Forum

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What's the difficulty level? [CLOSED]
Juniper Green Sparx Gems: 109
#1 Posted: 14:25:58 28/02/2014 | Topic Creator
I've heard people say this game was easy, way easier than the classics. From my experience it's the total opposite.

Spyro 2 and 3 were always relatively easy to me, even when I was 5 or 6. Nowadays I play them easy peasy.
Hero's Tail, I got close to release and still have yet to beat it. The farthest I've gotten is Ineptune and that was years ago. Either I can't beat areas, get enough of what I need, or I just plain forget what to do from not playing for a while.

It's not exactly I Wanna Be The Guy level of hard but it's not a total walk in the park of a platformer either.
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#2 Posted: 15:46:04 28/02/2014
For me, it's pretty easy.
It was a little more difficult at first, but once I got used to it...
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
YellowGemiinii Green Sparx Gems: 184
#3 Posted: 16:26:25 01/03/2014
I find it to be very difficult at times.

I got stuck in Cloudy Domain for like five years. I'm not kidding.

And the light gem turtle challenge remains unfinished in my games.

But sometimes it's really easy, too. Easily one of my favorites.
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#4 Posted: 20:06:48 01/03/2014
I thought it was relatively easy, I think. its been a while since I first got it.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#5 Posted: 01:36:35 02/03/2014
It's extremely easy at the beginning, but it's getting a little harder after a few levels/worlds if you don't know how to play well...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 10:09:07 02/03/2014
Pretty straight forward for me, I struggle at the cannon challeneges and Sgt.Byrd's speedways, but other than that, it's easy.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:09:40 02/03/2014 by SuperSpyroFan
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#7 Posted: 12:52:25 02/03/2014
I found it fun and easy, but I still haven't beaten the game after about 6 years of having it! smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#8 Posted: 19:39:07 02/03/2014
It actually is pretty easy, although I'd hesitate to say easier than the classics (since they're super simple to me now aside from the odd moment).

This from a person who was stuck for years because she couldn't get to Crocovile Swamp...
---
Eh.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#9 Posted: 18:26:46 03/03/2014
^ I used to find that part scary! smilie
k9max Green Sparx Gems: 264
#10 Posted: 12:31:15 08/03/2014
Quote: Burning Gnorc
It actually is pretty easy, although I'd hesitate to say easier than the classics (since they're super simple to me now aside from the odd moment).

This from a person who was stuck for years because she couldn't get to Crocovile Swamp...

I don't know how many times I died trying to get to crocodile swamp before I realised the platform moved. Find bink and sergeant byrd hard and challenges like the turtle and wallys ones that mainly what I got left and dark gem 39
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#11 Posted: 13:18:16 08/03/2014
I found it hard. I've never completed a sgt bird challenge and it took me ages to find stuff on certain levels.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#12 Posted: 14:07:18 08/03/2014
I remember there being one or two moments where I was confused and had no idea of what direction I was supposed to go in. I also remember their being things that just frustrated me, like the second run of a Byrd mission is just ridiculous when you finished the first run with only twenty seconds and you have to try to finish the second with twenty seconds- and there's no way to get more time unless you start a new save. I felt like parts of the game were also a bit too cheap, just like a few certain Classics minigames. I don't know if this was because of intentionally difficult level design, unintentionally difficult level design or because I was just playing the game badly because I haven't picked it up for a while- my memory of this game is pretty foggy, honestly.

I remember that I needed to use a guide to find one of the Dark Gems in Coastal Ruins because it was just impossible to me. The same for Cloudy Domains. One thing I thought this game suffered from was that some parts of the levels looked too similar, which lead me to just get confused and wander around levels for a long time because of it. It can also lead you to get a bit tired of the environments when you've been searching levels for a while.

