Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
February's Alt Ego? [CLOSED]
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#1 Posted: 08:22:32 20/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Does anyone who TT know if Cupid Flameslinger will be available in February this year? Or what February's Alt Ego is? I got an offer for Cupid Flameslinger's house today and want to pick it up if he's going to come back next month.
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#2 Posted: 12:49:31 20/01/2014
Yes it is cupid flames linger
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 16:34:57 20/01/2014
We can't say for sure, yet. Right now, if you jump ahead to February, Cupid Flameslinger will appear (if you don't have him already), but that doesn't mean that will be the alter ego for February. At one time, you could jump back to previous months to get the alter ego of that month. They seemed to have fixed that, but I'm thinking this may be something similar. It's possible that they can release an update between now and then (or even the day of) that changes the alter ego. Even when we had weekly updates the alter ego wouldn't be programmed in until the Monday/Tuesday before so it's too early to know for sure. But I will warn you, now. If you jump ahead to Feb. 1 to get Cupid Flameslinger and they do offer a new alter ego (or possibly some other new grand prize if they stop making new alter egos), then your well will not reset on Feb. 1 for the new item. That's the new rules of the game (despite people saying it's a glitch, it's definitely looking like it was intentional). I would think that they would have to come up with something, even if it isn't a new alter ego. As once you get all the alter egos, the well would become practically pointless. For those of us who collect 1000-2000 wish stones a month, we need something to do with them. We already have excess from it taking only a little over 200 max to get the grand prize, they would mean nothing if they didn't have a new prize every month.
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#4 Posted: 13:41:51 30/01/2014
Any new info on this?
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#5 Posted: 13:58:45 30/01/2014
Unless there is an update, there will not be a new alt.

We learn everything about the future of this game in the next ~24 hours.
---
Activate name: Charred
#6 Posted: 15:54:08 30/01/2014
Quote: Charred
Unless there is an update, there will not be a new alt.

We learn everything about the future of this game in the next ~24 hours.

I'm hoping there will be an update tomorrow, but since most updates are on Monday/Tuesday and after the debacle of their last update being on a Friday (especially before they were on vacation) and them not being in to fix it, I wouldn't doubt if they wait until Monday/Tuesday. If they want to implement something new in the well for February, it will have to be no later than Friday, but I wouldn't give up hope if they don't release an update by then. But we can hope.
#7 Posted: 16:50:12 30/01/2014
Don't forget about the international time zones.

Feb-01 for them is tomorrow for us. Any update would really need to take place today or very early tomorrow morning (US time).
---
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#8 Posted: 17:12:19 30/01/2014
Man, I'm not feeling good about this...
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#9 Posted: 18:04:53 30/01/2014
Quote: Charred
Don't forget about the international time zones.

Feb-01 for them is tomorrow for us. Any update would really need to take place today or very early tomorrow morning (US time).

Not to really knock the devs, but since when have they ever seemed concerned about international time zones? smilie
eddiej27 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1028
#10 Posted: 06:33:47 31/01/2014
I really hope its not cupid smilie because I want it to be new & fresh
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#11 Posted: 12:00:37 31/01/2014
I need a kiwi to update us.

Dory has 368 gems should she buy Snowler Brawl's place at full price in case it disappears in an hour.
---
banksia123
#12 Posted: 12:54:01 31/01/2014
Quote: Excelsior
I need a kiwi to update us.

Dory has 368 gems should she buy Snowler Brawl's place at full price in case it disappears in an hour.

No one has any answers. The update will go to everyone at the same time. International players won't get the update any sooner than those of us in the states. Snowler Brawl's hut will probably disappear when there is an update. I was surprised it was still there, but I guess it wasn't programmed to disappear when January came around. Was it ever offered as a personal offer? I was thinking it might have been, but I got it when it came out in order to get the timed quest, so I don't remember. If so, you can try jumping back and forth between days to see if it will pop up for you, but that all depends on how you feel about time travel and if you think it's worth it because you never know how many times it will take for it to come up. It will probably come back at special times just like the other houses, so if there's something else you feel you should spend your gems on or save up for, then you may be able to get it, again. But who knows when that will be. There may be better investments for gems (i..e some of the companions), but if you have those already, then a house is a good one to get.
#13 Posted: 13:24:06 31/01/2014
It is still winter and I got one of those air shrines I do not need in my well.
---
banksia123
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#14 Posted: 13:35:08 31/01/2014
I think I'll be done with the game if there isn't an update. I bet most of the other level 40's will too.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#15 Posted: 13:41:00 31/01/2014
All the old houses are coming back in the daily offers and they are 25% off.

