Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Can anyone tell me why people think anime is better than cartoons?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Can anyone tell me why people think anime is better than cartoons? [CLOSED]
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#51 Posted: 16:05:23 11/03/2014
Quote: Pixilism
It's not getting out of hand though? You guys are just having trouble coming to terms that such great shows are not on your terrible level of "anime", when in fact they are cartoons.

Avatar: The Last Airbender and all of its anime kind need a 1 way ticket back to China where it came from!!

The fact that this topic actually has two pages, though...

And Anime is a Japanese art, actually.
Just saying.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#52 Posted: 16:15:39 11/03/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
Quote: AvatariDragon
Quote: Pixilism
It's not getting out of hand though? You guys are just having trouble coming to terms that such great shows are not on your terrible level of "anime", when in fact they are cartoons.

Avatar: The Last Airbender and all of its anime kind need a 1 way ticket back to China where it came from!!

The fact that this topic actually has two pages, though...

And Anime is a Japanese art, actually.
Just saying.

Nope. It's Chinese.

And that's racist, as you're stereotyping Asians.

Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it ._. *sobs in a corner*
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#53 Posted: 16:16:47 11/03/2014
Answer to topic title: People have opinions.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#54 Posted: 16:42:53 11/03/2014
Quote: weebbby
Answer to topic title: People have opinions.

This.
---
#hu
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#55 Posted: 16:59:34 11/03/2014

THIS TOPIC IS TOO FUNNY.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#56 Posted: 17:13:13 11/03/2014
PEOPLE WHO LIKE ANIME, YOUR OPINION IS WRONG smilie
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#57 Posted: 17:20:45 11/03/2014
[User Posted Image]
Spyro Anime .
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#58 Posted: 18:02:09 11/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wakapro77
Anime is for nerds too.

I mean, as a woman who wears leather jackets and cool shades, I think I can qualify as a "cool kid" and I have the ability to spot nerds.

And every nerd I see with my special cool kid eyes also like anime.

All anime lovers have a hug pillow.

Too true. I saw everyone at an anime convention carrying around body pillows of those annoying anime girls. Truly disgusting.

Quote: zzsdf
The cancer has won. The days spent arguing about Chinese cartoons waifus on the Internet are over.

We're falling into obscurity and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Today is a sad day

Quote:
You come to me saying I am a troll when you are namecalling?
[User Posted Image]
This is a troll. I am not some naked ugly abomination. While this one is somewhat stylish by sporting purple hair, I assure you I am nothing like these guys.

Oh, and not everything you read on the internet is true, young lady. Try coming back when you use real sources for attempting to prove the impossible (DBZ is still not anime just because you said so)

It's not name calling when it's the truth. And do you even know what an Internet troll is...?
I already gave you the definition, so I'm not putting it again.

And how is it fake? It's the official FUNimation website for the show. I already told you to Google it yourself. You just refuse to do it because you know you're wrong.
Also, judging by how you are acting, you are probably only like 12, so don't even bother calling me "young lady."

Anyway, this topic needs to be closed. It's been ridiculous from the start and it's getting out of hand...

How is it getting out of hand? I saw your posts on the next page. You are racist and the one calling names around here. You even said anime is art. Hahahaha! My art teacher even said it wasn't. She would know, she has a degree in art.

Quote: wspyro
It just is.

Of course YOU would say that, Mr. My Little Pony avatars. Get your stinky MLP anime out of here and nobody will be harmed.

MLP IS anime by the way as many people are unaware. The creator, Tara Strong, has an Asian grandmother, rendering her series anime.
#59 Posted: 19:10:50 11/03/2014
Quote: Big Green
Anime is for nerds too.

I mean, as a woman who wears leather jackets and cool shades, I think I can qualify as a "cool kid" and I have the ability to spot nerds.

Too true. I saw everyone at an anime convention carrying around body pillows of those annoying anime girls. Truly disgusting.

The cancer has won. The days spent arguing about Chinese cartoons waifus on the Internet are over.

Today is a sad day

Quote:
You come to me saying I am a troll when you are namecalling?
[User Posted Image]
This is a troll. I am not some naked ugly abomination. While this one is somewhat stylish by sporting purple hair, I assure you I am nothing like these guys.

