Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wishing well gave me 2 fisheries last week. [CLOSED]
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#1 Posted: 22:40:45 05/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Hi. New member here and unfortunately wasn't able to post this as it happened but was wondering if anyone has had "good" prizes come from the wishing well recently? I generally save them for the alter ego but last month I decided to do a little experiment to see if it was actually possible to get some of the other top prizes (like giant houses, etc). Toward the end of Feb. I would throw in stones here and there and it was almost always crap (markers, small amounts of gold and energy). It seemed that the alter ego was the only good thing that ever came out of the well. Then last week, I got not 1 but 2 fisheries within 30 or so stones of each other. It's back to crap again but if you have some stones to burn it might be worth experimenting.

Just one disclaimer. I probably threw several hundred stones in the well over the last few months when the luck meter was not running and it's just now I've seen something promising.

Has anyone else gotten anything unexpected at the well lately? I am level 29 if that matters.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 22:58:33 05/03/2014
I've gotten tons of fisheries from the well. It's not rare
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#3 Posted: 01:31:28 06/03/2014
I still remember winning my first fishery from the well. The game certainly was exciting back then. I got a fishery and a chompie gift shop and thought I'd won the lottery. Sigh.
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#4 Posted: 04:18:41 06/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the responses. I did get a snack stand early on but nothing decent for months so the fisheries gave me hope again.

So does that mean its actually possible to get giant houses and the other top prizes they advertise if I throw enough stones in?
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#5 Posted: 07:15:01 06/03/2014
Quote: P024008
So does that mean its actually possible to get giant houses and the other top prizes they advertise if I throw enough stones in?

Absolutely. In the past, the developers would run occasional weekends with previous alter egos and all their houses in the wishing well. These were really good times to go for broke and throw a great whack of stones in.
jmarquis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#6 Posted: 09:31:40 06/03/2014
I've actually never gotten a fishery from there.
---
Level 45 - 213 Skylanders - Screen Name: jmarquis1983
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#7 Posted: 13:10:18 06/03/2014
It is random, but even among the top prizes, some seem to come up more frequently than others.

I'm level 40 and have tossed in a lot of stones.

I've been maxed out on shrines for a while, but never won one when I still had the chance.
Never won a giants house.
Never won an adventure balloon.
Never won a radiant energy field.

I have won:
9 Bed & Breakfasts (and yes, the first one felt like I'd won the lottery!)
12 Fisheries
14 or 15 Cocoa Stands (I know one I have came from Fiznik, I can't remember if another was a reward or not)
12 Taverns
8 Blossom Trees

I didn't keep track of top gold prizes, but those are definitely more frequent than any of the other top prizes.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 02:34:50 07/03/2014
I'm sick of the fisheries. I'm debating on whether or not B&Bs are worth it. I have gotten a few of them from the well. I currently have one as my grand prize, so it's a guarantee after a couple hundred stones (of which I have over 3500). Now that I'm at max level and have finished all the quests for community buildings, I didn't really care. With an update being promised, I now wonder if I should jump on it. It wouldn't be a bad thing as I could replace some of my older mabu houses and possibly make things a little cleaner. But I'm afraid that when they do release an update, then they might also put something in the well and my well would be locked. Although they might reset everyone's wells, especially if someone went for the alter ego this month.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#9 Posted: 13:04:08 07/03/2014
I've been thinking the same thing about the well. In a different thread, someone posted that their unclaimed grand prize was replaced with something different after the last update. Currently, I have a Snow Globe as my grand prize, which I don't really want. I have one, and that is enough for something that looks a bit strange now that the island is back to green.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#10 Posted: 18:35:40 08/03/2014
Best prize I've ever gotten (besides every Alter Ego minus Boomer) was Surfer Slam Bam's house. (4 Taverns, 3 Fisheries, 2 Bakeries, 2 Cocoa Stands, 2 random houses)
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
beth18 Green Sparx Gems: 316
#11 Posted: 10:19:02 06/04/2014
I raerly get a top prize I mostly get magic energy or them elemental signs or coins or decoration which i can easly buy from the decoraton inventory ,plus an alter ego I got few buildings from ther like a tavern and the cake shop but no fishmongers or spechil houses like eyebrawls or the swap force hpuse
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me