Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Need advice [CLOSED]
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#1 Posted: 03:39:38 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok. I need help from the smooth people on DS .

I'm in 8th grade and theres a girl I like. I don't have any classes with her, but I see her in the halls. I've never talked to her before since she is new. How and when should I try and speak to her?
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#2 Posted: 03:45:28 23/01/2014
ask her if she has a bad credit score
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#3 Posted: 03:46:16 23/01/2014
Eh, try next time you see her?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#4 Posted: 03:48:40 23/01/2014
Tap her ass.
#5 Posted: 03:52:22 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
Tap her ass.

One step at a time
---
Salsa is best monkey
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#6 Posted: 04:00:21 23/01/2014
More information required. Is there anything you know about her? Music, TV, movies or books she likes?

A good way to start is to ask a question – and make it a question that doesn’t have a yes/no answer. For example, if you see she is reading Hunger Games, ask her if she likes the movies or the book better. Then ask her why.
There are lots of questions that would work just as well… Did you like that last series/book/move better or this one? What music are you listening to at the moment? Etc
That gets her talking, it takes some of the pressure off of you and you show that you care what she thinks. If you want to share your opinion afterwards, do so – but keep it short and don’t try to argue with her or imply that her opinion is wrong.
And then (unless you’ve accidentally started a good, in-depth, natural conversation) say something like, “My name is Bob, by the way. I’ll catch you around later.” And leave it at that.

Once you’ve broken the ice, make sure you try to talk to her fairly regularly (Hey, how’s that book going? What did you think?), until you hit upon a topic she can’t stop talking about or until she’s comfortable enough with you that you can ask her to come watch whatever tv/movie/etc she likes with you.

Good luck.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
#7 Posted: 04:02:03 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tel Prydain
More information required. Is there anything you know about her? Music, TV, movies or books she likes?

A good way to start is to ask a question – and make it a question that doesn’t have a yes/no answer. For example, if you see she is reading Hunger Games, ask her if she likes the movies or the book better. Then ask her why.
There are lots of questions that would work just as well… Did you like that last series/book/move better or this one? What music are you listening to at the moment? Etc
That gets her talking, it takes some of the pressure off of you and you show that you care what she thinks. If you want to share your opinion afterwards, do so – but keep it short and don’t try to argue with her or imply that her opinion is wrong.
And then (unless you’ve accidentally started a good, in-depth, natural conversation) say something like, “My name is Bob, by the way. I’ll catch you around later.” And leave it at that.

Once you’ve broken the ice, make sure you try to talk to her fairly regularly (Hey, how’s that book going? What did you think?), until you hit upon a topic she can’t stop talking about or until she’s comfortable enough with you that you can ask her to come watch whatever tv/movie/etc she likes with you.

Good luck.

Jeez. You're a really cool guy.
Thanks for the advice!
---
Salsa is best monkey
#8 Posted: 04:03:59 23/01/2014
Serious
You have to be hot and be an athlete.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#9 Posted: 04:10:26 23/01/2014
to quote a person I know
well did you sex her yet
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
wakapro77 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#10 Posted: 04:13:44 23/01/2014
Tap her ass.

Serious

Quote: hardcoreignitor
to quote a person I know
well did you sex her yet

The more you say these things, the more indecent you become! Just remember that! c:

And my suggestion zap is to just be you and not an image. As a girl who's dated, I absolutely dislike it when I go with a dude and find out they were pretending just to get me. You need to be yourself.
---
hence, the yiffening shall come

I submit my art on my tumblr. PM me for the link.
#11 Posted: 04:14:55 23/01/2014
Quote: wakapro77
Tap her ass.

Serious

to quote a person I know
well did you sex her yet

The more you say these things, the more indecent you become! Just remember that! c:

And my suggestion zap is to just be you and not an image. As a girl who's dated, I absolutely dislike it when I go with a dude and find out they were pretending just to get me. You need to be yourself.

I was quoting zap18 himself.
---
nyeheheheheh

#12 Posted: 04:21:05 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Tap her ass.

Serious

to quote a person I know
well did you sex her yet

I was quoting zap18 himself.

My signs point to no
---
Salsa is best monkey
#13 Posted: 04:33:46 23/01/2014
Wanna bet?
Quote: zap18
well did you sex her yet

Here's a link to the topic.

forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/post...2"e=4859646
---
nyeheheheheh

#14 Posted: 04:47:30 23/01/2014
Tap her ass.

