Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How do you deal with phobias? [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7774
#1 Posted: 14:37:37 11/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Personally, how would/how have you delt/deal with a phobia? This is a serious question and I'm not in the mood for any smartarse answers.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3286
#2 Posted: 14:41:07 11/12/2013
I don't. ;__; Though my best advice would be to face it head on, especially if the fear is irrational.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#3 Posted: 14:44:47 11/12/2013
I run around screaming and make myself a prisoner of my own room smilie
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#4 Posted: 14:47:40 11/12/2013

Well, I uh… Don't deal with them, considering I have one or two. If I face my glossophobia (I mainly have a fear of publicly speaking in front of more than 3 people…), then I'm doomed, because I freeze up, and stutter/stammer.
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#5 Posted: 14:54:19 11/12/2013
I deal with it, if I can. Some I can't take :c
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#6 Posted: 15:03:06 11/12/2013
I avoid getting in those situations. If I can't avoid it, then I try to distract my mind. Like arguing with myself or looking at a spot and just think a lot about that object.
(Ex: "Look at that boulder. How did it end up here? What did it went to get there? *Procceds to wonder it's cycle and all the possibilities on how it got there*)
It's weird but it helps.
Think of something that will surely preoccupy your thoughts so you can get through it as quickly as possible.

Don't think that you're in your phobia, bother yourself with other thoughts.

But you also should find a way to get over it.
I had a fear of the dark and I got over it by forcing it upon me. Now I like dark rooms!
It's best if you don't keep fears. Try to end them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:35 11/12/2013 by wspyro
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#7 Posted: 18:38:56 11/12/2013
I do a test my brother taught me.

I used to be afraid of the dark. I locked myself in my room, turned the lights off, and somersoulted away. It took me 2 hours to find the switch, but after that I am no longer afraid of the dark. Just snakes.....
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6643
#8 Posted: 20:51:43 11/12/2013
Well....
I have a phobia of dogs *Insert that one word meaning that* and I really don't deal with it. I'm still skeptical of most dogs, usually bigger ones. I guess I hang around them for a while and I learn if they're ok, or if they're going to eat me.

With public speaking, I kinda visibly shake, so not much there really...I guess I tell myself I can do this and stare at something else, but then I shift and look at the people, and then worry if I look bad or something. Kinda a mix of the speaking and self-consciousness that kinda kills me.

Just a quick question, it usually depends on the phobia so, what phobia are you trying to overcome exactly?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#9 Posted: 21:18:55 11/12/2013
DC, if you ever start to feel embarassed, I would just imagine That they are all naked. Then they would have more reason to be emberassed then you would!
---
#10 Posted: 21:23:15 11/12/2013
Quote: assassinelf
DC, if you ever start to feel embarassed, I would just imagine That they are all naked. Then they would have more reason to be emberassed then you would!

Um, no. I don't have that good of an imagination. And that would make me more embarrassed.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#11 Posted: 21:39:49 11/12/2013
Ok then. I do stuff like that whenever I am embarassed. Like if someone is staring at me an it's making me nervous, I just pretend they are mentally undressing me.
Because I'm just attractive likd that
BAB-BOOOM
---
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#12 Posted: 21:45:21 11/12/2013
I just try to not think about them or avoid them.
katkerrykat Platinum Sparx Gems: 6033
#13 Posted: 21:49:03 11/12/2013
I try to tackle it head on usually..my phobia is injections, and unfortunately I tend to get them quite often. I find it hard to block my mind from the needle..so focusing on something else never normally works..I find it better when I'm with a patient nurse who speaks calmly and just talks - often clams me down and makes it easier to block out.

Though as DC says, it really depends on your own phobia.. but head-on is probably best.
---
Gotta deal with many farts and many burps. ~ Tenaman
#14 Posted: 21:54:42 11/12/2013
I know
My brother is a horrible, horrible person who taught me mos of the stuff I know. But I get much better grades than him.
---
#15 Posted: 21:54:53 11/12/2013
Quote: Pixilism
Quote: assassinelf
Ok then. I do stuff like that whenever I am embarassed. Like if someone is staring at me an it's making me nervous, I just pretend they are mentally undressing me.
Because I'm just attractive likd that
BAB-BOOOM

you're 10 years old

Ya never know, they could be pedos
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#16 Posted: 22:01:12 11/12/2013
True. ZEspecially how all of the people in my class are at least 2 years older than me.
---
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#17 Posted: 22:39:48 11/12/2013
well, im not sure of how I would deal with my phobias, but I am quite nervious around dogs(thanks to some past experiances) and you wont find me singing or dancing at any time.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7774
#18 Posted: 23:26:00 11/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonCamo
Well....
I have a phobia of dogs *Insert that one word meaning that* and I really don't deal with it. I'm still skeptical of most dogs, usually bigger ones. I guess I hang around them for a while and I learn if they're ok, or if they're going to eat me.

With public speaking, I kinda visibly shake, so not much there really...I guess I tell myself I can do this and stare at something else, but then I shift and look at the people, and then worry if I look bad or something. Kinda a mix of the speaking and self-consciousness that kinda kills me.

Just a quick question, it usually depends on the phobia so, what phobia are you trying to overcome exactly?

Lifts. I'm scared of the cord snapping, going too high, there being a power it while in one and too many people.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#19 Posted: 23:45:03 11/12/2013
"I ignore my fear. When I make decisions, I pretend it doesn't exist."
You can't talk about fears without talking about Four.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#20 Posted: 23:52:58 11/12/2013
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

Four?
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#21 Posted: 23:54:10 11/12/2013
Quote: wspyro
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

Four?

It's a book character. His name is literally Four.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:23 11/12/2013 by Dragons-go-hrr
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me