Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Disney's Frozen [CLOSED]
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#101 Posted: 02:53:38 03/05/2014
I want know what Elsa was planning to eat up in the cold thin air.
---
I is ded
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#102 Posted: 05:45:50 24/05/2014
Is this movie awesome for my 10 yr old?
Sky-Glaceon10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1910
#103 Posted: 07:44:49 05/06/2014

-------
---
"A Zone greater than Zone." Aomine Daiki - 2015
Ask me stuff I guess.
Templarhunter97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#104 Posted: 12:11:23 07/06/2014
I have not seen it.
---
We work in the dark to serve the light-Nothing is true-Everything is permitted.
And i am still waiting for a sequel to bully smilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#105 Posted: 01:42:44 08/06/2014
wow this is just amazing

---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#106 Posted: 02:23:33 08/06/2014
Quote: DarkCynder_543
wow this is just amazing

I saw that, the only good thing that came out of the film.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#107 Posted: 19:55:09 13/06/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I've kind of been hesitant to see it now. Although the animation looks amazing, I've heard a lot of people saying that the main characters are basically just "pretty douchebags" if you really pay attention to how the story plays out, meaning it's really only going to be appealing to a younger crowd. Olaf and Sven are apparently the most genuine characters in the movie, which is very ironic if it's true, because they're you're typical mascot characters who are there to promote the movie through merchandise like plushies and toys.

I'll give it a whirl myself though, and post what I think...some day.

Yeah you just summed up my thoughts. I can usually keep Suspense of Disbelief if I still find the characters interesting, but I've read quite a bit about the film* and from what I hear Anna is stupid. And then I read a really long critique about it and while it seems not everything in that critique would bother me much if I watched the film, it kind of pounded in how stupid Anna was- and it in everything I've seen she just doesn't seem like an interesting character at all to make up for it. Elsa is the biggest thing I've seen of the film that makes me bat an eye toward it, since I kind of relate, but overall I'm not compelled to rush out and buy it.

Way more excited to go and see How To Train Your Dragon 2 (especially since it gives me a good excuse to re-watch the original HTTYD).

* I've read a bunch of spoilers at this point
so I won't be wowed by the "twist ending". Though really, if I didn't enjoy the film until the point of the ending (which I don't know about as I haven't seen it, guh-dooy) the twist ending wouldn't have saved it for me anyway.

I kind of wish I had just seen it when it came out (initially wanted to because I love WIR, never got around to it), just to clear my curiosity, but now I'm not interested enough to see it. I'll get around to it... Some day.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#108 Posted: 00:43:27 14/06/2014
Frozen in one sentence.

In a far away land, where a princess with totally predictable ice powers abandons her rich and luxurious life to make a living making dresses, building castles, and brainwashing the world with her horrible songs.
---
My life is complete.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#109 Posted: 05:41:34 14/06/2014
I finally saw it this week (I missed a little dialogue here and there because I was distracted by other people, and I couldn't really hear many of the songs but that's okay with me).

I already knew about the twist, so that took all the surprise out of the story, but it was still a pretty nice movie. I found Elsa to be the most likable character by a longshot, and Olaf actually was way more likeable than I originally thought he would be too. The animation was nice to watch if nothing else.
---
but i love it all smooth
#110 Posted: 20:06:26 21/06/2014
I saw the movie yesterday.

This review (spoiler alert!) is great

I found it charming/funny enough to be an enjoyable mindless flick, but Frozen didn't make me feel for its characters, so I don't care for it. I thought it was just okay, overall. Glad that I only rented it, it'll probably be a long time before I seek it out for a re-watch.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#111 Posted: 01:44:18 22/06/2014
Quote: DeathStar
Well

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

( via http://thebassoonerthebetter.t...-dont-even-know )

andno,Ihavenotseenityet)

THIS MADE ME DIE. I WOKE MY DAD UP I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD.
---
now its time to get funky
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#112 Posted: 01:15:24 30/07/2014
I finally got around to watching this. Even though it's old news, I'll just copy-paste what I said on Tumblr:

Quote:
If you’re looking for a forgettable, but still entertaining flick that you can get a laugh out of and maybe talk over, or even watch with kids, then yes, I recommend it.

