back in the game. What did I miss?

If you want to play again, better break out that spreadsheet and optimise your islands for experience...
mcquist5 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1010
#11 Posted: 13:35:18 20/04/2014
https://docs.google.com/spread...c&usp=drive_web
#12 Posted: 12:23:18 21/04/2014
Welcome back Midas73!
#13 Posted: 22:55:03 21/04/2014
My islands were more or less always optimized for experience! But I'm not sure I care that much.

Question, last time I was playing, I was at the kingdom level cap, but there was a bar that filled and when it filled you got gems. I was at about 20% to the next "level" when I left off. Do I need to get up and over one final "reset" before I can move on to level 41 or does the 20% I had built up count towards that? (Hopefully this makes sense, I'm not explaining it well, I fear...)
---
H0td0g Blue Sparx Gems: 559
#14 Posted: 00:28:19 22/04/2014
It counts towards level 41
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me