Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Outlast- A dark, survival, sci-fi Role Play (open)
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Outlast- A dark, survival, sci-fi Role Play (open) [CLOSED]
HerrMythology Blue Sparx Gems: 831
#1 Posted: 13:50:41 08/01/2014 | Topic Creator
The ship was supposed to be flawless. The Hermes was made for interstellar travel and a near infinite supply of power. So when a sudden malfunction caused it to crash land on the planet Götterdämmerung, it was a surprise for everyone. The planet was named "Götterdämmerung" because of it's harsh steaming jungles, dangerous fog covered swaps, and deadly life forms. The few cities that are on the planet are massive dark dystopian metropolises run by crime lords and corrupt officials. The ship crashed deep in a Jungle and the inmates and crew members scattered into the dark. You can choose to ally yourself with other people or try to survive alone.

Remember, being an inmate or crew-mate doesn't make you evil or good. You can easily be a framed for a crime you didn't commit or a crew-mate with evil intentions. Get creative with your characters. Remember that this is far into the future, so cybernetic parts and robots are okay. Just don't try to use that to Mary Sue. Also, remember that this is a survival Role Play, not an action Role Play. Don't try to beat down every character and show off how much better of a fighter you are, you might run out of ammo and you won't survive very long. You can create your own class or race, but you must follow the class and race creation rules.

• Roles
  • Medic- A doctor or nurse, maybe a flied medic.
    Skills: Has high medical skill, a moderate amount of survival skills, and poor combat skills.
    special skill: Surgeon- Gives character extensive knowledge of diseases and poisons, giving them the ability to cure poisons and disease. It also allows them to perform surgery with 0% chance of failure (as long as their medical supplies are efficient.)
    equipment: Large medical supplies, surgeon tools, first-aid kits, microscopes, blood packs, extra bandages. moderate food rations, some heating supplies, sleeping bags. They can begin with a small knife and a pistol with a few clips/energy cells.

Explorer- Exploration team member or survivalist.
    Skills: Has a moderate level of medical skill, High survival skills, and moderate combat skills.
    special skill: Outlast- Having great knowledge in survival techniques the character can create snares and traps as well as create shelters out of objects (as long as their is a sufficient amount of objects around.) They also can create forts if in a single place in a long amount of time.
    equipment: A First-aid kit and extra bandages. Large amounts of food rations, a decent amount of heating supplies, tents, sleeping bags, ropes, climbing tools, wood chopping axe. They can begin with a machete and a hunting rifle with several clips/energy cells.

Soldier- Mercenaries, guards, or retired military.
    Skills: poor medical skill, Moderate amount of survival skills, and High combat skills.
    special skill: Combatant- has moderate training in martial arts. Increased accuracy.
    equipment: A First-aid kit. Moderate food, some heating supplies, sleeping bags. They can carry one melee weapon, one small fire arm, one assault/ laser weapon, and one explosive/ specialized weapon.

Electronics- electronics are devices like mics, communication devices, GPSes, radios, etc. that you found on the ship before you escaped. Each role can carry two, unless they have a special skill stating otherwise.

• Creating your own role
  • When creating your own role keep these four things in mind.
    1. Make sure your role matches up with your history. If your a college graduate who spent all his life training for medical skills, wouldn't know martial arts.
    2. Each created role can have one special skill. Try not to make it ridiculous though.
    3. Each role's skills must either have one low, one moderate, and one high or Moderate on all three.

• Races
  • you can create your own race, but here are some pre-set races.
    Grey: Tall around 7 feet tall, long-headed, Your typical "Man from Mars" alien. long arms and three fingered hands.
    Loc-Loc: The generic "Little green men." four fingered hands. Average 4 feet.
    Gorruk: four armed alien with golden colored skin. Average 5 feet on average.
    Zerri: hunched over crocodile faced aliens with tentacle hair. green skin, scales, and a tail. Average 6 feet tall.
    Allar: purple humanoid aliens, just slightly shorter than average humans. Average 5'10.
    Humans: self-explanatory. About 6 feet on average.

