Page 1 of 1
Quests you hate to do [CLOSED]
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#1 Posted: 19:53:13 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm currently going through and completing quests for all the Skylanders. Other than Totally Maxed Out which is best to take care of on Sundays with the double XP bonus, these are the quests I find most tedious:

True Gladiator (All) - Win 10 PvP matches
Quickest victory is using Ring Out and letting one player jump off for a quick defeat. But you still need to sit through the victory screen, then rematch screen, then loading each character, then loading the arena up to ten times each character. Not a fan of PvP mode so would never play this mode if it wasn't for the quest requirement.

Problem Solver (Tech) - Complete a total of 25 lockpicking puzzles with this Skylander
Reloading Woodburrow->Any level/mission/arena->Woodburrow to get to the quickest lock puzzle is horribly tedious when you have to do it up to 24 times. Make sure you play as two tech Skylanders in two player mode when you complete lock puzzles as they each get the credit.

Mega Melter (Fire) - Defeat a total of 25 Ice Golems
There are two Ice Golems after the checkpoint halfway into the Winter Keep level. Annoying because not only do you need to reload the checkpoint up to 12 times, you need to play half a level just to get there.

Defender of Life (Life) - Defeat a total of 25 Undead Spellpunks
There are two Undead Spellpunks in the Royal Gems bonus mission, but you have to play pretty far into the mission each time to get to them both, then restart up to 12 more times.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#2 Posted: 20:14:57 23/01/2014
Defender of Life (Life) is the worst IMO. I do the first 3 (2 in one Life elemental zone and 1 following shortly thereafter) in Fantasm Forest, then restart the level, but it still stinks sitting through the level intro. each time.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 21:47:35 23/01/2014
For about 60% of the quests, they are REASONABLE, but the quests you mention are PUNITIVE. I agree.

I think most of this has been covered in the Swap Force Quests thread...feel free to complain and moan like the rest of us there, to keep all of the tips in one place....LOTS OF GOOD INFO there.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=90980

Btw, Rampant Ruins has a lock puzzle 1 minute in...if you have to load back and forth and get a puzzle done that might help.

I would add Bombardier to the list. The bombs don't auto aim, and from what I've seen Fishy Fishing at the beginning is the only place you'll have a shot at actually doing this. For Blast Zone though it's easy since he already uses bombs.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 21:51:58 23/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
#4 Posted: 23:42:58 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Ghost. I actually don't find Bombardier to be too bad compared to the others I listed.

I use the first bombs you can get in Motleyville since there are plenty of enemies that are easy to hit. Maybe two visits to get the quest. The fight with Evilized Whiskers is pretty short on easy and I can get to the bombs in a few minutes.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 03:18:04 24/01/2014
Quote: Dahvoo
Thanks, Ghost. I actually don't find Bombardier to be too bad compared to the others I listed.

I use the first bombs you can get in Motleyville since there are plenty of enemies that are easy to hit. Maybe two visits to get the quest. The fight with Evilized Whiskers is pretty short on easy and I can get to the bombs in a few minutes.

Bombs? I saw lots of dynamite...not bombs...does dynamite count? You can only hit them if they are on the other side of the screen...these bombs don't aim at enemies...he's like Dan Marino throwing a Hail Mary pass in the end zone.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#6 Posted: 13:13:54 24/01/2014
I actually do Problem Solver like this:

Unlock Chest in Woodburrow
Time Trial through Cascade Glade (the level has a whopping THREE mandatory locks! One is very shortly after the beginning of the level)
Repeat both until Quest is done.

I'm not sure how good a technique this actually is, but it works for me.

To answer the Question: ALL OF THEM. *twitch*

Here are my own personal awards for the ABSOLUTE WORST QUESTS...

Back From The Brink, a strangely overlooked Quest. I always do this one on Jungle Rumble, but I just hate doing it. If you screw up and lose too much health you have to start all over again. And... It's just not fun or anything. This Quest... I'm kinda speechless about it, really. It... Err... Eh. In a word? Annoying, really...

Puzzle Power, this is a Quest which can only be done in a single area in the entire game, and you need to wear the enemy down before doing this one- just like Back From The Brink, it's very easy to overdo it and accidentally kill the enemy. Puzzle Beams only do five damage now, so you're forced to wear down the enemy before you get them with the beam. Just dumb, just repetitive to do it with each Skylander, the only good thing is that you only need to kill one enemy... But it's just so pointlessly convoluted to do this Quest and it's so annoying how it's only in one spot, god, who decided this was a good idea? This was already one of the worst Quests in Giants. It doesn't help that there are so many Magic figures that you get to do this with...

Problem Solver I agree on. Going through everything not only to keep finding locks but also repeatedly unlocking them is just painfully repetitive. That's it, this is just the most repetitive Quest ever, simple as that.

Savior of The Land: Okay, Out-Teched is fine because that's just a boss level and just takes a few minutes. This Quest forces you to go through a FULL CHAPTER! And not only that but it's the worst chapter in the game in my opinion, with lots of padding out in the shooting games and digging spots, and also with tons and tons of unskippable cutscenes. Hate the level, hate the Quest, hate doing them, the whole thing just makes me go screw this. Problem Solver may be the most repetitive but in my opinion this is the worst of all the Quests. Period.

I haven't found any particularly frustrating personal Quests, but I think that's just because you don't need to do them as often as universal/Elemental Quests.