Oh, and not everything you read on the internet is true, young lady. Try coming back when you use real sources for attempting to prove the impossible (DBZ is still not anime just because you said so)

It's not name calling when it's the truth. And do you even know what an Internet troll is...?

And how is it fake? It's the official FUNimation website for the show. I already told you to Google it yourself. You just refuse to do it because you know you're wrong.
Also, judging by how you are acting, you are probably only like 12, so don't even bother calling me "young lady."

Anyway, this topic needs to be closed. It's been ridiculous from the start and it's getting out of hand...

How is it getting out of hand? I saw your posts on the next page. You are racist and the one calling names around here. You even said anime is art. Hahahaha! My art teacher even said it wasn't. She would know, she has a degree in art.

It just is.

Of course YOU would say that, Mr. My Little Pony avatars. Get your stinky MLP anime out of here and nobody will be harmed.

MLP IS anime by the way as many people are unaware. The creator, Tara Strong, has an Asian grandmother, rendering her series anime.

Wait... why would you even go to an anime convention if you hate anime...?

How is it getting out of hand? Well, the fact that you are still throwing a hissy fit towards anyone who disagrees with you. And the fact that people (including me) are actually responding to you at all...

How am I being racist? I said that anime is a Japanese art, which it is since it originated from Japan. And I haven't called anybody names...
And anything that somebody makes from their imagination is art. Art is the expression of creativity, and anime as well as every other show (including your precious Cartoon Network cartoons) falls under that category, whether you agree with it or not.

Just close the topic already. Neither of us are going to agree with each other...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:19:49 11/03/2014 by AvatariDragon
#60 Posted: 19:23:30 11/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Anime is for nerds too.

Today is a sad day

It just is.

Wait... why would you even go to an anime convention if you hate anime...?

How is it getting out of hand? Well, the fact that you are still throwing a hissy fit towards anyone who disagrees with you. And the fact that people (including me) are actually responding to you at all...

How am I being racist? I said that anime is a Japanese art, which it is since it originated from Japan. And I haven't called anybody names...
And anything that somebody makes from their imagination is art. Art is the expression of creativity, and anime as well as every other show (including your precious Cartoon Network cartoons) falls under that category, whether you agree with it or not.

Just close the topic already. Neither of us are going to agree with each other...

You are being racist because you said anime is art, simple as that. Not that hard. You also said I am 12. I would like to have you know I am 12 AND A HALF thank you very much. Bullies like you keep ruining darkSpyro for rational people like me.
#61 Posted: 19:27:51 11/03/2014
Quote:
You are being racist because you said anime is art, simple as that. Not that hard. You also said I am 12. I would like to have you know I am 12 AND A HALF thank you very much. Bullies like you keep ruining darkSpyro for rational people like me.

Yeah, that's not being racist... Learn the definitions of words before you go spewing them out in a sentence.

I do hope this was all a big joke, because I really can't take you seriously now. So I'm done...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#62 Posted: 20:05:53 11/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote:

Yeah, that's not being racest... Learn the definitions of words before you go spewing them out in a sentence.

I do hope this was all a big joke, because I really can't take you seriously now. So I'm done...

It's spelled racist, maybe before calling out people who know what words mean you should make sure you spell them correctly yourself, anime loving weenie.
#63 Posted: 20:08:29 11/03/2014
Quote:

Yeah, that's not being racest... Learn the definitions of words before you go spewing them out in a sentence.

It's spelled racist, maybe before calling out people who know what words mean you should make sure you spell them correctly yourself, anime loving weenie.

Wow...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#64 Posted: 20:43:17 11/03/2014
Avatari, you're taking this too seriously.

It just is.

Why must you lie to yourself?
#65 Posted: 20:52:56 11/03/2014 | Topic Creator

Wow...

A one word reply. You sure you ain't 12? Didn't even deny being a weenie.

Quote: Spyrobaro
She posted the topic knowing that people would get angry. On top of that, she has been insulting those who responded to her. Out of everyone, she's the one being the troll, if there are going to be any trolls here. If she didn't want negative feedback, she shouldn't have posted anything at all.