• Character Sheet
  • Name:
    Age in human years (20 minimum):
    Race:
    Role:
    Skills:
    Special skill:
    Equipment:
    Electronics:
    appearance:
    personality:
    History:

• Rules
  • 1. No God-modding.
    2. No killing Player Characters without the consent of the characters owner. You can try to kill any character, but without the consent of Player Characters owner, it will always be unsuccessful.
    3. Write clearly and don't use emoticons unless it's out of context (OOC.)
    4. Their is no limit to the size of a post, but try to be detailed.
    5. You can use characters from media (Comics, Anime, TV, Movies), But be realistic and tell me what they are from. Although, original characters are preferred.
    6. This will not be suited for kids.
    7. You can put as mature content as you wish, just put up OCC: MATURE CONTENT WARNING.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:20:46 09/01/2014 by HerrMythology
    SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
    #2 Posted: 07:18:56 19/01/2014
    Quote: SpyroD
    Name: TAD (Tactical Assault Drone)
    Weapon: Energized Saber and Tesla Coil(An electricity gun)
    Armor: [User Posted Image] similar to this only with a larger sword and this: [User Posted Image](this is the pack a punched Wunderwaffe from Zombies(WAW) but it is the best Tesla coil, better version is the one from Dark Void(that Tesla coil is da bomb, I use it like crazy cause it is so powerful(and deadly)
    Story: An AI that was transferred to a prototype droid made to handle large amounts of energy. The AI goes by Zexu, but prefers to be called TAD because of how it(no specification of gender) uses the robot. He was stationed in Sky One for some assistance in evacuation until it went on lock down due to the Deamond infestation. Now it uses the prototype to fight the monsters with the built in deamond sight(like the goggles you said were required).

I very much would enjoy using this guy... Uh. Robo again. Had fun making him look so bad azz. If it missed anything from where I retrieved the info from, let me know what you need.
    ---
    "How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
    MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
    #3 Posted: 15:03:59 19/01/2014
    Character Sheet
    Name: Anhangsel
    Age in human years (20 minimum): 41
    Race: Maulwurf-Schlange
    Role: Explorer
    Skills: Anhangsel is adapted to darkness, and is able to see well in dark caves. He's also barely effected by most terrain.
    Special skill: Anhangsel has no real special skills compared to other members of his race.
    Equipment: He carries a first aid kit, food rations, a wood chopping axe, and a machete. He burrows into the ground when sleeping, so he has no use for a tent, and cannot properly hold and shoot a rifle.
    Electronics: Only a communication device.
    appearance: The Maulwurf-Schlange are an odd race of ground-dwelling creatures who look like giant sand-colored scaly worms with their heads and backs lightly covered in brown fur. Their head looks like a mix between a peccary and some type of rodent. They have no arms anywhere on their body, and use the tip of their tails as their only arm. Their body is quite strong, though, and their heads are quite hard, which allow them to push their way through soft dirt and submerge in about a minute. A normal Maulwurf-Schlange is roughly 9 ft 4 standing up. Anhangsel is not much different from normal Maulwurf-Schlange.
    personality: Anhangsel isn't sure what to make of anything, nor can he understand much of anything either, so he stays neutral to most. He isn't evil spirited, however, and isn't likely to hurt or betray anyone for any real reason. The Maulwurf-Schlange, while they are sentient, have no knowledge of anything outside their own species, but are able to learn quite quick. They have weapons and packaged items at their home planet, so Anhangsel can make deductions from that. Maulwurf-Schlange are able to talk, but must learn other languages. Being on the ship for as long as he has, Anhangsel has a limited knowledge of human language, but snorts a lot when he talks.
    History: Anhangsel grew up working to help carve out Granit-Ansicht, which were to be Anhangsel's home. The Maulwurf-Schlange were colonizers, and wanted to cover a large map of their underground world. Maulwurf-Schlange had nothing to keep them going except for small animals which made up their diet. Granit-Ansicht was to be a special colony built inside near the mouth of the cave, a place closer to the surface than most colonies. ...Not exactly a good thing.
    One day, Anhangsel wandered off out into the surface world, and came across an alien species which proceeded to abduct Anhangsel, most likely for studies. From there on, Anhangsel spent a lot of time inside a cage, where numerous tests would be taken on him. Eventually, it was decided that Anhangsel was considered non-dangerous, but was put through a final test, where it would be mingled with a crowd of other species, mostly humans. And this situation just happened to be aboard the Hermes.
    Anhangsel thinks about his home planet often, but never shows any true plans of returning. A Maulwurf-Schlange does not have the best memory, and is not as intelligent as most races. They're kind of an odd bunch.
    Gender: Probably male. It's hard to tell with creatures like the Maulwurf-Schlange.
    Weapons: Just his body and the tools he carries with when Hermes crashes into Götterdämmerung.

