Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Disney in Talks to Buy PewDiePie for 500Million USD
Page 1 of 1
Disney in Talks to Buy PewDiePie for 500Million USD [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 12:17:17 12/03/2014 | Topic Creator
So yeah, they're pretty much gonna own the world in 20 years
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2 Posted: 12:25:48 12/03/2014
500million for that guy? Jeez, he's not even that entertaining. I need to start making youtube videos...
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#3 Posted: 12:44:25 12/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: kardonis
500million for that guy? Jeez, he's not even that entertaining. I need to start making youtube videos...

To be honest, Warner Bros bought Tobuscus for WAY more, but Disney is paying PewDiePie very little for his brand.
However unfunny his brand may be.
#4 Posted: 12:47:22 12/03/2014
I didn't even know that tobuscus was bought. Not that I really care. I don't get how people find these guys funny.
---
#5 Posted: 12:56:21 12/03/2014 | Topic Creator
I didn't even know that tobuscus was bought. Not that I really care. I don't get how people find these guys funny.

Well I personally don't find either funny. The only YouTubers that I watch and actually find funny are Acheivement Hunter, which is owned by their own brand, Rooster Teeth.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8508
#6 Posted: 13:07:27 12/03/2014
Doesn't he cuss?
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#7 Posted: 13:17:11 12/03/2014
I don't mind Pewdiepie as a person, he actually seems like a nice guy. However, as a channel he seems to be a bit unprofessional. And girls only watch him "cuase he's cute"

Quote: somePerson
Doesn't he cuss?

And make sexual jokes.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#8 Posted: 14:54:48 12/03/2014
I think Pewds is hilarious. However, he isn't exactly Disney material... And Disney sucks these days anyway, so his only audience will probably be like preteens and younger.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:55:39 12/03/2014 by AvatariDragon
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#9 Posted: 14:57:26 12/03/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon
I think Pewds is hilarious. However, he isn't exactly Disney material... And Disney sucks these days anyway, so his only audience will probably be like preteens and younger.

- - -
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 15:08:43 12/03/2014
I wasn't aware buying internet personalities was even a thing. But Disney does own Marvel, ABC, and ESPN too, so I guess this isn't that out there. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#11 Posted: 15:39:25 12/03/2014
You can buy Youtubers?

Also I would argue that Disney is making a comeback as far as films and other properties are concerned outside the realm of TV. Let's not forget that many Marvel projects including the Cinematic Universe that we all love wouldn't have gotten this far if Disney wasn't backing Marvel today.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#12 Posted: 15:45:47 12/03/2014
Apparently the don't just want to buy him, but the entire network.

That explains it, even PewDiePie couldn't cost that much. >.>
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#13 Posted: 16:31:28 12/03/2014
If anything, this will probably be like Tobuscus and he'll end up on a TV show.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#14 Posted: 16:50:31 12/03/2014
Anybody remember Fred?

That didn't last very long...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#15 Posted: 18:51:22 12/03/2014
100$ says that Disney forgot to actually look at his channel and just assumed that he would make them extremely popular.
Pewds isn't exactly a "Disney" star waiting to happen. he cusses ALOT and makes plenty of smexual jokes. Not to mention his bros mainly watch his horror game walkthroughs (Which wouldn't exactly be "kid friendly" which Disney tries to go for)
However a show about Pewdiepie may be popular (Remember Fred the show and Marvin Marvin? Yeah they weren't so good) or a train wreck.

If he does indeed get bought then they better not delete any of his videos. (Especially the South Park/Slenderman/Amneisa/RPG maker series of games that he makes)
If we are lucky (assuming he accepts) we can get a Pewdiepie movie instead.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#16 Posted: 19:15:52 12/03/2014
Quote: Windumup
100$ says that Disney forgot to actually look at his channel and just assumed that he would make them extremely popular.
Pewds isn't exactly a "Disney" star waiting to happen. he cusses ALOT and makes plenty of smexual jokes. Not to mention his bros mainly watch his horror game walkthroughs (Which wouldn't exactly be "kid friendly" which Disney tries to go for)
However a show about Pewdiepie may be popular (Remember Fred the show and Marvin Marvin? Yeah they weren't so good) or a train wreck.

