Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Wishin' Well, Grand Prize, Luck meter question
Page 1 of 1
Wishin' Well, Grand Prize, Luck meter question [CLOSED]
Thejazzdiva Red Sparx Gems: 37
#1 Posted: 19:24:57 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay, I need some coaching. Once I have one the grand prize and and the luck meter is not counting, is it a waste of stones to keep playing?

I have not been saving my stones and stocking up on the decorations so that I can increasing my bonus on my buildings. But I am wondering if that is good game play strategy. I am at level 28 already, with about 12 Skylanders at level 11. I also only need to purchase one more island.(AIR).

I have not been saving any of my gold, gems, kudos, or energy either, just spending as fast as I can to acquire more stuff.

I have been getting mostly gold, energy, and markers from the well. Any advice?
Pop Thorn Green Sparx Gems: 408
#2 Posted: 20:14:05 20/02/2014
You should still try. I got a tavern from my well after winning the grand prize.
---
I am probably forgotten by now, but bye.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#3 Posted: 20:42:44 20/02/2014
You won't get much more than fancy buildings such as the tavern or maybe a bed and breakfast based on past experience. Do you have all the ledgendary houses? If you have ledgendary characters those houses were a pretty good deal at 200 stones each (as long as they still cost stones).
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#4 Posted: 21:02:33 20/02/2014
If you don't have the monthly alter ego characters from last year, you should save up to 200 for next month's. If you're going to have excess, then by all means throw them into the well and see if you get anything good!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Thejazzdiva Red Sparx Gems: 37
#5 Posted: 13:22:46 21/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks, I will start saving up for the monthly characters! I don't yet have the legendary housing yet either....

Thanks for the feedback!
Pop Thorn Green Sparx Gems: 408
#6 Posted: 00:08:12 24/02/2014
Well, I suggest that you save up. I won 3 taverns in about 300 stones so... not very worth it. You could win an alt with 200.
---
I am probably forgotten by now, but bye.
Crushlander Green Sparx Gems: 165
#7 Posted: 09:17:54 03/07/2014
Does anyone notice if there is a difference how fast you spend the stones in the well?
Yesterday I got the July alter ego ( Sundae..) as fast as I could and only got a fishery and 2x 100.000 gold!

Previous months I did it from time to time getting the alter ego by mid month and the prizes were much better! I think. smilie
Moemoff Green Sparx Gems: 340
#8 Posted: 10:01:21 03/07/2014
At what level does the top money prize change from 60,000 gold to 100,000? I am level 33 and only see 60,000. I never get the char houses you see as top prizes but I get the odd tavern,cocoa stand, fishery and once the T. Rex statue.

It seems to me that once you get the alter ego you have lucked out for the rest of the month because all you get is gold,energy and cheap decorations that you sell for the gold value.

You get no credit for placing items from your inventory in your lands but always have to purchase items in order to complete the PLACE quests even though the inventory contains those items. That is a bit qwerky.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#9 Posted: 10:52:24 03/07/2014
I don't think how fast you spend stones directly matters, but it does seem that some days I'm 'luckier' overall. Some days way more invaders spawn than on other days - even though my space available remains the same. Some days its like I find a chest every time I clear invaders or trees, and other days I find nothing. And some days, when tossing in stones (I toss one in every time I'm about to close the game as a lazy way to trigger a cloud save), the top prizes are hit more frequently.

I've often wondered if each day - when they change over the element of the day and give the daily reward - they also generate some random number that represents how lucky you are for the day.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#10 Posted: 11:12:06 03/07/2014
I save my wish stones! At a minimum you want 200 for the next month's alt ego. IMO though you are best served by saving up so you have a nice stockpile on hand for specials when past alt-egos are in the well.

Also, look at your calendar at the start of the month before you start spinning for the newest alt-ego. If there is a likely "sales" holiday, wait! There's always a chance for past egos coming back in the well. Spin for the new one then, and you have a chance at old ones too. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

ps. Don't forget about Hall of Legends. 200 stones each and you will want one for most of your legendary toons, eventually.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#11 Posted: 02:33:35 04/07/2014
IMO save at least 200 for the next month's Alter Ego, then save for legendary houses, then save for weekends where there is good stuff in the well.
I have gotten a shrine or two and bed and breakfasts, but not much more that taverns and such the few times I tried after getting the alter ego. I think you get enough decorations each month to not throw in stones when a good prize isn't at stake.
In some months I get lots of good prizes and other months I barely get any top prizes while throwing for the alter egos. I've never noticed a relation the speed of throws or anything.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me