OOC: A lot of what I mentioned is German, just like Götterdämmerung which means "Twilight of the Gods." For example, "Maulwurf-Schlange" roughly translates to "Mole-Snake." Anhangsel means "Appendage," which is ironic considering Maulwurf-Schlange don't have any unless you count their tail. And Granit-Ansicht translates to "Granite View."
    #4 Posted: 00:36:12 24/01/2014
    OOC: I hope the poster still comes here. smilie
    #5 Posted: 18:14:09 24/01/2014 | Topic Creator
    OCC: I'm sorry, I thought no one wanted to role play. I Accept Anhangsel. I need to know TAD's Skills. Also, Pinkie Pie is awesome.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #6 Posted: 20:56:08 24/01/2014
    OOC: If you want, I could help advertise this RP.
    #7 Posted: 15:33:45 26/01/2014
    Ok, kinda figured it might need something. Ok:

Role: Electronics and Soldier
    Skills: being tactical assault, and an AI: quick analysis of subjects, inventive, practically fearless, and robotically strong
    Special skill: Cybernetics control(any computer controlled system)
    ---
    "How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
    #8 Posted: 22:43:46 29/01/2014 | Topic Creator
    OCC: That would be appreciated MugoUrth, I stopped role-playing due to the merciless community though. I was doing this role-play on role-play gateway, but my profile glitched on their and it made me really mad so I stopped going to that website all together. It would be nice to see some friendly folk once and awhile. Alright SpyroD, I'll accept. Just try not to push the whole "a Robot is infallible" concept.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
    #9 Posted: 21:28:56 30/01/2014
    Name: Jarry Leonidossia Cornfield
    Age in human years (20 minimum): 1
    Race: Joshua
    Role: Soldier
    Skills: Swimming, Attacking
    Special skill: Knows Magic
    Equipment: Walky-Talky, Lasers
    Electronics: R.U.C.P.G. (Robotic Unknown Cool Power Gun)
    appearance: Black, Small Legs, 100 ft. Tall
    personality: Tough
    History: He gone through a hard life. He been cussed at a lot and he learned to fight when he was 8 months old.
    Weapons: Gun, Knife, Wand
    ---
    Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
    #10 Posted: 23:54:26 30/01/2014
    OOC: I know, I'm use to him being more human like, just with small boosts
    ---
    #11 Posted: 07:10:25 31/01/2014 | Topic Creator
    OCC: That sounds fine SpyroD. Pokemon2, there is no magic in this Role Play sorry. Also, Your character doesn't observe any of the rules, nor does it fit the implied concept of a character. He cannot be 100 ft. tall, 1 year old, and cannot carry a wand. I also need you to define the race "Joshua" for me. If you fix your character, I'd be more than happy to accept it.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    sustainablspyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
    #12 Posted: 05:28:20 01/02/2014
    Name: Matricia Golding
    Age in human years: 20
    Race: human
    Role: Explorer
    Skills: Senses.
    Special skill: Can identify intentions by feeling faces.
    Equipment: Trackers, communication.
    Electronics: RDWUP (Robot Dog With Unusual Powers)
    appearance: Blond hair, pale skin,
    personality: adventurous, brave, flirtatious
    History: A farm girl who hated her boring life and left on the Hermes to see the universe.
    Weapons: Rapid-fire lasers
    ---
    Bye everyone. After the hack thing, I'm leaving.
    #13 Posted: 07:10:49 01/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    OCC: How can your character Identify intentions by feeling faces? Also, what fires rapid-fire lasers? The Hermes is a Prison ship, people don't go on it to explore unless they are a crew member in charge of Exploration. Also, what kind of "powers" are we talking about with your robot dog?
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #14 Posted: 07:28:53 01/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    Name: Wurr locke
    Age in human years: 33
    Race: Human
