Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > darkSpyro Video game League, anyone?
Page 1 of 1
darkSpyro Video game League, anyone? [CLOSED]
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#1 Posted: 13:58:00 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Techically, the point of this topic isn't discussion about videogames, so I feel it needs to be here.

I got an idea for a "darkSpyro Video game League", one day when I was playing Age of Empires. A little playful something that we can do as a community, much like that "darkSpyro: Survivors" thing.
Everything in it is completely optional, no-one has to care if they're not interested.

Put short, the idea is simply to find a match-based game that we can play online and then, in a single topic, catalog the "stats" (wins, losses, "points" maybe) of every single user who joins the league and participates in the matches.
Obviously the stat log wouldn't be compatible for all games at once, but we could make different logs for different games as we find new ones that we can play together.

The "stat card" of a user could look something like the quote below. Aside from the league topic, you could also show it in your GB.

Quote: darkSpyro Video game League stat card
[User name] - [Game name]
[wins] / [losses]
[points]

(points = 1 + the amount of your opponent's wins for every victory. Losses yield no points.)

So, playful competition as a community? Anyone feel like it could be a fun idea? I already have an idea for a game too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:16 15/03/2014 by Samius
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#2 Posted: 14:21:37 15/03/2014
Oh, sounds fun!
I'd definatly play SSBB
...Still trying to Re-Unlock Toon Link >.>
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#3 Posted: 14:24:11 15/03/2014
Sounds cool.
#4 Posted: 14:27:08 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: prextail202
Oh, sounds fun!
I'd definatly play SSBB

SSBB crossed my mind too, since it seems to be a popular game.

Is it possible for enough people to play SSBB-matches against other dS users online, to create a stat log that is not just a few users battling against each other (let's say more than five)?
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#5 Posted: 14:58:56 15/03/2014
This sounds fun.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#6 Posted: 16:01:59 15/03/2014
Pleaseeee put a capital G in Video Game pleaseeeeeeeee
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#7 Posted: 16:20:54 15/03/2014
Quote: Samius
Oh, sounds fun!
I'd definatly play SSBB

Is it possible for enough people to play SSBB-matches against other dS users online, to create a stat log that is not just a few users battling against each other (let's say more than five)?

gotta do it before May 20 because ninty is cutting their online service for Wii and DS then
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#8 Posted: 16:35:48 15/03/2014
I don't own SSBB. And I would like to participate.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
wakapro77 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#9 Posted: 16:37:09 15/03/2014
I can play people in TF2, L4D2, and Burnout: Paradise.

Anyone up for that?
---
hence, the yiffening shall come

I submit my art on my tumblr. PM me for the link.
#10 Posted: 17:11:28 15/03/2014
If you're refering to Left 4 Dead 2.... I think I have that.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#11 Posted: 17:13:49 15/03/2014
Oh, sounds fun!
I'd definatly play SSBB

As much as I love SSBB as a game, it's online functionality is terrible, and the Nintendo WFC services are being shut down in May. You can only create lobbies for up to four players too.

We can theoretically play any Smash Bros game online using emulators and netplay features, including the Project M mod for SSBB (which makes the game more competitively balanced and makes the pace of the game more like Melee), but not many people will have the facilities to do that.

As far as Smash Bros tournaments or leagues go, we're best just waiting for the Wii U/3DS game coming later this year. Online is a huge focus, and there isn't a story mode in the game to take up development time (there's an adventure mode of sorts for singleplayer, but it's not story based). Melee and Brawl had an offline Tourney mode where you could register tons of players into a tournament bracket, and organise match-ups. Considering how Namco Bandai is developing the new Smash Bros, it will likely have a mode like that for online play, as Namco's own fighters do.

Mario Kart games would be another good one for those with Nintendo systems.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#12 Posted: 17:20:16 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame
Pleaseeee put a capital G in Video Game pleaseeeeeeeee

Will all your problems disappear and your life be returned to normal forever and ever if I do?

Quote: Big Green
gotta do it before May 20 because ninty is cutting their online service for Wii and DS then

Oh, that's right. I forgot about that.

Quote: assassinelf
I don't own SSBB. And I would like to participate.