Do not expect it to be deeply inspiring, empowering, or even a timeless movie in every way, like everyone hypes it up to be. I’m sorry but it just isn’t that.

As for the main characters:

Elsa is an interesting concept that just isn’t used a whole lot. I was surprised by how little screen time she got, and even when she is on screen, not a whole lot is done with her, and I feel like she is far from the well developed character everyone makes her out to be. Also, by the end of the movie, she turns into Anna #2, which makes what little development she had feel pointless.

Anna is an unlikable Mary Sue. She makes a bunch of mistakes and expects everyone else to help her out, even a complete stranger (she basically demands Kristoph help him). And they never really close the whole “growing up” arc for her, I feel like she hardly matured over the course of the movie.

Kristoph is OK. I liked his, at times, blunt attitude. And how he was meant to be the realist of the movie. But after a while, he became quite uninteresting when they turned his only role into being the love interest for Anna.

Hans is the generic knight in shining armour/hot guy figure until he becomes a dickish and cowardly villain for a few minutes at the end, only to be instantly ripped down to a pitiful character who’s gonna get told off by his big brothers and what not. Completely uninteresting and a huge let down as the main villain. I would have much preferred if the movie focused on Elsa’s inner torment a lot more, and made that the metaphorical “villain”, rather than using Hans as a poor plot device (he only exists to throw you off who Anna is “supposed” to love, and to then give a reason for an “act of true love” to happen when Anna saves Elsa, which in turn saves Anna from her doomed fate).

Olaf is honestly the best character by far. He’s hilarious. But there was this interesting layer of depth that I THINK was intentional (I could just be headcanoning but this is what I got from him) - he feels like he’s supposed to be a physical manifestation of Elsa’s younger, more positive spirit. Elsa bottled up her positive feelings for years, and could not be the big, supportive sister she wanted to be. And I feel like Olaf is the physical manifestation of those bottled up feelings, as not only does he make Anna smile with his goofy, playful, and innocent nature, but he also makes a lot of random quotes of wisdom that help Anna figure out the right path (he’s basically the whole reason she picks up between the chemistry between herself and Kristoph). What makes this even more plausible a theory? Olaf was created during the “Let It Go” scene, in which Elsa was letting out everything she bottled up. So I think it’s plausible to think that Elsa unintentionally re-created her most positive aspects in Olaf. I expected Olaf to simply be the “cute, marketable mascot” of the movie, which he still is, but he ended up being a lot more to me and I hope that was a conscious decision on the part of the writers.

And Sven is cute and entertaining but I don’t really have anything notable to say about him.

The animation and art direction is beautiful though (aside from some questionable texture work on some background objects, which is bizarre for a Disney film, but it isn’t very noticeable), and the soundtrack is solid. I don’t like Let It Go as much as most but it’s by no means a bad song, I just didn’t think the direction it took after the first 40 seconds was as powerful as other directions they could have took.

Overall, a nice flick movie, though I find it forgettable. It’s by no means a Disney classic to me, and Wreck-It Ralph was a much better and more engaging film, and that has nothing to do with the awesome video game references.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#113 Posted: 14:49:08 30/07/2014
^ Arc of Archives likes this
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#114 Posted: 20:37:58 30/07/2014
I thought it was to par with older Disney movies, just with the way it was executed, I consider it in my top five, It was classic Disney with better production values IMO

But seriously guys, this has gone on long enough, just Let It Go
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#115 Posted: 12:24:01 04/04/2016
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

Something I hate are people who hate this movie JUST because of Let it Go because that just Is an inmature and childish excuse
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#116 Posted: 13:46:01 04/04/2016
Another two year necro, whoo boy.

