Page 1 of 1
How do you rank your elements? [CLOSED]
bloody Green Sparx Gems: 238
#1 Posted: 11:10:20 26/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Magic - By far my favorite element to play, not only is my 3 favorites to play magic (voodood, pop fizz, star strike), but also it the magic element to me seems more open for creative touch then other elements.

Undead - Like magic the undead element seems less boardered by sterotypes and the majority of characters i enoy playing.

Wind - Im not a super fan of wind, but Pop thorn dynamic character brings them up to a 3rd place. Great character!

Fire - Not really bad, but not much dynamics or creativeness. Very standards

Earth - Have some enjoyable characters but many of them are mainstream and overplayed.

Life - I like camo, but meh its OK.

Tech - Im repulsed by tech, just seems like so many characters are overpowered and boring where you just use one attack hour after hour.

Water - Only reason why water comes after tech is cause we only own 1 water-type.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:12:14 26/01/2014 by bloody
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 12:10:07 26/01/2014
1. Magic: Wrecking Ball
2. Life: Shroomboom
3. Fire: Hot Dog
4. Air: Pop Thorn
5. Tech: Spy Rise
6. Water: Freeze Blade
7. Earth: ???
8. Undead: ???
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:30:12 26/01/2014 by wreckingballbob
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#3 Posted: 12:11:16 26/01/2014
Life and Magic are probably my favorites, I agree that Magic is open to creativity and so you get really awesome characters like Pop Fizz that wouldn't fit into any other category.

Joint last would go to Undead and Earth, even though one of my favorites is Earth (Flashwing), I just think the others are a bit too same-y.
---
smilie Fear the Fish
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#4 Posted: 12:11:38 26/01/2014
Whoa Snap!
---
smilie Fear the Fish
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:12:35 26/01/2014 by Baron Sharpfin
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 14:23:07 26/01/2014
It's Tech >> Magic >> Water > Air > Life >> Fire > Earth >> Undead for me right now

Also Water used to be absolutely awesome, but wow, despite the nice SWAP Force it has, Rip Tide and Punk Shock are pretty lame. I'm disappointed because it felt nice and varied and it had some nice original playstyles, then they introduce Punk Shock who is basically an Expy of Zap, and there's Rip Tide who is an unnessicarily clunky and underwhelming meleeist. I still like Water a lot but it didn't get anything super cool in this game, just a couple of "neat" characters, I think.

I didn't like Life much before, but IMO it got relatively decent buffs/nerfs on most of the characters this game, so it's a bit more balanced in SF, so I like it more. Also, ZOO LOU. It's still nothing spectacular to me and could still be balanced a little better- I just think the old Life characters got the most justice in this game, and I felt like mentioning that.

I dislike Fire because it is Activison's pet Element... Damn Eruptor and Hot Dog. The gameplay feels solid, but just unspectacular- I feel like characters from other Elements can do a lot of the Fire Skylanders' jobs better. I'm a sucker for Flameslinger, Blast Zone and Fire Kraken though, so this Element gets a solid "mixed bag" instead of "undying rage" from me. smilie

I don't like Earth because the gameplay on the characters doesn't feel that great. And the designs don't feel that great. It's not terrible and I think it's okay at what it does but I don't think it really stand out. I'm not really a huge fan of any Earth Skylanders, but I don't really hate any either(besides Terrafin maybe).

Yeah I can't stand Undead for basically the same reasons I dislike Earth, the character I like from that Element most is probably Fright Rider who I don't even like that much. It has no standout character to me and has my least favourite of all, Grim Creeper. It's also horribly disappointing because they could do absolutely awesome things with this Element but I don't think they've ever really used its potential in the way they could. I like a couple of the more original ideas they had with a couple of the characters but I think none of them are really super awesome. Most importantly, it's just that the gameplay isn't that great on any of them, and that's really what kills this element for me. I don't like the gameplay of any Undead Skylander very much and I don't think it offers that much which I can't find in other Elements.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#6 Posted: 15:03:55 26/01/2014
Magic- By far my favorite element. Probably the most creative element since they can do so much with their characters. Spyro is my favorite for this element.

Earth- There's not one character in the Earth Element I hate, I love each and everyone of them. My favorite element after Magic. My favorite for this element is...errr......kinda hard to choose.......Terrafin, since he's a shark.

Life- Probably my least favorite, for some reason, I pay the least amount of attention to this element out of all of them. Camo is my favorite for the Life Skylanders.