If he does indeed get bought then they better not delete any of his videos. (Especially the South Park/Slenderman/Amneisa/RPG maker series of games that he makes)

STAR WARS EPISODE 7: A NEW PEWDIEPIE
#17 Posted: 19:30:44 12/03/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
imagine pewdiepie playing darth vader

someone shoot me

I am your BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#18 Posted: 19:46:03 12/03/2014
so tragic
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#19 Posted: 20:14:54 12/03/2014
I'd love to see him have his own show on the Disney Channel.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#20 Posted: 20:35:31 12/03/2014

IMO, this is the best response in this topic so far.

Disney tries to be kid friendly, and PewDewPie is pretty kid friendly! Slenderman is great for 4 year olds! 2 year olds should listen to him cuss!

Nothing against him.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#21 Posted: 20:39:44 12/03/2014

smexual
---
Gay 4 GARcher
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#22 Posted: 20:43:06 12/03/2014
imagine him as mickey mouse

"see ya real soon bro"
#23 Posted: 21:05:39 12/03/2014

Most of his fans are kids.
#24 Posted: 00:06:56 13/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
You can buy Youtubers?

Also I would argue that Disney is making a comeback as far as films and other properties are concerned outside the realm of TV. Let's not forget that many Marvel projects including the Cinematic Universe that we all love wouldn't have gotten this far if Disney wasn't backing Marvel today.

Warner Bros. already bought Tobuscus a long while back so

Quote: Spyrobaro
imagine pewdiepie playing darth vader

someone shoot me

agreed

Quote: Kitty
I'd love to see him have his own show on the Disney Channel.

i could honestly see him in a failure of a tween sitcom

ALSO SOURCES FOR PEOPLE THAT WANT EM
http://www.businessinsider.com...-million-2014-3
http://variety.com/2014/digita...ort-1201129487/
http://online.wsj.com/news/art...0948132518.html
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#25 Posted: 01:28:20 13/03/2014
Next Smosh. Then nigahiga. Soon, MICKEY MOUSE!
#26 Posted: 01:57:48 13/03/2014
I swear if AVGN....
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#27 Posted: 02:04:24 13/03/2014
I swear if AVGN....

Pretty sure he's partnered up with GameTrailers and ScrewAttack.com, so I don't see that happening. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#28 Posted: 02:05:14 13/03/2014
Thank SMDC2000BCv4.0Beta
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#29 Posted: 03:40:22 13/03/2014

Disney still wouldn't want a cussing, sexual, swedish (not being racist), slenderman loving, south park TSOT and horror game playing youtuber on their team.

If he does take it: He gets a bunch of cash and Disney gets to reap in off his fans
If he doesn't or Disney finds out why he is close to top of youtube: Nothing happens and Pewd stays Pewds

There is a reason why he is on top of youtube's most popular channels, Disney just wants to exploit him for profit
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#30 Posted: 11:30:41 14/03/2014

Disney still wouldn't want a cussing, sexual, swedish (not being racist), slenderman loving, south park TSOT and horror game playing youtuber on their team.

If he does take it: He gets a bunch of cash and Disney gets to reap in off his fans
If he doesn't or Disney finds out why he is close to top of youtube: Nothing happens and Pewd stays Pewds

There is a reason why he is on top of youtube's most popular channels, Disney just wants to exploit him for profit

Exactly.

Not to mention it would more than likely stain Disney's reputation. having a YouTuber like Pewdiepie wouldn't exactly put a good name on the company, what with the kind of channel Pewds runs and his track record on YouTube.

It would also bring ruin upon Pewds' channel. More than likely Disney would want Pewds to seriously dumb down his channel just so it can cater more towards kids. Then you're starting to lose what makes the channel so popular and Pewds is pretty much confirmed to only do this for money(if it wasn't evident before. not that it means I hate his channel though). It's like when Tobuscus started to dumb down his channel with his swearing because he started to cater toward a younger audience. The only difference is that Tobuscus didn't do the cursing for too long. Pewdiepie's channel surrounds all the swearing and sexual jokes, ever since he started the channel. If Pewdiepie got rid of that, and began to make videos more aimed at younger kids, you're basically getting rid of a big part of your success.
---
Cool cool.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me