Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
We joke about sex. [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 19:17:58 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Sex is natural; it happens EVERYDAY. There is probably someone in your city having sex right now. It's everywhere, and every living thing does it in some way, shape or form. And that's why it's acceptable to joke about sex.

We joke about using the bathroom.

Using the bathroom is a natural process that our bodies do to get rid of wastes. It also happens EVERYDAY, and every living thing gets rid of waste in some way, shape or form. And that's why it's acceptable to make bathroom jokes.

You know what else is natural and happens everyday?

Death. Everything dies. There is absolutely nothing we can do about it, it's going to happen to all of us at some point.

SO WHY IN THE HOLY MOTHER OF SEINFELD IS IT NOT ACCEPTABLE TO JOKE ABOUT DEATH?!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:18:48 28/12/2013 by Metallo
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8508
#2 Posted: 19:19:50 28/12/2013
Marry me
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#3 Posted: 19:20:11 28/12/2013
Because at times one doesn't want to joke about it for respect.
#4 Posted: 19:21:07 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: DummyZ
Because at times one doesn't want to joke about it for respect.

I can understand that, because it is a very solemn thing when it first happens. But why is anyone who jokes about it labeled as a cold, heartless person?
#5 Posted: 19:23:22 28/12/2013
Maybe it's because of intimidation...? Or fear...?
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#6 Posted: 19:24:10 28/12/2013
Cause the person who died can't laugh with you
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#7 Posted: 19:27:43 28/12/2013
It's not about being a cold heartless person. Death does happen every day, however it would be disrespectful to joke about the dead. Maybe it's my heritage, but when a person dies, even if that person was a dick or a *****, they're dead. Why even bother joking about it, they ain't gonna be able to laugh about the joke, now could they? omg I'm so sorry...
#8 Posted: 19:29:23 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: thumper
It's not about being a cold heartless person. Death does happen every day, however it would be disrespectful to joke about the dead. Maybe it's my heritage, but when a person dies, even if that person was a dick or a *****, they're dead. Why even bother joking about it, they ain't gonna be able to laugh about the joke, now could they? omg I'm so sorry...

If they're dead, they won't feel disrespected, either.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#9 Posted: 19:29:37 28/12/2013
(reads first part)
And then all of you whiny little girls have your periods when I make a sex joke.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#10 Posted: 19:29:59 28/12/2013
Because people take serious offense to it.
(i agree as long as it doesn't go too far, or actually meant to offend someone.)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#11 Posted: 19:32:23 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: hardcoreignitor
(reads first part)
And then all of you whiny little girls have your periods when I make a sex joke.

You make sex jokes...?
#12 Posted: 19:32:30 28/12/2013
Quote: Metallo

The people who had connections to that person probably wouldn't want that person's death being joked about
#13 Posted: 19:34:26 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ninpire

The people who had connections to that person probably wouldn't want that person's death being joked about

Then be respectful in the presence of that person. Hold your tongue when appropriate.
#14 Posted: 19:36:29 28/12/2013
(reads first part)

You make sex jokes...?

Yes.
One time I imitated Ninjask saying OMG GUIZE I UM PRGNANT WIF DARK LORDS BAIBEE
I CALL HIM DURK BAIBEE
I called prex the horny lovechild of Pit and marth
And I made a story fo jokes about MagicFizz and Bash28 having a gunfight over Sky Airglow. Once Bash n Sky reunited, I said "Stay Protected!" and threw them a condom.
---
nyeheheheheh

#15 Posted: 19:40:05 28/12/2013
Quote: Ninpire

Then be respectful in the presence of that person. Hold your tongue when appropriate.

How would you know when to hold your tongue? You might say something to someone that had connections you didn't know about
#16 Posted: 19:40:48 28/12/2013
(reads first part)

You make sex jokes...?

Yes.
One time I imitated Ninjask saying OMG GUIZE I UM PRGNANT WIF DARK LORDS BAIBEE
I CALL HIM DURK BAIBEE
I called prex the horny lovechild of Pit and marth
And I made a story fo jokes about MagicFizz and Bash28 having a gunfight over Sky Airglow. Once Bash n Sky reunited, I said "Stay Protected!" and threw them a condom.

That doesn't really count.
#17 Posted: 19:58:33 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
(reads first part)

if girls had to bleed to be annoyed by you they'd be anaemic

(not that i'm bothered by sex jokes though, it's just idiotic to assume that if a girl is angry with you, they're on their period. think about how you're acting before you assume it's the other person getting too worked up.)

