Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > A tip for high school/secondary school
Page 1 of 1
A tip for high school/secondary school [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 23:27:04 11/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Don't ever argue with a teacher.

"But Metallo, what if the teacher makes a mistake in the classroom?"

Shut up, that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is trying to fight a teacher in a verbal battle over something, and disrespecting them in some way.

Example:

Room is full of noises. Teacher tells you to stop talking.

Most common response: Something along the lines of "MAN, I WASN'T TALKING" or "IT AIN'T JUST ME SO TELL EVERYBODY ELSE TO BE QUIET!"

Result: Teacher gets on you for talking back, and if you're stupid, this will lead to a whole argument. Guess who wins? Not you.

Correct response: "Okay" or "Yes sir/ma'am" and then shut up.

Result: Teacher does nothing.

Another Example:

Teacher sees student doing something against the rules. Teacher asks the student if he/she did whatever it was, just to see if they'll tell the truth.

Most common response: "No" or some variation of it.

Result: Teacher pulls the "Yes you did, I saw you, you lied to me" card. Teacher reports it, and the student gets in double trouble for breaking whatever rule they broke and for lying.

Correct response: "Yes sir/ma'am, I did it."

Result: Teacher appreciates your honesty, and may let you off with a warning.

I have seen students get punished severely (I'm talking suspension and expulsion) for yelling, cursing, and even physically threatening teachers, all of which could've been avoided had the student just not argued and done what they were told in the first place.

Seriously guys, it's not cool. You may think you look like a badass, but you really just look like an idiot.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 23:31:12 11/03/2014
Do you go to military school? Because then I would agree with you. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#3 Posted: 23:34:29 11/03/2014
To my opinion, that depends on the teacher, and how many chances you have winning such argument. >.>
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#4 Posted: 23:37:43 11/03/2014
So, what if you hear a teacher using racial/sexist slurs?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#5 Posted: 23:38:14 11/03/2014
Not all teachers are stuck up pricks. Most won't mind disagreement at all. If the teacher did something wrong they deserve to be called out on it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:04 11/03/2014 by spyro and sonic
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#6 Posted: 00:04:56 12/03/2014
That's nice dear.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#7 Posted: 00:10:04 12/03/2014
Metallo, I think you're just an amateur at this stuff.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:44 12/03/2014 by sonicbrawler182
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#8 Posted: 00:21:55 12/03/2014
they allow cyborgs in high school?
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#9 Posted: 00:28:56 12/03/2014
Your teachers are scary
---
Gay 4 GARcher
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1757
#10 Posted: 00:43:25 12/03/2014
My teachers aren't like that at all.
---
Hurrah!
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5325
#11 Posted: 01:06:05 12/03/2014
I must be the only person to agree with Metallo here...

When I was going to the gymnasium (linking because most of the people think it's a gym...), we were not allowed to talk back or argue. You just sit down, listen and take notes. If you argued back because the professor warned you about talking, cheating on tests or similar, you'd get kicked out of class and get a warning. Three warnings and you get suspended, or even permanently kicked out of school. Also, you really just can't, for example, tell your language professor they don't know their grammar, or tell your geography professor s/he's making things up/lying when they say that the Japanese call their country Nippon or similar. It's extremely disrespectful, and you just end up sounding like a complete idiot.
I remember one time when one of the students wore a shirt with ''F* you!'' printed on it to school, and he was asked to either leave the school or flip his shirt inside out and wear it like that the entire day. You must be really stupid to wear something like that to school anyway.

Same thing goes for any serious school that actually wants to turn students into decent, educated people. We are not cyborgs for not arguing back, we just simply know the manners.

However, if the professor insulted you in some way, you tell them about it after the lesson in a mature way, not with arguing or yelling. If the insult was on a national level, or sexist, then you have to send a letter to whoever is in charge for such in the government. Most of the time it's about butthurt students that came from the other country, thinking we're trying to take away their rights (in our case, Serbians).

At least that's how things work in Europe. I don't understand how can't other people see this.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#12 Posted: 01:21:37 12/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
So, what if you hear a teacher using racial/sexist slurs?

That's different. I'm talking about a teacher simply telling a student to do something and the student acting like an ass.

Quote: spyro and sonic
Not all teachers are stuck up pricks. Most won't mind disagreement at all. If the teacher did something wrong they deserve to be called out on it.

Once again, THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. Of course if the teacher does something wrong, they should be called out. But if they give a student a simple command in a professional manner, the student shouldn't disrespect the teacher. THAT is the point I'm trying to make here.

Too many teenagers these days have no respect for authority and think that they can do whatever without any consequences. If teachers tolerate it, then these students will grow up to be incompetent adults with nothing to offer themselves.

@HIR: No, I don't go to a military school. I go to a public high school with a bunch of ****sters and idiots, where this stuff happens everyday. Sometimes I WISH I went to a military school.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:27:59 12/03/2014 by Metallo
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#13 Posted: 01:34:50 12/03/2014
Generally I don't respond at all. But that's because in the classes where this stuff could happen I sit by myself and pull the "I dare you to come closer" face.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#14 Posted: 01:53:37 12/03/2014
Quote: Metallo
Don't ever argue with a teacher.

"But Metallo, what if the teacher makes a mistake in the classroom?"

Shut up, that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is trying to fight a teacher in a verbal battle over something, and disrespecting them in some way.

Example:

Room is full of noises. Teacher tells you to stop talking.

Most common response: Something along the lines of "MAN, I WASN'T TALKING" or "IT AIN'T JUST ME SO TELL EVERYBODY ELSE TO BE QUIET!"

Result: Teacher gets on you for talking back, and if you're stupid, this will lead to a whole argument. Guess who wins? Not you.

Correct response: "Okay" or "Yes sir/ma'am" and then shut up.

Result: Teacher does nothing.

Another Example:

Teacher sees student doing something against the rules. Teacher asks the student if he/she did whatever it was, just to see if they'll tell the truth.

Most common response: "No" or some variation of it.

Result: Teacher pulls the "Yes you did, I saw you, you lied to me" card. Teacher reports it, and the student gets in double trouble for breaking whatever rule they broke and for lying.

Correct response: "Yes sir/ma'am, I did it."

Result: Teacher appreciates your honesty, and may let you off with a warning.

I have seen students get punished severely (I'm talking suspension and expulsion) for yelling, cursing, and even physically threatening teachers, all of which could've been avoided had the student just not argued and done what they were told in the first place.

Seriously guys, it's not cool. You may think you look like a badass, but you really just look like an idiot.

One time my teacher was being an asshole and she said "Are you giving me attitude?" and I responded with a reference to Star Trek
"I am currently giving off multiple attitudes. To which are you referring?"
And that's the only time I've rebelled against a teacher the end
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me