Serious

to quote a person I know
well did you sex her yet

Yeah I know I was joking. But really why would anybody want to have a 2 day relationship?
#15 Posted: 05:12:09 23/01/2014

Yes, but no.

Don't pretend to be someone you're not, but absolutely try something out if your partner is into it. For example, if you hate Hunger Games, but you know she loves it, do say, "Hey, I'm not normally into this, but I know you like it, so you want to go see that movie with me?".
Learning to appreciate each others hobbies is a big part of making a relationship last. Just make sure there is a balance, and not just doing what one person likes all the time.
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#16 Posted: 05:15:46 23/01/2014
^ Who are you and when the heck did you get here.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#17 Posted: 06:46:14 23/01/2014
Sorry... cannot help...my boyfriend litterly was put in front of me on this sitesmilie

Just dont be afraid to start a talk.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#18 Posted: 07:41:29 23/01/2014
Just talk to her! She'll bound to want someone to talk to her. But whatever you do, do NOT do what my friend did and ask her out within days of knowing her. Believe me, it scares the crap out of us new kids.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#19 Posted: 13:36:30 23/01/2014
Well xal did you sex her yet
---
My life is complete.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12122
#20 Posted: 14:23:51 23/01/2014
You're in eighth grade, you're too young.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#21 Posted: 14:30:58 23/01/2014
you sex her

Quote: Spyro Fanatic

This.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#22 Posted: 15:00:45 23/01/2014

8th grade
13-14 year olds. Old enough to understand the concept of dating, but not old enough to understand sex.

if anything 4th grade is too young. But not too young to have a crush on someone.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#23 Posted: 20:33:02 23/01/2014

Not sure I agree – obviously anything started at that age will be shallow and have an expiry date, but that’s not too young to start learning how to build healthy, fulfilling relationships with the opposite sex. Learning to talk, listen, empathise and compromise at that stage will mean less issues and awkwardness down the road.
I probably wouldn’t advocate a lot in the way of physical intimacy for that age group, but to assume that a romantic relationship has to involve a lot of physical intimacy probably says more about you than anything else.
Handholding, kissing, holding hands and so forth – that’s all good and healthy assuming that both parties remain kind and understanding with one another (even when they hit the inevitable ‘break up’).

It’s also worth remembering that it’s our society that infantilizes teens – Sure, most teens in western society aren’t mentally or emotionally prepared for a lot of physical intimacy at that age, but in other countries you could be married with children. It’s not wise to make snap judgements about what’s okay for other people.
That said, I’d agree that this age group in the US should probably avoid excessive physical intimacy, for a whole lot of reasons.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:37:35 23/01/2014 by Tel Prydain
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#24 Posted: 20:46:11 23/01/2014

Not sure I agree – obviously anything started at that age will be shallow and have an expiry date, but that’s not too young to start learning how to build healthy, fulfilling relationships with the opposite sex. Learning to talk, listen, empathise and compromise at that stage will mean less issues and awkwardness down the road.
I probably wouldn’t advocate a lot in the way of physical intimacy for that age group, but to assume that a romantic relationship has to involve a lot of physical intimacy probably says more about you than anything else.
Handholding, kissing, holding hands and so forth – that’s all good and healthy assuming that both parties remain kind and understanding with one another (even when they hit the inevitable ‘break up’).

It’s also worth remembering that it’s our society that infantilizes teens – Sure, most teens in western society aren’t mentally or emotionally prepared for a lot of physical intimacy at that age, but in other countries you could be married with children. It’s not wise to make snap judgements about what’s okay for other people.
That said, I’d agree that this age group in the US should probably avoid excessive physical intimacy, for a whole lot of reasons.

I throw condoms at the middle schoolers who hold hands and/or kiss
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#25 Posted: 21:11:56 23/01/2014
I’m…. not sure that’s helpful. Don’t get me wrong, there is a segment of that population (far smaller than TV or the nightly news would have you believe) that might need that protection, and I support the availability of contraception for those people, however making a forgone assumption that an innocent relationship necessarily should progress to that stage of physicality is unhelpful.
Truth is, the people who do reach that level of physicality at a young age normally have other, even more harmful, life issues going on.
Also, there is an off-chance that you could be arrested for “Assault with a deadly condom”.
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#26 Posted: 21:13:19 23/01/2014
I’m…. not sure that’s helpful. Don’t get me wrong, there is a segment of that population (far smaller than TV or the nightly news would have you believe) that might need that protection, and I support the availability of contraception for those people, however making a forgone assumption that an innocent relationship necessarily should progress to that stage of physicality is unhelpful.
Truth is, the people who do reach that level of physicality at a young age normally have other, even more harmful, life issues going on.
Also, there is an off-chance that you could be arrested for “Assault with a deadly condom”.