That's ok. SSBB isn't the only game people would play if the idea ever does start running. I don't own it myself either.

Quote: wakapro77
I can play people in TF2, L4D2, and Burnout: Paradise.

Anyone up for that?

We could take those games into account too. We'll just have to make different sorts of stat logs for them because their mechanics are different.

If anybody has any ideas, do share.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#13 Posted: 17:25:00 15/03/2014
It kind of sounded like League of Legends, except more DarkSpyro. League of DarkSpyro.

We can use League of Legends.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
wakapro77 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#14 Posted: 17:26:14 15/03/2014
Well, TF2 has its own dueling system and L4D2 is pretty easy to count

Plus, BOsmilie is just racing so yeah
---
hence, the yiffening shall come

I submit my art on my tumblr. PM me for the link.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#15 Posted: 17:31:23 15/03/2014
Man I'm down with this idea!
It sounds really cool!
Might I suggest Assassin's Creed Multiplayer and Injustice: Gods Among Us as well?
Also people that have a 3DS could play X or Y Pokemon games so
#16 Posted: 17:35:09 15/03/2014
How about Castle Crashers? Arena Mode of course.
---
#17 Posted: 17:53:07 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
I was thinking Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.7, since it's an indie strategy game that is:

1. Easy to run on any computer
2. Very simple to learn
3. Fun to play with people you know
4. Free to download
5. Turn based (making it easier for online play)
6. High-fantasy-themed (including playable factions like elves, dragon-people, undead)
7. Quick to play (Really big maps might take something like two hours to play)

I've tried it with SoulFly and Cyndego before, and they both loved it.

Man, I could imagine a large match of two teams both consisting of four darkSpyro users. That'd be an awesome way to spend an evening. Even 1v1 matches are fun online when you're not facing a predictable AI.

The game also has necessities like:

- An in-game chatbox, plus an option to send your messages to your own team only (so no skype is required for chat).
- An option to set a password in a game to prevent strangers from joining.
- The ability to watch muliplayer replays online.
- It's translated to many languages.

Quote: assassinelf
How about Castle Crashers? Arena Mode of course.

Quote: StriderSwag
Man I'm down with this idea!
It sounds really cool!
Might I suggest Assassin's Creed Multiplayer and Injustice: Gods Among Us as well?
Also people that have a 3DS could play X or Y Pokemon games so

All good suggestions, if we get enough players.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:56:08 15/03/2014 by Samius
#18 Posted: 18:29:23 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
As much as I love SSBB as a game, it's online functionality is terrible, and the Nintendo WFC services are being shut down in May. You can only create lobbies for up to four players too.

We can theoretically play any Smash Bros game online using emulators and netplay features, including the Project M mod for SSBB (which makes the game more competitively balanced and makes the pace of the game more like Melee), but not many people will have the facilities to do that.

As far as Smash Bros tournaments or leagues go, we're best just waiting for the Wii U/3DS game coming later this year. Online is a huge focus, and there isn't a story mode in the game to take up development time (there's an adventure mode of sorts for singleplayer, but it's not story based). Melee and Brawl had an offline Tourney mode where you could register tons of players into a tournament bracket, and organise match-ups. Considering how Namco Bandai is developing the new Smash Bros, it will likely have a mode like that for online play, as Namco's own fighters do.

Mario Kart games would be another good one for those with Nintendo systems.

I just noticed this now, I guess I was typing as you posted.

Ok, I see. I've never played SSBB myself so I'll just believe those of you who have.

Mario Kart I have played with my cousin, that could work for some people.
#19 Posted: 18:30:45 15/03/2014
I can't play my XBox 360 because I have to pay for online stuff so I can only use the WiiU and 3DS.
#20 Posted: 18:36:39 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
I can't play my XBox 360 because I have to pay for online stuff so I can only use the WiiU and 3DS.

Doesn't anyone have any PC multiplayer games?

Heroes 3?
Worms?
Anything?
#21 Posted: 18:38:09 15/03/2014

Heroes 3?
Worms?
Anything?

Honestly my PC is pretty crappy with games.
#22 Posted: 18:46:19 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Honestly my PC is pretty crappy with games.