On a more positive note, Elementalist is easily my favourite because it's just so easy! The Elemental Areas are so large in SF that you can usually get them done in a single run, and you get lots of experience from killing enemies doing it. Also, Fruit Frontiersman... It's so simple to do this in a few runs of Chompy Challenge, doing that mission also contributes to Flawless Challenger and Badguy Basher as well as giving you lots of Gold. smilie
Skylooter and Geronimo are extremely friendly too, you can easily finish both with just the Woodburrow Pool.

By the way, you can do Defender of Life in the Royal Gems Bonus Mission as well.. It's still repetitive as heck but it's a lot better than doing it in Fantasm Forest and listening to all the unskippable dialogue over and over.
#7 Posted: 16:03:18 24/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Bombs? I saw lots of dynamite...not bombs...does dynamite count? You can only hit them if they are on the other side of the screen...these bombs don't aim at enemies...he's like Dan Marino throwing a Hail Mary pass in the end zone.

The dynamite works for the quest too, try it! The dynamite kind of auto-aims depending on the direction you're facing and where the enemies are. Stay away from the wall that needs to be opened with dynamite since it tends to auto-aim there if you're too close to it (or blow it up first, then go back inside the hut and get more dynamite), but if you're near the Chompies or other enemies face them and the bomb will head towards them most of the time when you throw it.

There are more enemies up the hill that you can get to easily with fast characters like Smolderdash or Fire Kraken (with a rocket or speed bottom), but characters like Eruptor probably won't make it quickly enough before the dynamite detonates.
---
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#8 Posted: 19:29:06 24/01/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

The dynamite works for the quest too, try it! The dynamite kind of auto-aims depending on the direction you're facing and where the enemies are. Stay away from the wall that needs to be opened with dynamite since it tends to auto-aim there if you're too close to it (or blow it up first, then go back inside the hut and get more dynamite), but if you're near the Chompies or other enemies face them and the bomb will head towards them most of the time when you throw it.

There are more enemies up the hill that you can get to easily with fast characters like Smolderdash or Fire Kraken (with a rocket or speed bottom), but characters like Eruptor probably won't make it quickly enough before the dynamite detonates.

If I remember right, the crab boss guy at the end of Motleyville throws dynamite at you that your meant to throw back his way. There are enemy's that spawn around you during the fight, I wonder, does that work? I think I'll try that out today.
---
smilie Fear the Fish
#9 Posted: 19:40:09 24/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Baron Sharpfin
If I remember right, the crab boss guy at the end of Motleyville throws dynamite at you that your meant to throw back his way. There are enemy's that spawn around you during the fight, I wonder, does that work? I think I'll try that out today.

That would probably work, but if you're going to be playing through all of Motleyville anyway you might as well try the first hut you get to with unlimited dynamite and attack the enemies outside the hut. Don't kill any enemies on your way in of course.

It's just after the first Evilized Whiskers fight and soon after you press the switch to create a bridge. Playing through this part two or three times is much quicker than playing through the whole level.
---
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#10 Posted: 20:27:15 24/01/2014
The dynamite at the crab boss guy does work. I did most of my fire element characters by playing through the level once, and then at the end just "bombing" enemies with the dynamite trying not to hit the boss.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#11 Posted: 04:15:09 25/01/2014
I'm currently going through and completing quests for all the Skylanders. Other than Totally Maxed Out which is best to take care of on Sundays with the double XP bonus, these are the quests I find most tedious:

True Gladiator (All) - Win 10 PvP matches
Quickest victory is using Ring Out and letting one player jump off for a quick defeat. But you still need to sit through the victory screen, then rematch screen, then loading each character, then loading the arena up to ten times each character. Not a fan of PvP mode so would never play this mode if it wasn't for the quest requirement.

Problem Solver (Tech) - Complete a total of 25 lockpicking puzzles with this Skylander
Reloading Woodburrow->Any level/mission/arena->Woodburrow to get to the quickest lock puzzle is horribly tedious when you have to do it up to 24 times. Make sure you play as two tech Skylanders in two player mode when you complete lock puzzles as they each get the credit.

Mega Melter (Fire) - Defeat a total of 25 Ice Golems
There are two Ice Golems after the checkpoint halfway into the Winter Keep level. Annoying because not only do you need to reload the checkpoint up to 12 times, you need to play half a level just to get there.

Defender of Life (Life) - Defeat a total of 25 Undead Spellpunks
There are two Undead Spellpunks in the Royal Gems bonus mission, but you have to play pretty far into the mission each time to get to them both, then restart up to 12 more times.

Other quests that I hate as much as these four are as followed:

Back from the Brink (Undead) - Defeat a boss while at critically low health
I hate to nearly kill my favorite Undead Skylanders just to achieve this quest.

Savior of the Land (Earth) - Free the Terrasquid in the Twisty Tunnels without switching Skylanders
I can only use one of my favorite Earth Skylanders at a time in each play in order to get this. For instance, I had to play only as Flashwing while beating Twisty Tunnels. It's another waste of any good Portal Master's time.

Bombardier (Fire) - Defeat a total of 30 enemies with bombs.
Killing enemies with nothing but bombs drive me insane. I had to go back into an empty room just to pick up the bombs or bundles of dynamite and throw them at enemies without relying on their attacks.

Those are some of the quests I despise along with the ones you listed.
arenne Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#12 Posted: 05:09:16 01/03/2014
I did the same thing as you for the Bombardier quest. Because you can take out 3+ Chompies at a time with the dynamite (avoiding aiming at the boss), the quest is relatively fast--and I kept switching in all of my fire Skylanders (from all series), and earned all of them a badge in one sitting. It is repetitive, but I was happy when finished!
---
Mmmm, BBQ!!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me