    Role: Engineer
    Skills: moderate medical skills, moderate survival skills, and moderate combat skills.
    Special skill: Mechanics- This character can carry 4 Electronics. They can also take certain pieces of technology and put them together to create new things (They must have efficient energy for the new item to work. Also must make a slight amount of sense.)
    Equipment: First-Aid kit and extra bandages. Moderate amount of food, some heating supplies, sleeping bags.
    Electronics: Radio, communication headset, stun baton, and arm navigator.
    Appearance: 6 feet tall, short black hair. left leg and arm replaced with cybernetic limbs. In a black prison jump-suit.
    Personality: talkative, calm, happy-go-lucky but realistic about important matters.
    History: Locke was born into a family of poor mechanics. He worked on all sorts of vehicles: Automobiles, hovercrafts, transportation rigs, even space ships. One day an Allar ship called the "Helios" docked in for repairs. Once the crew left and he was aboard, he hijacked the ship and tried to fly off with it. In the end he didn't even make it off planet. He was incarcerated and put on the "Hermes." Now that the ship crashed it's time for him to make his move.
    Weapons: A combat knife and a stun gun. A retrofitted shock glove welded onto his robotic arm (at the cost of the stun baton, arm navigator, and radio.)
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #15 Posted: 03:15:00 07/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    OCC: bump.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #16 Posted: 23:32:23 10/02/2014
    OOC: Do you want to start the RP?
    #17 Posted: 02:31:12 11/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    OCC: Soon. The only reason I've waited this long is because my friend wanted to join, but he hasn't. If he doesn't join tomorrow, We will go ahead and start it.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #18 Posted: 23:42:18 12/02/2014
    OOC: alright, can't wait... Ish... I can... But it'll be fun.
    ---
    #19 Posted: 07:34:06 13/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    OCC: Screw it, let's begin!

Locke was just relacing, sprawled out over his bunk. Hearing the sirens go off, Locke started to look aroung, “Hey! This wouldn’t be a major ship malfunction would it? That would be kind of bad for ‘the perfect vessel.’” One Allar guard walked up to Locke and reassured him, “We have this under control Mister…” he looks down at Locke’s identification tag, “Locke. We are currently addressing the problem.” Locke smirks, “Alright Mister…” he looks down at the guards name tag mockingly, “Yu’Riak.” The guard sighs and walks away. The shaking of the ship definitely didn’t make Locke feel safe. “Yeah I’m sure that’s not a good sign!” Locke hangs onto the cell bars and braves for impact. When the ship hits the ground Locke’s cell door blows open. Locke rushes in and grabs as many supplies and electronics as he can handle and looks for an exit. He sees that one of the prison cells was missing the back wall and he looks out and sees lush forest. He dives out of the moving ship just before it hit the ground, sliding far away from him. As he falls he smacks into a tree, falls down, and passes out.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #20 Posted: 18:48:54 13/02/2014
    Anhangsel was accompanied by a human companion at the time: A young girl who seemed very kind to him. Anhangsel seemed a bit sad at the time. The human had a feeling he was thinking of his own planet Granit-Ansicht. "You've been thinking about home a lot?" she asked the giant worm. Anhangsel looked out a window to see the stars. "I remember not much from Granit-Ansicht. *Snort* I remember dark and dirt. Now *snort* bright lights, metal. I don't like lights and metal." Anhangsel's English was limited. "Maybe someday you will return," the girl reassured. This put an ugly smile on Anhangsel's face. ...Yes, ugly. What do you excpect from a Maulwurf-Schlange? Prince Charming?

