Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Metallic Green Shroomboom packaging revealed
Page 1 of 1
Metallic Green Shroomboom packaging revealed [CLOSED]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 03:14:15 27/12/2013 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Well, looks like I'll have to wait a while for this baby to show up.

Any thoughts on where/when he'll be released? I bet that he'll be a Toy Fair release.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#2 Posted: 03:18:49 27/12/2013
Being already into SF, would they do a Giants figure for a toy fair release? I honestly can't see a retail release of a Giants variant after the game is over though, so it would have to be something like that or another Frito Lay contest... Heaven help us if it's another contest...
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#3 Posted: 03:21:29 27/12/2013
WARNING! NOT TRUE/Sarcasm here:

Only $9.99 with $2,000 purchase of Swap Force accessories and 20 other Shroomboom figures! Now at Toys R Us!
#4 Posted: 03:21:44 27/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Eh, they're using Metallic Gill Grunt as a promo-exclusive this late into SWAP Force, so.. yeah. Activision is very unpredictable.
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#5 Posted: 04:26:17 27/12/2013
i dont even like shroom boom, but this i like.. would have been better if it was lightcore
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#6 Posted: 04:42:08 27/12/2013
They've really let it get out of hand with all of these variants. When can we finally close the door on our SSA and SG collections? Every time I complete a collection for one of these games they just release another uber chase variant. Crystal Whirlwind for SSA when Skylanders 3 has already come out. Pumpkin Fright Rider arriving at homes after SF came out now Metallic Shroomboom. It's almost like they're trying to frustrate their fans through releasing far too many variants to keep up with. Then they go and release not 1 but 2 SF variants for their devs and employees this year.

In the last couple months we have seen Crystal Whirlwind, Pumpkin Fright Rider (not a big deal if you're in the US but for the rest of us it doesn't come cheap), Green Scorp, Green Chop Chop, Green RipTide, Quickdraw Rattle Shake (see Pumpkin Fright Rider), Gold Fire Kraken, Snowerdash plus all of the store variants, 5 Dark Skylanders, Nitro Magna Charge, Metallic Wash Buckler, Jolly Bumble Blast, Enchanted Hoot Loop, Legendary Free Ranger, Legendary Night Shift, Legendary Grim Creeper, Legendary Zoo Loo.

If you're counting that's 8 "expensive" Skylanders 9 if you count Wash Buckler and 13ish regular variants. 21 variants in just 2 months is absurd.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#7 Posted: 05:19:42 27/12/2013
Quote: IWHBYD
They've really let it get out of hand with all of these variants. When can we finally close the door on our SSA and SG collections? Every time I complete a collection for one of these games they just release another uber chase variant. Crystal Whirlwind for SSA when Skylanders 3 has already come out. Pumpkin Fright Rider arriving at homes after SF came out now Metallic Shroomboom. It's almost like they're trying to frustrate their fans through releasing far too many variants to keep up with. Then they go and release not 1 but 2 SF variants for their devs and employees this year.

In the last couple months we have seen Crystal Whirlwind, Pumpkin Fright Rider (not a big deal if you're in the US but for the rest of us it doesn't come cheap), Green Scorp, Green Chop Chop, Green RipTide, Quickdraw Rattle Shake (see Pumpkin Fright Rider), Gold Fire Kraken, Snowerdash plus all of the store variants, 5 Dark Skylanders, Nitro Magna Charge, Metallic Wash Buckler, Jolly Bumble Blast, Enchanted Hoot Loop, Legendary Free Ranger, Legendary Night Shift, Legendary Grim Creeper, Legendary Zoo Loo.

If you're counting that's 8 "expensive" Skylanders 9 if you count Wash Buckler and 13ish regular variants. 21 variants in just 2 months is absurd.

It is called the greedy gaming industry. Profit, profit, profit... as long as the collectors keep paying for the variants, they'll keep making them.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
#8 Posted: 05:25:13 27/12/2013
Quote: lcopley98

It is called the greedy gaming industry. Profit, profit, profit... as long as the collectors keep paying for the variants, they'll keep making them.

I know all about the greedy game industry but they are taking it too far and it will hurt them sooner rather than later.
---
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#9 Posted: 05:33:37 27/12/2013
It's also called overkill.

Also you're not counting Red Camo.

Either way at least we know what to expect, the next game will release more variants for the older titles, more things to scramble after, and more reason to write off chase variants because 'catching them all' will be much too hard to do. And given how many people are now faking them online (and the difficulty in *proving* them as fake since the original game variants aren't getting 'Special' tags even when released in this day and age)...yeah that's all for me.
#10 Posted: 05:46:14 27/12/2013
Quote: Kung Fu Man
It's also called overkill.

Also you're not counting Red Camo.

Either way at least we know what to expect, the next game will release more variants for the older titles, more things to scramble after, and more reason to write off chase variants because 'catching them all' will be much too hard to do. And given how many people are now faking them online (and the difficulty in *proving* them as fake since the original game variants aren't getting 'Special' tags even when released in this day and age)...yeah that's all for me.

