Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Kirby Topic - Kirby Star Allies
First | Previous | Page 8 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The All Purpose Kirby Topic - Kirby Star Allies
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#351 Posted: 04:35:10 08/11/2018
Awesome, can't wait for it
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#352 Posted: 03:35:25 15/11/2018
https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1062903123797204999

Mages have been confirmed to play as a trio. Whether they'll be like Rick, Coo, & Kine or can be swapped between on the fly like Pokémon Trainer in Smash remains to be seen but I'm really hoping it's the latter. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#353 Posted: 22:07:13 21/11/2018
Double post bump for more hype!

http://popstarpress.tumblr.com...ith-various-new

According to a translated Nintendo Dream piece, we are getting a new difficulty option in The Ultimate Choice: Soul Melter Extra! What this means, I have no idea. But worth noting is that this level gives you a maxed out health bar, unlike vanilla Soul Melter. Does this mean the new mode has more than 5-6 bosses or will this simply be Soul Melter + Parallel Bosses?
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#354 Posted: 22:47:01 21/11/2018
Kirby just sets the plate on fire for Soul Melter Extra.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#355 Posted: 04:26:46 23/11/2018

THUNDER THOT IS HERE! ohandiguesshersisterstoobutwhoreallycares

I can't wait to fight Zan with four Zans for maximum Zaniness!

... I regret nothing! :V
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#356 Posted: 05:18:18 23/11/2018
the hype is so real
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#357 Posted: 02:13:10 02/12/2018
So the update is out

Not even a need for a cutscene at the true end of the game. Just as camly as before, you can now play as Kirb. Kumazaki didn't even need to make Hyness talk again.

No wonder Kirby survived the World of Light. Sakurai pulled the whole Warp Star thing but it's clearly to hide the real spoiler when he equated him with Palutena and Bayonetta, Kirby is actually the god of his universe, he just happens to be in an incarnation that's shaped like a friend today.

Man, EVEN THAT. Even the silly 'shaped like a friend' meme. That's lore.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:27 02/12/2018 by Bifrost
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1706
#358 Posted: 15:04:45 24/09/2021

AWWWW YEAHHHH
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5327
#359 Posted: 09:26:33 25/09/2021
At long last Kirby can finally join the ranks of 3D platformer mascots. It's like a balance has been restored to the universe.

I just wish this came out back on the Gamecube, when I was younger I would have enjoyed it so much more. "Where were you twenty years ago, ten years ago? Where were you when I was new?!"
---
Boop me if you see this.
#360 Posted: 12:42:56 25/09/2021
Hell yeah! The game seems to be even more beat-em-up-y than before, too.

I also like the quickly shown way they'll limit flight - instead of the kind of infuriating jump limit from Kirby 64, you have a max height that doesn't save you much. That's really good.
---
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1706
#361 Posted: 16:31:41 25/09/2021
Quote: Bifrost
Hell yeah! The game seems to be even more beat-em-up-y than before, too.

I also like the quickly shown way they'll limit flight - instead of the kind of infuriating jump limit from Kirby 64, you have a max height that doesn't save you much. That's really good.

In-universe this could probably be explained by the increased gravity on earth or something. I wonder, is this the same planet as shiver star? Or has that been retconned? Perhaps all the ice just melted and it's the same planet? Are there two earths? I need the answers to these very important Kirby lore questions
#362 Posted: 14:35:35 02/04/2022
I forgot we had a kirby thread again

I'm still watching the game so haven't gotten to the spoiler zone, but I love how it gives a new spin on the post-apocalyptic setting. It's not the ruins of hubris or sadness that things are gone; instead all worlds have a clear theme of reliving the memories of people that were happy in those places and how decay just added a new layer of beauty.
Weird to have kirby out of all franchises do this, but I wouldn't have it any other way
---
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#363 Posted: 09:13:20 05/09/2022
I literally had too much fun playing Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Also Nightmare in Dream Land, but especially Mirror. The minigames were super fun, I played them every day for weeks.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5327
#364 Posted: 20:51:47 05/09/2022
Quote: Bifrost
I forgot we had a kirby thread again

I'm still watching the game so haven't gotten to the spoiler zone, but I love how it gives a new spin on the post-apocalyptic setting. It's not the ruins of hubris or sadness that things are gone; instead all worlds have a clear theme of reliving the memories of people that were happy in those places and how decay just added a new layer of beauty.
Weird to have kirby out of all franchises do this, but I wouldn't have it any other way

That's a really cool point. I mean if you think about it, the existance of remnants of past civilizations is a natural part of the human condition. The daily lives of the people who lived in those civilizations, the experiences they shared and the relationships they formed, those things happened, they mattered, and then they ended, which is unavoidable. But there is a certain beauty in the fact that someone far into the future can look at the remnants of old civilizations and know that they existed, that they happened.

It's definitely funny that a Kirby game did a better job of representing this compared to so many others.

Btw...if anyone in the distant future ends up reading this on some old internet archive dug up in some apocalyptic wasteland....hi, hope you're having a nice day. If you manage to dig up an archive of Nintendo Switch games somewhere, I recommend that you try out Kirby and the Forgotten Land.
---
Boop me if you see this.
First | Previous | Page 8 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me