Eventually, the sirens went off. The ship started to shake. And the ship started going down. "Oh no... We have to find an..." The girl started talking, but while she was, a large door used for entrance onto the ship busted open and the girl flied out. Anhangsel saw the girl and charged out the door to grab her with his mouth. He tried to pull himself in by fastening his tail to a nearby bar for holding onto, but eventually being out in space, Anhangsel's lungs started to weaken, loosening the grip he had on the girl. And ultimately, Anhangsel let go. His only friend on the ship started to float away into space.

Anhangsel quickly pulled himself in right before an emergency door shut to keep remaining oxygen in. Anhangsel took as much breath as he could while crashing to the ground of a distant planet. Anhangsel still holding onto the bar, but was still inside the ship as it crashed.

Anhangsel survived the crash, fortunately, but the death of his human friend weight on his mind. Anhangsel tried to remember what to do, in that if there was ever a crash, he would need a survival kit. He found an old wood axe, a first aid kit, some food, and a big knife, and put it all in a metal case and carried it out of the ship, taking his first look at the planet he landed on.
    #21 Posted: 00:28:57 14/02/2014
    TAD had been patrolling the cells when the sirens sounded, and information flooded into Zexu's database. Engine malfunction. Major gas leak and fire in maintenance halls. Power failures on floors z-6. Hull breaches raising in numbers. Loosing altitude/ TAD was then forced out the side of the ship by a hole blowing open, taking the cell occupant with the debris. TAD was separated from the inmate before it could attempt a rescue.

Further down the ship's side was another breach, where a strange creature held a little girl the best it could, only to loose grip. Possible safe return narrowing to 46%... Human survival overrides return operations. Acquire lost human before suffocation. ! ! ! TAD rolled the body around and fired the rear thrusts. The suit opened up to catch the girl and sealed shut and provided oxygen to the cockpit. Once sealed and warmed, TAD thrust itself back toward the falling ship. TAD pulled out the sword and powered the energy edge to pierce the hull of the ship, then turning the power off to cling to the side of the ship. upon planetary contact, fire forward thrusts and brace legs for landing.

OOC: hope you don't mind letting meh be a hero?
    ---
    #22 Posted: 01:00:42 14/02/2014
    OOC: I'm afraid I do kind of, as it was meant as a little plot development for Anhangsel. It's nice that you thought of me, but I'd prefer to leave her dead.
    #23 Posted: 01:41:09 14/02/2014
    OOC: well he could not know she is dead. Plus if I were to edit it, it would have to wait till I'm on my laptop again. I can't work long posts with just my phone.
    ---
    #24 Posted: 01:55:53 14/02/2014
    OOC: I suppose that could work that he could retrieve her body hoping to save her in time but end up being too late.
    #25 Posted: 05:46:51 14/02/2014
    OOC: aww, I was meaning your character not know... But I can work with either.