.______. Your joking right? Because I sure as hell was.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#27 Posted: 22:24:51 23/01/2014
Quote: DragonCamo

Your joking right? Because I sure as hell was .

Well, “assault with a deadly condom” was an obvious joke (as was "I’m not sure that’s helpful). Perhaps I’m not as funny as I think I am.
Give me a moment- I'll try harder.

The rest of it… well… I figured that you were joking; however the availability of contraception to under-age students is something of a hot-button topic in a lot of areas, and I think it’s worth commenting on.
Not to mention, given the predominance of tap that ‘jokes’ around here, it probably bore repeating that rampant tapping isn’t necessarily the goal.

Quote: Spyrobaro
oh btw if she says no give me her number

Why? So you can validate her inherent mistrust of strangers?

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:30:42 23/01/2014 by Tel Prydain
#28 Posted: 23:04:42 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: DummyZ
you sex her

This.

Don't worry, thats just a running joke with me. This is just a girl who I liked who I wanted to talk to for the first time.

And, I think that you guys are taking this a bit to far.
I dont want sex, I dont want a serious relationship

Also, I just talked to her today at lunch. She seemed happy. It was nice!
---
Salsa is best monkey
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:45 23/01/2014 by zap18
#29 Posted: 23:46:29 23/01/2014
I didn't think you were looking for marriage or anything - I just like to argue on the internet. I just like the way debating opens you up to new ideas.

But back on topic - Great work! Breaking the ice is the hardest part, so good on you for actually doing it. And since she's new I'd bet she's happy that you went out of your way to talk to her.
Here's hoping you find things you like in common so you can spend more time with her.
smilie
---
#30 Posted: 00:41:20 24/01/2014
Quote: parisruelz12

8th grade
13-14 year olds. Old enough to understand the concept of dating, but not old enough to understand sex.

if anything 4th grade is too young. But not too young to have a crush on someone.

Well I did have sex ed. *shot*
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#31 Posted: 00:45:15 24/01/2014

8th grade

Well I did have sex ed. *shot*

Because public education is something you can actually rely on.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#32 Posted: 01:05:32 24/01/2014

Because public education is something you can actually rely on.

[User Posted Image]
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#33 Posted: 08:55:51 24/01/2014
Offer her a toblerone! She has to like you then!
#34 Posted: 14:34:58 24/01/2014
Quote: TorchSheep

Oh bby ;)
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#35 Posted: 14:41:13 24/01/2014
Quote: TorchSheep

Oh bby smilie

oh someperson-ku ;]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#36 Posted: 02:16:44 25/01/2014
Just be yourself.

If she's interested, good. If she's not, you don't want her anyway.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#37 Posted: 04:10:24 25/01/2014
Question. How do you like her if you've never talked to her? I mean you don't even know her so how can you develop feelings? Unless you stalked her and she turns out to be your type.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:10:48 25/01/2014 by Ninpire
#38 Posted: 04:33:00 25/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ninpire
Question. How do you like her if you've never talked to her? I mean you don't even know her so how can you develop feelings? Unless you stalked her and she turns out to be your type.

Well how did Peeta like Katniss? I've seen her around, and I thought she was beautiful.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#39 Posted: 04:44:17 25/01/2014
Quote: zap18
Quote: Ninpire

Well how did Peeta like Katniss? I've seen her around, and I thought she was beautiful.

Peeta stalked her.....

Anyway I see where you're coming from but if you actually like someone they should probably appeal to more than your eyes.

Also, if you don't really have many chances to talk to her, you could always be honest to her and hope for the best. :/

And to all of you saying that he's too young, eighth graders are perfectly capable of developing relationships.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:46:26 25/01/2014 by Ninpire
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#40 Posted: 06:04:42 25/01/2014
boop her nose
all dem gurls liek dat
;)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:05:03 25/01/2014 by cowpowa23
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me