You could always take the gamble and hope it shows up as a daily offer.
---
#16 Posted: 13:46:09 31/01/2014
It is still winter and I got one of those air shrines I do not need in my well.

Winter has nothing to do with Snowler Brawl's hut. She was the alter ego for December. They usually only have the alter ego hut available for the month the alter ego is available. Once the alter ego is gone, so is the hut.
#17 Posted: 13:46:30 31/01/2014
I am on level 40 myself and have just the legendaries levelling up in their halls, a few houses and companions I do not need to get.

I will stick around because of other family members though.

They have changed the well. They had to allow the newer players to get the past alter egos.

You still get a useful prize in the well
---
banksia123
#18 Posted: 13:55:53 31/01/2014
The hut is still there.

Dory got CFS with 178 wish stones.

I got my air shrine with 82.
---
banksia123
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#19 Posted: 14:20:46 31/01/2014
Air Shrine in the well? I'm guessing you are in a time zone where it is now Feb 1?

Sounds like when others were talking about time traveling ahead.

Stupid question - since there has not yet been an update, how would the program know if you are "legitimately" in the next month, as opposed to TT? Could going to the wishing well before the update (assuming there is one) break the well, as it did for time travelers?
#20 Posted: 14:26:55 31/01/2014
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
Air Shrine in the well? I'm guessing you are in a time zone where it is now Feb 1?

Sounds like when others were talking about time traveling ahead.

Stupid question - since there has not yet been an update, how would the program know if you are "legitimately" in the next month, as opposed to TT? Could going to the wishing well before the update (assuming there is one) break the well, as it did for time travelers?

I would think so. Which means that they will have to fix the well if they intend to add new prizes every month. Even though, I'm sure, it was a intended programming, I don't think they thought it through about when they would release another update or the fact that international players would hit 2/1 before the US.
#21 Posted: 15:35:48 31/01/2014
I'd just be patient for a day and not risk TT. It's really frustrating that Advisor Orville hasn't come on to let people know one way or the other, or even to say we're not sure and we're evaluating what level of support, if any, to continue giving the game... If they are abandoning the game, that's really unfortunate given the recent release of both Swap Force and the Lost Islands on Android. I would have thought those things would have brought an influx of new players (and their cash) into the game and kept it going for quite some time.
---
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#22 Posted: 16:24:24 31/01/2014
Well it's just past midnight, so it's Feb 1 for me. My wishing well is showing the grand prize as a fishery. I already have Cupid flame singer, so not to sure if it's the alter ego for the month.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#23 Posted: 16:54:04 31/01/2014
Sounds like they just haven't updated the well contents yet. I hope that means they have something bigger planned and will roll it out next week. In any case, they had better make sure that they reset everyone's well when they do, because a lot of people will be upset if they miss out because they got the 'grand' prize before it was actually in the well.

I find it hard to believe that they would stop supporting the game so abruptly and so soon after introducing it to Android users. Seems like there's just too much money to be made still to drop it like that. I'm expecting an update through iTunes/Google Play that will have something major in it.
#24 Posted: 17:09:56 31/01/2014
Quote: midas73
I'd just be patient for a day and not risk TT. It's really frustrating that Advisor Orville hasn't come on to let people know one way or the other, or even to say we're not sure and we're evaluating what level of support, if any, to continue giving the game... If they are abandoning the game, that's really unfortunate given the recent release of both Swap Force and the Lost Islands on Android. I would have thought those things would have brought an influx of new players (and their cash) into the game and kept it going for quite some time.

That's what's gotten me a bit. I don't believe they've stopped supporting the game. Someone even said that all though Activision support wouldn't give any details, to expect a big update soon. That's what I believe is going on. But having no word from Advisor_Orville when he used to communicate all the time is what's been concerning. They don't have to come on here, since this is really just a fan forum, but it was good support from them. Now that they have created that, for it to go away for a while makes it hard on us to figure out what's really going on and causes us to freak out a bit.
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#25 Posted: 19:37:14 31/01/2014
Ok, I just checked on another account that doesn't have Cupid flame singer -- and has never time traveled. The Grand Prize is........ Cupid Flamesinger.
#26 Posted: 19:58:39 31/01/2014
I just checked Advisor Orville's profile here and he hasn't checked the site since January 9. Ugh.
---
#27 Posted: 20:15:16 31/01/2014
OK which do you prefer?