ps. It'd be best if we deleted these posts once this matter is resolved.
    ---
    #26 Posted: 13:49:44 14/02/2014
    OOC: I don't want to have to switch up my character's feelings at a crack like like that. I'd rather have it the way it is.
    #27 Posted: 17:09:30 14/02/2014
    OOC: ok, I can do that then.
    ---
    #28 Posted: 18:22:36 14/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    Locke shakes his head and looks around dazed and confused. He picks himself up off of the ground and leans against the tree, hoping that he wouldn't have to deal with any ridiculous monsters. He pulled out some of the electronics he grabbed out of the ship and started to work on his shock gauntlet. Well this sucks. All I got was a stun gun. At least I got off before the ship crashed, otherwise I would have to deal with all of the guards. "Well... ****."
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #29 Posted: 06:40:10 15/02/2014
    TAD clung to the side of the ship until in optimum position. When the ship made first contact, TAD pushed off of the metal surface. With the inertia, Zexu located the point of land down, and fired the forward thrusts. Falling through the trees and hitting the dirt and building rubble, TAD made a quick role to better brake without crashing down on its chest plate. Grabbing hold of a nearby tree, TAD finally stopped. The crashing ship sent debris all over the drone, causing it to stay braved to the tree. A caution sign appeared within Zexu's visual, Human female has been announced deceased. Canceling oxygen production and heat systems. TAD stood up, still being bombarded by the debris, and saluted to the human, Whether or not she was important to the mission. The human deserves propped burial. TAD started walking toward the ship's head section. Estimated time of arrival is set to 26 minutes and raising with the settling ship crash. Estimated survivor count is around 530,325 of 700,348(ehh, had to come up wit something). Systems scans are not currently available for precise population count.
    ---
    #30 Posted: 13:59:42 15/02/2014
    Anhangsel's first instinct was to look around for any of the other survivors. Anhangsel didn't see anything immediate, but eventually saw a robotic creature carrying his friend. Anhangsel started to wonder why he would be carrying her, as she was already dead. Still, it was a chance to get one last look at her. Anhangsel slinked over to the robot and then dug his nose into his friends clothes. Maulwurf-Schlange had better vision in the dark then they did during the daytime, as even the faintest light would obscure their view. Anhangsel started to nuzzle her body, hoping for a response. But nothing happened. He pulled his head back and dug it down, spouting three words he heard one day while on board the Hermes near the medical bay. He eavesdropped onto an oppporation on someone which ended up being unsuccsesful. Eventually as they were carrying the deceased body, one person said the same three words Anhangsel said in proximity of the robot. "Rest in peace."
    #31 Posted: 08:09:10 16/02/2014
    TAD stopped when Anhangsel approached and muzzled the girl. After it spoke those few words, "You knew her?" the AI voice asked, "It is apparent I was not blown out soon enough," TAD kneeled down, "I am bringing her to the nose of the ship to bury her if you wish to join me?" Zexu knew there were some regular passengers, but a girl this young just was not common. Last data transfer with the ship showed a passenger who was normally with this creature, but was of an abnormal age. Maybe they were traveling together. Besides all of this, once she is buried, I must report to the highest ranking officer for orders.
    ---
    #32 Posted: 14:03:58 16/02/2014
    The girl was part of an experimentation program they were doing with Anhangsel. She was 19 when they first met (OOC: Just to clarify she's not THAT young) and into the 21 age they still bonded together. The girl was able to look past the large, bulky, and ugly creature and saw inside what was a relatively harmless and friendly creature. In general, Maulwurf-Schlange were diggers, not warriors. They were not a race who attacked on sight. They were a race that minded their own business until their business became something else. Maulwurf-Schlange normally take time to adapt to a situation, and Anhangsel showed that Maulwurf-Schlange were generally docile and tend to study as first action instead of attack. And if a Maulwurf-Schlange studies a situation it deems harmless, then it acts similarly to normal humans.

"We... friends for *snort* three years. Let me *snort* see her burial," He said, slowly crawling to the nose of the ship.
    #33 Posted: 20:20:35 16/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    Locke sighs and pulls himself up off the ground and looks for a solid tree limb and pulls it off. Testing it's durability against the tree, he decides it's strong enough to lean on and he limps off into the woods to find a place to make shelter. Hearing animals calling he looks around and notices a small animal eating leaves, It had short white fur and looked reminiscent of a puppy. Oh look, dinner. Locke pulled out his stun gun and walked up to the animal and it looked up at him and tilted it's head. Not the brightest of animals I see. He fired an electric bolt out of his stun gun into the animal and it let out a small squeal. It began convulsing on the ground and slowly settled, only twitching every other moment. Time to put it out of it's misery. Locke lifts the large stick above his head and slams it into the animals skull, pulverizing it. He picks up two rocks and carries them and the corpse of the dead animal under a few fallen trees. He sits there and begins to sharpen one rock on the other.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #34 Posted: 03:54:44 17/02/2014
    Once at the front of the ship, TAD set the girl down, "I think you should dig a proper depth for your friend. I'll stay long enough to cover her. After that I must find the highest ranking officer for my next task," TAD turned to the wreckage, still steaming from the fresh crash land. The metal on the nose was still red from re-entry, and the ground around it was slightly burned from the heat. The crash site ran a rough mile to two miles back seeing as the ship's size varied for quite a bit of inertia.
    ---
    #35 Posted: 03:59:43 17/02/2014
    OOC: ...I'm going to pretend I didn't just read HerrMythology's post. *shivers*