Shut up nerd and leave Big Green alone. She's just trying to prove to you all how much anime sucks and you're here claiming that god damn GOOD Cartoon Network shows are anime! That's like, the WORST insult you can use against a show and its creators. I hope someone steals your lunch money, dork.

Thank you Spyrobaro. I can always count on you to help me in the war on anime.

It just is.

Why must you lie to yourself?

I am not lying to myself, I am truthing to everyone else.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#66 Posted: 21:14:05 11/03/2014

Thank you.
#67 Posted: 21:18:12 11/03/2014
YOU'RE WELCOME!
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#68 Posted: 21:27:35 11/03/2014
cartoons are better than cartoons
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#69 Posted: 21:31:38 11/03/2014
GUYS. JOKES.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#70 Posted: 21:51:41 11/03/2014
Quote: Wild
cartoons are better than cartoons

you speak the truth
#71 Posted: 22:01:47 11/03/2014
Quote: CommanderGame

Thank you.

My apologies.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#72 Posted: 22:35:13 11/03/2014
Um, has anyone thought of the possibility that this is that Big Green hacker?
---
#hu
#73 Posted: 00:19:33 12/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rickorio

oh no he found out AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[User Posted Image]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8508
#74 Posted: 00:52:40 12/03/2014
Quote: Rickorio

oh no he found out AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[User Posted Image]

Got out of here you fat lonely 4000 year old pervert.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#75 Posted: 01:11:20 12/03/2014
I'm sorry, Big Green, that you have to deal with so many ignorant trolls. They clearly just can't see the truth even when it's right in front of them.

Quote: crystalhero37
Quote: Ninpire
Is this serious?

Please tell me what in the everloving **** is a rice ball

[User Posted Image]
-----

Crownless King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1190
#76 Posted: 00:50:19 14/03/2014
Quote:
You did not even prove Dragon Ball Z is anime. Probably because that's impossible, seeing as it's a cartoon.

I saved you from not having to Google it yourself.

[User Posted Image]

Nice Photoshop edit there bud, but here's the actual result:

[User Posted Image]
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#77 Posted: 02:13:29 14/03/2014
It says anime on the official dragon balls z website. Look at it. http://www.dragonballz.com/
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#78 Posted: 09:46:11 14/03/2014
It pains to see how there are always people who fall for posts that are made for the sole purpose of provoking them.

It also pains to remember that trolling is against the forum rules, pure and simple. You're supposed to get banned for doing it, but it seemingly always goes unnoticed.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#79 Posted: 17:18:54 14/03/2014
Quote: Samius
It pains to see how there are always people who fall for posts that are made for the sole purpose of provoking them.

It also pains to remember that trolling is against the forum rules, pure and simple. You're supposed to get banned for doing it, but it seemingly always goes unnoticed.

More or less. Everyone feels the need to respond instead of just hitting the report button. It's probably quicker to just report the topic than actually type out a response.

With that in mind, Big Green, stop provoking people. Congrats, you proved a small handful of people are so devoted to their anime they can't realize when someone's making a trolling topic about it. But now it's over, and you should all move on to something else. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#80 Posted: 15:50:06 15/03/2014
Now that cartoons and Japanese cartoons have been so intelligently debated by both sides with valid points and sources.

Shall we discuss CGI/animated films and series?
---
No.
#81 Posted: 16:40:03 15/03/2014
Bolt is pretty great.
papa123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1372
#82 Posted: 16:50:48 15/03/2014
Because Naruto is a boss.
---
"And now this world shall now Pain!"
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#83 Posted: 17:38:26 15/03/2014
Quote: HIR
Quote: Samius

More or less. Everyone feels the need to respond instead of just hitting the report button. It's probably quicker to just report the topic than actually type out a response.

With that in mind, Big Green, stop provoking people. Congrats, you proved a small handful of people are so devoted to their anime they can't realize when someone's making a trolling topic about it. But now it's over, and you should all move on to something else. <.<

I agree, and that is also exactly what the forum rules advice users to do.

If there never got any responses, no troll ever would be succesful.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me