A fully tested update that works or a buggy one that trashes your game because it was pushed out too soon?
---
banksia123
#28 Posted: 20:17:43 31/01/2014
Just playing devil's advocate. I have no idea what is going on.
---
banksia123
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#29 Posted: 20:28:59 31/01/2014
I don't think anyone wants a buggy update that trashes people's games.

What I personally want - and what I believe the majority of the people on the forum want - is a simple message from Advisor Orville/Activision/someone-in-the-know saying "We are continuing to support this game. We are expecting to release an update sometime within the next X days/weeks/months."
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#30 Posted: 20:56:39 31/01/2014
OK which do you prefer?

A fully tested update that works or a buggy one that trashes your game because it was pushed out too soon?

When have we ever received a fully tested update? Every update for the last four months has managed to screw something up.
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#31 Posted: 21:53:23 31/01/2014
Quote: Woz
OK which do you prefer?

When have we ever received a fully tested update? Every update for the last four months has managed to screw something up.

That's exactly his point. Would you prefer another buggy update, or wait patiently for a more robust one? They probably realized that they need to devote more time testing, thus a slower release cycle.

It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Quick release cycles = users upset over bugs; slow release cycles = users upset at lack of updates.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
#32 Posted: 22:24:57 31/01/2014
I want to know if its time to move on or not. There is no reason to keep playing this game once you basically have everything unless they keep adding more stuff. If they are working out bugs, just tell us. I can be patient for an update so long as I know one is forthcoming.
---
Amapole Green Sparx Gems: 468
#33 Posted: 23:46:25 31/01/2014
Now is 1-Feb here in Spain, my whising well shows me a B&B as the great prize. smilie smilie
We are waiting for the update since near a month, they are saying anything to us, I think the devs have left the game..... Too long .... Too quiet....
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#34 Posted: 00:04:33 01/02/2014
As was mentioned this forum is not the right place to complain about support or lack of information from Activision. Acti/VV do not have to answer questions asked here - this is just one of many fan sites about Skylanders (at least part of this site and forums).

But Acti/VV is not answering questions even on their own support forum http://community.activision.co...rs/lost_islands Recently (mid Janary) there was posted a direct question - when element of the day will be fixed? Answer came on the other day from Acti customer support - we don't know but when we will know we post the update. Then topic was closed without any update. Nice job. As we know now the element of the day was finally fixed ~ week ago.

Why do you expect them to post anything here if they do not bother to do it on their own support/community forum? smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:15 01/02/2014 by Rom713
Melski Blue Sparx Gems: 883
#35 Posted: 00:12:23 01/02/2014
The Grand prize in the well is Hoppity Pop Fizz here in Sweden. It is the one remaining Skylander for me so not sure if the game was smart enough to determine this but it gives me shot at getting him. 100 Stones so far for a fishery and 3 x 100K. Hopefully more luck tomorrow.
#36 Posted: 00:17:53 01/02/2014
Could you please report what appears in the well after you win what appears in Feb?
---
#37 Posted: 00:53:44 01/02/2014
Quote: Donatron
OK which do you prefer?

They probably realized that they need to devote more time testing, thus a slower release cycle.

Really?! They suddenly realized they need to devote more time for testing when they've never given a damn about testing before? They've corrupted dozens of players games in the past and now they're concerned about it? I could explain to you exactly what MY point was, but I think I'd be wasting my time. I'm sure Excelsior got it.
dcapelan Blue Sparx Gems: 746
#38 Posted: 02:58:54 01/02/2014
I'm guessing that several recent events have resulted in some dev team leadership changes. The Molekin Market being a guaranteed gem producer, the release bug that allowed multiple instance of the same, the relatively quick "leveling" bonus being a guaranteed gem producer, the EoD break and slow response to fix, etc. That combined with the ongoing history of them very slowly to not at all addressing save corruptions has put a stink on this game, and the new means of gem generation have likely put a big damper on revenue. To my knowledge they've done nothing in the way of goodwill gestures as some other similar games have done when their users have had widespread issues as the result of coding or system issues.