Water- Third favorite element here. Another very diverse element from a Harpooning Fish Man to a mace welding Crab Person, this element has it all. Gill Grunt is my favorite.

Tech- Another I love everyone element. Tech has some of the best designs when to the Skylanders (Drobot) and they play very well too. Countdown is my favorite.

Undead- This element has a few flubs (Cynder) and some great ones (Grim Creeper) over a pretty good element. Ghost Roaster is my personal favorite of this element.

Fire- A fantastic elemental family since the beginning. Very good designs that complement the characters play style. Hot Dog is my favorite for this element.

Air- I wasn't a fan of this element for SSA other then Warnado and Sonic Boom (Who I loved), but Swarm and Jet-Vac came along and I instantly became a fan for the element. Jet-Vac is my favorite for this element
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#7 Posted: 15:49:54 26/01/2014
1.Tech-In my opinion this is the most unique element.Lots of you are probably saying that it isn't but what other element has a Golding or a troll which happens to be an enemy in the series.Bouncer and Boomer are by far my favorites.

2.Air-Not as unique as tech but I still love it.All the characters are amazing and strong.My favorites are Warnado and Swarm.

3.Magic-Is unique like the tech element.Has like four of my top ten skylanders which is the most out of all the elements.Spyro,Star Strike,Pop Fizz and Hoot Loop are my favorites.

4.Water-A very unappreciated element in my opinion.Out of all the elements water is probably the most important.Wham-Shell is my favorite.

5.Undead-I honestly don't have an opinion on this one.I just like it for then the others.Cynder,Roller Brawl and Ghost Roaster are my favorites.

6.Life-Is a meh element.I don't use it much unless I need to.Zook,Grilla Drilla and Stink Bomb are my favorites.

7.Earth-Like Life is a meh element but even though it is ranked low doesn't me I ate it it is just slow and most of the skylanders are bad or OP which I don't like.Scorp and Dino-Rang are really the only ones I really like and use often.

8.Fire-Probably one of the worst elements.I have nothing more to say.Smoulderdash is really the only one I use a lot others are Fire Kraken and Blast Zone.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#8 Posted: 21:24:41 02/02/2014
Hmm. Let's see.

Earth. Well, Prism Break. Gives the element a top rating from the start! Also some others I have that I like, like Slobber Tooth. Crusher's one of the two characters with which I primarily got introed into the game, though since then I haven't played Giant characters that much, they feel cumbersome and in many cases annoying to dodge ranged attacks with.

Life. Well, Stealth Elf is nice, and Stump Smash is pretty decent as well. Tree Rex works decently as a ranged Giant. Hate my Shroomboom.

Fire. Well, I like Blast Wave. Other than that not that many exciting figures. I only have 3 total as a result. Ignitor's something I've been considering, perhaps Smolderdash?

Undead. At least in SF Cynder is the nicest flying figure, because it turns basically instantly. I like her two abilities as well. Also, Roller Brawl is probably the most fun figure to play of all the ones I have, and looks great too. Hex is pretty nice as well. Overall a decent element to be sure!

Magic. Double Trouble is fun, especially with Wow Pow. Wrecking Ball is ok as well. It was the second of my primary intro figures, but now I only have a series 1 which lacks by comparison a bit. Pop Fizz is kinda fun too, and looking to pick up Star Strike. Not my favorite element, but has its ups.

Tech. Trigger Happy is neat, and I kinda like Sprocket even though she's not necessarily always all that effective. I like Drobot visually, but don't like the sounds and his flight mode is clunky. And so are the blades. Wind-up seems interesting, but not sure if I'll get around to getting him. Again in the end, not my favorite element.

Air. Despite my initial apprehension Whirlwind and Jet-Vac are nice, though Whirlwind's kinda annoying if you're trying to chase something.

Water. I like Wash Buckler, Chill and Gill Grunt. Wham-shell seems like a possibility. No others have really caught my attention so far.

So I suppose from the incoherent rambling we can determine that the top two are Earth and Undead. Third spot possibly Water.
SkylanderSteve Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#9 Posted: 04:20:55 03/02/2014
1. Undead
2. magic
3. tech
4. earth
5. fire
6. life
7. water
8. air
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#10 Posted: 04:14:05 04/02/2014
1) Life: I will say this I always pick nature as my element in any gamesmilie. I love them all except Stealth Elf. They are all unique and always powerful with loads of HP. I have yet to see anybody clobber both my Camo and TH Camo. FD Zook is also a good choice.