Alright, well I hope we find some games for all platforms that people like to play with.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#23 Posted: 19:40:46 15/03/2014

Heroes 3?
Worms?
Anything?

League of Legends.

And there's Transformice, it's very simple you just get the cheese from a puzzle. As a mouse.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#24 Posted: 19:52:39 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100
League of Legends.

And there's Transformice, it's very simple you just get the cheese from a puzzle. As a mouse.

I've played LoL for awhile myself. It's a good game, but there's a problem.

It can't really be used in a "project" like this since it's always heavy teamplay, and I doubt that we can get 10 or 6 players dS users in a same game to play a team match without strangers.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#25 Posted: 20:47:22 15/03/2014
While it's not a direct multiplayer game online, Rayman Legends has a fun online challenge mode where randomly generated challenges appear every day and you can compete for the best scores in them, and see other people's ghosts. The only platform the game isn't available for is 3DS, so it could cover almost everyone system wise. It even got a release on PS4 and Xbox One recently.

Tekken games and Street Fighter games would be good for those who play fighters.

I'm trying to think of games but I'll have to come back later with more.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#26 Posted: 01:41:59 16/03/2014

Heroes 3?
Worms?
Anything?

*raises hand enthusiastically*

Quote: Trix Master 100

Heroes 3?
Worms?
Anything?

League of Legends.

But Transfomice is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard

Quote: sonicbrawler182
While it's not a direct multiplayer game online, Rayman Legends has a fun online challenge mode where randomly generated challenges appear every day and you can compete for the best scores in them, and see other people's ghosts. The only platform the game isn't available for is 3DS, so it could cover almost everyone system wise. It even got a release on PS4 and Xbox One recently.

Tekken games and Street Fighter games would be good for those who play fighters.

I'm trying to think of games but I'll have to come back later with more.

Street Fighter is a really nice suggestion!

Also, I'm honestly surprised that no one has mentioned Minecraft yet. That could be fun, and I'm really good at world building in that game, so if we use it, I could make like dS City or something.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#27 Posted: 06:17:51 16/03/2014
Minecraft would be cool. For other games, I don't have a system that can even play any of them. smilie
---
#hu
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#28 Posted: 06:20:01 16/03/2014
League of Legends

GG
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#29 Posted: 06:42:58 16/03/2014
Sadly, I don't have LoL or a computer. I DO have a few games on the Xbox. BatteBlock Theater maybe? I have a fewBehemoth games.
---
#30 Posted: 12:16:19 16/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok, so I see here a lot of good suggestions, we just need to refine them a bit more.

Anyway, since it seems like there are some users here who like the idea, I'll go ahead and make the "main topic". The simple (newer) idea is to:

Create a "hub" for all darkSpyro gamers
- Everybody lists games that they can and want to play online (casual, co-operative or competetive).
- Helps people to find other users to play with.

Create and maintain stat logs for all competetive games
- For people to compare their "dS league stats"
- To give competetive games a "purpose".
(I'm going to need help for this one, since I can't possibly handle logs for all games alone)

Have fun playing!

I'll create the topic on Video Gaming, and then post a link here. It might take a while.
After the topic is all done, we're good to go. Then we just need to find more players.

I got the idea of making a signature-ad for the league. This way we could spread the word without actually talking about it everywhere, you know?

Quote: Lunarz
League of Legends

GG

League of Legends also has a problem with the servers, as far as our community gaming is concerned.
I play on EUNE myself, and I'm sure there are some who play on NA or EUW. We simply can't play together if we don't all migrate to a common server.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#31 Posted: 12:18:53 16/03/2014
I would, but I really can't...
#32 Posted: 13:21:04 16/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok guys, here is the topic. If there's anything you'd like to change/make better, post your ideas here. It's a community project, not just my project, so your ideas will be taken into account.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=99680

Also, here's a signature-ad if you want to help the topic on it's way. It's less invasive to just keep this thing on your sig than actively ask other people to join the league. Also, if a lot of people have the same sig, it's bound to get some attention.

Quote:
Wanna play games online with other dS users? Check out darkSpyro Video Game League.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:23:17 16/03/2014 by Samius
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me