Also, I remember absolutely hating the Sparx levels in this game because they were so difficult but I've never heard anyone else say the same. I haven't played one for years, though. I don't know if they were really difficult or I was playing them badly. I'd like to take a shot at them again but I tried picking this game up again a while ago and I got bored within a couple of hours, so I never even got to the second world again, honestly. (That time may be a little slow, but I was taking the scenic route. smilie)

The first game still has plenty of parts that provide a challenge IMO- nothing insane, but a few tricky parts- though GTG and YoTD felt a lot easier in comparison. I think the first game had the best difficulty balance- it felt like it took the most "skill" to play. I'd say AHT is more difficult than this game, but it's not, it's just that the difficulty feels less cheap and is better-balanced. AHT is more difficult bit not in a good way.

I'd say the other two are definitely easier.
The second, I don't know why, but it feels too easy- perhaps because it's so short compared to the other two- and I just don't feel like it has any truly challenging or tricky segments, besides Crystal Popcorn (damn lazer-precision AI!) and maybe Fracture Hills. But maybe that's just because I've messed around with that game more than the other Spyro games. I think it doesn't have any of the mind-flipping puzzles like a couple which were in the first game. Some puzzles in the first game were just ingenious and gave you a real "a-ha!" feeling and I don't feel like that's in the sequels. I can't pinpoint why.
I think YoTD takes the most time to beat of the three but it doesn't feel as difficult as the original, though it's more difficult than the second.

Sorry that this post isn't really that detailed, I'm writing this when it's 1:30 AM here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:30 08/03/2014 by Arc of Archives
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#13 Posted: 23:59:23 09/03/2014
Well… I think that Hero’s Tail is quite mediocre when it comes down to the debate about its respective level of difficulty. I mean that it can be frustrating at some points, that is a subject I must admit at some level. But it is not hard game either.

The frustrating bits for me are the Blink challenges. I just hate them. Very boring and there are some factors about controlling that damn mole that tunes me into “not giving a flying fudge” mode. I don’t know… in main gameplay the lack of checkpoints can drive player into cruel hands of frustration.

But when comparing AHT’s difficulty level to the ones of Insomniac trilogy, it all comes down to perspective. Neither of the games are hard but I think that AHT as a singular game is as hard as any of other singular games from the Trilogy. That’s everything I can come up with right now. I think that this game is as hard as the games in The Trilogy.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#14 Posted: 00:57:53 10/03/2014
Once I got used to the charge and flame buttons being reversed I was ok. But some of those early glides are ridiculous. The final battle with Red can be really hard if you aren't very experienced, and so can the other bosses (other than the fishy-lady). I didn't find Blink's challenges to be too hard tbh, other than the ice one, it took me many years to finally get it.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#15 Posted: 03:11:00 27/10/2014
I find it in the middle, mainly because of the Spyro cannon levels and the last Blink level.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#16 Posted: 01:16:52 04/11/2014
Idk, I'm only three levels in but so far it's been pretty easy. Or at least, doable. The canon challenges can be irritating and Blink's controls make his challenges REALLY annoying sometimes, and the reversed controls for Spyro (ugh), but the game itself seems pretty easy tbh.

Easier than Ripto's Rage or YotD in lots of aspects, at least.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#17 Posted: 05:38:46 20/05/2015
There are many frustrating parts in this game (the pole spin section in Dark Mine, some platforming in Gloomy Glacier, and some enemy designs in Molten Mount to name a few) and there are definitely some very difficult eggs/light gems to get in this game (especially that last shooting mini-game, which I have never done). Its not too hard to beat if you take advantage of the maps and objective lists, but it sure is difficult to beat 100%.
---
You gotta believe!
etherealspyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#18 Posted: 13:44:05 20/05/2015
I personally still havent "beat" the game. Light gems are difficult for me to collect because some challenges get harder and more tedious. But I do have to say this is easily one of my favorite Spyro games smilie
---
Furry trash tho
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#19 Posted: 20:50:43 20/05/2015
The hit detection on certain enemies can be a little "off" especially in the last few levels, the lava levels and towards the end.
But it is a decent game to play.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me