Anhangsel nodded before diving nose-first into the ground, digging a trench out to bury the girl. And then, Anhangsel pushed her body into the trench before pushing the sand over her to cover her. He then looked at TAD and tilted his head. "Say, what are you?" he asked. "Never saw one like you."
    #36 Posted: 04:14:52 17/02/2014
    TAD stood up to the suit's full height, roughly seven feet, "What you see is an experimental loading exoskeleton designed for the heavy lifting and hitting. This model has been modified for more assault than heavy lift work. Equipped with a Tesla coil for a direct electrical shock damage to enemies, and a plasma edge sword. What you hear is me, Zexu, a human made AI fitted for this suit. I can also control the ship, that has crashed apparently, if they allowed it. They said I would be safer in here though. Anyway," the suit settled its gears and plates to a height of 6 feet 7 inches, "I can be your best friend or your worst enemy, it is up to you which I should be. I detect no threat from your kind, nor you in general."
    ---
    #37 Posted: 04:23:31 17/02/2014
    TAD was a few feet shorter than Anhangsel to his full extent, but he still seemed like a pretty powerful creature. Still, Anhangsel felt that this robot was friendly, so he accepted his friendship. "I accept your *snort* offer of proposal, friend," Anhangsel said happily. "Did... did I use those words right?"
    #38 Posted: 04:44:35 17/02/2014
    TAD turned to Anhangsel, "Not much English I see. Yes, it was close enough to understand the meaning. If we are to be friends, that leaves me to be protective of you for the time being until I know without a doubt you are safe. Safety is top priority in my database, but chain of command is my built in motif, so I must find the highest ranking officer for missions," TAD walked over to the ship's hull to find an opening to board.
    ---
    #39 Posted: 14:10:14 17/02/2014
    "I should probably stay out," Anhangsel said as TAD entered the ship. "I'll probably be in the way, *snort* so I'll go look for other suh-viv-ors. ...Something like that." Anhangsel started to go out to see if anyone was out there. It didn't take him long to see a man in a tree. Eventually, the man shot a native animal with his gun, then pulverized it mercilessly. It didn't look very pretty. Maulwurf-Schlange eat small animals, but they usually don't watch their demise inside their mouth. Actually seeing it made Anhangsel a bit uneasy. Still, Anhangsel had no idea if he was good or bad so he got a bit closer. He wanted to make sure the man saw him before saying "please don't hurt me."
    #40 Posted: 07:22:42 18/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    OCC: If you don't mind, since I don't know the Maulwurf-Schlange language, I'm just going to call it the Maulwurf-Schlange language until you come up with one.