Pretty much this, it's really rash and rather offensive to blame everything on the period.
#18 Posted: 20:01:24 28/12/2013
(reads first part)

if girls had to bleed to be annoyed by you they'd be anaemic

(not that i'm bothered by sex jokes though, it's just idiotic to assume that if a girl is angry with you, they're on their period. think about how you're acting before you assume it's the other person getting too worked up.)

Pretty much this, it's really rash and rather offensive to blame everything on the period.

I don't blame it on the period, its a joke between my rfiends to stay get off your period when someone is flipping out, even if theyre male.
---
nyeheheheheh

Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#19 Posted: 20:01:58 28/12/2013
pmsing happens before "the period"
#20 Posted: 20:05:58 28/12/2013
How am I supposed to know that? I'm 11, I spend my time during Family Life closing my eyes, and holding my ears, cause I'd rather not see a diagram of genetalia.....
---
nyeheheheheh

Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#21 Posted: 20:06:31 28/12/2013
Metallo, it's just disrespectful to joke about death. It offended me, and it could offend many more. You are right that death happens every day, but it's just something you shouldn't joke about. Death is not a joking matter, it's serious. I hope you know how many people get offended by these jokes: many, several, a lot. Especially since I just lost someone very close to me.
And then you said that said person I lost was happy because they wouldn't see me. Well, she was my neighbor. We were close. We've known each other for a long time. It's going to be hard for me, because I've known her for a very long time. And for you to joke about death breaks my heart. But you don't even care, do you? You don't care if you hurt someone, do you? You just make offensive jokes all day, without caring about the feelings of others.

(I'm sorry, I just had to get this out.)
#22 Posted: 20:06:56 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
How am I supposed to know that? I'm 11, I spend my time during Family Life closing my eyes, and holding my ears, cause I'd rather not see a diagram of genetalia.....

When I was 11, I didn't even know what a period was. I just BARELY knew what a vagina was. Be thankful for what you do know.

Quote: Ash Starkindle
Metallo, it's just disrespectful to joke about death. It offended me, and it could offend many more. You are right that death happens every day, but it's just something you shouldn't joke about. Death is not a joking matter, it's serious. I hope you know how many people get offended by these jokes: many, several, a lot. Especially since I just lost someone very close to me.
And then you said that said person I lost was happy because they wouldn't see me. Well, she was my neighbor. We were close. We've known each other for a long time. It's going to be hard for me, because I've known her for a very long time. And for you to joke about death breaks my heart. But you don't even care, do you? You don't care if you hurt someone, do you? You just make offensive jokes all day, without caring about the feelings of others.

(I'm sorry, I just had to get this out.)

Most of darkSpyro is convinced that you are a troll. If that is untrue, I sincerely apologize.

If it IS true, I regret nothing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:59 28/12/2013 by Metallo
#23 Posted: 20:10:28 28/12/2013

When I was 11, I didn't even know what a period was. I just BARELY knew what a vagina was. Be thankful for what you do know.

But I don't want to know all the scientific names of genetalia! I don't wanna know all the things I do about sex! I didnt choose to know!
(Coincidentally, if I didn't take Grade 5 Family Life, I probably wouldn't make all these sex jokes. So, blame the education system, folks!)
---
nyeheheheheh

#24 Posted: 20:13:23 28/12/2013
Define "most of darkSpyro" then.

And I am not a troll. I just needed to put my two cents in.
#25 Posted: 20:15:01 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator

Riiiiiiight.
#26 Posted: 20:15:04 28/12/2013
@ Mettallo
PUNK
ARE YOU FEELIN LUCKY
---
nyeheheheheh

IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#27 Posted: 20:16:02 28/12/2013
Did I miss something here?
#28 Posted: 20:18:22 28/12/2013

Riiiiiiight.

Well, I'm not. That's your job.
#29 Posted: 20:20:01 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator

Riiiiiiight.

Not quite. I admit sometimes I do pose some rather...controversial...material, but if I was really TRYING to troll, it'd be much worse than this. Much, much worse.

And the fact that you are trying to push this on me only reassures me further of your trollocity.
#30 Posted: 20:22:24 28/12/2013

Riiiiiiight.