I'm still waiting to see if I need to count Red Camo as a legit packaged variant or not, Red Camo appears to be real but whether that one was a reseal or the real deal remains to be seen. With Crystal Whirlwind being a thing I wouldn't be surprised though. I'm saying this as somebody who has thus far "kept up" too, I am only missing Snowerdash and Red Camo (if real). It was a lot more fun when these weren't released every few days.
---
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#11 Posted: 07:33:11 27/12/2013
Is Crystal whirlwind found in stores?If she is,S1. Whirlwind is rare enogh
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#12 Posted: 12:11:45 27/12/2013
I'm still waiting to see if I need to count Red Camo as a legit packaged variant or not, Red Camo appears to be real but whether that one was a reseal or the real deal remains to be seen. With Crystal Whirlwind being a thing I wouldn't be surprised though. I'm saying this as somebody who has thus far "kept up" too, I am only missing Snowerdash and Red Camo (if real). It was a lot more fun when these weren't released every few days.

There's a video of the Red Camo figure being used with the game, it's legit. A pic of it should be in the thread that was posted for the find.
#13 Posted: 14:32:27 27/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: wrecknroll
Is Crystal whirlwind found in stores?If she is,S1. Whirlwind is rare enogh

We don't even know yet.
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#14 Posted: 14:44:32 27/12/2013
SHROOMY!!!!!
---
you never saw me
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#15 Posted: 17:22:02 27/12/2013
just one more reason I stick to in game variants almost exclusively
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#16 Posted: 17:24:59 27/12/2013
If I didn't know any better they did a recall on Shroom Boom and had them repainted just to get rid of their stock.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#17 Posted: 18:12:07 27/12/2013
He looks awesome. Like a little army guy.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#18 Posted: 20:08:00 27/12/2013 | Topic Creator

Agreed. I've been hunting for the last variants for months, and they randomly decide to put out variants of old characters? It's way outta hand.

We're all complaining, and they will just keep pumping out newer "treasure hunt" figures. Even if we all ignore the market on these repaints, they will still keep making them.
---
#19 Posted: 03:09:01 28/12/2013
They've really let it get out of hand with all of these variants. When can we finally close the door on our SSA and SG collections?

Never. Apparently as you've seen with SSA they can decide to add more variants to any generation game whenever they want to. In addition to unforseen costs (as they continue to increase)...you can never say you're done. I started to get irritated with the SE Gill Grunt and the Blurples...and contributed to my removal from the chase scene.

Hey, if you love to chase, and have endless funds...go for it. I'll pass.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:09:55 28/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#20 Posted: 05:20:18 28/12/2013
It's so frustrating. Why make the older game figures? I'm not sure that I understand the thinking behind choosing to make new variants from older games
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#21 Posted: 06:33:40 28/12/2013
Might be because there are still people playing the older games and people who will spend some time playing SSA and Giants before Swap Force. I think it is understandable for characters like Shroomboom who don't have a reposed version in Swap, but they definitely could have made Red Thorn Horn Camo and Clear Horn Blast Whirlwind instead of releasing SSA version months after the release of Swap Force.
---
bye
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#22 Posted: 15:50:40 28/12/2013
It's as if they cut this pack:[User Posted Image]
Into these: [User Posted Image]

I couldn't copy the metallic shroomboom.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#23 Posted: 17:18:07 28/12/2013
Quote: newkill
Might be because there are still people playing the older games and people who will spend some time playing SSA and Giants before Swap Force. I think it is understandable for characters like Shroomboom who don't have a reposed version in Swap, but they definitely could have made Red Thorn Horn Camo and Clear Horn Blast Whirlwind instead of releasing SSA version months after the release of Swap Force.

I don't think any of it is understandable, except for the fact that ShroomBoom haunted the pegs for months and months and need a gimmick to get rid of them.
---
#24 Posted: 18:40:55 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
This guy isn't bad looking. I actually kinda like the guy.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#25 Posted: 19:34:51 28/12/2013
Looking forward to ignoring another chase figure. Not interested at all.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#26 Posted: 18:34:06 05/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Bump.

He was an employee exclusive, VERY limited.
Only a few employees have him, although he could make it to stores.
---
#27 Posted: 19:07:44 05/01/2014
The lack of exclusive logo tells me this has all the signs of mass production.
---
#28 Posted: 19:10:38 05/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Check the collections thread, Portal__Master got one from an employee.

Quote: Portal___Master
I bought directly from an employee.
Here he is SkyLanders Giants Metallic Green Gold Shroomboom.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#29 Posted: 19:24:12 05/01/2014
I don't know I could see it being both. Just because he got it from an employee doesn't mean it is an Employee Exclusive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:45 05/01/2014 by Bazinga
somePerson Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 8459
#30 Posted: 19:37:48 05/01/2014
Looks disgusting to be honest.
#31 Posted: 19:48:07 05/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote:
I received this directly from an employee, and all i have is his/her word to go on, but according to him/her, this was a bonus release for employees only, kind of like the gold fire kraken, a very specific group of employees at that.

Here's what he sent me via PM.
---
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#32 Posted: 20:15:28 05/01/2014
Good point Bazinga
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me