I don't really recall watching the full movie ever. At this point it's not even worth it, I got told the plot a thousand times by kids and references.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#117 Posted: 14:41:30 04/04/2016
I'd give it a go one day, Bifrost, even if you just put it on while you're doing something else. smilie

What I don't understand is that people hate this movie even if they haven't seen it, just because it is a successful Disney princess film, or a successful soundtrack, or whatever. I have the same thing with most Dreamworks films though - I hate it just because it's Dreamworks. smilie
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#118 Posted: 05:48:20 05/04/2016
I don't hate it, but I find it wayyy over-hyped and over-rated. Let It Go isn't that great and is over-played. The resolution with Elsa is terrible like what Drawdler said. She magically gets control of her powers by the end without really trying, which all the problems she had before makes this highly underwhelming and anti-climactic and somewhat bothered me.

I found Olaf to be a bit annoying and overall like his existence was solely to be a peppy mascot to sell merchandise to kids. He made sense for the story in being the old snowman they'd built as kids, but I would've preferred he not be as prominent as he was.

I don't mind sitting through it and think it's a decent movie (despite the unresolved issues with Elsa in the ending). It's no where near the best Disney movie like people make it out to be by far.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#119 Posted: 16:15:07 05/04/2016
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: SkylandrPurists
Quote: mega spyro
I like most of them except frozen, plus its time is way overdue, which doesn't make me like it or it's annoying let it go song any more.

That is a really unoriginal comment and also really childish

I actually like both Frozen and the song despite their overabundance. But hating both for no reason really?

Kind of reminds of a certain SpongeBob episode that people harp on JUST BECAUSE OF A TEN SECOND SCENE.

I just didn't really like it, is that so terrible? I'm just not really a fan of princess movies, especially those with lot's of singing. It's just not my thing. I really only thought it might be decent because of the few commercials I saw, it looked like that snowman was the main character, and not just two princesses. I wouldn't have even really went if my dad didn't force us all to go to the movies about the time it came out.

Just gonna leave this here, because I feel you didn't read my post on the s&n thread.

Quote: Drawdler
I hate Frozen but it has nothing to do with Let It Go. I can't even remember that song and I never remembered it well in the first place. I'm tired of seeing the same render of the two sisters on various merch, the songs bored me (though I've never been much of a musical fan), I think the film just tried being too much and I absolutely loathe Elsa (terrible character, not enough development to feel fleshed out, never owes up to or tries to do anything about the problems she caused but still gets a happy ending- I understand forgiveness, but what Elsa did was way too ****ing extreme for that, she suddenly put her kingdom in a horrible winter and everyone is fine with it- plus at the end of the movie she magically has total mastery of her magic, I just can't buy it and it doesn't make for a satisfying ending anyway because again, we don't really see her go through good character development).

Then again, it's been quite a while since I saw the movie and I have NO intentions of watching it again unless I ever get to have a movie night and a couple of friends reaaalllly want to watch it (and then I'll disown them jk).

Quote: Seiki
I don't hate it, but I find it wayyy over-hyped and over-rated. Let It Go isn't that great and is over-played. The resolution with Elsa is terrible like what Drawdler said. She magically gets control of her powers by the end without really trying, which all the problems she had before makes this highly underwhelming and anti-climactic and somewhat bothered me.

I found Olaf to be a bit annoying and overall like his existence was solely to be a peppy mascot to sell merchandise to kids. He made sense for the story in being the old snowman they'd built as kids, but I would've preferred he not be as prominent as he was.

I don't mind sitting through it and think it's a decent movie (despite the unresolved issues with Elsa in the ending). It's no where near the best Disney movie like people make it out to be by far.

^ Also these.
---
Dead
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#120 Posted: 20:11:03 05/04/2016
Sorry about that, I just find it really tedious that people complain about the movie just for a somewhat-overplayed song.

STILL LOVE THIS MOVIE!!smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#121 Posted: 18:11:35 12/04/2016
I could do so much better...
"Oh, really?"
Yes, peasant. *Throws a bucket of my ideas at you and runs away.*

(I also agree with some people here, I'm tired of seeing this movie everywhere.)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me