Not quite. I admit sometimes I do pose some rather...controversial...material, but if I was really TRYING to troll, it'd be much worse than this. Much, much worse.

And the fact that you are trying to push this on me only reassures me further of your trollocity.

It was a joke Metallo. You should know, you make them every day. Besides, the real troll is Big Green.
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#31 Posted: 20:23:24 28/12/2013
Well, I think it's rude really...It's like talking about someone behind their back almost only the person is gone forever.

So, are you saying if someone dies it's a gateway to jokes and being funny...?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#32 Posted: 20:24:12 28/12/2013
I never joke about death, and I've never met anyone who does. But I've heard those dirty jokes about sex, that's probably because joking about death is going a little too far, and is a different subject. A more sensitive one at that.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#33 Posted: 20:25:05 28/12/2013
What I don't get are kids who joke about sex without experiencing it.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#34 Posted: 20:30:25 28/12/2013
People can be very drastically affected by the death of another, particularly a friend or family member, of course they wouldn't find it funny with other people to just joke around about it like it doesn't mean anything. What I think anyway, you can think whatever the hell you want.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#35 Posted: 20:35:14 28/12/2013
Quote: somePerson

I'd rather not have the likes of you understand me, so i'm happy that way.
---
nyeheheheheh

assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#36 Posted: 20:39:39 28/12/2013
Well that depends,
Joking about death pre-death is a way of coping.
Kinda the same way with grievers when someone else has recently died.
And if your not a griever and you joke about someone's death it's not your right to be rude, but it's not the grievers right to be rude when offended.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#37 Posted: 20:41:07 28/12/2013

Riiiiiiight.

SHUT THE **** UP
---
nyeheheheheh

#38 Posted: 20:42:53 28/12/2013

I'd rather not have the likes of you understand me, so i'm happy that way.

And yet you call me a jerk.

Oh god, you should've been there at 4 AM last night, **** was wild.....you would've had a fit.

Glad I wasn't ? *shrugs*
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#39 Posted: 20:56:37 28/12/2013
Death is one of those things you can make jokes, but it is offending.
Also I'd get offended because way too many relatives I knew well has died in two years. So make a joke about that after you know what is was like, it just don't make you even grin, it just feels like someone is just laughing at it. Shouting out insults to a person who cannot answer. See what I mean?
---
Ligi
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#40 Posted: 20:59:30 28/12/2013
Well, I could say something about the dead that would make me come across to all of you as a
horribly cold-hearted person, but I don't think I will do that, just to be safe. (Now if you REALLY wanna kno-*Shot*)
I think it's fine to joke about death, really....
(Note: Not what I was thinking of saying btw..e.e)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#41 Posted: 21:10:59 28/12/2013
Why would you even make jokes about death?! Thats so stupid
#42 Posted: 21:26:11 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Since when do I care about offending people?
#43 Posted: 21:28:21 28/12/2013

You asked for our opinions and you got them, we're not saying you should care about offending people, we're just telling you what we thinked about the subject, like you initially asked.
---
#44 Posted: 21:29:26 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: TorchSheep

You asked for our opinions and you got them, we're not saying you should care about offending people, we're just telling you what we thinked about the subject, like you initially asked.

It's not that, but....

Did you really just say THINKED?
#45 Posted: 21:30:11 28/12/2013
Quote: TorchSheep

It's not that, but....

Did you really just say THINKED?

Oh whoops, sorry. :S
---
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#46 Posted: 21:47:09 28/12/2013
It is acceptable to joke about death, as it is acceptable to joke about sex, and as it is acceptable to joke about bathroom stuff, for this all depends on your audience, judgment, and timing. You are being far too general when you say "death", because I see and hear jokes everyday related to "death" that are widely acceptable to plenty of audiences.

"Offensive jokes", I know, are not always ill-intentioned, for humour is often used as a method of dealing with things, and making light of situations, even if they would offend. People love joking about survival and things related to it because on many cases, we are able to joke about these things nowadays because we are nowhere near struggling to survive on most cases, but death? Death is inevitable and not many people make light of it easily, and so the audience is not nearly as wide as other things relating to survival.

In the end, maybe you're just hanging out with the absolutely wrong people. Go clone yourself, or something.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:49:06 28/12/2013 by Wild
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#47 Posted: 22:27:30 28/12/2013
most people's sex lifes in one pokemon move:
wish
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me