2) Tech: I love machines and this element is my go to element if I'm in trouble. Who knew a Drill robot and Wind Up toy could help me so much. Every time a game is released I always befriend 1 and get it at launch date. They have the most unique gameplays.

3) Magic: Beautiful element, Awesome Skylanders like Dune Bug, Double Trouble and Voodood and fun gameplay. Enough said.

4) Water: Water is my favorite drink and 3rd favorite element in games (next to Light and Nature). I love Zap and Wham Shell and sadly the new SSF Skylanders kinda suck except for Rip Tide.

5) Earth: Boring element with boring characters only good ones were Dino-Rang and a bit of Flashwing. However it introduced the best roaster of any element in SSF were I like everybody including my new favorite earth Slobber Tooth.

6) Undead: Nothing sticks out here except Grim and Rattle Shake besides I always change my new favorite Undead each game (Ghost Roaster<Chop Chop<Eye Brawl<Rattle Shake<Grim Creeper).

7) Air: The most overrated element and the characters are SOOOOOOOOOOO WEAK! Only Warnado, Scratch, Sonic Boom and Lightning Rod I like. Tornados are the weakest weapon in gaming history in my opinion.

8) Fire: Fire is my least favorite element in gaming history period. Hate the concept and in games they are so OP. The Skylanders make up for it though. These are Ignitor, Sunburn, Eruptor, Hot Dog, Fire Kraken, Blast Zone and Fryno that are faves of mine.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#11 Posted: 11:02:47 12/05/2014
Heres a list!

Magic-Its reallycreative, (green is not a creative color), and even though this is the element i dont have much of, it has a variety of attacks and the charcters are mostly all unique and fun!

Undead- They are just really cool to me.

Life- They have Camo, and i like Zoo lou too!

Water- Really fun too. They got smilie and smilie !

Fire-Ehh... at least they have smilie

Air- I have a lot of these guys though it isnt the best. They do have cool people though. smilie smilie smilie smilie

Earth- only smilie and smilie

Tech- They seem mostly the same and a bit boring and basic attacks smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:52:23 12/05/2014 by Badwolfmichael
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#12 Posted: 14:51:37 12/05/2014
I LOVES THEM ALL!
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#13 Posted: 17:11:52 12/05/2014
My turn!

Best: Air/Magic
Ok, I love Magic because of Spyro and Ninjini (in my opinion the best Core and Giant) and then I dislike it because of Voodood/Double trouble and Hootloop (Worst swapper!)
Air is just awesome! It has Whirlwind, Sonic boom, Warnado, Scratch, and Pop thorn! (I like Skylanders that aren't weird humanoid things, Ok!)

Second best: Undead! It has Cynder, Ok?

Meh: (In no particular order!)
Water - Ok I guess...
Life - it has Stump smash, Nuff said...
Fire: Its all right...

Then theres Earth, which I like some of the characters and then really hate others (Doom stone, do I need to say any more?)

Do not like: Tech
The only character I like from this element is Drobot. The others like Trigger Happy (smilie) and Boomer just annoy me like crazy!
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#14 Posted: 19:19:22 12/05/2014
Water
Air
Fire
Magic
Life
Undead
Earth
Tech - tech was tops until drobot got nerfed.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#15 Posted: 23:44:56 12/05/2014
This is really hard to choose yo... Why you do somethang so hard?

Anyway....
Number|Element|Favorite Skylander(s) of that Element
1. Air-Pop Thorn Whirlwind Warnado and Sonic Boom
2. Magic-Pop Fizz Wrecking Ball Hoot Loop and Spyro
3. Fire-Sunburn and Hot Dog
4. Life-Camo and Stump Smash
5. Tech-Trigger Happy and Drobot
6. Undead-Roller Brawl and Rattle Shake
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:06:04 13/05/2014 by DragonDog
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#16 Posted: 22:15:50 13/05/2014
I don't give much care to the element itself, my concern is the characters ability, so I'll just say my favorite of each one.

-----------------------
Earth: Bash
Fire: Hot Head
Tech: Spy Rise
Undead: Roller Brawl
Life: Stealth Elf/ Bumble Blast
Water: Gill Grunt/ Wash Buckler
Air: Free Ranger
Magic: Spyro
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me