I'm hoping the "big change" rumored in this thread is one for consistent quality. Regular, well tested releases; new character quests with kingdom and character level gain; special event quests; more frequent bumps in level caps; <fill in your wishlist items here>. Any of these would be a boon to the user community, but I'm guessing they're also brainstorming ways to bring back the real-world value of gems, hopefully without the gouging of unreasonably priced companions and niche quest houses.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:00:33 01/02/2014 by dcapelan
Logurdice Blue Sparx Gems: 925
#39 Posted: 06:27:45 01/02/2014
I'm thinking that the "big news" is not an update to Lost Islands. My guess is that maybe they are working on something new. Lost Islands probably isn't getting many new players and after a few months of playing Lost Islands you have pretty much "done everything." (That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it.)
---
There's nothing clever to say here. Move along now...
imkarebear26 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#40 Posted: 06:43:45 01/02/2014
I had all the past special characters except grill master chop chop and lucky boomer, my February grand prize was gm chop chop. Kind of annoyed. Also this site hasn't had and update in over a month. What gives? My username is karebear26 if u wanna add me on lost islands
Logurdice Blue Sparx Gems: 925
#41 Posted: 07:00:10 01/02/2014
I already have Cupid Flame Slinger, but I'm missing quite a few of the alter egos because I had to start over in October. But my grand prize isn't a missing alter ego. It's the Chompy Gift Shop. I'm cursed not to get back my missing alter egos.
---
There's nothing clever to say here. Move along now...
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#42 Posted: 07:04:36 01/02/2014

They probably realized that they need to devote more time testing, thus a slower release cycle.

Really?! They suddenly realized they need to devote more time for testing when they've never given a damn about testing before? They've corrupted dozens of players games in the past and now they're concerned about it? I could explain to you exactly what MY point was, but I think I'd be wasting my time. I'm sure Excelsior got it.

Believe it or not, development timelines typically are not decided by the developers, but by executives. More often than not, executives have no idea what goes on during a development cycle, nor do they care. This leads to 80+ hour work weeks, and delivery of code that developers aren't 100% confident with. Then when the product has issues, the developers are the ones who are blamed.

Your "point" is not valid. "It hasn't happened in the past, so there's no way it could happen now -- or ever!" Ridiculous logic. If you've ever worked in the corporate world, you'd know about something called red tape. Because of it, things regarding policy often take a long time to change.

Now it's possible that the developers finally convinced the hard headed executives to slow down the development cycle. Or perhaps there was a shift in leadership roles, and the new person in charge knows better. Who the hell knows? But we do know a couple things. One, you *****ing up a storm isn't helping anything; and two, neither is you lashing out at me. So please point your misdirected anger elsewhere.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
Perhexed Green Sparx Gems: 197
#43 Posted: 11:32:56 01/02/2014
My grand prize for February is Gill Runt. So what's the thinking? Should we hold off to see if there is an update or should we go ahead and spin for the new grand prize as we normally do at the first of the month?
Tn_ladyvol Green Sparx Gems: 368
#44 Posted: 11:53:27 01/02/2014
My alter ego grand prize is..........a tavern. I think lost islands is lost and we, the loyal players are the losers.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#45 Posted: 12:06:23 01/02/2014
I got a swap force house.
#46 Posted: 12:26:48 01/02/2014

Your "point" is not valid. "It hasn't happened in the past, so there's no way it could happen now -- or ever!" Ridiculous logic. If you've ever worked in the corporate world, you'd know about something called red tape. Because of it, things regarding policy often take a long time to change.

Now it's possible that the developers finally convinced the hard headed executives to slow down the development cycle.

It's also possible that pigs CAN fly, but they just haven't felt like doing so yet.

So your take on the lack of updates is that they are furiously testing new content even as we speak? And you're basing this conclusion on ZERO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER. And yet when I point out that they haven't tested their updates for four months, my point isn't valid? I'm using ridiculous logic?!

No problem. We'll all just continue waiting for Donatron's absolutely bug free update and new content. I think we're almost at six weeks... and counting.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#47 Posted: 12:31:07 01/02/2014
My grand prize was Autumn Stump Smash. I missed him last time he was the grand prize so I didn't mind the opportunity to try to win him again. I just need Lucky Boomer now.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Dionysius Green Sparx Gems: 471
#48 Posted: 12:43:27 01/02/2014
My grand prize offer is Fiznik. I like it cause I don't have any of the big companions. The only weird thing is that he is also being offered to me for 50% off today...lol
---
I'd rather be eaten by a dragon - Famous last words
Unhappy Gamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1451
#49 Posted: 14:02:44 01/02/2014
my grand prize is a b&b
---
If you have my other acct on your friends list feel free to remove. smilie
Corrupted acct name: CantPlay GameCrashed smilie
New acct name: Unhappy Gamer smilie
mcquist5 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1010
#50 Posted: 14:31:28 01/02/2014
My grand prize is a Cadette House, I already have 6 of them...oh well, maybe I will get a Tavern along the way
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me