Locke heard Anhangsel's words and thought I wonder what this big guys about. He whispers in the galactic language, "I'm a bit rusty in English. I didn't even know any space sector still spoke it, but did you just say, 'Please butt hurt me?' Is that even possible?"
    Locke switches to the Maulwurf-Schlange language, "I can speak your language if you'd rather, but if we are going to pick any language let's not pick English or this conversation is going to get awkward."
    Locke lifts the dead animal by the scruff of it's neck, "Want some?"
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #41 Posted: 14:09:57 18/02/2014
    Anhangsel heard the person tell Anhangsel to speak in his native tongue. And also offered some of his kill to him. Anhangsel was unsure whether he was friendly or not. "Aauurgh *snort* aaaaauk ooooohg." Anhangsel said, which roughly translated to "No Thanks" in Maulwurf-Schlange speak. Maulwurf-Schlange didn't have a true language, they spoke using a high variety of sounds, pitches, and other things. They were still capable of speach, but this was how Maulwurf-Schlange learned to speak. "Ooohg aaaughk kuk ka-ooooourgh, chut chut." Anhangsel asked Locke if he was friendly.
    #42 Posted: 01:19:12 19/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    Locke smiled, "I'm as friendly as You'd want me to be. As long as your just as nice to me." With one of the rocks in his hands sharpened enough to cut, he started to gut the animal. While he was doing that he started talking, "I met one of your kind before. Your pretty cool guys in general, but your language was hard as hell to understand at first."
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #43 Posted: 02:23:24 19/02/2014
    "Maulwurf-Schlange are surprisingly docile and friendly," Anhangsel mentioned in his tongue. "We do not attack anything larger than a "cat." We tend to study larger creatures first. If they don't pose a threat, we do not attack. ...May... May I try some of that?" Anhangsel finally took interest in the animal meat.
    #44 Posted: 04:15:14 19/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    Locke smiles, "You want it cooked or raw?"
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #45 Posted: 06:22:54 19/02/2014
    TAD stepped in, "How about back in your cell?" it drew the sword as weapon of choice. Running facial recognition, Locke, human male, age: 33, prisoned for grand theft auto of inter stellar ship Helios, does not know the human language of English too well. By the previous conversation over heard, stick to the maulwulf-Schlange speech. TAD stepped forward one in an attempt to test Locke's courage, and to find any type of reactions he would have. Study his movements and mange was to predict assault if necessary.
    ---
    #46 Posted: 14:03:25 19/02/2014
    "Maybe I should stick with raw," Anhangsel said, still in tongue. He tried some of the meat and seemed to have difficulty swallowing it. "It tastes a bit bland," he spoke. "I'm used to a more sweet taste. Maybe..." Eventually, TAD showed up and started to intimidate the man. This caused a lot of confusion for Anhangsel. Wasn't he good before? Why is he attacking now? What was going on? Anhangsel didn't know what to do besides switch his view repeatedly between Locke and TAD.
    #47 Posted: 23:32:04 19/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    Locke is irritated by the fact that he thought that Anhangsel was actually trying to be his friend, not lead him into a death trap. Locke looked at the robot No muscle-head is going to be bullying me., "Well, well, well. Why am I not surprised. I figured that it was too easy to make a friend, had to have some strings attached."
    Locke sighs, "For a robot your not thinking very well are you? Your giving me an ultimatum. Either we fight here and you kill me or you take me and I die like a coward. How long do you think your guard buddies are going to keep prisoners before they start realizing that they should just kill them? They'd have less mouths to feed after all." Locke stands up, "I'm not looking to start a fight, but I don't want to die. It's a thing us living beings are just not a fan of. So, " Locke sighs, "Your move."
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #48 Posted: 04:11:02 20/02/2014
    TAD lowered the sword, "My move is my mission, secure any escaped convicts. Bring them back to the Hermes for a role check. Besides, if your crime is not as severe, surely they will bring you with them when search and rescue finds the ship or distress beacon," TAD then pulled out a set of cuffs from a thin side panel, "I'm sire you know how the rest goes."
    ---
    #49 Posted: 05:19:49 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
    Locke sighs, "I'd figure you'd say that. You probably have yet to see the survival instinct of a living being. This is Gotterdammerung, no one is going to save you here." In a sudden attempt to get away, Locke jumps out of the back of the fallen trees and runs away. There really is no reason to try and talk sense to a robot. It's job is to capture people, not to survive.
    ---
    Turtle Power.
    #50 Posted: 14:45:09 20/02/2014
    "Wait, what are you doing friend?" Anhangsel asked TAD. "Why are you attacking him? He did nothing wrong." Anhangsel looked at Locke for a moment and noticed he didn't have a pleasant face for him right now. What was he thinking? Anhangsel's knowledge of the human mind was not advanced enough to figure that he though Anhangsel lead TAD to trap him. Which lead him to another thought: TAD was not friendly. "You... I thought you were good," he said to TAD.
    Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me